Chapter 4 | Another Chance at 'Us'

Dragon Tattoo

Kim Myungsoo.

He was the reason behind your pain. He was the reason behind your coldness. He was the reason behind your locked up heart. The plain sight of him sent all the memories flashing across your mind as you stood there staring at him with widened eyes and a slightly opened mouth.

Shinee were not that far behind. Upon seeing Myungsoo’s presence, their eyes turned cold as they sent daggers directly towards him. They knew how much pain he had put you through and it was safe to conclude that they hated him to no end; even more than they hated Hye Sung.

“What are you doing here?” Jonghyun asked, his cold eyes penetrating Myungsoo’s.

Unfazed, Myungsoo replied, “I’m here to talk to Min Soo.”

Key scoffed. “And why would you want to do that?”

“Because I want her back.” Myungsoo replied bluntly. He attempted to meet your eyes but with your gaze focussed on the floor, it was hard for him to do so.

Upon hearing his answer, the whole of Shinee stared at him in disbelief and anger.

“Look, we’re giving you a chance to walk away and never come back. You better take that chance before we lose our temper.” Onew said.

Myungsoo wasn’t affected by his threat. Even though he knew just who they were, he wasn’t afraid of them. He had one goal at that point of time and that was to get you back. He wasn’t planning on backing out just yet. Standing his ground, Myungsoo returned their hard gaze. Their hands were curled up into tight fists as they resisted every urge to plummet his face.

Being the hot-headed guy he was, Minho could not hold back his anger for long. Instead of landing his fist on Myungsoo’s face, which he was sure the rest of Shinee would approve of, Minho grabbed Myungsoo by his collar.

“You’ve already hurt her so many times and now you want her back?” Minho scoffed. “Do you think she’s that easy?”

Before Myungsoo was given the chance to reply, you spoke.

“Oppa.” Thinking that you were referring to him, Myungsoo turned to you with a hopeful smile but upon seeing your gaze directed at Minho, his smile drooped and he knew it was too good to be true. Meanwhile, Minho was looking at you, questioning your purpose of calling him. Truth be told, you knew that if you hadn’t done so, Minho would have probably plummeted Myungsoo’s face with Minho’s fist and you didn’t want the whole situation to turn into a fight.

“Let Myungsoo go.” You said. Hesitantly, he did as he was told and took a step back to join the rest of Shinee. Everything was silent for the slightest moment as everyone was lost in their own thoughts. Finally breaking the silence, you turned towards Shinee as they met your eyes.

“You guys can go in first. I’ll…” you paused and shifted your gaze towards Myungsoo momentarily before looking at Shinee once again, “be out here with Myungsoo for a while.”

The six of them frowned in disapproval as Myungsoo silently smirked in victory, thinking he could win you over once more. Knowing the kind of thoughts lingering in their heads, you gave them the look that conveyed the message ‘I’ll be okay’ and nodded towards the door with a straight face. Slowly, they shuffled into the house even though all they wanted to do was to shove Myungsoo into a nearby river.

The moment he heard the door of the house close, Su Ha went out of his room and stood at the top of the stairway while looking down at the six men who had just entered the house. His pair of eyes searched for that one figure only to realise that she wasn’t with them.

“Where’s Min Soo?” Su Ha asked as he made his way down the stairs.

“She’s outside.” Jonghyun said. Su Ha raised a brow.

“What is she doing outside?” Su Ha asked as the room grew quiet. Taking this as a bad sign, Su Ha made his way to the door, only to be stopped by Onew.

“Hyung, don’t. Let her deal with him on her own.” With that said, Su Ha knew well enough of who Onew was referring to.

Kim Myungsoo.

The guy Su Ha hated to the core.

♦♦♦♦♦

“Why are you here Myungsoo?” you said, meeting his eyes with a hard gaze. Closing the distance between the both of you, Myungsoo curled a strand of your hair behind your ear and placed his hand on your cheek, it with his thumb.

“I miss you.” He said with a gentle smile. The smile that managed to make you fall head over heels in love with him each time it made its way across his face. Unfortunately, those days were over. His smile no longer had an effect on you. At least, that was what you often told yourself. Getting out of his grip, you formed a gap between the two of you and folded your arms.

“Go home Myungsoo.” You said with an exhausted tone. You were tired of his games.

“No.” he said firmly. “I came here to talk to you.”

“There is nothing to talk about, Myungsoo. Please, just go home.” You said, barely meeting his eyes as once again, your gaze fell upon the hardwood floor.

“What about us?” he questioned. Right at that moment, your head snapped up as you glared at him.

“Us?” you repeated. “There is no ‘us’ anymore. ‘Us’ ended the day you decided to cheat on me again.”

You smiled bitterly. “Was there even an ‘us’ in the first place?”

“Fine, I admit. I made a mistake,” he paused and took your hand, “but just give me one more chance. I’ll promise to never make the same mistakes again.”

You scoffed and pulled your hand away from his grip. “Give you another chance? I gave you three chances and each time, you only disappointed me.”

Within a second, your demeanour changed as you looked at him with saddened eyes.

“Don’t make promises you can’t keep, Myungsoo.” You said, leaving him speechless.

“Go home, Myungsoo. Please. You’re only wasting both of our time.” You said as you made your way towards the door. Just as you were about to reach for the knob, he held onto your wrist and spun you around to face him.

“Look me in the eyes and tell me that you don’t love me. I’ll give up after that.” He said even though deep down, he hoped that you’d say the exact opposite. He couldn’t deny the fact that he still loved you and maybe…maybe you couldn’t either.

Looking him right in the eyes, you forced out your voice as you said those painful words. “I don’t love you.”

With that said, his grip loosened and you took that as a chance to retrieve your hand. Once you had done so, you turned away and entered the house without even the slightest action of turning back. As you cried silently with your back against the door and your face buried in Su Ha’s chest while the others looked on with saddened eyes, Myungsoo stood on the other side of the door with his head hung low. Tears were slowly trickling down his cheeks as he felt an overwhelming amount of regret for the pain he had put you through throughout the years the two of you were together.

Turning away slowly, he made it a point to walk away with a slow pace in hopes that you would open the door and come running to him.

You never did.

♦♦♦♦♦

You woke up in the middle of the night to find yourself in bed. Sitting up, you rubbed your eyes and blinked multiple times so that your vision would be clearer. Scanning the dark room, you frowned as your eyes fell upon a still figure on the floor. Switching on the lamp placed on your bedside table, the figure’s identity was finally revealed.

Su Ha.

You smiled to yourself upon figuring out that he was probably the one to carry you up to your room. Rolling over to the side of your bed, you reached out your hand and slowly woke him up. It didn’t take long before his eyes fluttered open as a smile made its way upon his lips the moment he saw you.

“Oh, you’re awake.” He said before sitting up and doing some stretches. You could tell that his back was hurting by the way he did his stretches ever so slowly. You felt guilty, seeing that he had nothing but a pillow to sleep on.

“Why were you sleeping on the floor?” you asked.

Turning to you, he smiled. “I didn’t want to leave you alone. Not after what happened earlier on.”

Getting out of your bed covers, you sat by the side of your bed and patted the empty spot next to you. Getting the message, he stood up and sat down next to you.

“I’m sorry for troubling you. I mean, you had nothing but a pillow to sleep on.” You said, looking at the pillow on the floor.

“You’re not troubling me. Besides, I’m fully comfortable with sleeping on just a pillow.” You looked up with a raised eyebrow and smiled.

“Liar.” You stated as a soft chuckle escaped his mouth.  The room grew quiet for a moment as your mind replayed the scene from earlier on. Without realising it, your head was hung low as you did so. Throughout that moment, Su Ha had been watching you and knew exactly what was running through your mind. He knew you still loved Myungsoo.

“You still love him, don’t you?” he asked even though he already knew the answer. Looking up to meet his eyes, you lightly nodded as he took you into his arms once. Finding comfort in his embrace, you let out a deep sigh as you tried your best not to cry. You hated crying. It showed your weak side, something you always made sure to hide.

“I was doing fine before he appeared in front of me again. Why did he even do that? Why appear after he had been missing from my life for so long?” your voice was muffled against his chest but he could still make out your words.

I’m sorry Min-ah. I was too late today. You got to him first.


Why does Su Ha despise Myungsoo? What do you think Su Ha meant with that last thought of his? Also, why is Myungsoo so protective over Min Soo? Is it due to his personality or is there another reason behind it?

Till the next chapter~ Be prepared for some action going on guys ;)

-Dian a.k.a Octy08

P.S. Let me know if you want to know how her tattoo looks like and I'll put it up in the A/N of the next chapter. 

P.P.S. Comment, Subscribe and Upvote :)