Chapter 6

Are You Really The One?

Victoria’s POV

 It’s been 3 weeks since I moved to this school. Taecyeon oppa no longer fetched me because I knew the road and I prefer ride a bus everyday along with Nichkhun. Although he will go down first because his house nearer from school then mine. Everytime he about the leave the bus, he always has that apologetic face because of leaving me alone on the bus. He has too much reaction, but I found it cute. So I will say that I’m okay and I will text him everytime I got home to prove that I’m still alive.

We didn’t go to school with Chansung and Sulli because our home are in the opposite way. I barely knew that Chansung and Sulli are going to school together by Chansung’s car, but they’ll go home separately because of the extracuriculler they joined are different. Sometimes Chansung has to hang out with his girlfriend, I heard that his relationship with Uee has ended, and now he’s dating a girl from the other school, named Lizzy. So, sometime Sulli has to go home alone or together with Jieun and Hyejeong unnie.

Unlike Chansung and Sulli, although our club activities never end up on a same time, I and Nichkhun used to wait for each other. Honestly, Taecyeon oppa suggested it first to go home together no matter what, and now it becomes our habit. When my glee club isn’t over yet, he will wait by adding his time to practice basketball. When my glee club over first, I will wait for him on the bleacher watches him play while memorizing some lyrics. Some of his basketball friends always tease me about I’m being his girlfriend, and he will reject it and nags his friend to not tease me. I’m okay with their teasing, because actually I feel nothing towards Nichkhun. He’s my best friend who accepted me at first day of school really well and he’s Taecyeon oppa’s best friend too. So whatever they say, I’m his best friend anyway.

I also barely discovered that Nichkhun is a caring person to his best friend, but a cold one to the others. I don’t know why he acts like that, but I feel comfortable around him. He has a good manner, handsome face, and very caring but sometimes a little bit silly even annoying. But he always successfully makes me laugh.

“Vic-unnie, why do you suddenly smilling by yourself. ” So Eun startled me. She made me back to the real world. Aish, why do I thinking about him when I should be memorizing some song lyrics that glee club will be perform next day.

“Ani. I just think that this song is totally good. It has a great lyric. So I smile.” I lied to her. I shouldn’t be actually.

“I think you’re going crazy. Have you memorized all of that, unnie?” She asked me again. I barely found a week ago that I’m the oldest member of this glee club on the sophomore year. So every member of glee club on the sophomore and freshmen year call me unnie or noona. So the sequence of age of glee club members that on the sophomore year are I’m the oldest, followed by So Eun, then Junho, Wooyoung, Sulli and Jieun is the maknae.

“Not yet. How about you?” I asked her back.

“I wish I could memorize it all in a flash. It’s too much, unnie. Hyejeong unnie is so mean” She whinning with her aegyo.

“Yah, why are you complaining.” Hyejeong unnie suddenly standing behind us.

“Nothing unnie. Your songs’s choice totally great. I love it all.” So Eun said with a weird smile then send a glare on me.

“Ne, unnie. Your choices are jjang. We’re really on fire to do this soon.” I tried to help So Eun.

“Aish, these two really something. How can I get mad at you two when you showed that kind of aegyo? Just continue what you’re doing before. I’ll go to Kwonnie for awhile.” Hyejeong unnie said then me and So Eun nod together. Hyejeong unnie is a disclipine girl but kind and so friendly. Everyone in this club respect her. I adore her actually. She’s beautiful, have a great voice, humble and the president of this club.

“Unnie, did you know that Kwonnie had a girlfriend in this school, but she’s older than him?” So Eun asked me again.

“Ani. Where did you get the news?” I asked confusely.

Jo Kwon aka Kwonnie is a newest member of this club. Two days after I joined this club, there’s a promotional club day. One week later, this glee club got 10 new members from the freshmen year. But the most outstanding new member was Kwonnie. He had a great voice and expression when he’s singing. You can feel goosebump when you heard him sing. But on the reality, he’s a class clown, a super funny one. He will makes everyone in this club laugh so hard everyday because of his behaviour and his own kkab dance. He’s very kind to everyone, but it seems that he’s not comfortable to be around with me or Sulli. I don’t know what did we do wrong to him, but I’m okay with it. And I still trying to approach him so he will be comfortable around me. I really want to have a a dongsaeng like him.

“My classmate said that but she don’t know who’s he’s girl.” So Eun looked clueless still continue talking about Kwonnie’s mysterious girlfriend that I’m not so interested.

“Unnies, what are you two doing. Talking about me?” a cute maknae, Jieun suddenly showed up.

“What’s wrong with this people in this club. Seems like everyone love to make a sudden appearance and startle the other.” I sigh but Jieun only giggles.

“Yeah, you’re right unnie, who started all of this actually.” So Eun agreed with me.

“As I remember Chansung oppa did. He loves to move around like a monkey and shows up sud..”

“Jankanman. What did you just say? Chansung? He was on this club before, wasn’t he?” I interrupt Jieun explanation.

“A-ani. I mean he..” Jieun stutter and So Eun looks like thinking about what should she say to cover it up.

“Yes, he was. We should tell it to Victoria. She’s our member, it’s mean that she’s our family and she has a right to know the truth. As I saw that she’s Chansung and Khun’s bestfriend right?” Hyejeong unnie suddenly comes up.

“Ne, unnie just tell me.” I curiously asked.

Then Hyejeong unnie tells that Chansung and Nichkhun joined this club on their freshmen year along with the other sophomore members. But something happened and made those two kicked out from the club for the sake of this club.

“What’s their problem, anyway?” I asked again because she didn’t tell the whole story.

“You should ask those two. I have no right to tell you. Actually I feel guilty to them, because I kicked them out.

“Don’t be, unnie. You did the right thing. But they also not that wrong. You have your reason, so do them.” So Eun reassuring her while Jieun, her little sister, hug her from behind.

“Thanks, unnie for telling me that.” I thanked her.

“No problem. Actually I hope them back on this club before I graduate. They’re like family to me. Anyway, let’s get back to practice. Where’s Minjun, Junho and Wooyoung. Does it take a year for them to buy a snack? I shouldn’t aks them to do that if it turns like this.”

“Be patient, unnie. They just went 10 minutes ago and you already missed them.” I throw a joke to change up the mood.

“She don’t. She only missed one person so badly.” So Eun join to .

“Ah, the one and only Minjun oppa.” Jieun said innocently.

“Yah, these dongsaeng. Go back to your practice.” She pretend to angry, so we act like we scared of her. Then we burst out laugh. I feel lucky to joined this club and meet these kind of people.

“Where are Sulli and Minho? They said they’ll be late but this is already 30 minutes and they haven’t show up yet.” Hyejeong unnie complaining again. Like I told before she’s very discipline.

“A few minutes ago Junho oppa text me and said that Minho oppa texted him that he has an urgent thing to do and will finish on uncertain time. But he promise that he’ll come” So Eun report to the club president.

“Your report is so confusing. But I get it. Any news about Sulli?” She responded.

“When the class was over, Sulli said to me that she’ll accompany Chansung to buy something really important. She said that it’ll be quick. I tried to text her a while ago but she haven’t reply yet.” I gave a report to Hyejeong unnie too.

“Ne, arasso. I’ll punish them for being late and the punishment depends on their reason. Okay go ahead with your practice. I’ll check the others.” She said firmly.

We’re going back to practicing and suddenly in the middle of that, Chansung called me. I moved away from Jieun and So Eun to pick it up.

“Yoboseyo?”

“Yoboseyo noona. Do you know where am I? He answered with an aegyo voice. Actually Chansung and Nichkhun also my dongsaeng. They younger by months. Chansung always happily call me noona, but Nichkhun refuse to do that. He even joked about he suggested me to call him oppa and certainly I won’t do that.

“Yah, are you crazy. How come I know where you are. Just bring back Sulli to school. She’s going to get punishment from the club president if she late any longer.” I said in one breath taking.

“Errmm, noona. I didn’t get it. I’m with Lizzy not Sulli. I saw she was with you when the school over, wasn’t she?” he answered confusely.

“Akh, ne. So, she’s really not with you right now?”

“Ani. Noona, anyway I’m on the mart and I saw some packs of raw samgyupsal. Do you want me to buy you some since you really like it?”

“No. Thank you. Offer it to Khun. I’ll hang up. Bye.” I hung up first and didn’t even wait for his respon.

Did Sulli lie to me? Where’s she actually? And why did she don’t tell the truth?