PART III

angel into my world

 

Part III: HIS P.O.V

I woke up feeling a bit light headed. Her sleeping figure on the side table was the first thing I saw. She looks messy from the way her loose bun hangs on her head. She hasn’t even changed her clothes. I got up and moved to lift her, laying her on the bed. From the way she sleeps, she must have been really got exhausted. After tucking her under the sheets, a faint smile escaped her lips. I brushed off some hair on her face. I wonder why I ended up on her. Just what is her situation that I need to help her fix it?

It’s already around 4 am. I drew up the curtain to watch the sky. The cold wind blew so I closed it again. I occupied the seat beside the bed and played with the lampshade. One tap and the light turns off, one more and it turns on. Getting amused in doing it that sooner, I felt the light seeping through the curtains. It’s already 6 am on her clock. I find it weird how did that tapping kept me amused for two hours.

When I looked at her, she’s already awake, smiling at up at me. I smiled back. Suddenly, her expression changed into shock. She immediately got up clutching the covers to herself. “What did you do to me? How did I end up in here? You took advantage of me? You….” And her rambling went on.

I watched her, smiling, “Are you done?” I asked. Still hesitant, she gave a subtle nod.

“First thing, I didn’t touch you the way you think a man will do to a woman. If you have noticed, you are still wearing the clothes you are wearing yesterday. Secondly, you end up in there because I woke up finding you sleeping here,” I tapped the side table, “Lastly, I didn’t take advantage of your kindness. Will that be enough?”

She checked herself and smiled sheepishly, which looks adorable. “I’m sorry. I’m just paranoid over things these days.”

“It’s okay. By the way, I haven’t introduced myself to my lovely savior. I am Kim Jong Dae.”

“Jong Dae? I am Man Sung Hyo.” She shifted, “How did you end up on that alleyway by the way?”

“I got punished.”

“By who?”

“It’s not to offend you or anything but I guess this is not yet the time to tell you about it.”

“Why?”

“Because fallen angels don’t just tell what they should accomplish, we must find or discover it ourselves.”

“Did I hear it right? An angel?”

I smiled, “Yes, I am an angel.”

She stared at me, later on she is laughing at me till tears sprang from her eyes. When she noticed that I am serious, she stops. “Seriously, who are you?”

I smiled, “For the second time around, I am a fallen angel.”

She rubbed her temples, “What prank are you pulling up?”

“You want some proofs?” I counter back. She nodded.

I tapped the lampshade and the light went off. I snapped my finger and the curtain were drawn sending in the fierce rays of the sun. I snapped my finger again and the wet towel on the side table got dried and was folded neatly. One more and the bed was made, she on top of it. I was about to snap again when she stopped me. “Ok, ok! I believe you now. Don’t do it again. It give me creeps,” letting out a nervous laugh.

Her stomach grumbled. “I think we should have some breakfast, how’s that?” she offered.

“My pleasure to have it with you,” I replied.

In less than 15 minutes we are already busy in the kitchen making some pancakes. “So why are crying the night you helped me?” I asked her while taking my seat. She handed me my plate of hot pancakes and my glass of juice before getting hers together with the honey syrup. After taking the opposite seat in front of me, she sighed, “I had a misunderstanding with my boyfriend.”

“You broke up?”

“No, we didn’t. I asked for some time and space and then we cooled off.”

“Are you tired of him? Not to intrude or anything but how did things end up this way?” I pried taking a bite on my breakfast.

“Maybe it may lighten up the burden.” She sighed again before starting.

“I met him way back when we were still colleges. He was my classmate on one of my major subjects and like how the world wants us to end up together, he became my partner for our paperwork. We had been together for the whole semester. We got close, exchanged numbers and spent time together outside the school till we became seniors. On our first semester in our senior years, things got more intimate till he confessed. I admit I am already into him even before so I said yes. We survived together, got on the same company after we graduated and lasted for four more years. As our fifth years started, things got quite off hand.” Tears trickled down her face as she plays on her food. She wiped it before continuing.

“He seldom asks me on dates not like before, often arrives late on those rare dates. He often fails to call or text me during our monthsary. Those usual things couples do. For the first two to three months I didn’t complained since I often get busy too. On the fourth month, I asked him and he said it’s a surprise. Up to the tenth month I would get the same reply, ‘It’s a surprise.’ I got tired of it. It’s not that I don’t trust him or that but I think I have reached my limits,” she bowed her head and began to sob.

I let her just cry. “I’m sorry! I am such a crybaby,” she apologized after awhile. “It’s okay. It’s quite nice to let it go sometimes, to ease the burden. Let’s go out and have some fun! How’s that sounds to you?” I offered. She gave a brilliant smile, “That one sounds good!”