Chapter 5 | Hey There, Tiger

Dragon Tattoo

 

From Taemin:

Yah! Where are you? You’re late for our sparring session!

 

To Taemin:

Chill TaeTae, I went to the mart to get ice cream. I’ll be home real soon.

 

From Taemin:

You little twerp. I told you to never call me that. Hurry up! I’ve been waiting for the past half an hour!

 

You chuckled to yourself upon reading his text and stuffed your phone into the front pocket of your jeans without replying him. Making your way towards home, you stopped in your tracks upon hearing a low groan coming from an alley, followed by a chorused laughter. Turning towards the alley, you saw the backs of five figures surrounding something.

Or someone.

Squinting, you could barely make out the body of another figure cornered against the wall.

Completely oblivious to your presence, one of them landed another punch on their victim’s stomach.

“You stepped into our territory. It’s only fair for you to receive a beating.” One said and you could imagine the sly smirk on his face. You furrowed your brows and took a look at the alley.

Hm, I don’t remember this area being anyone’s territory. When did that change?

Taking one last look at your ice cream which was half eaten, you went towards a nearby bin and threw it in. Your appetite was completely lost. The ice cream was starting to melt anyways. Making sure no one was watching, you quickly wore your mask, which you carried around with you everywhere you went, and tied up your hair into a bun.

Stepping out of your hiding spot, you crossed your arms and said, “Let him go.”

Upon hearing your voice, the five of them stopped what they were doing and turned around. Scrutinizing you, they stepped away from their victim and approached you.

“Oh look, a girl’s trying to be a hero.” You heard one of them say as he smirked. Scanning their faces, you came across the last one and immediately recognised who he was.

It’s the guy from the restaurant. That ignorant jerk.

You tilted your head slightly as the corner of your mouth rose slightly.

Okay, now it’s personal.

Noticing that you were staring at him a second too long, Lee Joon said, “Hey guys. I think this chick has a thing for me.”

The smugness in his tone annoyed you as the rest of the gang laughed at his comment.

“Sorry to disappoint you Hun, but this guy doesn’t go for girls in masks who go around trying to be the hero.” One of them said and slowly approached you with a naughty smirk. “I wouldn’t mind considering it though.”

“Good one, Mir!” the rest hollered as you scoffed.

 “Sorry but I don’t go for egoistic guys like you.”

Backing away slowly with his arms rose in mid-air, the guy whom they referred to as Mir said, “Woah, it looks like we’ve got ourselves a tiger right here.”

While the others were laughing, you smirked and said, “You know, you should really stop underestimating me.”

Pausing, you waited until their full attention was on you before you continued. “Because this tiger has yet to show you her claws.”

Getting into a fighting stance, you gestured for them to attack; a smirk lingering upon your lips.

“You’re making a big mistake, sweetheart.” One of them, whom you assumed was their leader, spoke.

“Was that supposed to be a threat? Because it had no effect on me.” you said.

“You have no idea who you’re messing with.” Another said.

You have no idea who you’re messing with. You thought.

Throughout that period of time, Lee Joon was observing you. His head tilted to the side as his brows furrowed.

That mask. Where have I seen it before?

“We’re giving you one more chance to go on your way. You should take it.” Mir said but you stood your ground. Your eyes darted towards their victim, who looked half-conscious. You weren’t sure whether he knew what was going on but it appeared as though he did. Shifting your gaze towards the five guys, you prepared yourself for a fight; something you haven’t been involved in for quite a while.

Being the first opponent, Mir ran towards you with great speed. The moment he was near enough, he threw a punch towards your face only to have his fist stopped by your hand as you slowly squeezed his fist with increasing strength. Feeling the pain surging through his arm, Mir groaned and let his guard down. Seeing that he was mildly distracted, you spun him around and pinned his arm behind his back.

With your free hand, you applied pressure on the spot behind his ear, knocking him unconscious as you whispered, “Enjoy your sleep.”

Seeing you knock Mir out with that simple technique surprised the remaining four. They underestimated you and they knew it. You were a far bigger threat than they had made you out to be. Not letting that shake them up, one of them attempted to do a sneak attack on you but your reflexes were fast. Your instincts worked to your advantage as you sensed his nearing presence.

He attempted a high kick, thinking it’d get you hit but instead, he only made things easier for you as you kicked at his inner thighs and sent him to the ground, groaning in pain as he clutched his thighs. Seeing their second youngest member down, the remaining three hesitated for a second. However, their ego was high enough for them to shrug away that hesitation.

The third guy decided to try his luck and attempted to strike you from below. He swooped to the ground and swung his leg out, aiming to trip you but since you were able to predict that move of his, you simply jumped just as his leg was about to make contact with yours. By the time he had completed the 360 degree turn, he was groaning in pain on the floor as you kicked him at his shoulder blade. You didn’t kick too hard though. You were fully capable of breaking his shoulder blade but you chose not to. There was no need to anyways.

Then there were two, the assumed leader and the ignorant jerk. As both of them made eye contact with one another, they exchanged a nod. Waiting for your next opponent - who you were hoping was the assumed leader since you wanted to save the ignorant jerk for last - you raised an eyebrow at their exchange. As they both turned to you, the assumed leader approached you but instead of running like the previous three, he chose to slow down his pace.

You knew something was up.

Right at that moment, you saw the gleam of a blade.


A/N: How does Min Soo know which territory belongs to who? Why is it that Lee Joon finds her familiar? He hasn't met her before. Or has he? Also, what do you think the leader's going to do?

To those of you who are curious, this is what her tattoo looks like but it's red in colour.