EPILOGUE

angel into my world

 

Epilogue

 

            After everything, we ended up on the place both of us wants to go to together. In this occasion, it’s not about being beautiful or being handsome. It’s not about the gown or the tuxedo or the decors and the red carpet; or the flowers and the bride’s maid and groom’s men. It’s about the ring and the promise with it.

            “Please take care of our only darling,” my father said as he handed my hand to him. “I will always do,” he replied as he looked at me.

            It’s not about how many guests are there. It’s not about how expensive the orchestra or the choir. It’s not about how beautiful the church is. It’s about the vow that we will take in front of God and all the people present here.

“Do you take Do Kyung Soo as your lawful wedded husband, promising to be together in good times and in bad times; in sickness and in health; for richer or poorer till death do you part?”

I smiled, “I do.”

“Do you take Man Sung Hyo as your lawful wedded wife, promising to be together in good times and in bad times; in sickness and in health; for richer or poorer till death do you part?”

He reached for my hand, smiling and said “I do.”

            We didn’t buy any ring for the exchange. We used the rings my angel left on the day we parted ways which finally served its purpose

“By the power bestowed upon me, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride.”

He slowly lifted the veil, his eyes finally locking on mine. Just before he kissed me, he whispered the words that I want to hear. “I love you.”

His lips touched mine for a brief moment sending butterflies in my stomach just like when we first went out on a date.

“I love you too,” I whispered back after we parted.

           

            Love is not all about happiness. It’s about taking risks and falling down, but somehow managing to stand up without letting go of each other’s hand. Love is about understanding and trusting each other. It is seeing a perfect person in an imperfect one.