Chapter 1

Are You Really The One?

“Qiannie, have you prepared yet?” Taecyeon shouts impatiently.

“Ne, oppa. I’ll go down” answer Victoria from the second floor of their small house.

“Hurry up, it’s your first day on your new school and you woke up late. Aish, really this little rascal”. Taecyeon murmurs to his little sister while preparing their breakfast.

“Mianhae, oppa”

“Eat up your sandwich and lets go. I’ll drive you to school”.

“Ne, oppa. Hmmm, your sandwich is really jjang”, Victoria wiggling her whole body because of the delicious sandwich her brother’s made. Taecyeon just smilling from ear to ear hearing her lovely little sister’s  compliment.

“Here we go. Good luck on your new school. Don’t mess up. Make a lot of new friends. Listen to what the teacher says, and call me when there’s a problem. Understand?”

“Ne, oppa. You sound like an ahjumma than an oppa” Victoria rolled her eyes.

“How dare you, little rascal!” Taecyeon pinched Victoria’s cheek lightly but she just mehrong and get out from the car then waving her right hand to her dearest brother.

She walks to the school gate with a lightly step but a trembling heart. She is a sophomore, but had to move out from her old school because of some reasons. Actually her old school was a great place, she studied there since she was a grader. But she will have a brand new life here, in JYP High School. “Victoria, fighting!” She courage herself.

Her footstep gradually become slower when she reached her class. She take a glance inside the class and found out teacher waving her hand. “Oh, Victoria. Come in” the very friendly teacher greet her. It must be Mrs. Sandara Park. She nod her head and with a light footstep she come in to the class, then quickly observing everything in it. Aaaa there’s no one that I know from this class. Thanks God!

“Okay, class. She is Victoria. She just move in to this school. Victoria, introduce yourself, please”.

“Hello. I’m Victoria Song. Nice to meet you all. Take a good care of me please. Thank you” She smile widely then bowing 90 degree.

“Ne”. The students said in unison.

“Okay, Victoria you can sit on that empty seat”.

“Ne, Mrs. Park, khamsahamnida”

“Okay class. I’ll leave the class since this is the first day of your sophomore year. Take your time to get to know any other. Bye”

Victoria take a seat beside a cute tall girl. “Hello, I’m Victoria” She introduce herself once again.

“Hello, Victoria. I’m Choi Sulli. Glad to...”

“I’m Hwang Chansung. Nice to know you, Victoria” a handsome boy with a childish smile behind Sulli interrupted Sulli’s introduction.

“Yah, how dare you, Chansung-ah! I’m not done with my introduction yet and you interrupted it” Sulli pouts to Chansung.

“Sorry Sulli-ya, I just can’t wait to introduce myself to this beautiful goddess”, he smiles mischievously.

“Chansung-ah, this is your sophomore year and you haven’t fix your playboy attitude yet” nagged the boy who sits behind Victoria. He hits Chansung’s arm with his elbow that makes Sulli laugh and mehrong to Chansung.

“Sorry for his bad attitude Victoria-ssi. I’m Nichkhun Horvejkul, anyway”.

“Oh, its okay. Glad to know you all, guys” Victoria smilling happily. I feel that my life’s gonna be great here. By the way, why do Nichkhun feels familiar to me. But I’m totally sure that I haven’t met him yet before.

 

 

Victoria’s POV

I with my new friends Sulli, Chansung and Nichkhun only spent our time in the class by having a random conversation, in the middle of it we even bought some snacks from the canteen and brought it to the class. But, because of that, I started to know them more. Sulli and Chansung are neighboor since they were grader, but they never get along well. They’re like cat and dog, but when each other have a hard times, they’ll help each other and give shoulder to rely on. Such a strange friendship, but cute. If the two get along, maybe they’ll make a great couple. When I ask to them why don’t they being a couple, they refuse it hard. Sulli said that Chansung is number one playboy, and don’t have gentleman attitude. So he’s not her type at all.

“It’s not like that Victoria-ssi. I’m not a playboy, I just haven’t find the right one yet. I think you can be the right one for me?” he wink her right eye to me. So greasy, totally a playboy but I see it cute. I just smile to him.

“Euw, So gross” Sulli acted that she’s going to puke that made we all laughing.

“Mmm, Nichkhun-ssi. Are you a korean? I found out your surname is not usual” Actually, i don’t care about that. But he’s so quiet during our conversation. So I try to make him talk and join the convey, so Chansung won’t dominate it to much.

“I’m actually from Thailand” Finally this angelic face boy let out his voice.

“Yeah, he moved here when he’s 5th grader. We’ve been best friends since that time.” Again and again Chansung interrupted. He’s totally talkative. Nichkhun only nodded his head.

Actually I feel comfortable having a chat with them. They ask everything except my reason of move out from my old school, they don’t even ask where my old school is. I think that they’re cool people, who think about present and future and don’t care about the past. Our conversation goes on smoothly until Chansung’s phone ringing.

“Yoboseyo, baby.” Chansung pick up the phone with a husky voice.

“That’s his new girlfriend, Uee. They started a date 2 days ago.” Sulli explains to me. She had a girlfriend and a few hours ago she said that I’m goddess and maybe I’m the right one. His playboy attitude is no joke. It’s good that I don’t have any interest on him even I don’t have interest in love anymore.

“Guys, I have to go. My princess need me right now. Victoria-ssi, see you tomorrow. Bye!” He winked at me, again. But I just waved my hand while the other let out a sigh.

“How about I walk you around this school or maybe I’ll show you some extracurricular in this school.” Sulli offers me a great idea.

“Ne, I’d love to.” I agreed to it.

Sulli offers Nichkhun to join too, but he said that he have to do some practice on his basketball club, because there will be a match 2 weeks later. I think that Nichkhun don’t like my presence. He never paid attention to me. What did I do wrong with him? Or does he just acting cool? Aish, really, it’s so confusing.

I and Sulli wandering the school around and she explain everything well. I don’t have interest in any extracuricullar, I want to living peacefully in this new school. But when we reached the modern dance club, my heart beats so fast. Should I join this club like I did when I’m on my old school? But, I swear that I won’t dance anymore. Dance was my passion before, I expressed my feeling through dance. I stood there having my own thoughts for a long time until Sulli shake my body.

“Do you have interest in this club, Vic?”

“Ani.” I refused straightforwardly. “What is the club you join in? I want to join it too.”

“Really? I’m in Glee club, anyway. Let’s go there.” said Sulli.

Sulli really registered me on her Glee Club. She introduce me to her club  friends. There’s Kim So Eun, a cute calm girl whose class is next to my class. Then, there’s Lee Jieun from the same class with So Eun, she was Sulli chairmate in freshmen year, and this bubbly girl asked everybody to call her IU. Those three are best friend since last year, they joined this club together and hang out together very often. The next is Lee Hyejeong from senior year. She is IU’s older sister and the president of the Glee Club. She has a baby face, so a lot of people mistaken that she’s a sophomore. That’s the introduction from the girls side. From the boys member of drama club, there are four boys. They are Choi Minho, Jang Wooyoung, Kim Minjun and Lee Junho.

From our short introduction I discovered a lot of things. So Eun and Junho are dating since the first year because of this club, and they’re in the same class this year. Kim Minjun as known as Jun.K from Senior year, the vice president of this club frankly tell anyone that he loves Hyejeong all the time, although Hyejeong continuously rejects him from the very beginning. But he never give up and still hoping Hyejeong to loves him back. Next, there is a really handsome boy named Minho, he’s from Junior year. I wonder if Sulli likes him, because I saw the way she looked at him look like her eyes will fall off and everytime Minho talks to her, she will smilling sheepishly. What a cute girl my chairmate is! The last boy in this club is Jang Wooyoung. I barely knew that he’s in the same class with me, I really didn’t notice him before until he said that. He said that honestly he wanted to approach me in the class before, but he thought that I had a serious conversation with Sulli, Chansung and Nichkhun. When I asked to him, did he know Chansung and Nichkhun well, he suddenly changed his facial expression to the uncomfortable one. Noticing that, Minho suddenly distracted me by asking why did I choose this club to join. I wonder what happened with them and Chansung-Nichkhun.

“Victoria, enjoy your time here. This is glee club, so everything’s gonna be fun. Don’t be shy to  express your feeling by singing.” The very friendly president of Glee club talked to me while giving me a piece of paper.

“Ne, sunbae-nim.” I nodded obediently and checking that paper. Hmm, a song lyric.

“Just call me unnie, Victoria. There’s no sunbae and hoobae things here, we are all family.” She smiled beautifully, no doubt that Jun.K oppa fall in love with her. I nodded my head once again.

“So everybody already got the paper, right?” Hyejeong unnie said firmly.

“Ne.” We said in unison.

Hyejeong unnie explained that 2 days later there will be extracuricullar promotion day. The day where every extracuricullar try to persuade the freshmen students to join their club. Lately, the glee club isn’t that poupular. This year they only have 9 members including me, last year in the first semester they had about 25 members, but there was a problem that decreased the members into 15 persons.  3 persons were already graduated, the 3 others were kicked out from the club because they caused the problem. When I try to dig it up more and more, they changed the subject hurriedly and said that we have to focus for the performance two days later. I found something strange in this club, but this glee club is kinda have a friendly and fun atmosphere, I think I’ll love spending my high school time here.