BAEKYEOL

The Book Of EXO Ships

"Hyung!" He called. "He" being the tall, model-like, happy-go-lucky, handsome Park Chanyeol. The simple man who worked at a bakery, and got that bakery many female customers. They all came just to see his smile, even though he smiles all day long.

"Aish! Don't call me that." Byun Baekhyun nudges him, irritated. "It makes me feel uncomfortable to hear that. You're so tall and...aish! Shouldn't you be the 'hyung'?"

"No, I was born after you." Chanyeol says with a smug grin. "Hey hyung...why don't we...go out today?" He asks. His grin starts to get more and more smug. More and more teasing.

Baekhyun blushes, but Chanyeol didn't see that. "Don't say that!" He laughs nervously. "Stupid Channie!"

Byun Baekhyun and Park Chanyeol have been best friends since even before kindergarten. Their mothers went to college together and had been the bestest of friends -- and so are they. The two were almost inseparable, at school, or otherwise. They even had all their classes together in high school, and now go to the same college. While Chanyeol is working part time at the bakery, Baekhyun helps out at a small bookshop. 

"Don't..." Baekhyun stutters. "Don't you have work today?" 

Chanyeol chuckles. "Yes, I do. Why don't you come visit?"

"Ne..Yeah, OK OK. Now go~!!!" He playfully shoves Chanyeol away.

The bell rings for the next class as Park Chanyeol chuckles once again, and leaves red-faced Baekhyun to his own.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Of course, five minutes later, they see each other again. Baekhyun sticks his tongue out at Chanyeol as they sit down next to each other, like every day. Math class begins as the professor walks through the door. Chanyeol is a genius at math, so he doesn't pay attention and starts doodling in his notebook. 

Baekhyun, curious, looks over Chanyeol's shoulder to see what he's drawing whilst carefully avoiding the gaze of the strict professor. He wiggles his head around to see the doodle. Ugh, Channie's too tall, he whines in his mind. And then he sees the doodle.

His face turns tomato red. Chanyeol catches him looking at it, quickly flips to the next page in his notebook to hide it, and then grins at Baekhyun to hide his own embarrassment of having been caught.

The doodle was very simple, really. Chanyeol's red pen had run out of ink half way through the drawing, so some parts of it were faded, but it was a cheesy drawing of a heart. And inside that heart had been the names "BAEKHYUN + CHANYEOL". 

D...don't give anything away! Baekhyun wanted to shout at him.

Baek would've playfully slapped Chanyeol again had they not been in class at that moment. Instead, he waits for their classes to end, and allows the day to end somewhat peacefully. Baekhyun has the day off from the bookshop so he goes back to his dorm room, which he also happens to share with Chanyeol as well. That was a setup by their parents, who didn't want them to be lonely at college. They were completely unaware of Baekhyun and Chanyeol's relationship.

Baekhyun changes into a light t-shirt and jeans, and puts on a baseball cap. He knows that Chanyeol would be at the bakery right now, with his white apron tied around his slim waist, helping out behind the counter. There'd be a small crowd of girls around him, as usual, and maybe he'd throw a few smiles at them.

But all his real smiles are for Baekhyun.

Baekhyun walks into the small bakery and breathes in the smell of fresh bread and sugary cakes. A bell rings as pushes the door open. There are small groups of girls at the tables and they all turn to look at the newcomer. They're immediately mesmerized by his looks; his cute face, bright eyes, his natural smile. It's a petit place, a few tables by the windows and a little chalkboard stand that shows off all the cute cakes and pastries on a neat menu. Baekhyun would have loved the place even if Chanyeol wasn't working there.

Chanyeol spots Baekhyun walk in and he looks over at his manager, who works alongside him in the store. His manager looks at him, and Chanyeol gives him a signal with his hand. The manager nods with a small smile on his face. Chanyeol takes off the white apron and jumps around the corner of the register counter.

He takes Baekhyun's hand and leads him to a table that's almost completely cut off from the rest of the bakery. He points to the chair closest to the window. "Sit." He commands, and Baekhyun sits. Chanyeol runs off again, and Baekhyun fidgets there awkwardly, fully aware of all the eyes that are on him. He doesn't realize that the girls think he's handsome, not strange.

Chanyeol comes back with two small chocolate cakes on little plates and cute little forks to match. He sets one in front of Baekhyun and one in front of the chair opposite him, then sits down across from his hyung.

Chanyeol gives Baekhyun one of his famous smiles and gestures at the cake. "Eat. Try it."

Baekhyun takes a small bite with the fork and instantly smiles. "It's really good! Is it a new product?" 

Chanyeol chuckles and his cheeks turn pink. "No...I, uh. I made it." A shy smile. 

Baekhyun freezes. "You made it? But it's so good! I thought you were an awful cook..."

Laughing, he replies with, "Just keep eating..."

He takes another bite of the chocolate cake and lets the sweet flavor sit in his mouth. "It's really sweet."

He looks up at Chanyeol, who stares back at him. Chanyeol looks around for a second, to make sure no one can see them. When he's sure no one's watching, he looks back at Baekhyun. He keeps his gaze, then leans forward. Is there something on my face? Baekhyun thinks to himself. He reaches a finger up to wipe his mouth slowly, but Chanyeol stops him and grabs hold of that hand. He keeps leaning forward...

...and he frosting off of the corner of Baekhyun's lips.

Chanyeol sits back down and smirks. "Not as sweet as you."