preschool; part one

Preschool

please excuse any mistakes... thank you.

 

"jongdae-ah... what's wrong?" joonmyeon asks soothingly as his son walks into his embrace. jongdae doesn't answer, only quietly sobbing into his father's clothed shoulder, coughing every once in awhile. "did a classmate do something to you?" joonmyeon asks, rubbing jongdae's back. jongdae shakes his head. "then what happened?" he asks calmly. 

jongdae stands up straight and steps back a little, allowing his father to look at him. joonmyeon wipes jongdae's eyes with his thumbs and rests his hands on his shoulders when he was done. "mr. nichkhun is leaving..." jongdae mumbles as a tear rolls down his cheeks. 

"oh, jongdae-ah~" joonmyeon sympathetically says as he pulls jongdae into a warm hug. jongdae immediately starts to sob into his father's shoulder again, wrapping his small arms around joonmyeon's neck, clinging onto him. joonmyeon sighs as he stands up and carries his son over to the car, opening the door and gently placing his son into his car seat. jongdae wipes his eyes, gaze focused onto his clasped hands that are settled on his lap. "jongdae-ah. how about after dinner, we go get ice cream at uncle kris' ice cream shop, sound good?" joonmyeon asks once he had buckled jongdae's car seat buckles. 

jongdae's eyes widened. "ice... cream?" he askes.

"yes, jongdae-ah. ice cream." 

"c-can i get the mint chocolate flavor? mr. nichkhun said it was his favorite..." jongdae mumbles. 

"yes, jongdae. you can get whatever you want." joonmyeon soothingly says as he places a kiss on the top of jongdae's head, jongdae smiling widely. 

"thank you, daddy!" jongdae coos. 

"mhm." joonmyeon says as he shuts the door. 

-

jongdae smiles to himself as he draws a few more finishing touches onto his paper. grinning, he places his colored pencil down and holds up his drawing, certainly proud of his hard work. he stands, and with a few more moments of admiring his art work, he walks over to the kitchen where his father's preparing dinner.

"daddy!" jondae yells to get joonmyeon's attention. joonmyeon jumps in surprise, almost dropping the rice scooper in his hand. 

"ah, yeah, jongdae?" he answers, quite shaken, turning around to face his son. 

"look what i made mr. nichkhun! do you think he'd like it?" jongdae asks, flipping the paper over so that it was facing his father. 

joonmyeon smiles as he kneels down. "i think he'd love it, jongdae." joonmyeon coos as he places a kiss on jongdae's temple, standing up to return to his cooking. jongdae grins as he runs over to the coffee table in the living room, placing his drawing down and running back to the kitchen. 

"is it done?" jongdae asks as he sits at their two-seater table, curiously watching joonmyeon cook. 

"mmm. yeah. it is." joonmyeon says as he tastes his dish one last time. he takes the pot off of the burner and brings it over to the table, carefully placing it down. "be careful, jongdae, it's hot." joonmyeon warns and jongdae nods. joonmyeon then goes to the dish rack, grabbing two bowls, two pairs of chopsticks, and two spoons and bringing them over to the table, going back to grab the rice cooker. with a content sigh, he sits down on the opposite side of jongdae, picking up jongdae's bowl and filling it with rice, doing the same with his own bowl. 

jongdae watched, eager to eat since he ate lunch early. his eyes widened as joonmyeon took the lid of the pot off and the their whole apartment was filled with a delicious aroma. "daddy... it smells nice." jongdae smiles as he watches joonmyeon pick up pieces of meat from the pot and placing them into his bowl, placing it in front of him. jongdae his lips as he picks up his spoon and scoops up some of his rice and the meat, placing it into his mouth. "w-wow... daddy! where did you learn how to cook all of a sudden?" jongdae asks as he shoves another piece of meat into his mouth. "uncle kris told me that you didn't know how to cook that well. but this is really yummy!" 

joonmyeon bitterly chuckles. "i'll have to talk to uncle kris later." he mumbles as he watches jongdae happily eat. "i read a recipe, jongdae." joonmyeon replies as he places his rice filled spoon into his mouth. 

"re... cipe? what's that?" jongdae asks curiously as he tilts his head cutely. joonmyeon laughs as he ruffles jongdae's hair, thinking, he's just too cute

"a recipe is instructions on how to cook something. like how mr. nichkhun tells you how to solve a math equation. but it's for food." joonmyeon explains, jongdae nodding his head, mouth forming an "o". 

"how do you get recipes?" jongdae asks as he shoves his spoon in his mouth. 

"well, you can get them online, or buy a recipe book." joonmyeon says picking up another piece of meat. 

"a recipe book? you mean there are different types of books? not only the ones that are in my classroom?" jongdae asks. 

joonmyeon chuckles. "yes, jongdae-ah. now eat your food so we can go get some ice cream." 

jongdae's eyes widened and his lips curved into a grin. "okay!" he smiles as he eagerly eats, joonmyeon watching with a smile on his face. he reaches his arm over the table and ruffles jongdae's hair. 

"you should've told me that you guys were coming! yixing could've brought sehun." kris says, as he hands joonmyeon jongdae's ice cream. joonmyeon hands jongdae the sugar cone and looks back up with a smile. 

"i'm sorry, hyung. i forgot to call." joonmyeon apologizes. 

"whatever. but make sure to call next time. yixing wants to see jongdae and introduce sehun to him." kris says, sparing a glance at jongdae. 

"introduce? they've met multiple times." joonmyeon says as he receives his ice cream and sits down at one of the tables, allowing jongdae to sit on his lap. 

"i mean. sehun probably doesn't remember that much. so, i guess that's why...?" he says, ending his sentence with a shrug. "so, anyway. why are you guys here? you rarely let jongdae eat sugary things." kris says, leaning against the counter. 

"oh. jongdae's teacher is leaving. he was crying when i picked him up today. so, here we are." 

"he likes him that much? he was only his teacher for a month..." kris comments. 

"yeah... but jongdae gets attatched easily... hopefully their new teacher will be as good as mr. nichkhun. if not, better." joonmyeon says as he runs his free hand through jongdae's hair. "jongdae-ah. we should get a hair cut soon. you're hair is getting long and i'm tired of my hairstyle." joonmyeon says as he touches his red colored hair. 

"but the noonas at school say that this hair makes me look cute. so do some of the boys!" jongdae says as he nips at the mint chocolate chip ice cream. 

joonmyeon and kris laugh. "okay, okay. maybe while i get a haircut, you can hang out with uncle kris, uncle yixing, and sehun." joonmyeon smiles, his gaze slowly being directed towards kris who nods in aproval. 

"yeah. maybe uncle yixing can teach you how to cook so you'll be better than daddy~" 

jongdae laughs. "but daddy made very delicious meat today!"

"really? maybe he can make me some." kris smiles at jongdae, causing jongdae to giggle. 

;:;:;

hey, i hope you liked part 1~ so, i've decided that... the drabbles aren't really apart of this. merely ideas of this. so. please don't expect the drabbles to be connected to this whatsoever (if you read them). but if you didn't read them, then ignore this. remember to comment your suggestions, etc, and subscribe to get all the updates. thank you~!