Chapter 5: Surprise Family Visit

Accidental Roomies of Apartment 312
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Surprise Family Visit

 

It’s been almost a month since Seung Hyun and Dara decided to share the apartment that was loaned to them by their friends. They also sort of adjusted well with the whole living together thing. He decided to take over making breakfast and she takes care of preparing dinner. They continued with sharing house chores and taking turns in cleaning the bathroom.

 

Seung Hyun would give her a ride to work and from time to time he would even pick her up from either the bus stop or Madam Yoon’s house. He was pleasantly surprised when he found out that Dara was already working with one of his mentors. That night they decided to eat out together since Dara has no work the next day.

 

“What should we eat?” Seung Hyun asked.

 

“Takgalbi! My treat since I just got my first paycheck,” Dara exclaimed.

 

“Shouldn’t you be hanging out with the drama team then?” Seung Hyun asked.

 

“I’m not required to join them according to Madam Yoon. But Bom did tell me I should join them next time. The thing is though I don’t know anyone except for my boss, and she doesn’t attend company gatherings. Oh I only know Daesung-sambae and the current PDs for Madam Yoon’s drama but I don’t think I will fit in with the production team,” she admitted.

 

“I think you’ll do just fine and Daesung will also be there so you don’t have to worry,” he reassured her.

 

“Maybe next time but for now I want to treat you out since you made it easy for me to adjust to living here in Seoul,” she said.

 

“Shocks I’m so touched. I think I’m about to cry,” Seung Hyun joked.

 

She just stuck her tongue out at him.  “Just drive, will you,” she said.

 

“Grilled Han-u is better,” Seung Hyun said teased.

 

“Yah! I don’t earn a lot of money,” Dara protested.

 

“I’m kidding. But I really want to treat you out to eat Han-u. It’s to show my gratitude for being such a good housemate” he said.

 

The two arrived in a fancy looking grill restaurant.

 

“This place looks really expensive,” Dara said looking a little uncertain.

 

“I know the owner so I can get a discount and they sell premium Han-u here,” he assured her.

 

Seung Hyun ordered for the two of them. “We can order 2nds and 3rds if you like,” he told Dara.

 

The portions where big but they were cut into nice bite size pieces so it was a lot easy to grill. They were also given a lot of side dishes and a basket of fresh greens.

 

“Top-hyung!” A good looking guy called out then made his way to their table.

 

“Ji yong –ah!” Seung Hyun motioned the guy to come over.

 

“Hyung you finally came to visit,” the new arrival said. “I see you brought a friend with you.”

 

“This is Park Sandara my house mate,” Seung Hyun replied. “Dara this is Kwon Ji Yong the owner of this restaurant.”

 

“It’s nice to meet you,” Dara greeted him.

 

“Pleasure is mine and thank you for caring for our hyung,” Ji yong said.

 

“Don’t mention it. It’s actually quite helpful to have a man in the house,” Dara replied.

 

“Your business is doing quite well. I guess quitting show business did you wonders,” Seung Hyun said as they resumed eating dinner.

 

“You bet. I even got myself a girlfriend. Remember the friend I asked you to help,” Ji yong started.

 

Seung Hyun gave him the look and immediately Ji Yong did not continue with his initial statement.

 

“Actually she should be here in a few minutes. I never got to introduce you to each other because you already left the country back then,” he recounted.

 

“Jagiya,” a pretty bubbly girl who Dara knows too well approached their table.

 

“Bom-shi” “Dara-yah” the girls exclaimed upon seeing each other the gave each other a  hug.

 

“You know each other?” Ji yong and Seung Asked in unison.

 

“We work in the same company,” Bom said to Ji Yong. “Dara-yah is this why you didn’t join the drama team company dinner. You’re going to meet your namjachingu?”

 

“He’s my house mate. He’s not my boyfriend,” Dara corrected.

 

Bom just gave Dara a knowing look.

 

Ji yong introduced Bom and Seung Hyun to each other. They all shared a lovely dinner together.

 

“I need to powder my nose, Dara-yah care to join me?” Bom stood up and pulled her to stand up before Dara could even reply.

 

As soon as they were in the restroom, “Ok spill. I didn’t know you’re living in with someone,” Bom started asking Dara.

 

“We just ended up being housemates. It just so happens that we are staying in the same apartment. We’re really not dating,” the petite girl reasoned.

 

“He’s really hot. Has he not made any moves on you? Is he gay?” Bom further interrogated.

 

“He’s not like that. He’s a complete gentleman. We’re just housemates. We’re both adults and not a pair of hormonal teenagers,” Dara retorted.

 

“Ok don’t get all upset. It’s just that your situation is really weird. But if you ask me I think you two should date. You know cross over the borderlines a little,” Bom said playfully.

 

“Our arrangement is just fine the way it is. We help each other out but we also mind our own business,” Dara explained.

 

“If you say so, I still think you two should date. It will be so much fun if we can go on double dates together.”

 

“You never told me you’re dating a restaurant owner,” Dara said.

 

“He’s not just a restaurant owner he’s a former child star too,” Bom corrected.

 

The two went back to their table and the night ended with a few drinks. Ji Yong generously told his guests that their dinner is on the house and that they should frequent his restaurant in the future instead.

 

Dara and Seung Hyun left the restaurant to go for a walk and to grab coffee to sober up a bit.

 

“Jagiya how are you in that Choi Seung Hyun related?” Bom asked Jiyong when their guests left.

 

“Remember the friend that helped me get you the interview in the SBC station so you can get a job a few years ago?”

 

“Wait you mean. He’s the Choi Seung Hyun the only son of the SBC TV network owner? Daebak! I thought he left the country?”

 

“He did but he recently came back. But he’s keeping a low profile. So can you promise me to keep this a secret,” Ji Yong asked.

 

“Of course I will! But did he also get Dara the job as an assistant writer?”

 

“I don’t think your friend has any clue about the true identity of her house mate. And from how hyung was acting a while ago I don’t think he wants her to know about his true identity just yet.”

 

“Cool! Like Bruce Wayne not wanting the lead girl to know that he’s batman,” Bom exclaimed.

 

“You’re such a dork that’s why I love you,” Ji Yong said then kissed Bom on the lips.

 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

After the two had coffee Dara and Seung Hyun headed home. When they got there they shared a few cans of beer then went off to bed. Well one of them went to bed and the other crashed on the couch.

 

The next morning Dara was sound as sleep buried under blankets and Seung Hyun was also still in dreamland when the doorbell unceremoniously kept ringing.

 

 Dara refused to be disturbed by all that racket and stayed in her warm mound of blankets but Seung Hyun who is irritated by the lightest noise eventually gave in and stood up. He grabbed a white shirt and put it on. He looked at his watch and it showed 7AM. Who the hell visits at 7AM on a weekend??? He looked at the security monitor and saw two high school age looking boys waiting outside. He doesn’t recognize any of them but decided to open the door and check who they are and he will give them an earful if they happen to be disturbing the wrong apartment

 

“Joh-eun achim noo… eh!” The two boys greeted as soon as he opened the door but stopped half way.

 

“Yah Jin young-ah are you sure this is the right address?” the older looking boy asked his companion.

 

“It’s the address that noona left behind,” the younger one retorted then looked suspiciously at Seung Hyun.

 

Like a bucket of ice water dumped on him Seung Hyun realized who the two boys were.

 

“Who is it? Who’s making a racket so early in the morning,” Dara said as she came up from behind Seung Hyun still rubbing sleep off her eyes.

 

“Noona!” the two boys yelled in unison.

 

Dara’s eyes suddenly opened. It can’t be she must be dreaming.

 

“Who’s this guy? Why do you have a guy in your apartment?” the two young men were throwing questions.

 

“Shikoro! Don’t make a scene. The two of you get inside first!” Dara scolded. She then stormed back inside. The two boys did as what their sister said but they were both side eyeing Seung Hyun as they passed him. Seung Hyun was nothing but amused by the whole situation.

 

Dara went to the bathroom to freshen up first. She wasn’t expecting to see her two dongseng but they are waiting for her in the living room. She started brushing her teeth. She told herself she wasn’t stalling she was just being hygienic. 

 

Seung Hyun did what any house guest would do. He brought out two yogurt drinks and handed it out to the two guests as if they were little children. He sat across from them while they sit on the couch that still has a pile of blankets on i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter