The Island

illicit love

   The clouds started to depart as the sun started to rise. The sun streamed down on Leo and Hongbin as they slept in the sand. Hongbin felt heat on his face where the sun hit him. He tried to shift away but a weight on his body kept him from moving. He opened his eyes to find a head of jet black hair resting in the crook of his neck. He shifted his head around to get a better look at the person sleeping on him. Leo shifted and wrapped his arms around Hongbin. This put Hongbin's face a few inches from Leo's. Hongbin stared at Leo's face for a while admiring his features. Leo's sharp jaw. His long eye lashes. Then his gaze rested on Leo's lips. Hongbin was mesmerized by how pink and soft they looked. Leo subconciously puckered his lips. Hongbin's heart began to thud. Hongbin inched closer to Leo's lips. Hongbin could feel Leo's breath fan over his face as he slept peacefully. Hongbin stopped himself.

'What's wrong with me?' Hongbin thought.

   Leo shifted making it so he was completely on top of Hongbin. Hongbin froze. He could feel every part of Leo. The rise and fall of his chest as he breathed. The muscles in his body. His warmth. Hongbin turned his head to face Leo. Hongbin's eyes widened as his lips met Leo's. He reveled in the feel of Leo's lips against his. They felt softer than he imagined, as if he were kissing silk. Leo's eyes widend when he woke up and saw Hongbin kissing him. Leo felt strange.

'Why does this feel so good' Leo thought.

   Leo jerked back, shocked more at what he thought than of Hongbin kissing him. Hongbin backed away as well, too surprised by his actions to apologize. 

"What are you doing?" Leo asked.

"I..... I don't know," Hongbin replied.

  Hongbin looked away from Leo and took in his surroundings. Everything came crashing back down on him. Images flashed in is mind. The Fight. The Storm. The Wave.

"What happened? Where are we? How did we get here?" Hongbin asked.

"We drifted out to sea and I swam us here," Leo said. "Are you ok?"

"I think so... why what hapened?' Hongbin asked.

"You had no pulse... I thought I lost you," Leo said staring off into space.

   Hongbin was taken aback. Leo was always so serious, so when he said he didn't need him during their fight he thought he meant it. Leo got up and took in the scene. There was a large expanse of sand that streched all the way back to a line of trees. A few scatterd logs lay in the sand. Leo didn't know what to do.

"Stay here while i go look around," Leo said.

"No. I'm coming with you and you can't stop me," Hongbin countered.

   Leo sighed and started walking. Hongbin picked up his life jacket and followed after him. They walked the stretch of sand for what seemed like hours, then cut into the forest.

"Lets take break," Leo said after hearing Hongbin breath heavy.

"Finally," Hongbin exclaimed.

   Leo led them to a small clearing where they sat down.

"We need to find some water," Leo said.

"Where are we going to find some water?" Hongbin asked.

"Just be aware of your surroundings. You never know when you might find someting," Leo said.

   Hongbin suddenly got up and screeched. He ran over to Leo clung to him like a scared child.

"What is it?" Leo asked alert.

"IT'S A SPIDER!!" Hongbin shouted.

"Are you kidding me," Leo said.

   Leo looked down at Hongbin as he clung to his chest. Hongbin looked up at Leo and froze all fear of the spider forgotten. Their gazes locked and never wavered. Both thier minds raced with the images of their previous kiss. The leaned closer to each other, so close that their breath mingled in the little space between them. They sat like that just staring into each others eyes. Leo cleared his throat and backed away.

"Do you hear that?" Leo asked.

"Hear what?" Hongbin asked still dazed from being so close to Leo.

"It's water," Leo said.

   They got up and walked through the trees for a few moments until they came upon a small stream. They both fell upon the water thirst blocking out the rest of their senses. They drank their fill and sat back against the trees. Even though they were in and unfamiliar place and god knows how far away from home, they took a moment to take in the scenery.

"Back when we were eating breakfast why did you get mad?" Hongbin asked out of the blue.

"Is that really important right now?" Leo asked.

"It is to me. We aren't going anywhere anytime soon so we might as well pass the time," Hongbin said.

   Leo sighed heavily and grew silent for awhile.

"I wasn't angry," Leo said.

"You said that last time and look at where it got us," Hongbin said.

"Let me finish!" Leo snapped.

  Hongbin fell silent.

"I wasn't angry.... I was embarrassed at myself," Leo confessed.

   Hongbin gawked at Leo like he had three heads.

"You were embarrassed?" Hongbin asked skeptical.

"Yes. I was embarrassed at myself for being so awkward, for not being able to portray my emotions like you guys can," Leo said.

    Hongbin sat and stared at Leo.

"I'm disappointed in myself for not being as serious and hardworking as you are," Hongbin said.

    Leo stared at Hongbin now.

"You do work hard," Leo said.

   Hongbin smiled at the compliment thankful someone saw him as hard working. Leo got up and streched, looking at the sky seeing that it was getting dark.

"Let's go find a place to sleep," Leo said.

   The pair got up and walked around for a little bit until they came upon the small clearing again. The laid down in the grass side by side.

"What if we can't get off of this island," Hongbin asked his voice trembling.

"We will get off of this island. I promise," Leo said. "Now get some sleep."

   They both turned to look at the stars.

'What if we can't get off of this Island?' Leo thought.