PART V B

angel into my world

 

B (HER P.O.V)

            When I opened my eyes, he is already gone. I am all alone by the lake. I guess that’s just how it is. At least he had helped me see things. Now, all I need is to fix things between me and him. When I looked down, I saw a pair of feathers beside me. When I bent to pick it up, it glowed and transformed into two silver rings embedded with three small diamonds at the center. I smiled as I understood why it came in pair.

            I walked back home feeling happy. I dressed up and went early to the church to pray and thank God for sending me one of his angels. After praying, I made my way to one of the nearby coffee shop. And just like everything, another hand reached up to open the door as I did. I looked up to see him. Gratitude and love with every bit of emotions flooded inside my heart making me smile. He gave a warm smile which I have been dying to see these past few days. “Want to have some coffee with me?” he asked, laying out his hand for me. “Sure,” I replied giving him my hand.

            And just like that, we did the usual thing we do every morning together. He knows what I want so I looked up at our usual place, the table near the glass pane overlooking the small lake. “Same as usual,” he said handing me my warm cup of coffee. We shared an awkward silence as I looked outside to watch the glistening lake water. “The pastries will arrive shortly,” he said breaking the silence.

            “I’m sorry,” I replied instead, looking back at him. I should have let you explain your side. I let my pride rule over me. I didn’t even thought of how long we have been together. I got selfish. I’m so sorry,” I finished in a whisper. He reached up to hold my hand, “I know, and I am sorry too. I never realized that sooner or later, you will get tired of the same excuse. I should have told you earlier.”

            Just in time, the waiter arrived holding a tray. “For Miss Man Sung Hyo,” he said putting down the tray. There were no pastries, bread, cakes or anything, just a small velvet box. Tears of joy started to fall from my eyes when I finally understood what’s happening. “This is what I got busy for, these past 10 months. I hope I am not too late for this,” he reached for the box, walked up beside me and bended on one knee.

“My lovely muffin, will you marry me?”

“Of course I will my lovable donut!”