Chapter Ten :)

Fate (B1A4 fan fiction)

 

**Crystal's POV**
 
"Oh my gosh! The DVD isn't released yet?" I asked out of boredom.
 
"Will you relax? The concert just ended 5 days ago." CNU oppa scolded playfully.
 
Yes, the awkwardness between CNU oppa and I was gone after I apologized for over a thousand times. Nah, who am I kidding? I apologized 20 times. Maximum. He told me that it was an accident so we're cool.
 
"Let's all go out! Let's dress in all black and play manhunt outside." I suggested cheerfully, jumping up and down like an excited dog.
 
"Why all black?" CNU oppa asked.
 
"So it'll be harder to find someone." Baro replied.
 
"Lets play!" Gongchan said, grinning like a Cheshire Cat.
 
Why do some people look like erts when they grin like a Cheshire Cat but when it comes to Gongchan, he looks more adorable than ever?
 
Baro, Gongchan and I looked at the 3 other boys with puppy eyes. Soon enough, Ducky-ah gave up and imitated us, facing the two eldest members. Both oppa's looked at each other at the same time before nodding.
 
We clapped and cheered before heading to our bedrooms to change.
 
"Okay, do we hide individually or by partners?" Jinyoung oppa asked after we changed our clothes and gathered back in the living room.
 
"Lets do it by partner! I call Badeul!" Ducky-ah said, pulling Baro closer to him.
 
"Jinchan!" Gongchan said, jumping on Jinyoung oppa's back.
 
"Oppa, what do we call our team?" I asked, turning to CNU oppa.
 
The room got quiet for a few seconds.
 
"Shinstal." Jinyoung oppa offered.
 
"Or Yunwoo!" Baro said.
 
"Why Yunwoo?" Gongchan asked, scrunching his eyebrows.
 
"Yu-Ri and Shinwoo." Sandeul-ah replied simply, raising his left eyebrow.
 
Gongchan just nodded as a reply. We walked outside the house quietly.
 
"CNstal or Cryswoo." Shinwoo oppa said, breaking the silence.
 
"Shinstal.. Yunwoo.. CNstal.. Cryswoo.. I can't choose!" I groaned.
 
"It's fine. Just call us.. The turtle team. We'll think of something next time." Shinwoo oppa said, chuckling.
 
"It's settled, then. We have three teams. Badeul, Jinchan and turtle team. So, who's the it?" Gongchan asked.
 
"Not us!" I shouted before running off with my teammate.
 
"Us, too!" I faintly heard Jinyoung oppa laughed at Baro and Ducky-ah, running off to the opposite side.
 
"Lets ditch them." Shinwoo oppa whispered.
 
"Woah. That's the meanest words that I've ever heard from you, oppa. Where are we going?" I replied, grinning.
 
"Anywhere." He smiled down at me.
 
We've been walking for 20 minutes before we reached a busy street filled with stores. People walking from store to store, talking and laughing with their family and friends.
 
"Your cheeks are pink." Shinwoo oppa said, pointing at my cheeks.
 
"It's really hot tonight. I'm going to suggest to grab some ice cream but I don't have any money with me." I replied.
 
Shinwoo oppa checked his pockets. Front, back and the sides, but he just shook his head.
 
It would be nice to eat some ice cream on a hot night like this. What should we do? Should I ask people for money like Enrique did on his show Flower Boys Next Door when Go Dok Mi lied about her Grandmother? You know, the part where they got hungry but they didn't get to bring their wallets? Oh! I know!
 
It's like a lightbulb appeared on the side of my head and "dinged!".
 
"Oppa, is there a music shop nearby?" I asked excitedly.
 
"Yeah. Wae?" He asked, walking to the shop's direction.
 
"I want an ice cream but we don't have money so.. I'm thinking of singing, then people will watch and if they loved it, they'll give us some money." I explained a bit.
 
"Oh, like the street performers? Ah, I get what you mean." Oppa said simply.
 
We arrived at the nearest music store. Shinwoo oppa did all the talking, asking if we can borrow two chairs and two microphones. Two girls jumped up and down when they saw him and begged their father to lend him the things we need.
 
"What song do you want?" Shinwoo oppa asked me.
 
"We should do a mash up of Taeyang's I Need A Girl and IU's I Need A Boy, next is you.  Pick a song that you like, then I'll sing falling in love by 2ne1, and we will finish it off with Superstar. The one you sang on SimSimTaPa the other day? Is that okay, oppa?" I said.
 
"Fine with me. I'll sing Justin Timberlake's Mirrors. I'll ask the owner if they have the sing along version of those songs. How about the mash up?" Shinwoo oppa replied.
 
"One word: acoustic. I'll borrow the guitar." I smiled before walking to the other side of the store where a woman is standing by the guitar stands.
 
I learned that the woman is the owner's wife and she agreed right away, saying that it'll be like a free endorsement for their store since Shinwoo oppa and I are both famous. We set the chairs, microphone stands and a hat (I don't know where CNU oppa got it) in front of the store.
 
"Annyeonghaseyo! I'm B1A4's CNU and this is my good friend Crystal. We are performing a few songs for you. Hope you like it!" Shinwoo oppa said, grabbing some passerby's attention.
 
"Ready? Here we go." I asked, earning a nod from him.
 
"Senggak omnun mal tu Orinedul malgu nal Gamsa anajul yeah
Shimshim haltte gakeum Nonun aedul mal gu Naman saranghejul
Gamanissodo danyeojadeul Jeonhwagil naemiljiman
Jarangseureopge nae sajineul Keonae boinungeureon" I started.
 
"Boy (Girl) I need a boy (Girl) Mwol haedo ipeun Momae do ipeun
Boy (Girl) I need a boy (Girl) Baby I need you Boy (Girl) you need me too" We sang in unison.
 
"chimaboda cheongbajiga deo jal eoullineun geureon yeoja
gimchibokkeumbabeun naega jal mandeureo daesin jal meogeul su inneun yeoja
Uh~ naiga manhado eoryeo boineun yeoja
nan geureon yeojaga joteora know what I mean" Shinwoo oppa sang, making the teenage girls (even the noonas) swoon.
 
He sings the song beautifully. I nearly swooned, too just like the girls in front of us but I hold it in.
 
"bukkeureoun cheok hamyeonseodo dangdol hal jul aneun girl"
 
"Namjadaoun cheok hamyeonseodo Somseo haljuk anun boy"
 
Not to sound conceited but the song sounded great even if we didn't practiced it.
 
"Girl (Boy) I need a girl (Boy) umm yeah yeah
Girl (Boy) like you gotta make you mine
Imma treat you right baby." We ended the song, smiling at each other.
 
The crowd surrounding us applaused, chanting "more!" again and again.
 
Shinwoo oppa and I chuckled. They obviously loved it!
 
"Next, I'm going to sing Mirrors by the one and only Justin Timberlake." He announced.
 
"Aren't you somethin' to admire?
'Cause your shine is somethin' like a mirror
And I can't help but notice
You reflect in this heart of mine
If you ever feel alone and
The glare makes me hard to find
Just know that I'm always
Parallel on the other side" Shinwoo oppa sang.
 
The girls stared at him with dreamy eyes as if they got struck by Cupid's arrow. Do you know how perfect he sounds? Deep sigh. I wish someone will like me as me not as the 'famous human barbie look alike'. I don't even see myself anywhere near Barbie's perfect face.
 
Imagine the man of your dreams serenading you with your favorite song or the sweetest song he can think of outside your house while you watch him sing by the window. It would be awesome, right?
 
Loud applause interrupted my daydreaming.
 
"It's your turn now." Shinwoo oppa said.
 
I smiled at the crowd before clearing my throat, standing up from the stool and taking the microphone with me. 2ne1's Falling In Love started playing.
 
While the backing vocals are playing, I danced at the same time. What? I love the song and the band so I memorized it along with the choreography. That proves how special they are for me.
 
"Oh my nae mami wae iri seolleneunji molla
Ireumdo moreuneun geudae apeseo nan
O cheonguk gateun neoui nunbiche jeongmal
Alright alright alright alright" I sang.
 
CL unnie's rap part wasn't that hard. It's kind of slow for me so its easy to follow the tune and with the help of simple romanized lyrics.
 
"Touch me over there
Touch me over here
Touch me touch me over there
Touch touch touch
Yeah yeah" I ended the song by flipping my hair and a wink at the audience, earning wolf whistles.
 
"Our last song will be Superstar by The Carpenters." I announced, sitting at the stool beside CNU oppa.
 
"Long ago and oh so far away
I fell in love with you before the second show" Shinwoo oppa started with a high note, making me stare at him. I know it's rude to stare but I can't help it. I didn't expect to hear a note that high from him. I'm not looking down at him, it's just.. Wow!
 
"Your guitar, it sounds so sweet and clear
But you're not really here
It's just the radio" I sang.
 
"Don't you remember you told me you loved me baby
You said you'd be coming back this way again baby
Baby, baby, baby, baby, oh, baby, I love you I really do" We sang, as if we're telling it to each other.
 
Judging from his voice since their debut and now, you can hear the big improvement, right? His falsetto can make you melt like an ice cream on a very hot day. My heart kept on beating wildly inside my chest every time he looks at me with his smiling eyes. Oh my gosh! What is this?! What is he doing to me?
 
"Thank You for stopping by!" Shinwoo oppa said.
 
People dropped some money on the hat one by one before they walk away.
 
"Kamsahamnida!" I bowed.
 
The two girls asked for a picture with Shinwoo oppa and I and an autograph. Their parents tried giving us some money but we refused to accept it.
 
Few teenage girls and guys are still standing outside the store asking for our pictures and autographs.
 
10 slooooooooow minutes passed..
 
"Oppa, I'll order, you go find a seat. Please?" I asked.
 
"But I'm the guy." He protested.
 
"So? I want you to try something new, oppa." I replied, walking to the cashier.
 
I ordered 2 hot fudge sundaes and 2 large French fries. After ordering, I paid the food and walked where CNU oppa sat.
 
Oppa looked at the food I bought with his eyebrows raised.
 
"I'll get some ketchup." He said, getting up from his chair but I stopped him.
 
"No. I didn't took ketchup on purpose, oppa." I said.
 
"But why? They taste much better with it." He replied.
 
"Have you ever tried the fries dipped in a hot fudge sundae? Try it!" I said, pushing a fries and sundae on his direction.
 
I watched him grab a fry, dip it in his sundae and put it inside his mouth.
 
"Tastes great!" He exclaimed.
 
"I know, right?" I said before eating a fry.
 
We ate, laughed and feed each other.
 
"What do you have to type in your phone so people can't track down your number?" I asked Shinwoo oppa.
 
"Asterisk 89. Wae?" He asked.
 
"You'll see." I replied shortly, wiggling my eyebrows.
 
"It's ringing." I said.
 
"Who are you calling?" Oppa asked, peaking at my phone.
 
"Ducky." I replied, tapping the speaker so Shinwoo oppa can hear.
 
"Yoboseo?" Sandeul oppa asked in a sleepy voice.
 
"Moshi moshi! Herro? Are you the fine young man living in number 101? The house with white door and a hanging wind catcher on the outside?" I asked in a squeaky middle aged woman's voice.
 
"Yes. Why?" He asked.
 
"Your cat is sitting on my newly painted bright pink fence." I replied.
 
"But I don't have a cat." Sandeul oppa said, with a hint of confusion on his voice.
 
"And I don't have a fence, either. You look y tonight on those really tight shorts, by the way." I whispered in a creepy voice the last part and hung up on him.
 
Shinwoo and I laughed, imagining Sandeul oppa's reaction.
 
"You ready to go home?" Shinwoo oppa asked, after a few minutes.
 
"Sure, what time is it? Omo! Did we just spent an hour and a half here?" I asked, my eyes widened when I saw that it is already 10:50.
 
"Uh-huh. Lets go." He replied, grabbing the food tray.
 
"Oppa, tomorrow's your flight to Japan, right?" I asked halfway on our journey to their house. I enjoy the comfortable silence between us but I can't help but feel guilty.
 
"Nae. Too bad you can't come with us." He replied, looking at me.
 
"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have insisted on buying an ice cream. Now you'll not get enough sleep before your flight because of me." I said.
 
"It's fine. I'm the one who suggested to ditch the boys, remember? I like spending my free time with you." He replied coolly.
 
Did he just say that he likes spending time with me?! Oh, please, heart, don't be too excited. He must've said it to keep me from blaming myself or in a friendly way. Don't let your hopes up. This will only be a memory for the both of us in the future when he gets a girlfriend.
 
No one spoke until we reached the house where Jinyoung oppa, Gongchan, Baro and a sleeping Sandeul were sitting on the couch, waiting for us.
 
"Look who decided to finally came out of their 'hiding place'." Jinyoung oppa said sarcastically, crossing his arms in front of his chest.
 
Shinwoo oppa and I looked at each other and chuckled to ourselves. They bid their goodnights before going to their own rooms, leaving Sandeul oppa sleep on the sofa.
 
"Oppa, please help me carry Ducky to their room. Well, not really 'carry' because he's heavier than me but.. Please?" I asked CNU oppa.
 
"I'll carry him, you go wash up first." He replied.
 
"You sure?" I asked.
 
He nodded.
 
"Jinjja?" I asked once again.
 
He glared at me playfully.
 
I giggled before heading to the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth.
 
"Knock knock." I said, before opening Shinwoo oppa, Jinyoung oppa and Gongchan baby's bedroom door.
 
"You're done already?" Shinwoo oppa asked.
 
I nodded before walking to Gongchan's bed to give him a kiss on the cheek, same with Jinyoung oppa.
 
"Oppa, do you have a marker?" I whispered to CNU oppa.
 
He reached something under Jinyoung oppa's pillow and handed me a permanent marker. I grinned like lunatic before heading out of the door.
 
"What are you going to do with the marker?" Shinwoo oppa asked, following me to Sandeul oppa and Baro's room.
 
I winked at him before removing the cap of the marker and drew a mustache on Sandeul oppa's face.
 
"Deullie will kill you." Oppa whispered.
 
"No, I'm not." I replied, putting the marker on Baro's hands and kissed their cheeks like a mother does every night with her children. It was kind of a habit now. Even though I act immature, the boys are more immature than me so I feel like I should take care of them like a mother.
 
 
 
----
I'll take the exam tomorrow. Wish me luck!
 
Okay, it's really uneventful but what matters is that I updated and its long. :)
Here's CNU singing Superstar on SimSimTaPa with Jang Hee Young (if you haven't seen it yet)  http://youtu.be/3nB9AwfXeSg
 
I love this cover of Falling In Love http://youtu.be/ZjU812LmpgA (credits to her)
 
Comment? :)