31

Path of the arranged marriage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Taecyeon woke up with a jerk. He felt guilty for falling asleep. He saw his jacket on him.

Yoona

He had given her this jacket when she was cold earlier on. He turned around to see her, but she was not there.

Where did she go?

He craned his neck to see her. She was sitting by the river. She looked peaceful, beautiful, angelic.

“How come you are here?” He asked her as he sat by her, slightly startling her.

“You are awake.” There was a bright smile on her face. He liked that. He felt greedy in that moment. He wanted to see more of that bright smile.

“You should have woken me up. I feel bad for sleeping.” Yoona noticed how they were beginning to talk in ease. A few months earlier, it was not the case. She had Taecyeon talking to her in comfort, in a flow, with ease.

“You must have been tired.” Yoona spoke. In some ways she was like Hyesung. Taecyeon could not help but see Hyesung’s caring nature emerge out of Yoona. But the only difference was that Yoona was someone he liked...loved.

“How long was I asleep for?”

“About 15 minutes.” She spoke while looking at the watch.

He was in disbelief. It was only quarter past 2? It felt like he was sleeping for hours.

“I am sorry.”

“For what.”

“For sleeping.”

“Don’t be.” Taecyeon’s soft eyes were fixed on hers. He felt like he was drowning with her passing second. This was like déjà vu of what happened before at the food stand.

Silence passed between them, both still looking in each other’s eyes.

He felt the need to say something. But he did not know what exactly was what he wanted to say.

“I think we should head back to your home.” Taecyeon said in finality. Those were not the words he wanted to say. But atleast it filled up the silence.

As much as Yoona wanted to protest, she knew that she had to go home. Taecyeon was tired. She was tired. And this was truly more than anyone had ever given her. She had control her greed and go back home and let Taecyeon go to Busan to continue with work.

She answered with a slight nod.

They were walking back in a comfortable silence. But Taecyeon still felt that there was something he was supposed to tell her.

What is it?

He could not form the words since he himself did not know the exact feeling due to the confusion swimming in his mind.

He turned to see Yoona and found her hand on her chest feeling the pendant he had given her as a gift. He smiled at the sight. He liked the fact that she liked it. He was glad at the sight.

She was clutching onto her book with her other hand.

I have always wanted to read this book. How

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter