Chapter 4

Troublemaker.

It was finally lunch time and fortunately we hadn’t had any other classes together with the seniors since music, which means that I hadn’t seen Himchan since then. I really needed some time away from him, I’m not the kind of person who likes to cling to someone all the time. As unbelievable as it may sounds, I really enjoyed the boring lessons because I could have some alone-time. Well, not exactly. I mean there were other students, but it’s not like they would frequently talk to me during the lessons. The only exception was Jongup. He kept on rambling about why I didn’t like Himchan when he’s oh so likeable and totally my type and blahblahblah. Sometimes I wished he wouldn’t be so oblivious to everything and get that I just didn’t want to talk about it.

 

As I, already annoyed because of Jongup’s constant asking, made my way to the cafeteria with him, I wasn’t surprised to hear almost every student we passed talk about Himchan. He truly is the school’s new sweetheart now. Hearing all the other people talk about him made me even more annoyed than I was before.

 

We arrived at the cafeteria and made our way to our usual spot, the middle table, where Daehyun and Youngjae were already waiting for us. Jongup sat across from Youngjae and I sat across from Daehyun.

 

“I really want to know now. Why don’t you like Himchan Hyung?”

 

Pleeeeease, not again.

 

“I told you already, I just don’t like him ok? Please let it be Jongup”

“Hey what’s with the honorifics?”

“Well, if he doesn’t use them you must have really pissed him of. That’s with the honorifics”, Daehyun stated matter-of-factly and shrugged, “Anyhow, if you want to talk about it sometime, you know where to find us Zelo-ah”

“Thanks Hyung, but I guess I won’t need anyone to talk”, I replied bitterly.

“Well, it’s up to you”, he said as he flashed me his infamous smile.

 

“Kyaaaaa~!”

“He’s just too handsome!”

“Oppa is here, Oppa is here!”

 

“Yah! Calm ya ladies! What’s up with tha ruckus anyhow, huh?”, Youngjae shouted in a not so very well-trained slang.

 

What’s up with him would be the better question.

 

“I can exactly tell you what’s up, just wait a minute and you’ll see”, I said out loud.

 

“Jae baby, please stop the nonsense and talk properly. If not I’ll never let you watch the ‘Fresh Prince of Bel Air’ ever again, ok?”

“Noooo, pleeease, you can’t take my Will away from me, I need my daily dose of this series! It’s like the best one ever, even better than all the Korean dramas, it’s just too good, pleeease! I’ll be a good boy and all normal and talk properly, but please let me watch it!”

“Puh-lease. You were never even near to normal to begin with”, I stated nonchalantly.

“Can’t argue with that, I’m just too unique for being normal”, Youngjae shot back, every word dripping with his sassiness as he pretended to throw his hair over his shoulder, which didn’t quite have the desired effect because his hair was short.

“Yes, you’re very unique indeed and we all should thank god for it”

 “Oh, don’t act as you don’t love me and my personality”

“You’re right, I really love you, Yoo Youngjae, would you please marry me?”, I sarcastically asked as I stood up and kneeled down in front of him. However he was right, I really loved his personality and he was one of my closest friends, but he was so much fun to tease too.

“Yah! Don’t take me for an idiot!”, he growled and whacked my head. Holding it I sat down again with a displeased expression on my face.

 

“That’s enough, stop it, both of you. Jae, I’ll let you watch your series if you don’t ever try to imitate Will Smith again. Although sometimes I have a feeling that you love this show more than you love me…”, Daehyun said and pretended to be hurt. Nevertheless Youngjae bought his act and began to panic.

“No, that’s not true, you know I love you to death, please don’t be upset honey!”, he cooed as he snuggled closer against Daehyun who burst out laughing.

“I know baby, I love you too, I was just messing around with you a little bit”

“That was not very nice, Jung Daehyun!”, Youngjae pouted and hit Daehyun’s shoulder playfully. However he couldn’t fight against the smile that creeped on his lips as Daehyun pecked them.

“You’re just too cheesy, it’s making me sick sometimes”, I said as I made a face.

 

The truth was I liked the bickering and cheesiness, it made me forget about Himchan and the mood had become lighter. The only thing that was missing was Yongguk Hyung.

 

“Yah, Zelo-ah, he’s making his way over here!”, Jongup whisper-shouted, which caused us all to shift our gazes to see what he was staring at. There he was.

 

Please don’t. Turn left, or right, or go back to where you came from, but please don’t sit with us.

 

Of course my prayers weren’t heard and it was bound to happen: He didn’t turn anywhere, but walked straight to our table.

 

“Here you have the cause of the ruckus Hyung”, I said as annoyed as to the point of time before I entered the cafeteria, if not even more.

 

 


Hey-oh (:
I'm sorry I broke my promise and didn't update yesterday :S It was just that I was so tired, I fell asleep imediately when I came home haha
Anyway I hope you enjoy the update (:

Lots of love ♥