Chapter 2: The First Night

Accidental Roomies of Apartment 312
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2: The first night

Dara was having a hard time. Sure her family was mostly men since she was an only daughter and she only has her dad and her two brothers and her grandma. Her mom died at a young age so it could not be helped that she grew up taking care of the three boys she loves so much. And her Nana who’s frail but is very loving and was enough female presence in her life.

It was strange the bed she was on was seemingly too luxurious for her. She was so used to sleeping on the floor with just her Nana in their make shift room while her brothers and her dad slept on the other side of the wall. She grew up with simple things. Her being able to save money to buy her own computer took a lot of effort. She took 3 to 4 part time jobs in a week to earn the money for it.   

They were not really poor back then they used to have their own little grocery store but her mother needed a lot of money for her treatment. It was unfortunate that after they lost their mother they also had to give up the house and their small family business.

She kept tossing and turning on the bed and finally she realized maybe she wasn’t used to this kind of luxury. She got the comforter and spread it on the floor then she tried her luck with sleeping on the floor. And after a few minutes she was already in deep sleep.

On the other side of the room Tabi laid on the sofa tossing and turning. He thought that maybe offering to sleep on a couch wasn’t a good idea. He eventually sat up from all the frustration. All the moving around made him thirsty so he went to the kitchen to get a glass of water. After drinking his fill he made his way back to the couch but noticed that the bed was empty.  But he was certain his house mate did not leave the apartment. He went inside the bed room and noticed on the floor at the other side of the bed wrapped in her comforter was his sleeping house mate.

There he was having a hard time trying to sleep on the couch and the person he sacrificed the bed for was sleeping soundly on the floor. He could only shake his head. He noticed that her head was angled the wrong way and that she will surely wake up with a stiff neck if she stayed that way.

Seung Hyun contemplated for a bit then did something he had never done before for anyone he carried her and carefully placed her on the bed still all wrapped up in her comforter.  

He watched her for a bit envious of the fact that she’s sound asleep. He made his way to the other side of the bed and turned his back on her. He told himself he will just get a few hours of sleep then wake up early and move back to the couch. Well that was the plan.

Dara felt very refreshed. She must have slept for hours. She was still wrapped in her comforter and the bed is definitely soft and comfy. She immediately sat up upon realizing where she was sleeping. She saw her reflection on the vanity in front of the bed. Her hair was all disheveled and she was still cocooned inside her comforter. But she remembered sleeping on the floor so she was puzzled how she got on the bed when she suddenly felt someone moving from her side. She looked at her right side and there sleeping soundly is her house mate.

Dara screamed at top of her lungs. And this caused the other occupant of the bed to immediately sit up.

“Wae? What’s wrong,” Seung Hyun asked while rubbing the sleep off his eyes. “Why are you yelling so early in the morning?”

“Why am I on the bed with you,” she asked incredulously albeit still completely wrapped in her comforter cocoon.

“Chill, I didn’t do anything to you. I just saw you sleeping on the floor last night so I picked you up and put you on the bed,” he reasoned.

“But why the hell were you sleeping next to me,” she retorted while clutching the comforter around her.

“I couldn’t sleep on the couch so I decided to take a little shut eye on the bed I was planning to wake up earlier than you but you’re a morning person I guess,” Tabi said as he rubbed his nape.  “Trust me you’re not my type I like busty girls like Beyonce,” he added before standing up and he made his way towards the bathroom.

“Mworago,” she hissed as she took off her comforter cocoon and put her hands on her waist and tried sticking her chest out to make them seem bigger.

Seung Hyun made a side glance at her and smirked.

Dara was fuming with annoyance. It’s her first day to go to work. She can’t possibly start her day on a bad note. She decided to make some breakfast. CL told her that the contents of the fridge can be consumed. She cooked some eggs and some sausages. She also made some bean sprout soup, cooked rice and managed to get the coffee maker working. She made a mental note to go look for the public market so she can get healthier food. 

Seung Hyun got out of the bathroom feeling all refreshed. He saw his house mate making breakfast.  It was a far better arrangement than he expected. The girl cooks and can probably do house chores too.  The table was already set they were just waiting for the rice to cook. Dara made her way to the bathroom since it’s her turn to use it. After a few seconds she immediately got out and stared angrily at her house mate.

“What did I do,” Seung Hyun asked innocently while he was lounging on the couch.

“Don’t you ever forget the ‘put down the seat cover rule’ or else,” she threatened before stumping her way back inside the bathroom.

“Arasso,” he replied. He went and took the o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter