The Cottage

illicit love

   Leo walked through the opening towards the house. It was a small one story brick cottage with vines growing up its sides. The front yard was overgrown and encompassed the whole area stretching back towards the beach behind the house. A dock started where the grass and sand met stretching out some ways into the ocean. A narrow pebble pathway led from the small opening in the rock wall to the front of the house. When the pair reached the front of the house Leo put Hongbin down and knocked on the door.

"Knock harder," Hongbin said.

   Leo knocked harder. No one answered. He tried the door knob. The door opened easily. Leo looked down at Hongbin. Hongbin noddded.

"Lets go," Hongbin said.

   Leo picked Hongbin up and walked him through the threshold bridal style. This brought color to Hongbin's face. The furniture was covered with white sheets and a layer of dust covered everything. Leo cleared a couch and put Hongbin down.

"I'll go check out the other rooms," Leo said.

"No!... Don't leave me alone," Hongbin said.

   Leo stared at Hongbin for awhile. 'He must still be scared,' Leo thought.

"Ok," Leo said.

   He put Hongbin on his back and carried him around the small cottage. Connected to the living room was a quaint little kitchen with all of the up to date appliances in it and granite counters. It opened up to a small dining area for two. To the right was a mahogany door that led to the only bedroom of the house which had a bathroom inside. In the center of the room was a queen sized canopy bed without sheets. On the far wall stood a large mahogany dresser with a mirror. A trunk sat at the foot of the bed. A closet was on the wall opposite the dresser. The house was set up where every room was conected in an open cuircut except for the bedroom. Leo walked them back to the living room and put Hongbin down.

"What do you want to do first?" Leo asked.

   Hongbin's stomach growled

"Food," Leo said.

  Leo bent to pick Hongbin up again.

"I think I can walk. You don't have to keep picking me up," Hongbin said, already starting to regret it.

"Oh.... ok," Leo said.

   Leo helped Hongbin to the kitchen and led him to the table. Leo started to rummage through the pantry and came up with a couple cans of soup. Leo made busy in the kitchen fixing soup while Hongbin sat and admired Leo.

'No matter how hard I try I can't stop thinking about Leo and feeling what I feel about him,' Hongbin thought.

   Leo came to the table with two bowls of soup and sat down facing Hongbin. They fell upon the soup with vigor. When they finished they sat in silence for a while.

"It's getting dark. Go see if there is any power," Hongbin said.

"Are you sure you want me to leave you alone?" Leo asked

"I'm ok now," Hongbin said.

   Leo walked around the house looking for a power box. He told Hongbin he couldn't find anything so he was going to look around the outside of the house. Leo went around the back and found the generator. He attempted to turn it on but it wouldn't start. He gave the generator a good crank and it still wouldn't turn on. He got angry and kicked it stubbing his toe in the process. The generator finally . Leo walked back in the house to find the power on and Hongbin limping around the living room cleaning.

"What are you doing? This isn't our place we aren't staying here long," Leo said.

"How do you know?" Hongbin asked. "Exactly! You don't, so lets just make the best of our situation. We can always put things back to the way they were," Hongbin said cutting Leo off before he could say anything.

   Leo and Hongbin tidied up the house in comfortable silence. When they finished they headed to the bedroom and made the bed with the linens in the closet and pillows from the trunk.

"Finally finished!" Hongbin exclaimed.

   Hongbin went to go plop on the bed when Leo grabbed him around the waist mid-flight.

"You are filthy you need to take a bath before you get in bed," Leo said.

"Whatever," Hongbin said.

   Leo's arm was still around Hongbin's waist when Hongbin tried to go to the bathroom. Leo pulled Hongbin back and hugged him against his chest.

"I don't know what I would have done if I had lost you. You are my closest friend," Leo said hugging Hongbin tighter.

   Hongbin's face started to heat up. He wrapped his arms around Leo and squeezed him back.

"Go take a bath," Leo said,  pushing Hongbin towards the bathroom.

   Hongbin took a long shower and cleaned every spec of dirt off himself. Hongbin exited the bathroom steam coming off his body, water running down his chest, dripping on wood the floor. Leo turned to find Hongbin , glistening in the light of the sunset. Leo swallowed hard as he took in the sight of Hongbin's body.

"Can you pass me a towel?" Hongbin asked.

"Oh yeah," Leo said passing Hongbin a towel. "I'll take a shower now,"

  Leo quickly went into the bathroom and locked the door behind him. His heart thuddung in his chest.

'Hongbin's body is gorgeous. No! Don't think such things,' Leo thought.

   Leo quickly bathed and dried himself and walked out of the bathroom. Hongbin stood in the middle of the room, his towel now wraped around his waist.

'Oh my goodness... Leo..,' Hongbin thought admiring Leo's physique.

   Leo's towel was slung low around his waist. You could see the muscles of his abs go down into a V where it vanished beneath his towel down to his nether regions. Hongbin became short of breath staring at Leo.

"We don't have any clothes," Hongbin said.

"Oh," Leo said still staring at Hongbin.

   Hongbin cleared his throat and walked over to the dresser and rummaged through the drawers. He came up with a large man's t-shirt and a black silk lingerie night gown. Hongbin turned around and held up their options.

"Which one?" Hongbin asked jokingly, his face turning red.

   Leo stared at Hongbin like he was crazy. He walked over to Hongbin and snatched the t-shirt from his hand. Hongbin was left staring at the night gown in disbelief.

"Well... Put it on," Leo said as he was putting on the shirt.

   Hongbin turned crimson staring at Leo then back at the night gown. Leo went out to turn off the lights around the house then came back and got under the covers. Hongbin still stood in the middle of the floor staring at the night gown. Leo got up, walked over to Hongbin and yanked off his towel. Hongbin gasped and tried to cover himself. Leo snatched the night gown and put it over Hongbin's head and pulled it down his body. Hongbin looked away from Leo embarrassed. Leo gripped Hongbin's face and made Hongbin look at him. Hongbin stared at Leo's face as Leo's eyes raked over Hongbin's body. Hongbin flushed at Leo's actions. Hongbin jerked his face out of Leo's grip.

"Let's go to sleep," Hongbin said.

   Hongbin tried to walk away but he tripped and began to fall. Leo caught him just before he hit the floor. Leo brought Hongbin to his chest. Their hearts beating to the same thunderous rhythm.

'No one would know what we did out here but us,' Leo thought.

'Does Leo feel what I feel. Should we take this further?' Hongbin thought.

   Leo broke contact with Hongbin first, walking over to the closet taking out a blanket.

"I think it would be best if you had the bed to yourself," Leo said.

   Leo walked out of the room and turned off the light leaving Hongbin standing in the dark staring after Leo dazed.