PART II

angel into my world

 

PART II. HER P.O.V

The next morning, checking my unexpected guest was the first thing I did. I sighed in relief to see him still sound asleep. I guess I’ll just ask his name when he wakes up. I went down to make some breakfast. I guess I need to do some groceries since there were barely enough ingredients to make some pancakes. I ate my breakfast in silence. Tears started to fall again as I recall what happened yesterday.

*RING* *RING*

I expectantly picked up the phone, “Hello?”

“My dear, it’s your Mom!”

I let out a sigh of disappointment, “Yeah, what’s up Mom?”

“Your Dad and I decided to take the trip you have been suggesting us to take,” she beamed over the phone.

“Oh really? That’s good.”

“Baby, are you okay? You sound like you cried.”

“I’m fine. I just woke up you know.”

“Are you sure? Well, I’ll send in your two months allowance since I can sense that you are running short again.” This is the reason why I love my Mom.

“You’re the best Mom! Bring home some presents for me,” I smiled.

“That’s for sure! Please do take care of yourself ok? I’ll send a message if I am done depositing it on your account.”

“I’ll wait for it.”

“Goodbye! Call us when you need something okay?”

“Yeah, have a safe trip too.’

When I placed down the phone, I found myself smiling again. It’s the third time since I found that guy. After about 45 minutes, I received their message. I took a quick shower, dressed up and grabbed my purse. I checked on him to see if he is awake but he is still peaceful on his sleep. He hasn’t shifted in any position. That might be his way to heal himself or he is too tired from last night.

I walked in to the grocery store since it’s just a walking distance. There were few people already on the store. I grabbed a shopping cart and took me almost an hour to gather up all the things I need. I heaved a sigh when I realized that I have to carry everything alone. I pushed my cart to the counter when mine bumped into someone’s cart. As cliché at it seems, I met the person I had been planning to avoid. I met him.

None of us moved his eyes locked on mine. I felt my heart skip a beat, tears threatening to fall. It was until I realized that he had already pulled his cart and took the opposite direction leaving me in a daze.

Somehow I managed to survive the little incident and arrived at home still in one piece. I arranged the dry goods on the cupboards and stuffed my fridge. It’s already lunchtime when I went up to check on him. Just as he was when I left him, still sound asleep.

 

The next day, I woke up earlier for work. After my daily routines, I checked up on him and by all wonders, he is still sleeping. I drew near to check if he is still breathing. Good thing he is still doing so. I left a note by the side table and locked the front door when I left.

It’s a good thing that no one in my workplace, let me rephrase that, in our work place knew about our little LQ. He works here but he takes another part time in a nearby café in which he says that it’s for the both of us. He keeps on earning like I don’t have money or any job at all. Well, let’s forget about that.

“Hey there, SungHyo! I got your load here! The boss says he wants it done before lunch,” Min Ah, a co worker of mine greeted me.

“Is it murderously heavy or heavenly light?” I smiled.

“Something in between. I’ll drop it there, go check you locker.”

“Is it payday today?”

“Yup, and there’s probably a little raise. Let’s have lunch together?”

“I’ll pass for now. I still have to edit something I left last week.”

“Well, that’s the real burden.”

I grinned at her dropping my stuffs on my cubicle before checking on my locker for my salary. The good thing about the lockers is that you keep your own key. Clumsy by nature, o dropped my key. As I bent to pick it up, a hand got it first. Of all the people in the world, it really has to be him. He was hesitant at first to give it to me as if he wants to tell something but he handed it back anyways. I mumbled a small thank you before checking out mine. I left him there proceeding on my cubicle. Since my load is there I busied myself to ignore the tears threatening to fall.

For the whole week I kept myself busy over work. I would tend to my load diligently, which I seldom do before, have my lunch alone, help my co-workers on their load and most especially do all my best to avoid him.

Later, when I get home, I would make some dinner and check on my guest who is still sleeping. The only time he is awake was when I would dress his wound with a new bandage and when I serve him dinner. After that, he would return to his sleep.

By Friday, I got totally exhausted. I did an overtime to finish such heavy load. It was around 10 pm when I got home. I didn’t bother for dinner; I went up already to check on him so I can dress his wound again. It’s a good thing that his back is on me, but then I still have to lift his shirt. To my surprise, I finished without waking him up. Tucking him was the last thing I can remember since I immediately fell into a deep slumber on the side table.