Chapter 1: New Beginnings

Accidental Roomies of Apartment 312
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1: New Beginnings

Sandara’s excited to move in to her new apartment. She finally got accepted as an assistant writer for a prominent broadcasting company who’s known for their memorable Korean Dramas.  Even as a young child in Busan it was her lifelong dream to be a writer and it’s finally coming true.  So as soon as she got her acceptance letter she called her friend Chaerin to help her look for a cheap apartment in Seoul. Luckily for her the said best friend is moving to Japan for a year and was willing to lend her a place to stay and the best part is it’s for free.

Everything would have been perfect except for a mix up on the apartment she will be staying in, that will forever change her life.

On the day she was finally moving in to her new apartment. She took an early flight from Busan to Gimpo and took a cab going to Mapu-go where the officetel she will be staying in is located. With her luggage and laptop bag on hand she went inside the Officetel complex. It has two buildings.  Both with 20 floors each and equipped with indoor pool and a gym. What more can a country girl from Busan ask for? Ah well there is one… privacy. When she walked in the building she noticed that she wasn’t the only new arrival in the place a good looking guy was standing on her right dragging his own luggage. She noticed that despite the grim look on his face he was very good look. It was like looking at a Greek God, well one with a bad mood. Oh she’s one lucky girl all right. She tried to look at him more. Of from the side he resembles Kang Dong Won her all-time favorite actor. She must be favored by the gods today. She has all the time in the world to look for her neighbor later but right now she has to find her apartment. The Note Chaerin sent her said 312 Building A which was also marked on the electronic key along with her friend’s letter. She made her way to the left wing to ride the elevator going to her floor. The guy followed behind her. He was definitely tall and well-built but not too buff.  Oh just her ideal body type. She can’t be thinking about these kinds of things right now. She had just broken up with her boyfriend after all. But the guy is still such a hottie even for her nerdy standards. Yes, she’s more into intellectual types like her ex-boyfriend who’s an assistant persecutor. She doesn’t want to admit it but she still hasn’t gotten over their break up. But it was her idea for them to go their separate ways so she has no one to blame but herself. And now barely a week from her break up she’s already crushing on her neighbor. She scolded herself for being such a loose woman or maybe that’s just an exaggeration.

They both pressed the 3rd floor at the same time.  She smiled at the momentary skinship but profusely looked away.  She tried looking via her peripheral vision and the guy had that little smirk on his face. He must have been slightly amused.  They got out the floor together with him letting her out first. She walked towards the hallway looking for the correct door number.  She noticed that Mr. hottie was just walking behind her. It would be epic if they’re next door neighbors.  Then she finally got to her front door. So there it is Building A’s apartment 312 her new home sweet home.  She was fishing for the electronic key in her bag when Mr. hottie stood next to her and was keying the code for the same apartment.

“Hey! Wait a minute. This is apartment 312 my friend’s house. Why are you trying to break in the house I’m staying in,” she questioned.

“What are you talking about I’m not breaking in. I know the security code because my friend gave me permission to use his house while he’s away. Maybe you’re the one who’s mistaken,” the good looking guy said with his deep and manly voice. Dara wanted to scold herself for admiring the guy who’s trying to steal away the future roof on her head.

“See the door opened,” the guy said and went inside and closed the door behind him.

“Yah!” Dara could not contain her anger. She didn’t care if the guy was the best looking man she has ever seen she will not be sleeping on the streets tonight. She finally got the electronic key and used it. The door opened and she went in dragging her own luggage.

“How did you get in,” the guy asked. He was all too surprised that she already inside.

“Like I said, my friend lent me the place. I have the key, right here. That’s why I got in. This is where I will be staying so I suggest that you leave,” she commanded as she went pass the guy and went to the living area.

The place is a studio type unit fully furnished with everything she will need to survive in the big city. If only she can get rid of this handsome guy who wants to steal the apartment away from her. She had to prove her claim to the apartment and the best way to do so is to call the owner. She got her phone out and dialed Chaerin’s number.  She noticed that the other occupant of the room was also on his phone. She felt sorry for the guy he would probably get embarrassed for trying to still away her new home. She thought to herself that she should offer him tea before he asks him to leave. After a number of attempts her friend finally answered.

“Hello,” Chaerin answered from the end.

“Chaerin-ah, there must be some mix up. I’m at the apartment right now. But someone is claiming he was also promised this place to. He’s mistaken right,” Dara asked.

“Ah unni ottoke. The thing is I did promise you the place, right? I even sent you the key. But do you remember my boyfriend, well he’s my fiancé now and he sort of did this epic mistake. He offered our place to his friend too.

Dara looked at the guy standing on the other side of the room. He was on the phone talking to someone clearly reflecting the same frustrations she was feeling at the moment.

“Unni are you still there,” she heard her friend on the other line.

“Oh Chaerin-ah I’m still here,” she replied. “I’m sorry for bothering you. I guess we’ll just have to figure something out.”

“Arraseyo unni. Just tell me whatever you guys decide to do although you two can share the space I mean there is a divider in between the bedroom and the living area. Just think about it unni. There is also the advantage of sharing the utility bills,” Chaerin suggested.

“Ok I will think about it. I will call you later,” Dara said before she hangs up. She observed the guy pacing in the living room talking on the phone. He doesn’t look like a ert nor does he look like someone who would take anything from her. And it’s not like she has anything worth stealing anyway, except maybe for her computer and it’s old. Chae was right. If he let the guy stay in the house with her they can split the utility bill plus she gets free security since she doesn’t have to live in the house by herself.

“You can’t expect me to live in the same house with a complete stranger and besides she’s a girl. Even if I do agree what makes you think that she will,” the other occupant of the room said as he eyed her expectantly. He started walking towards her.

Dara was standing by the shelf which serves as a partition of the bedroom and the living

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter