Jang Yumi

When You Start Wishing

“Onew?!” I looked around noticing that I was in a ridiculously small room with five beds pushed up together. He laughed, genuinely.

“Taemin found you at Studio 3, asleep, 4 in the morning. I guess he didn’t know what to do so he brought you back here to our dorm.” Onew reminded me of Jjong, my golden retriever that I sadly had to leave back in the states. Unlike Key, Minho and Jonghyun, Onew was always friendly and caring towards me just like Jjong. I liked him. Over the past three weeks i've known him he would always help me with my dances or songs.

I tilted my head to the side, still confused. Onew ignored my expression and his face got serious.
“Taemin only invites the closest and most important people in his life, to our dorm…  Are you his girlfriend?” My mouth opened a little.

“Oh,  guess not. Im just saying Taemin has a lot of friends, but he was always a distant person, hard to reach, but if that’s the case then I guess its fine.” He said with a smile, his eyes sparkling.

 There was only one person he ever let to come to our dorm.“ Onew paused. “Its actually pretty funny how he would always through a fit if any SNSD noona would come over, but I guess it was fine for that … one person.” Onew frowned and  his eyes grew distant.

 “Who  was it?” I asked. Onew broke from his trance. He laughed and turned to me.

“Oh, I don’t think you know her. Do you want some break-“

 He paused and stared intensly behind me.

I turned around to see what he was looking at.

“The ahjussi at the front let me in. I think he remembers me.”

There stood a girl about my age with a soft yet arrogant smile. She had short hair barely touching her shoulders and I noticed right away the leather bracelet around her wrist. It was suede and had SLL engraved in a bold black.

 “Oppa im back.” She alcclaimed with a smile. “Has it been too long? Did you wait too long? Its okay though because im back for good... but Oppa where’s Taemin oppa?”

 Onew just stood there staring at the girl, trying to find out if she was merely a vision, able to fade away any second or if she was really, actually there.

“Oppa? Silly, are you there?” She laughed carelessly and coldly, wiggling her fingers in front of his eyes. Then Onew snapped out of it and his eyes turned into ice.

“Why are you here?”

“Oppa didn’t you miss me? Pssh im a little sad, I thought you would be happy. Arent you happy though?” She said confidently, teasing him a little.

Onew continued to stare at her, his face filled with rage and confusion.

“Oppa just tell me were Taemin Oppa is? He’s not home right now is he? Dam I really wanted to see him today.”She pouted cutely and jokingly.

“What you just said... Do you even have the right to say that?” Onew spat those words out with bitter calmness.

“Ofcourse I do. Im his girlfriend!” Taemin has a girlfriend? Hm, but why her...? she seems so mean and .. heartless.

“JANG YUMI! Its been four years! Four years since you left us and now you just come back suddenly like this? Like nothings wrong? Like everythings fine? Do you want me to act like that too?  Like what you did four years back didn’t hurt us at all? Have you even thought about Taemin. Huh? When you left us did you ever think about him at all?”

She flinched for the first time when he said that. Who is she? Ive never seen Onew explode like this. He was always the confident, kind leader I knew, that took care of me. I frowned, I didn’t like to see Onew this upset.

“Oppa why are you being like this. Isnt it alrite now that I came back?” Her voice shoke.

I sat there on this yummiliciously smelling bed, awkwardly listening to their conversation, unsure of what to do.

“Leave, and don’t come back. Us five… we’ve been doing fine on our own since you left, don’t break us now that we’ve came this far.”

“Oppa, you didn’t even listen to to me. Im back for good. Im not leaving anymore.”  

“How you left… how you just walked off on us, at the hardest time too. With him.”A tear ran down his face. His fae cringed as if he was having a nightmare.

Onew was crying. I felt mad and irrated. Who the hell was this girl that made him cry. I didn’t want her here right now after she made Onew cry. She should just come back later when he calmed down.

I stood up and walked to where she was standing.

“Excuse me?” She looked at me noticing me for the first time, a little shock and anger evident in her face.

“Who are you?!” Her eyes turned into laser beams and her voice was full of poison.

“Im-“ Onew shoved me softly to the side blocking me completely from her.

“Jang Yumi go.” He said soflty, his eyes still moist.

With a look of defeat and hate she gave both of us one more of her deadly stares and walked out of the door.