preschool; part five

Preschool

it was ten o'clock. jongdae was already fast asleep, allowing joonmyeon to have some alone time to relax. joonmyeon took out the photo of kyungsoo and him, brushing over it with his left thumb and turning it over to look at kyungsoo's neat handwriting. it was his twentieth time looking at their photo, but he didn't care. he would look at their photo a million times more for a million hours longer if he could. the photo made him that happy. it made him feel ecstatic to know that kyungsoo still loved him after everything he had put him through. joonmyeon felt a little bit less guilty, and like a weight was lifted off of his shoulders. a weight that he didn't know was there. a weight that he didn't know existed. 

with a content sigh and a small smile on his face, he took one last look at the photo and placed it on the coffee table. he slouched in his seat, resting his head at the edge of the couch, staring at the ceiling. joonmyeon didn't know how to describe what he was feeling. he was happy, but not happy as in, jumping around in joy and crying. his mood was hard to explain, but he was so very happy, not being able to stop smiling. 

just then, the sound of a door opening was heard, and joonmyeon turned his head slightly to look at jongdae's door, just in time to see jongdae slip out tiredly. the five year old drowsily dragged his feet over the hardwood flooring, collapsing onto the couch next to his father. joonmyeon reached a hand over to brush jongdae's bangs out of his face, smiling when his son looked up at him with drowsy eyes. 

"can't sleep, i see?" joonmyeon asks as he sits up straight. jongdae nods slowly before yawning, rubbing his eyes. joonmyeon smiles before pulling jongdae onto the couch so that his back was against it, jongdae slouching a bit. 

"i'm really tired... but i can't sleep..." jongdae mumbles, yawning right after. joonmyeon chuckles as he stands up. 

"follow me." joonmyeon says and jongdae groggily stands up, lazily following his father. when he opens his eyes, he's in the kitchen, already sitting on the wooden chair, watching his father as he reaches for a mug from the cupboard. joonmyeon places the mug onto the table before walking over to the refrigerator and grabbing the milk they had just bought today. he pulled the other chair perpendicular to jongdae's and poured the milk into the ceramic mug, filling it to about, half way before closing the milk carton and putting it back into the fridge and grabbing the mug and putting it into the microwave for 45 seconds, sitting back down afterwards. 

"what are you doing, daddy?" jongdae asks sleepily. 

joonmyeon smiles. "i'm making you warm milk. when i was younger, my parents would have me drink it when i couldn't fall asleep.and also, i did it for you when you were a baby so you;d fall asleep quicker." joonmyeon replied, getting up once the sound of the microwave had sounded. jongdae slightly nodded, taking in the information slowly. joonmyeon placed the mug down and slid it to jongdae. "it won't burn you. it's not that hot." joonmyeon said and jongdae placed his small hands onto the mug, it warming his already warm hands. 

"where are daddy's parents?" jongdae asks as he takes a gulp of the warm milk, sighing in contentment afterwards and placing the mug down gently. joonmyeon froze, his small smile subsiding. he pursed his lips together as he watched jongdae gulp down his milk. 

"how about i tell you what happened as a bedtime story? that'll also help you fall asleep faster." joonmyeon smiles and jongdae frantically nods, finishing up his warm milk and placing it into the sink (with the help of his father.) joonmyeon followed jongdae back to his room, tucking his son in and turning off the lights. joonmyeon pulled jongdae's small desk chair next to the bed, turning on his lamp. jongdae smiles at his father, his hands resting on top of his sheets comfortable. joonmyeon couldn't help but to smile back, sighing after. 

"okay... about daddy's parents..." joonmyeon says, his gaze going to the ceiling to gather his thoughts before returning his gaze back to jongdae. "daddy's parents kicked him out. they're amazing parents, especially to daddy. but, daddy made a stupid mistake. well, i guess it's not so stupid if i think about it." joonmyeon trailed off. 

"what did daddy do to make grandmother and grandfather so mad?" jongdae asks curiously. 

joonmyeon sighs before smiling. "daddy got a girl pregnant when he was still a teenager... but don't you ever do that." joonmyeon says, and jongdae giggles at his father. joonmyeon smiles. "but that pregnancy brought you into my life. and i don't know what i'd do with out you jongdae-ah." joonmyeon says, eyes tearing up. "but, anyway. daddy is still happy. even though your mommy isn't here and your grandparents aren't here... i'm still happy. it would be nice if they were though... right?" joonmyeon asks and jongdae nods his head, but quickly shakes it. joonmyeon tilts his head, not understanding. 

"not mommy. i don't want her to be in jongdae's life." jongdae says, crossing his arms. joonmyeon chuckles. 

"how about your grandparents?" he asks and jongdae frantically nods. 

"i want to meet daddy's parents!" he says excitedly, bouncing in his spot. 

"maybe we can, if they forgive daddy after all of these years." joonmyeon says. jongdae nods with a large grin, yawning right after. "well, that's enough for story time. you look sleepy jongdae-ah. sleep now, okay? maybe tomorrow we can go see sehun-ah, uncle kris, and uncle yixing." joonmyeon says and jongdae nods again.

"goodnight daddy!" jongdae says and joonmyeon smiles, replying with a "goodnight jongdae." before he hugs his son and places a kiss on his temple, pulling the chair back the jongdae's desk, shutting off the lamp and exiting the room, leaving the door opened just a crack.

joonmyeon looked back at jongdae's room and smiled. "daddy loves you so much." 

a/n: uhm... let's skip to the end of monday... shall we? i didn't want any fillers... hahah.... 

monday 

"oh... hyung... lookie! i have something for you~!" jongdae coos as he pulls out a paper from his backpack, holding it in the air for his teacher to see. kyungsoo squinted because from his desk he couldn't really make out the words. he got up and slowly walked over, every step he took, he could easily read more and more of the sentence. or question that was written. 

"will you go out with my daddy?" the paper read. the paper was decorated with red and blue scribbles and handwriting recognizably the five year olds. jongdae had a huge grin on his face as he placed the paper down and grabbed his teacher's hand, pulling him outside to the entrance of the school. outside, there was joonmyeon, clad in a simple blue, green, and white plaid button up with the cuffs rolled up and the top buttons ed and loose jeans that hugged the right areas that needed to be accentuated. his hair was quite normal, still cut short but now colored black instead of light brown. and that smile he wore every time kyungsoo looked at him and their eyes would meet. ugh. one of his arms were behind his back, obviously hiding something. kyungsoo bit his bottom lip. what is he doing to me. what is he doing to me. god damn it kim joonmye- kyungsoo looked down when he felt a tug on his hand and he simply followed the five year old to joonmyeon. 

"hi daddy~!" jongdae smiles and waves his free hand at his father. joonmyeon smiles back. 

"hi jongdae, hi kyungsoo~" joonmyeon coos as he removes his arm from his back, revealing a bouquet of white orchids and bright red roses. kyungsoo gasps and he slowly reaches out to accept them and joonmyeon hands the to him. "i wasn't sure if you still liked these flowers... but i just got them... just in case you do." joonmyeon says and kyungsoo gives him a small smile before he looks down at the bouquet.

"yeah... i still do... but... you still remember...?" kyungsoo asks and joonmyeon nods.

"of course. how could i forget?" joonmyeon asks cheekily and kyungsoo shyly nods, slowly. 

"so... are you going out with daddy, hyung?" jongdae asks curiously, a small grin pulling at his defined lips. joonmyeon looks at kyungsoo with the same curious eyes as jongdae's. kyungsoo sighs and nods. 

"yes, jongdae-ah. i will." joonmyeon and jongdae grin. 

"great. let's go then~!" joonmyeon says and kyungsoo looks at him with wide eyes. 

"wait... today?" kyungsoo asks, surprised. joonmyeon slowly nods. 

"uhm... yeah... why?" 

"because... i have to correct some things... and what not... you know, teacher stuff." kyungsoo says, and joonmyeon puffs out one of his cheeks. 

"ah... i see... how about... a catch up day? it's not necessarily a date, but just us, and jongdae, hanging out for a few hours." joonmyeon suggests and kyungsoo bites his bottom lip in thought before he nods. 

"i... guess that'll be fine." kyungsoo softly says as he unconsciously nods his head slowly. "but... only for a few hours." kyungsoo says. 

"okay, okay. great! let's go then!" 

"wait, let me get my stuff. and i think you forgot your backpack inside, jongdae." 

the ride in the car was awkward and quiet followed by even more awkwardness. i mean joonmyeon and kyungsoo hadn't been that close to each other in over five years, so of course they both expected it to be awkward, but not that awkward. joonmyeon cleared his throat, like he always did before he talked, gaining kyungsoo's and jongdae's attention. 

"uhm... did you eat yet? we should get something to eat." joonmyeon says as they come to a red light. he looks over to kyungsoo who's awkwardly sitting in the passenger's seat before he looks behind kyungsoo at jongdae who is fiddling with the seatbelt of his seat, uncomfortable from the way the stiff fabric would dig into his skin at his neck. 

"no... i haven't." kyungsoo says as his gaze moves from joonmyeon to the windshield. joonmyeon looks at him before focusing his gaze to the busy street, just in time for the light to turn green. 

"what do you guys want to eat?" joonmyeon asks. 

"anything's fine with me. you know how i'll eat mostly anything."kyungsoo says with a small smile. joonmyeon returns it before he looks at jongdae through the review mirror. 

"what about you, jongdae?" 

"same thing as hyung! i'm not picky!" jongdae coos and joonmyeon smiles. 

"mmm... how about... ah! i know!" joonmyeon says as he makes a sharp turn at a light and onto the right street. it was less busy and had a lot of small shops here and there, but were mostly apartment and business buildings. joonmyeon parked the car in an open spot and opened the door for kyungsoo and jongdae. 

"where are we, daddy?"jongdae asks as he holds kyungsoo's hand as they make their way to the sidewalk. 

"we're going to a cafe. one where one of my friends work at, jonggie. and, kyungsoo hyung may know him also." kyungsoo's ears perked up at his name being said and he turned towards joonmyeon with curious eyes, his lips slightly parted. 

"who is it?" kyungsoo asks. 

"you'll see." joonmyeon replies with a teasing grin. kyungsoo pouts. 

they walked to the cafe that was located at the corner of the block they had parked on. joonmyeon held the door open for jongdae and kyungsoo, walking over to the counter and waiting until a worker walked over to take his order. after a moment of waiting, a worker with dark brown hair walked over to the counter and looked at joonmyeon. his lips curled up into a huge smile before he exited from behind the counter to hug joonmyeon. 

"hey, minseok hyung!" joonmyeon smiled as he he let the older male hug him. 

"hey! you came!" minseok cooed. "and you brought jongdae! and... woah... kyungsoo!" minseok's smile enlarged as he hugged the younger male. "you look nice! i mean, all of you!" he says and kyungsoo smiles. 

"you look nice too, hyung! you lost a lot of weight, also." kyungsoo comments with his eyes wide. "you look really nice!" minseok blushes. 

"thank you, dongsaeng. anyway, what can i get you guys. no need to pay, it's all on me." the worker says. 

"are you sure? you won't get in trouble?" joonmyeon asks concerned. 

"no. i own this cafe. of course i won't get in trouble." minseok says and both kyungsoo's and joonmyeon's eyes widen. 

"you own this cafe?!" joonmyeon asks. 

"yeah... luhan and i." minseok says nonchalantly. 

"you and luhan hyung?" kyungsoo asks and minseok merely nods. 

"yes... oh yeah, we're dating." minseok says with a large smile. 

kyungsoo and joonmyeon look at each other, then back at minseok. "wow... back in high school, you couldn't imagine yourself with luhan... and now... you guys are going out... h-how?" joonmyeon asks, still quite shocked. 

(a/n: i'm sorry... wanted to make this strictly sudo... so i'll skip that part... maybe after this story is finished, i can make a sequel and make it xiuhan?) 

"hyung! you're coming back to our apartment, right?!" jongdae asks as he opens the back door of their car. kyungsoo looks at jongdae, then at joonmyeon. "please?" jongdae asks. kyungsoo sighs before he kneels down by jongdae's seat.

"you should ask your daddy first." kyungsoo says. jongdae looks up at joonmyeon, who is standing beside kyungsoo. 

"daddy?" jongdae says. "can he?" kyungsoo cranes his neck back in order to see joonmyeon, just in time to see said male nodding his head. 

"yeah, he can." joonmyeon smiles at kyungsoo before he opens the front door the the other. kyungsoo smiles back, shutting jongdae's door before getting into the passenger's seat. 

the ride to joonmyeon's apartment was less awkward then before. jongdae would talk about his day and ask questions to both joonmyeon and kyungsoo random questions about anything and everything causing them to laugh. unconsciously, he turned his head to look at kyungsoo, kyungsoo doing the same and their eyes met. kyungsoo smiled as he continued to laugh, causing joonmyeon to blush. so pretty.

"sorry if it's a bit messy. i wasn't planning on inviting you over." joonmyeon says as he get's his keys from his satchel (lol. like for guys. i'll leave a photo down below...)

"no. it's fine. i came unexpectedly anyway." kyungsoo says ending his sentence with his heart shaped smile. joonmyeon returns the smile as he puts the keys into the keyhole and turns the key. but the door is already unlocked. 

"weird... i swear i locked it..." joonmyeon mumbles. 

"is something wrong, daddy?" jongdae asks, kyungsoo looking at joonmyeon worriedly. joonmyeon looks down at his son. 

"no... but i think i left the door unlocked..." joonmyeon says as he pulls out the key and slowly opens the door. 

"..." 

joonmyeon's eyes widen. "kyungsoo... bring jongdae to your place. please." joonmyeon says quickly in a worried tone. 

"w-why?"

"kyungsoo... please." 

a new voice sounds in the background. "joonmyeon? jongdae?" 

 

;:;:; 

whut... whut. whut. lol. okay... so sorry to keep you waiting... i kept you waiting on a very y chapter... and then i left you guys on a cliff hanger... ooo. i'm sorry ;A; next chapter... i'll be sure to post it soon! so please anticipate it! <3 please subscribe if you like my story and if you haven't already, and comment down below! thank you! i love you guys so much. 

p.s thank you for being patient... if you guys read my other chapter, which i deleted, then you guys knew why i wasn't updating. i feel a lot better now and i have to face the fact that he's gone. so... thank you for your patience and support. just, thank you! 

joonmyeon's bag looks like this: 

louis-vuitton-loup-m93077.jpg

not girly at all... i want this bag... but god. it's like $500+ like, nope. too much... 

and omg. growl! i love it so much. and i already pre ordered the albums<3 if you want to know where to pre order the albums, sent me a personal message!