Chapter 3

Are You Really The One?

Victoria’s POV

We talked a lot more than we did when we were in the class, we even joked around. Just the two of us. Thinking about that I unconsciously smilling by myself. I know that I shouldn’t do this, open my heart so easily for a boy who I barely met in the first day school. We matched really well. We both love samgyupsal and sea. That things dominating our conversation. We promised to each other for having a samgyupsal together and give comments to the taste like the culinary show on TV. He also promise to bring me to the sea, maybe we can bring Chansung and Sulli too.

Suddenly, I saw my brother’s car coming closer. So I said thank you and goodbye to him.

“Take care, Victoria. See you tomorrow.” He waved his hands to me and I return it to him. But suddenly, my brother open his car window.

“Khun-ah! Is it really you?” he put his head out of window looked so surprise.

“Ah, Taecyeon hyung?!” he surprised even more. Did they know each other before? When? How come? I confusingly look at the two. “Can anybody explain to me about this?” I asked. My brother get down from the car and directly hug Nichkhun.

“It’s been a long time, huh? Still playing basketball I see.” Taecyeon oppa looked at the basketball that Nichkhun brings. He showed off her big teeth, seems like he really happy to meet Nichkhun.

“Ne, hyung. Should we have a reunion match?” he throws the ball to Taecyeon oppa, and skillfully my beloved oppa catch it.

“Looks like you getting better, dongsaeng! I’m so proud of you.” Once again oppa showed off his big teeth.

“It’s all because of you, hyung. Anyway, is she your little Qiannie? I couldn’t recognize her before.” He looked at me and smile. I’m, the confused girl from the very beginning of this reunion scene, finally invited in on the conversation.

“Did you know me? Oppa, how come you know him?” I asked confusedly. He even know my chinese name. He should be really close to my oppa. But, how come we didn’t recognise it before? I used to know my oppa’s bestfriend. Although I separated with him when he was on senior high school.

“It’s a long story. I’ll tell you on the way home, and go get in. Khun-ah, you too get in the car. I’ll drive you home.” He commanded to us.

“Ne” we said in unison.

In the car, they talked by themselves and abandoned me. I showed my sulky face, but they still didn’t care. So, I busied my self with my iPod and turn the volume up, enjoying my own playlist. I looked up to the window and enjoying the night scenery of this city. I barely moved to this city a month ago. I used to live in Seoul with my parents. Now, I live with Taecyeon oppa, but my mom will visit me once a week. Taecyeon oppa is a  capable man, from his high school year he wanted to live by himself. So, he asked my parents to let him attended school in the other city and lived his own life. My dad was so proud of his decision, but my mom against it. After a long negotiation, my parents gave him a permission. But there were some conditions that my mom made for him, first she would visited him once in 2 weeks. Then, she gave him a house to lived in, but with a maid to took care of him. So he has been living in this town about almost 6 years. He even attending college in this city, looks like he feel comfortable living here.

Finally, the car stopped right in front of a big house. I took off my earphone and looked at Nichkhun in the middle seat. “Is this your house?”

“Ne. Why?” he throwed me a confused look.

“You said that your house was close from the school. But it took 20 minutes to get here by car. You lied to me.” I let out a sigh.

“That’s not what I mean. I just didn’t want you to feel burden. Anyway, it’s closer than to your house though.” He chuckles.

“Yeah, whatever. You right. I’ll let you pass this time.” I said without looking at him.

“You two are cute. Having a quarrel like that.” Taecyeon oppa gave a nonsense comment that I don’t even care.

“Hahaha, are we? Anyway, thank you hyung and Victoria for drove me home. See you tomorrow.” We nodded our head and he get out from the car. When he about to get in to his house Taecyeon oppa asked his number. They really lost contact I guess.

The car started to move again, heading to our house. Usually It takes 35 minutes to get there without traffic from the school. So we only have to ride it 15 minutes more.

“Did Guigui unnie is already at home? Have she prepare the ingredients?” I asked to him excitedly.

“Ani. She still in the market, we will pick her up on the way home.”

“Assa. I can’t wait to have a precious cooking time with her.” I shouted happily.

“Hmm, I should correct it to the messy cooking time, maybe. She’s great in everything but totally a mess in the kitchen.” He said playfully.

“I told her that you said a bad thing about her!” I jokingly scared him.

“Don’t you dare, little rascal. Keep it beetwen us, okay?” he looked a little uneasy.

“Depends on what your bribe is, my dearest oppa.” I showed my aegyo.

“How about Khun’s cellphone number?” he raised one of his eyebrow and smile mischievously.

“No, thank you. I can ask by myself. Think the bigger one, oppa.” I’m whinning.

“I’ll be the cupid of you and Khun. Sounds great, huh?” I looked away from him, put my earphone again. Why does he mention about that kind of thing again.

 

Taecyeon’s POV

Damn it, I shouldn’t bring that topic on her. You are really stupid, Taecyeon. I read her facial expression. She was so bright before, teased me around. I lightly put off one of her earphone.

“Mianhae, Qiannie. Your oppa such a pabo. Will you forgive me?” I asked carefully.

“Ne.” She answered simply without looking at me. I should bring her mood up.

“Anyway, why don’t you call Guigui? Have she done shopping yet? Say that we almost there.” She really likes my girlfriend, they get along well. Sometimes they have their own days out and abandon me alone at home. I guess her good mood will be back soon by mentioning Guigui.

“Why don’t you call yourself?” She flatly answered.

“Jinja, my dearest Qiannie. Mianhae. Don’t be mad at me. You made me stress, you know.” I let out a long sigh. In opposite she burst a laugh. Ah, she teased me. Really, this little rascal.

 

Victoria’s POV

Looks like oppa really regretted it. I shouldn’t anymore. I looked at him and laughed.

“Got’cha!” I stick my tounge out. “I forgive you, oppa. But don’t try to talk about that again. Deal?” I added.

“Ne, ma’am. I understand.” He nod obediently.

“Good boy good boy.” I pat his head playfully and immediately stop it when he send me his death glare.

“Oppa, I forgot something.”

“Mwo?”

“How did you know Nichkhun?” I asked curiously.

Then he told me that he knew him since he was on his freshmen year in high  school and at that time Nichkhun was still in 5th grader. Oppa was Nichkhun’s late brother bestfriend, Nichan. I know Nichan oppa. They became bestfriend since the beginning. Nichan oppa was from Thailand and couldn’t speak a fluent korean. So, oppa really helped him at that time because his english was good. But, Nichan oppa died when I was on my first year at middle school. Oppa was so depressed at that time he even back to Seoul to calmed himself for a while. But untill now, I never know the reason of Nichan oppa’s death. He never told me, and I never tried to dig it up, because it’ll make him sad again. Taecyeon oppa was Nichkhun basketball coach back then. Not the official one. But he taught Nichkhun how to played it since Nichan was a book worm person and not very good doing sports. He also told me that I’ve met him before when I was 6th grader. But I really couldn’t remember him. So, that’s why Nichkhun looks familiar to me when I met him this morning.

We ended our talk when we reached the supermarket parking area. Guigui unnie still in there, he totally lost, don’t know what to do with the grocery shopping. We decided to help her then. After we got everything we need, we go straight back home. I can’t wait to have a precious cooking time with Guigui unnie.

Oppa and unnie have been dating for 2 years and never get tired of having a lovey dovey moments. Actually, Guigui unnie is Taiwanese. She got a scholarship in this country, but she’s not so good on speaking english. Luckily,she met my Oppa who can speak Chinese very well because my Mom is Chinese too. That’s why I have my chinese name, Qian, which means red. Only my family and my closest friends calls me that, including Guigui unnie.

Guigui unnie really loves korean drama just like me. We can spend a whole day watching it. She learns korean from it, because of that she can speaks korean really good now. She lives in the apartment next to our house. Since I lived with Oppa, she sometimes stays in our house and have a sleep over on my room. I feel like having a new sibling, the adorable sister one.

We started to cook while Taecyeon oppa preparing the dinner table. Suddenly, my cellphone that I put on in my room ringing so loudly.

“Qiannie, why don’t you pick up your phone for a while? I’ll take care this thing.” Guigui unnie said and start to continuing my unfinished wrapping dumpling.

“Ne, unnie.” I nodded on go straight to my room on the second floor.

I grabbed my phone and saw an unknown number on the screen.

“Yoboseyo?” the warm male voice greets me.

“Yoboseyo, who is this?” I asked.

“Victoria-ssi, this is Nichkhun. I got your number from Taecyeon hyung.”

“N-Nichkhun-ssi?” I stuttered. I don’t know why but suddenly my heart beats faster uncontrollably.

“Ne. Did I disturb you?”

“Ani, not at all.” I smile by myself unconsciously.

I supposed to get mad at Oppa, because he gave my number to him without my permission. Did my brother really trying to be a cupid between us? I go downstairs and heading to the kitchen. I saw Taecyeon oppa give his sorry look to me. I send him an explain-to-me-right-now-i’m-totally-mad-at-you look to him.  And I saw Guigui unnie only shrugged her shoulder.

“Victoria-ssi, are you still there?” his voice get me back on the line.

“Ne, I’m here. What’s the matter until you call me, Nichkhun-ssi?”

“I want to ask permission from you, can I give this number to our friends like Sulli and Chansung? I bet Sulli really need your number since she’s your chairmate.”

 

Nichkhun’s POV

“I want to ask permission from you, can I give this number to our friends like Sulli and Chansung? I bet Sulli really need your number since she’s your chairmate.” I answered her question with this stupid one.

What the hell my reason is. I just want to ask you to go to school with me tomorrow, Victoria. Why do I didn’t say this to her? Pabo Nichkhun. I never acted like this before. I even never called a girl before, beside Sulli.

“Sure you can, Nichkhun.” She answered beautifully. “I supposed to give you all my number, but I ended up forgot it. Gomawo, Nichkhun.” She added.

“Ne, see you tomorrow Victoria. I’ll hang up.” I forcefully ended up my phone call.

“Ne. See you.” She said her last sentence.

Aigo, what is really happening to me lately?How can she changed me this much. I never cared about a girl before. I used to hang out with the guys, and never go out with girls except Sulli. Even when I joined the Glee club last year, I’m not that close with the other girls member although they were really like a family. I only feel comfortable when I’m with Sulli, because she acts like a boy and Chansung’s chilhood frienemy. Beside that I know her from the very beginning when I didn’t hate girls yet.

But, Victoria is different. I met her before when I was grader. I knew that she’s really beautiful. I met her when he visited Taecyeon hyung on the weekend at that time. I never talked to her but I always watched every move she took. And now we met again as a schoolmate, and I couldn’t recognize that Victoria is Qian. The cute girl that I fell in love for the first time. Did I fall in love again, for the second time with the same person? I hate girls, don’t I? What do I do?