Chapter 2

Are You Really The One?

Victoria’s POV

Almost 3,5 hours we are practicing some songs, with a little effort luckily I can get along well with them. Thanks to my mom who made me attending the vocal course when I was grader. Everybody praised me for that, and accepted me really well in this club. I feel glad Sulli registered me on this.

After we practiced everybody got back to their own business. Hyejeong and Jun.K going to the study course for their final examination this year. Junho and So Eun having a date on theatre. IU and Sulli going to the mall to look for Sulli’s mother birthday present and Wooyoung will drive them there. Actually they invited me to join too, but today I promised to my brother’s girlfriend, Guigui, to teach her cooking in my house. The last is Minho, he have to go to his part-time job as a barista in coffee shop. Such a wonderful boy, he got the handsome face, a beautiful voice and the skill for being the barista. I wish that Sulli can date him. They fell really sorry for leaving me alone. But I said that my brother will pick me up soon.

So, here I am, standing alone in the front of school gate. I barely texted my brother to pick me up, and he simply replied with an ‘okay’. I have nothing to do, so i daydreaming about what things should I do in this new school until someone tapped my shoulder. I startled and found the person who did that is my classmate, Nichkhun.

“Oh,mi.. mianhae Victoria-ssi. Did I surprise you? I called you several times but you didn’t notice me. So I tapped your shoulder.” His face really feel sorry, and I found it really cute. Looks like he have done something really bad to me.

“No, no, don’t feel sorry. That was my fault. I have my own thoughts until I didn’t notice you.” I bowed 90 degree because I made him guilty.

Nichkhun’s POV

I barely finished my basketball practice and ready to get home to take some rest. When I headed to the school gate, I saw a really beautiful figure standing alone there. Is that the new student, Victoria? Why do she stand alone there and not go home yet in this very evening? Should I approach her or not? I have a lot of thoughts on my own. Why do my heart beats this fast? I never feel this kind of feeling before. I feel like there’s a butterfly in my stomach. Ah, I know it, it’s the same feeling when she came in to the class in this morning. What happen with me anyway?

Unconsciously I called her name and my footsteps get faster toward her. But she didn’t notice me, so I called her three times until I got near her and tapped her shoulder. She stratled and those bunny eyes of her looks like ready to popped out. My ears got red by seeing that, I could feel it. Why my heart beats faster than before.

“Oh, mi.. mianhae Victoria-ssi. Did I surprise you? I called you several times but you didn’t notice me. So I tapped your shoulder.” I talked really fast but stuttered in the first. This is really not happening. What happened with me actually?

“No, no, don’t feel sorry. That was my fault. I have my own thoughts until I didn’t notice you.” She even bowed 90 degree to me, she’s pretty, kind and polite. How can the perfect girl like her exists this world?

I give my very best smile to her.

Victoria’s POV

He replied me with a really cute smile that made my heart melts. But suddenly I remembered my old times. Don’t fall in love with him, Victoria. I said to myself. We have an awkward silence after that. Looks like he examining my face, and unconsciously I’m doing that too. Oh my... his eyebrows are really thick, the size of his head is small and I found it cute. Then his eyes meets mine. Ah, what did I do? Suddenly I looked away and he looked really shy because of that.

“What are you doing here alone?” finally he broke the silence between us.

“Ah, I’m waiting for my brother to pick me up.”

“Oh, I’ll accompany you until your brother’s here. That’s not good, a girl standing here alone at this time.”

 

Nichkhun’s POV

What did I say once again? I never been this nice to a girl before. Especially after that bad things happened to my late brother, Nichan, and my bestfriends. Girls are trash, aren’t they? Why did i say such a nice thing to her? Even for my bestfriend, Sulli, I never did this kind of thing to her. I feel that my ears got redder. And when I did a quick examination to her, she really have a pretty face. Chansung was right, she is a goddess. Her bunny eyes attracts me a lot. I saw her cheek blushed and then she looked away.

“I’m okay, Nichkhun-ssi. Look like you’re really tired. You said that you went to practice basketball before, right? My brother won’t be that long. I don’t want to be a burden for you.” Is she worrying me? Oh my God, Victoria, why did you do that? It makes my heart beats even faster and faster.

“No problem. I’m no that tired, and my home is close from this school. Right there!” I pointed my way home.

“Actually I have nothing to do at home, I bet that my mom’s cooking haven’t ready yet. So I will accompany you here, so that I don’t have to help her serve dinner.” I mehrong to her that made she let out chuckles. I stood beside her and found that our heights difference are perfect.

“Nichkhun-ssi..” she called my name beautifully.

“Ne.” I looked at her

“I have something to tell you, but no offense. Deal?”

“Mwo? Did I do wrong?” Did I gave a bad impression to her before?

“Ne.” She nodded and tried to look serious, but I knew that she suppressed herself to laugh.

“Deal. I won’t be offend.”

“When we had conversation in the class before, you seems like you didn’t pay attention on my presence. I fell like you hate me from the beginning. When I tried to talked to you, you only replied with a small word or nodded. Did you just acting cool or something?” she said all of that in one breathtaking and that things made me laugh so loud. This girl really have some unique charms.

“Why did you laugh? Was it wrong?” she pouts cutely.

“Ani, ani, mianhae. I don’t meant to. How can a person said a lot in one breathtaking. You should teach me that someday.”  I joked around.

“Is that so? Okay, let’s leave that matter, and answer my question before?” she forced a smile.

“Is that really important for you?”

“Ne. I wonder if you hate me or not. That’s not good if in my first day I already have an enemy.” She showed a serious look.

“I don’t hate you. Never. That’s the daily me.” I fixed my eyes to her to made her believe in me, then she formed a smile.

“Really? Thank’s God!” she smile happily. “So, I can conclude that you just acted like a cool boy. Arasso.” She nodded her head continuously.

“Ani, I never acted, It happens naturally. I’m a natural cool boy.” I wiggled my eyebrows and smile mischievously.

“You think? Not at all mister! You failed to be that one of kind. You broke that image just now.” She sticked her tongue out and rolled her bunny eyes.

I realized something. Yes, this is the first time, since that day, I became loose like this. Joked around with a girl so happily. This girl changed me in her very first presence on my life.

“Hey, are you okay?” she waved her hand in front of my eyes.

“Oh, ne. I just had my own thoughts.” I answered honestly.

“Thoughts about what? You regretted that you just broke your cool image, don’t you?” she asked playfully.

“I regret that I approached you and let you knew that actually I’m not that cool person” I also answered playfully.

“Truthfully, I prefer you like this. So honest and lively.” She smiled calmly. The way she said that made my heart flutters. Ah, what kind of feeling is this?

“Let’s be a good friend.” She added and asked for a handshake.

“So, you wanna make it official?” I asked and she answered with a happily nod.

“Arasso.” I smiled and reached her hand