PART V A

angel into my world

 

PART V

A (HIS P.O.V)

“Why don’t you give him the chance?” I asked as she started to play on her bracelet.

“I don’t know,” she mumbled.

“I am not being biased here or anything, but I think he deserves the chance to explain his side.”

“But then, he will repeat the same line, and I am tired of it,” she immediately replied.

“Are you tired of him?”

She was silent.

“You endured 4 years and 10 months with him, why give up now?”

“I’m tired of hearing the same phrase over and over again.”

“Do you love him?” I asked.

She looked away, “I didn’t know that it would hurt this much to admit that I really do,” she whispered.

“Do you trust him?” I asked again.

“As much as I love him.”

“Then why give up?”

There was silence.

“It’s not yet too late to fix things up. Both of you have suffered enough to realize your mistakes. If you really love him, swallow up your pride and apologize. If he didn’t accept it at least you did your part. But I doubt if he can refuse you,” I smiled. “I heard your heartfelt wish so I am telling you these things. I can’t do miracles, I can only help. It’s up to the two of you to work it out,” I added.

            The next thing I knew both of us are laughing. “It’s late already. Let’s go inside and dress up your wound with a new bandage,” she said smiling. “We can do it here at the living room. You can get the kit while I tend these things in the kitchen,” I volunteered. “Okay,” and she goes up while I went to the kitchen to put up the things that we used on our mini get away earlier. When I came back, she is already rolling up some new bandage.

            I removed my shirt and turned my back on her. She gently removed the old bandage and gasped. “What?” I asked. “Your wound had completely healed,” she said tracing the part which was once injured. I felt the tip of her finger running over my shoulder blade. I pulled down my shirt and turned to look at her busy putting away the bandages and materials back on the kit.

            “I guess you have finished what you must accomplish. So, you will have your wings and fly back up in there,” she gave a sad smile. “I guess so,” I replied.

“Can I have one more favor?”

“Sure.”

“Tomorrow’s my grandmother’s death anniversary. It has been customary for me to watch the sunrise. It’s my own way of commemorating her.”

“No problem.”

“So, goodnight,” she said and went up to her room.

            That night, I didn’t sleep. I visited her boyfriend instead. I found him on his apartment arranging his stuffs on his study table. After doing so, he stared at the lone photo frame on his table. It’s a picture of the two of them probably on one of their countless dates. There’s a small box beside it which he reached into and opened up. Then I heard him sob. I can only hope that whatever that may happen tomorrow will help them fix things between them.

            By around 5:45 am, I woke her up. “Hey, wake up. Let’s watch the sunrise,” I gently shook her. “Five more minutes,” she yawned. “And you will not see the sunrise,” I joked. She pouted and got up. She is just in her PJ’s when we left.

            We took a short walk   going on the small lake where the view of sunrise will be magnificent. She let out a sigh and closed her eyes. I did the same, the same moment I felt my wings slowly unfurl as the soft light of the morning sun touched us. When I opened my eyes, I am already way up high, looking down at her lone figure beside the lake, still savoring the soft rays with her eyes closed.