preschool; part two

Preschool

today, jongdae had done all sorts of crying and whining. first, he was awaken three hours before the usual time he woke up by some type of commotion outside their apartment building which caused him to be cranky, then his father announced that he wasn't able to drop him off at school today because of work, which made him sob  uncontrollably, then, when he was dropped off at school by kris, the older students took his backpack and took his colored pencils that joonmyeon had gotten him for christmas causing him to cry even more, lastly, it was his last day with mr. nichkhun. today really wasn't jongdae's day. 

he was seated at his single table in the back of the class, head placed onto the desk and arms surrounding his head, prohibiting any light to get in. he was lightly sniffling, waiting until the bell rang so that he could finally go home. he heard the classroom door open and suddenly the whole classroom was quiet. jongdae didn't look up however, just quietly listening. 

"class, this will be your new teacher, mr. kyungsoo." mr. nichkhun announces. jongdae wanted to cry again. it hurt him just a little bit more that mr. nichkhun was introducing a teacher that would replace him. why couldn't he just wait until tomorrow to be introduced instead of barging in on mr. nichkhun's last day to be introduced to the class? 

"hello, students. i'm mr. kyungsoo, as mr. nichkhun had just announced. it's my first time being an actual teacher in my own class, so please excuse any mistakes i make. i hope we can all get along. and i hope that you guys will love me as much as you love mr. nichkhun." kyungsoo announces. jongdae sighs, sniffling again as he tried to bury his head further into his folded arms. 

kyungsoo looked over the class with a smile, eyes meeting every child there was until his eyes fell onto jongdae. kyungsoo taps nichkhun on the shoulder, quickly gaining his attention. "uhm. who's that?" kyungsoo asks, his gaze on a boy in the back whose head was placed on the desk. nichkhun sighs. 

"that's kim jongdae. he's usually a talkative kid, but i guess something happened. he was pretty sad about the news i gave everyone yesterday. perhaps he's still upset about that? maybe you should go talk to him. it could be a good bonding experience with a student." nichkhun suggests, walking over to a student in the front who called his name. kyungsoo stared at jongdae before walking over to him. 

"jongdae-ah...?" kyungsoo asks. "are you okay?" jongdae tenses at the foreign voice that calls his name, but soon realizes that it's the new teacher. he doesn't answer, however, tears do escape his eyes. kyungsoo purses his lips together before kneeling down next to jongdae's desk. "jongdae... you should talk. it can make you fell better." kyungsoo soothingly says, reminding jongdae of how his father talks to him when he's sad. he swallows his saliva before sitting up, his short bangs sticking onto his forehead, cheeks stained with dried tears. kyungsoo softly smiles before using a hand to brush jongdae's fringe so that it wouldn't stick to his forehead. "would you like to tell me what's wrong?" kyungsoo asks calmly. 

jongdae nods slowly. "c-can we g-go outside, th-though?" jongdae asks, eyes b with tears. kyungsoo nods before he stands, lending a hand to jongdae. the child takes it and they walk outside. jongdae walks ahead of kyungsoo, leading him to the swing set. he sits on one of the swings, ushering kyungsoo to sit on the other one. kyungsoo follows the younger's orders and sits down. 

"so, what's wrong?" kyungsoo asks again, uncomfortably sitting down on the swing that was meant for eight year olds and younger. 

"i'm just... really sleepy... and my daddy couldn't drop me off today... so i miss him a lot... and then the older students in first grade took my colored pencils from my backpack and broke them... and... mr. nichkhun is leaving..." jongdae quietly says, tears rolling down his flushed face. his focus is on the pavement. kyungsoo nods, understanding the childs words. 

"jongdae-ah..." kyungsoo murmurs. jongdae looks up, eyes red from all of the excessive crying he's been doing lately. "come here..." kyungsoo says. jongdae obeys ands stands up, slowly walking over to kyungsoo. kyungsoo wraps his arms around the childs small torso, jongdae immediatly sobbing away into his shoulder. "shh... it's okay. i'll make sure that you'll have a great year here, okay? shh..." jongdae says gently, rubbing circles onto jongdae's back. jongdae nods slowly. 

"th-thank you m-mr. kyungsoo..." jongdae says softly against kyungsoo's shoulder. 

"how about i let you call me, hyung. it seems like you don't like calling me mr. kyungsoo." kyungsoo says. jongdae stills, as if he was contemplating on the offer. but soon he nods. kyungsoo smiles before pulling away to look at jongdae. "are you ready to go back inside? mr. nichkhun told me that he was going to give you all presents as a goodbye." kyungsoo says. 

"y-yes... hyung..." jongdae sniffles, drying his eyes. 

"okay then. let's go." kyungsoo smiles. 

the rest of the school day was filled with laughter and smiles for jongdae. he had received watercolor paints from mr. nichkhun as a goodbye present, which he had placed in his backpack carefully, promising himself that he'd immediately use them when he got home. as he was about to close his backpack, he noticed his drawing that he had made yesterday. he was shocked because he thought he left if at home on the coffee table, which was one of the reasons why he was sad today. he smiled widely to himself as he thought that his father had placed it in there.

he pulled the drawing out and ran to his teacher. "mr. nichkhun!" jongdae excitedly said. nichkhun turned and smiled, kneeling down. 

"oh, hey, jongdae-ah~" he cooed and jongdae grinned. 

"i made this for you yesterday. i hope you'll remember me by this." jongdae smiles as he hands nichkhun the paper. 

"awh, jongdae-ah. i love it. i'll always remember you!"nichkhun says, pulling jongdae into a hug. "thank you." he says. 

jongdae smiles even wider before nodding. "you're welcome, mr. nichkhun. thank you for teaching me- i mean all of us!" jongdae coos. 

"daddy!" jongdae yells as he runs into his father's arms. he places a kiss onto joonmyeon's cheek before he wraps his arms around his neck. joonmyeon smiles as he wraps his arms around jongdae's waist, carrying his child. 

"i suppose someone had a good day?" joonmyeon asks. jongdae frantically nods. joonmyeon chuckles. "why don't you tell me about it while we head to the car." joonmyeon says, placing a kiss on jongdae's temple. 

"okay, well first, my day was pretty y... but then it got better! i met my new teacher, and he's really nice. and mr. nichkhun gave me watercolor paints as a goodbye present!" jongdae smiles. 

"that's very nice of him." joonmyeon smiles back. 

"and- and i thought i left my drawing at home, but it was in my backpack!" jongdae says. he then quickly wraps his arms around joonmyeon's neck. "thank you, daddy for putting them in there." he says. joonmyeon smiles, hugging him back. 

"mmhmm." joonmyeon hums before he opens the door to the back of his car and placing jongdae into his car seat. "before i left, i saw it on the table, so i just put it in your backpack." joonmyeon says as he buckles jongdae into his car seat. 

;:;:;

i'm sorry... short update... but... yeah. now kyungsoo's in the story (; okay, well. next chapter, let's just say, it'll be more interesting, okay? thank you for all of your lovely comments. i loved reading them T^T well, please leave more comments so i can get your feedback and write faster. i really am thankful that you guys like my story. please comment and subscribe! thank you!

also, i'm trying to get someone to make a poster for me for this story. if you know anyone who can make a poster for me, or if you can, please send me a message either on my wall or personal and we can discuss further details about it. thank you!