Chapter 4

Are You Really The One?

Victoria’s POV

I woke up a little late this morning, although my oppa tried to woke me up hundred times by knocked my bedroom’s door it failed. I had a lot of thoughts last night. Did Nichkhun really try to approach me or he just want to be my bestfriend? I shouldn’t be this overconfident. Maybe Nichkhun only wants to be closer with me since he’s my oppa’s bestfriend. I don’t want to be involve in love relationship this time. That kind of thoughts brought me to that ‘matters’ again. The ‘matters’ which made me moved out from my old school. I should live a brand new life here. Don’t overthink about that useless matter again. Make some new friends, and living a peacefully school life. Fighting, Victoria!

As usual Taecyeon oppa drive me to school. I eat my breakfast in the car, because I have no time to eat it at home.

“Qiannie, I can’t pick you up today.” Oppa said with a really sorry tone.

“Kwenchana, oppa. But why?” I asked him while munching my sandwich.

“I have to go to countryside until midnight for preparing my college MT. But, Guigui will pick you up and accompany you at home then. Is it okay?” he looked at me with a concern look.

“Ne. I’m totally good. Another precious time to spend with unnie without you oppa. That’s gonna be great.” I wiggled my body then sticked my tongue out to him.

“Jinjja, this little rascal.” He pinched my cheek so hard.

“It hurts oppa.” I whined to him but he only shows his big teeth.

**

I’m heading to the class with a light step and happy mood.

“Second day of school, let’s make new friends, Victoria” I talked by myself.

“Victoria-ssi.” Someone that I really know wave his hand excitedly.

“Aa, Nichkhun-ssi.” I return his hand wave. I see he speed up his footstep towards me.

“I saw you talking by yourself before. Did you lost your mind?” he said with a teasing smile.

“Ani, I just courage myself. It’s my habit anyway.” He only nod and smile hearing my explanation.

“Since, we’re officially friend, how about talk informally? I think it’ll be more comfortable.” He suggests a really good idea.

“Agree. And you can call me Vic then I’ll call you Khun. How’s that?”

Nichkhun’s POV

“Agree. And you can call me Vic then I’ll call you Khun. How’s that?” she said happily while swinging her hand bag.

“Ne. Great idea, Vic.” I directly did it, talking informally and call her ‘Vic’.

“Aaa, sounds good, Khun.” She tried it too. And the way she called me, makes my heart flutters again.

We finally reached our class and I saw that Chansung and Sulli haven’t come yet. So I walk towards my chair with Victoria walks after me.

“Wooyoung-ssi” I heard she call that boy. I directly turn my head to her with a confused look. Did she already know him? Or maybe he already told Victoria about that ‘thing’.

“Hi, Victoria!” I didn’t look at him at all. But I can feel that his face really bright when he greeted Victoria. I abruptly put my bag on the table. Seems like Victoria acknowledge my bad mood state. She suddenly put her face really close from mine and make my ears turns to red. I stratled because of that, she shows her confused look with that bunny eyes which ready to popped out who looks too cute to me.

“Why?” I shout to her. I saw she change her facial expression to the shocked one. I can feel that everybody in this class staring at me now, including that boy. I feel guilty and uncomfortable. “Mianhae, Vic. I didn’t mean to.” I said sorry to her sincerely.

“Ne, no problem. I just shocked. Why with that sudden change on your face, Khun?” she fixed her seat in front of me

“Ani. Sorry, but I need to go to the rest room, Vic. Bye.” I tried to escape from her, avoiding to answer her current question.

On my way back to the class from the rest room, I meet Chansung and Sulli entering the school gate. Both of them waving their hands to me. I only give a smile to them.

“Yah, where were you from?” Chansung lightly hit my head, that’s one of his bad habit, but I get to used to that.

“Rest room.” I answer simply while rubbing my head.

“Does someone ruin your morning, sir? I see that you’re not in a good mood.” Sulli read my expression and guessed correctly. I only forced a smile. Indeed she’s my bestfriend, she can read my condition really well, and read Chansung condition better. She really knows us.

“Yah, don’t be like that buddy. Do you want my banana? I’ll give you one.” Chansung said with a silly face. I can’t hold my laugh because of that. Both of them suddenly smile happily knowing that I don’t show my sullen face anymore.

I go back to the class with them and then I see Victoria is happily talking with some of our classmates including that boy.

“Hi, guys!” Sulli greets everybody brightly and heading to the crowd, but me and Chansung directly go to our seats without looking at them.

“So, that’s why you showed me your ugly sullen face this morning, huh?” I know that what Chansung means is that boy, I only give a silent nod.

“Have he told that ‘thing’ to Victoria?” he asked lazily.

“I don’t know. Better he don’t.”

Victoria’s POV

Why did Nichkhun act that way? Did I do something wrong? I got confused by myself and he only left that way without a single explanation. Did he really need to go to the rest room? I don’t think so. I tried to chase him for asking that thing.

“Victoria.” One of my classmate who I haven’t know her name yet suddenly call me and give a hand sign to me to approach her on her seat.

“Mwo?” I obediently walk towards her.

“Are you okay?” the other girl with a petite body asked me with a concern tone.

“Ne, I’m okay. Why?”

“Ani, ani. We just want to know that you’re okay. That bastard really don’t have a good attitude towards girl.” The another girl with a boyish look seems angry.

“Bastards? Who? Nichkhun? He’s not at all. How can you say that?” I don’t know why, but suddenly I get mad when she talk a bad thing about Khun. I raised my voice because of that.

“Girls, don’t talk nonsense. How about introducing yourself to Victoria properly?” suddenly Wooyoung joined in.

All of them obediently doing Wooyoung’s suggestion. The first is the girl that called me before. Her name is Park Luna, she’s so bubbly and lively. Next, is the girl with the boyish look, she’s from China and moved out here 4 years ago. Her name is Amber Liu, I talked a little bit of Chinese with her. She looked so surprised because of that, when I said that my Mom is Chinese she looked more surprised. Then, there’s Son Ga In, the pretty petite girl, she’s so funny and loud. After we finished our introduction, I asked about the way they address Nichkhun before.

“Because he’s so rude towards girl.” Amber answered while the two girls nodded together.

“He’s not at all I think, I know that.” I tried to speak up. That doesn’t mean that I’m on his side, I did it because I knew that he’s not like that. He was so kind to me yesterday.

“Don’t talk bad things behind people’s back, girls. That’s rude too.” Wooyoung interrupted our talk.

“Yes, you’re quite right Wooyoung-ssi.” I smile to him. We didn’t suppose to do that to Nichkhun.

“Why do you on his side, Wooyoung-ah? You shouldn’t be. Don’t you remember what he did on you last year?” Gain seems a little bit angry. What she said made me really confuse. What did really happen to them? Ah, that’s why Nichkhun had a strange look to me earlier when I greeted Wooyoung cheerfully. When I wanted to ask it more, I hear Sulli greet us. Everyone greeted her back awkwardly. But the two boys that entered the class with her directly walk toward their seats without looking at us, they are Chansung and Nichkhun.

“Seems like you have a good conversation guys, may I join in?” Sulli ask sweetly that made me ignore them.

“Sure, Sulli-ya. We just introduced ourself to Victoria.” Amber answered her question without telling the whole thing. And the others just give a silent nod including Wooyoung.

“You adapt really good, Victoria.” Sulli praises me.

“Maybe we should back to our seats. Looks like the teacher is going to come in a few minutes.” Gain suggested it, and obediently we go tou our own seats.

When I heading to my seat, I saw Nichkhun and Chansung had their sullen face. The first is Nichkhun and then Chansung. Jinjja, what’s happening exactly? I let out a sigh.