Scare

illicit love

   Leo awoke to the feel of waves slapping against his face. He quickly regained conciousness as the horrifying memories of what happened flooded his brain. There was a tug on his chest. Hongbin floated in the water listless, his head bobbing underneath the surface.

"NO! NO! NO!" Leo shouted.

   Leo scooped Hongbin up against his chest and craddled his head. Hongbin lied limp in Leo's arms. Leo roughly shook Hongbin but to no avail Hongbin didn't regain conciousness. He frantically searched his surroundings for anything that could help him. He could barely see hongbin for it was pitch black with the exception of a few stars in the sky. He spotted a black shape to his right. He began to swim for it with all of his might. Whatever it was, he needed to get Hongbin out of the water. Hongbin lay on Leo's chest as he swam backwards to the shape. The mound grew larger and larger. To Leo's immense relief it was an island. They finally reached the island. Leo quickly untied Hongbin and carried him up the sand away from the water. He collapsed in the sand, Hongbin still in his arms. He checked Hongbin's pulse. There wasn't one. Leo frantically performed CPR on Hongbin. Hongbin didn't respond.

"NO!!" Leo screamed, tears streaming down his face.

  Leo continued to pump Hongbin's chest. He still didn't respond.

"PLEASE!! DON'T LEAVE ME!!" Leo yelled.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Hongbin dreamt that he was floating in pure white clouds. There was a gold light shining between the clouds. Everything had a golden glow, even himself. He was weightless and everything seemed calm.

'But why am I here?' Hongbin thought.

  Something tugged at the edge of his conciousness.

'No this is wrong I shouldn't be here' he thought, 'But what is it.'

"HONGBIN!!!"

'Who was that' Hongbin thought.

"DON'T LEAVE ME!!"

'Leo?' Hongbin thought, 'Wait who is that?'

  The glow faded and the clouds turned gray. Lightning flashed and the wind whipped around Hongbin. Hongbin began to fall. The clouds rushed past him in a blurr. He fell for what seemed like an eternity. Hongbin finally hit the ground and everything went black. Pain was all he felt. The most prominent was the pain he felt in his chest. Ever so often there was a pressure on his lips. It wasn't unpleasant but it was strange. Hongbin felt a burning sensation in his lungs.

'I NEED TO BREATH!' Hongbin thought.

   Hongbin started to cough. Burning liquid passed through his mouth and nose. Spots of light appeared in his vision. Hongbin's eyes fluttered open. He saw an angel hovering over him whose face was framed by stars.

'Beautiful,' Hongbin thought as he reached up and cupped the angel's face.

Hongbin out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

   Leo continued to perform CPR on Hongbin. He was sobbing so hard that he could barely see. He heard a cough.

"HONGBIN!!" Leo sobbed in relief.

   Hongbin coughed up what seemed like buckets of water. Leo turned him on his side to get all of the water. When he finished he turned Hongbin on his back and propped Hongbin's head up on his life jacket. Hongbin's eyes opened and he stared at Leo in awe. Leo gazed at Hongbin through his tears. Leo heard Hongbin whisper something. It sounded like beautiful. Hongbin weakly reached his hand up and cupped Leo's cheek. Leo's heart thudded in his chest. 'Was it relief that Hongbin was alive or something else?' Leo thought. Leo shook is head and shoved that thought into the recesses of his mind. Hongbin fainted. Leo checked his pulse. He was still breathing. All of the adrenaline that kept Leo going left his body and he suddenly felt exhausted. All that mattered to Leo at that moment was that Hongbin was alive. Then Leo passed out.