preschool; part four

Preschool

"well. you have no homework. so have a nice weekend. see you all on monday~!" kyungsoo coos to his students. all of the students replied with a cheerful "okay, mr. kyungsoo~" making kyungsoo grin. oh how he loved his wonderful students. the bell rung and he bids the students goodbyes and "see you in a few days" as they walked out of the room. he was about to follow the students before he saw jongdae still sitting at his seat, working on another drawing he supposed. 

"jongdae-ah, isn't your daddy going to be picking you up soon? you should pack up your stuff." kyungsoo said, kneeling down so jongdae could see his face. jongdae looked at kyungsoo and back at his drawing. 

"daddy said he'll be a little late today. he said he'll get off a little bit early so he can get a haircut and then he'll pick me up." jongdae smiles. kyungsoo nods before standing up, curiously looking over jongdae's shoulder to glance at his drawing. he smiled and pats the child's head before he goes back to his desk in the front of the room. 

after about ten minutes or so, jongdae gets up and gently places everything in his backpack. kyungsoo hears the sound of the zipper and stands up. "i'll leave now, hyung." jongdae grins as he heads towards the entrance of the classroom. kyungsoo stretches and smiles back at jongdae, walking over to the door also. 

"i'll walk you out. it's getting too stuffy in there anyway." kyungsoo says. jongdae beams at kyungsoo as he takes his teacher's hand. they walk out together, both seeing that joonmyeon had already arrived. "oh. daddy's here already! bye, hyung!" jongdae smiles before he hugs his legs and runs over to his father. kyungsoo observes joonmyeon, noticing that his hairstyle was completely different from any of the hairstyles he ever had. it was short, and dyed light brown instead of red. it was spiked up into a faux hawk, but it didn't look hard and glossy, but soft and matte. 

kyungsoo watches from the school entrance as jongdae runs over to his father with a yell of "daddy!", clinging onto his neck and showing his father's face with quick kisses. joonmyeon chuckles as he hugs his son, picking him up casually. kyungsoo sees jongdae touching joonmyeon's new short hair and talking, possibly commenting on it. as jongdae rests his head onto joonmyeon's shoulder, joonmyeon has a clear view of kyungsoo, and he can clearly see kyungsoo was staring at him and jongdae. he gives the teacher a small smile, eyes turning into crescents before he turns around. jongdae waves goodbye to him and kyungsoo waves back, a light blush on his cheeks from joonmyeon's oh-so-heavenly smile. 

as the duo makes their way out of kyungsoo's line of vision, kyungsoo physically slaps himself on the face multiple times until his face is pink and it looks like he just ran a marathon minus the sweat. "what is he doing to me." kyungsoo thinks out loud. "damn it, kim joonmyeon." he mumbles quietly before his gaze lifts to the direction joonmyeon and jongdae had walked and sighed, going back into the school to collect his stuff to leave. 

as kyungsoo enters his classroom, he gazes over all of the empty desks, but something catches his eyes. while all of the desks were bare on the surface, jongdae's had a piece of paper on it, folded neatly, a red ribbon holding it together. he walks over to the child's desk and picks up the piece of paper. he was quite happy to see that it was definitely from joonmyeon. 

on the top of the folded paper read: open at home. kyungsoo's lips curved into a small smile before he walked back to his desk and pocketed the paper into his sweater's pockets. he threw on his backpack and flicked off the lights before he exited the building, bidding some farewells to some staff members on his way out.

he shoves his hands into his pockets, left thumb running over the note, quite eager to see what was written in it. he got onto a bus that took him to the northern part of seoul and got off at his correct stop, then walking a block the the west to his apartment building. he entered the passcode and checked if he had any mail (basically the usual things he would do when he got off of work) before walking up the stairs to the fifth floor (he would normally use the elevator, but he's been eating a lot lately and he's afraid of excessive body fat on himself) and entered the room that was down the hall, to the left. he kicked off his shoes and dropped his backpack onto the floor next to them before he placed his phone onto the coffee table and plopped down onto the couch. 

his left hand grabbed the note and pulled it out of his pocket. there, he held the note in both hands, staring at it, thoughts clouding his head with questions and unrealistic answers to them. he took a deep breath, knowing he'll never know what was in the letter unless he opens it and reads it. and as he exhaled, eyes closed, he undid the bow, letting the ribbon fall onto his lap, and opened up the piece of paper. he felt something else fall onto his lap, so he opened his eyes, and glanced down. 

it was a picture. a picture of him and joonmyeon when they were in high school. one of joonmyeon's arms were around his waist while one of kyungsoo's hands were resting on the other's knee. kyungsoo smiled to himself at the memory that seemed like it only yesterday when it happened. he placed the photo next to his phone that was settled in front of him on the coffee table before returning to the papers in his other hand. 

three papers, filled with joonmyeon's neat handwriting, written on both the front of the paper and the back, explaining everything from their break up to taeyeon. by the time kyungsoo was done reading the letter, tears were rolling down his cheeks and he was sniffling uncontrollably. he wiped his tears with the sleeve of his sweater, the fabric burning his sensitive skin under his eyes, causing it to be even more red. he placed the papers down gently onto the coffee table before he stood up to get himself some water. 

the last sentence of the letter was stuck in his head, replaying over and over again in joonmyeon's voice. it's okay if you don't love me anymore, but i just wanted to tell you, that i never stopped loving you. the words brought tears to kyungsoo's already puffy and stinging eyes. it wasn't like he hated joonmyeon. no, he didn't hate joonmyeon at all. he just hated what he did. he hated always being there for him when joonmyeon wasn't there for him. he hated, pouring his love into everything he did for him, but joonmyeon not doing the same. and most of all, he hated the fact that he was being cheated on for two whole years of it. 

but no. kyungsoo could never hate joonmyeon. he tried, and he failed at it. he tried being mad at joonmyeon, but he couldn't. he tried to forget about joonmyeon, but he was the only person kyungsoo thought of. so he decided, even if joonmyeon never loved him, he'll continue to love joonmyeon. but i guess you could say kyungsoo did forget about joonmyeon for a little while. 

after joonmyeon graduated, kyungsoo was left with his other friends for his last year. he was too busy to care about joonmyeon. too caught up with all of his own happenings in his own life to wonder what joonmyeon was doing, or where he was. kyungsoo was just, out living his life. he went to college and got a degree in education, learning only the basics. 

but now that joonmyeon was in his life again. and not only joonmyeon, but his child, he couldn't help but wonder about all of those things. while he was graduating, where was he and jongdae? where did he earn all of his money while jongdae was a baby and his parents and his ex-girlfriend were no longer supporting him? wasn't it difficult? somehow, it made kyungsoo sort of guilty, now that he knew joonmyeon and jongdae's story. 

kyungsoo pushed back his thoughts and grabbed his phone and wallet, making his way out of his apartment after he slipped on is shoes. a nice walk on a cool day like this should help clear his mind, he thought. 

after they went home and got changed... (because joonmyeon doesn't like doing errands in his suit)

"jongdae-ah. hold my hand, okay?" joonmyeon says as the light turns green and the walking signal lights up. jongdae nods as he clutches onto his father's hand, jumping onto all of the white lines that decorated the crosswalk. joonmyeon chuckled. "shall we go to the park first, or the supermarket?" joonmyeon asks his son, and jongdae purses his lips together, gaze directed to the sky, his usual thinking face joonmyeon finally realized. 

"the park!" jongdae beams, causing joonmyeon to laugh. 

"okay~ then let's go!" joonmyeon smiles as he picks up his son and runs over to the park, jongdae laughing.  once the small park is in his field of vision, joonmyeon sets jongdae down, allowing jongdae to run over to the to the jungle gym to play with the other children. he took a seat on a bench that overlooked the whole park. 

only five minutes passed when joonmyeon heard crying. he stood up and jogged his way over to the sobbing, seeing his son crying and an adult scolding him as she held her son protectively in her arms. joonmyeon ran over to his son, kneeling down to hug him before he looked up at the women. "is there a problem, miss?" joonmyeon asked as he stood up, jongdae clinging onto his neck, sobbing into his shoulder. 

"is this your son? well, he pushed my little ricky off of the slide!" the woman yelled. joonmyeon turned to his son, who was still sobbing. 

"pushed... off of the slide? wouldn't you push them down the slide..." joonmyeon pondered. "is this true, jongdae-ah?" joonmyeon asked calmly, running his fingers through his son's hair. 

"n-no! i-it i-isn't, dadd-y. i d-didn't push him! i asked i-if he could h-hurry up so i can use t-the slide a-and then he stated c-cry-ing and then h-his mommy s-started yelling a-at me..." jongdae sobbed. joonmyeon sighed, wrapping his free arm over the boy's back. 

"i'm sorry. it was a misunderstanding." joonmyeon said as he slightly bowed. the lady scoffed and turned around, her son sticking out his tongue at joonmyeon and jongdae. joonmyeon gasped and rolled his eyes. "evil little child..." joonmyeon mumbled before he turned to jongdae who still had tears rolling down his flushed cheeks. "jongdae, let's go to the supermarket. i don't want you to be around people like them." joonmyeon says and jongdae nods, wiping his tearstained face with the palms of his hands. joonmyeon gives him a small smile before he places a kiss on top of jongdae's head, placing him down and grabbing his hand.

the walk to the supermarket didn't take long, for jongdae was constantly chattering about his day, asking his father questions to ease his curious brain. joonmyeon found it quite amusing, and beyond adorable as his son would pick up on all of the explanations quickly. as they arrived to the supermarket, jongdae was amazed by how gigantic it was. sure, jongdae had been to those small grocery shops near their apartment, but never to a three story one. he was excited, bouncing around and wanting to see all of the floors of the building, causing joonmyeon to laugh. 

joonmyeon grabbed a cart, asking if jongdae wanted to ride in it, but jongdae declined his offer, saying that he wanted to walk around and help his father pick out the items on their grocery list. joonmyeon smiled and agreed. jongdae held onto the metal lining on the side of the cart as they walked in, his eyes wide in amazement at the largeness of one supermarket. his mouth was agape as he looked around, thinking of the store as a "new world". he was fascinated. 

"jongdae, is there anything you want in particular?" joonmyeon asked, and jongdae nodded. 

"strawberry juice!" he coos, causing joonmyeon to chuckle. 

"okay, strawberry juice. anything else?" 

jongdae pursed  his lips together, gaze directed towards the ceiling as he was thinking, joonmyeon took note that it was his thinking face. an adorable thinking face. "uhm... choco pie? just one?" jongdae asked, filled with aegyo. joonmyeon laughs and nodded. 

"okay, okay, just one." joonmyeon says, ruffling his sons hair who grins. 

it goes on like this, joonmyeon saying an item on the list and jongdae would try to find it in the aisle, once he found it, he would stand on his toes in attempt to put it into the cart. it wasn't until joonmyeon was looking for some instant coffee when jongdae stopped and yelled, "hyung!" joonmyeon looked up to see jongdae running over to a male who kneeled down to let his son hug him. 

"hyunggie! ah... why are your eyes so red?" jongdae asked curiously. kyungsoo laughed lightly before he stood up. 

"nothing really. i have allergies to dust." he says, walking him over to his father. 

allergies to dust? kyungsoo never had any allergies... joonmyeon thought. kyungsoo only looked like that when he was crying. and oh. kyungsoo was crying. joonmyeon smiled at kyungsoo, who gave him a small smile in reply. "i see you guys are out doing some shopping." kyungsoo smiles, and he feels completely stupid because, duh, they're out shopping. he made a mental note to slap himself later. 

"yeah. how about you, kyungsoo?" joonmyeon asked in that tone. that heavenly tone that only joonmyeon can pull off. kyungsoo blushed, feeling so embarrassed because he's blushing at a simple question and he just really wants to run away and hide in a corner. 

"oh. i just, went on a walk and remembered i needed to pick up a few necessities." kyungsoo replies, and joonmyeon nods. kyungsoo smiles. "and... here." kyungsoo says, reaching into his pocket and handing joonmyeon a photo. "i wasn't sure if you wanted it back... or not." he says and joonmyeon blushes as he accepts the photo, looking at it. 

"oh... yeah. th-thanks, kyungsoo."joonmyeon mutters as he continues to stare at the photo. kyungsoo smiles. 

"no problem... oh, and nice haircut." kyungsoo looks at jongdae and smiles widely, kneeling down. "and jongdae-ah, see you on monday!" he says before he stands and makes his way out of the aisle, jongdae waving to him. joonmyeon looks up, only to see kyungsoo's back, it disappearing as he makes a turn into another aisle. joonmyeon looks back at the picture and turns it around. 

there are five words freshly written on it in kyungsoo's handwriting in the middle of the photo. 

i never stopped loving you. 

;:;:;

hey. so... d-did you like it? i needed a short resolution so that they could meet each other outside of school... and... yeah... i'm not really busy, so expect a lot of updates until the end of summer. i'll be writing on week days, so you can expect them to be uploaded maybe... monday-tuesday. thursday-friday. and then maybe sunday. thank you so much for reading, and please subscribe if you haven't already and comment down below because i love reading your comments and they make me motivated to write faster. 

sub / comment