One Birthday.

One Day Series

Minho was still being a spoiled baby when he suddenly came the night before his birthday without texting me first. Well, after what happened to me and Cho, he usually will inform me if he wants to come, but that time, it was just like what he used to do before; comes up whenever he wants.

With his favorite brown bag that looks heavier than usual, he appeared to my door, doesn't need to call me because he's just using the password key he knew by heart.

"I didn't know you would come." I said as I gave him a peck before he's just walk to put his bag on the sofa.

Despite having this child-like grin on his face, he looks tired, of course, he's just finished the filming of one tv show that.. That EunSeo-sshi also appeared. But then again, I think it's not the time for worrying about that.

"What did you tell Manager Oppa this time?" That's why I ask Minho this question when he took off his coat and sweater. It's already freezing here in Seoul.

Somehow, Onew's words caught my attention as he said that Minho and I should be cautious more also not to let our guard down only because the Managers dont seem to show any curiousity up until this very moment.

The Leader was right, sometimes when things happened to be so smooth just like what we want, we tend to turn down our alert. And learnt from my experience, in example the IHOP incident with Baby, I don't want to lose again to comfortness.

"Tomorrow I attend the class so.. Yeah, I said to Manager Hyung that I will stay on Minseok Hyung's place." Minho answered as he opens his bag. So that's why he already brought the books, too.

His older brother's place is relatively near his campus, and recently he did stay there every once in a while, especially before test or exam day so it's not really fully a lie.

"That's it? And Manager Oppa bought your words?" My reply is a little bit too much for Minho to handle since he's turning his back to me and frowning.

"Yes, he acts like usual. Why, you're not happy to see me?" He changed the subject for a second, "The towel is in the bathroom, right?"

Oh stop being so cheeky. I nodded to his question as we're talking about his towel he left here in my place. Then I answered, "No.. It's just that... This seems too easy, and we should know better that Oppa is a smart guy."

He caught the collar of his shirt from the front as he bent down a bit so he can pulled it off over his head just with one pull. As he scratched his messy hair after that he continued, "You're right, but it's not like I went here everyday. Usually I only came once a week, and most of it, Manager Hyung doesn't even know that I was out for the night."

"Even Jjong didn't do this." I mumbled when I closed all the lid of plastic boxes of kimchi before I took them to the fridge.

Minho just laughs, "It's only because his girlfriend is an idol too, and damn Managers of girlgroup are very scary. Yeah, poor Jonghyun Hyungie."

I shot a glare to Minho so he stopped his laugh as he knows I was being serious and feel worried on the same time. Then he said, "My bad." to apologize.

"Can we pause this important conversation? I ran when I came down here and you might don't want to hug me right now." Minho gave me his begging smile but doesn't even wait to hear my answer and just walk to the bathroom. Well, it's not like I would let him freezing without any shirt on for too long either, so I just let him and didn't say anything.

Besides, when he came earlier, I caught the tiredness from him, and.. I don't know, he does seem like he got something on his mind he didn't tell me. Well, maybe he wanted to, but I already bombarded him with questions related to Manager Oppa. So now I feel kinda sorry for him.

Not to mention, tomorrow is his birthday. Why shouldn't I be a little bit more welcoming, or at least, just as usual? I sighed. Damn this secret relationship.

I actually haven't prepared a gift, but I already talked to Baby Taem for a plan we can do on making a small celebration of his Hyung's birthday.

Well, I could be on a jealous state or small insecurity does took over my head right now, but.. I don't think it's fair to Minho if I just ignore his day only because of what I feel. He, himself doesn't do anything that wrong.

So then I just walk to the couch and continue to work on my designs -no, it's not related to the boys' wardrobe, it's just something I work for also under my Boss' order-, and kept sketching even when I heard the shower was turned off.

With the pencil still on my fingers and the draw doesn't stop, actually my mind wanders, could I mention to Minho about my insecurity? But it's based on nothing concrite he might think I was overly sensitive.

Even he was surprised because I said it was okay about the issue of him and Boa back then. Or.. Any 'other women around him' issues that should make the girlfriend of him shuddered in curiosity and madness.

Most girls would be jealous over younger girls, but I'm not really into age issue about this. Because aside from the fact that Eunseo-sshi is older than me, and the fact that Minho does seems to attracted more to women over his age, I don't really care. I mean, I have seen many girls around Minho with various difference birth years.

So why now? Why her, that gorgeous rookie actress? It's just a role as a partner in a tv show, for God's sake, I kept telling myself.

Although.. Yes, maybe it's because the admiration I caught on Minho's eyes that I've never seen before. Well, I do have seen it from time to time, in certain moments, and those were when he looked at me, as I'm his girlfriend.

That's why, ... Is he supposed to have that look to another woman?

I sighed. I was doomed and drown in my own sea of jealousy, with reasons that as vague as I can't even explain to my logical mind, with feelings that stays unclear as I can't even share it to anyone.

Especially to Minho himself. Why? Call me idiot, but... As he always praised me on how I can stay with a cool-head facing an issue related to both of us coming from the outside world, like rumors or else, and as he told me how lucky he is to have someone like me,... I was too scared that I can lose him if I lost my coolness. If I became eaten by my own dark thoughts and turn into a different person from the usual Noona that he knew until now.

Maybe I was too confident thinking that I wouldn't get jealous over anyone because I realized it's ridiculous if I act like a protective girlfriend while I'm dating a celebrity. And also because I think I'm way more mature right now, compare to when I dated HaeJin, my ex who is an actor.

But what I should know better is.. Sometimes you can't stop yourself from your own feelings. No matter how hard your brain tried to shut it down.

No matter how I tried not to think about it whenever I look at Minho's eyes.

Oh, for God's sake, it's really nothing! Minho might just mesmerized because she is so beautiful. I shook my head in silence when I heard the door is opened. Steam comes from inside the shower and spreading through the small living room. Then Minho stepped outside as he used the towel to dry his black hair that has grow longer than Lucifer days. He's wearing a pair of blue trunks and his shirt is still on his left hand.

"So.. Where were we when I left?" He started the conversation, "Onew Hyung might be the one who makes you think about Manager Hyung, right, Noona? I know, first he discussed it with me too."

I looked up and I put down my pencil. "He took his role as the Leader so well, Onew-sshi. He acts like he should."

Minho nodded, "That's why I'm so thankful of him. But this is my relationship with you, so better if it's me who take a full responsibility on it, well, with a little help from my Leader when it's necessary."

He reached out to take the sketchbook in my lap, and then take the pencil off of my hand before he put them on the coffee table in front of me.

"But for now as I have a cover, at least for tonight, thanks to tomorrow's class.. And my Hyung too, I really just want to get rest without thinking about anything." He took my hand,"And tomorrow is December 9th! I'm already adult but let's being childish only for a day, I don't want to think about anything."

Just with one pull, he got me up to my feet, standing face to face with him. Gave him a smile, I took the towel that clung to his bare-shoulder and rubbed it slowly to his hair, "You can always use the hairdryer, you know."

He chuckled as he might think that I acted as if this is the first time he stays over in my place. "Like I would catch a cold just because I didn't dry my hair before I get to sleep. I'm not Kibum."

But then what's funny is he does sneeze after he finished the word!

"See? Things happened like usual, but doesn't mean it's not gonna happen in a different way every once in a while." I said as I smiled to him after he turned himself to me again because he shifted a little bit before he sneezed earlier.

"I bet it's just because there's someone talking about me." He smirked.

Yeah? And who it is?- dammit, why I sounded jealous again.

"I think it's just because you're still like a baby who ran out from the shower without putting a shirt on." I poked my finger to his barechest.

"Baby!? Why did you still bring Taeminnie into this kind of moment, huh?" Minho lifted both of his eyebrows in surprise.

I replied shortly, "Stupid."

"But you," He poked me back on my shoulder,"like this stupid guy."Although then his touch lingering and doesn't take his hand from me.

"Because I will be stupid too if I can resist you." I said as then I laugh because of my own joke, "Although soon I have to share this kind of view to all of your girls because of your solo performance."

His girls that I meant is his fans.After he heard what I said, he locked me using his arms tightly wrapped around me in sudden.

"You gave me the wardrobe so you know how much they can see. Not that much, right?" He smirked at me.

Well, yeah, I have seen way lot more that whay he will show on his solo at the concert.

"Double stuuupid." I mocked him again but cannot do much because my arms are stuck on my side as he still embraced me tightly.

And now his reply is also doubled as he replied as cheesy as Minho usually can be, "But you love this double stupid guy."

I chuckled but from his arms like that, I released myself and then I put both my hands of his cheek as I tiptoed to kiss his forehead.

I hope nobody died of sickness because of our cheesy nature and cheekiness towards each other. We're not always like this, just every once in a while when we feel like it.

He seems to be pleased as I saw him smiling while I rested my hand on his barechest again.

"You're cold, Minho." Because I can feel the warmth on his skin slowly has replaced by coolness, maybe because of the air inside the room is a bit chill as now we stands quite far from the small heater.

"I bet you haven't turned the heater inside the bedroom either." He rested his forehead onto mine.

I gave him a silly face because I realized he's right. I forgot and my room must be so cold right now. And he's smiling as he laughs at my forgetful self.

"Noona I know; someone who forgot her Boss' birthday she even needs Shinee to put her name on the card along with the group's present." He mocked me about that one thing happened back then when he asked me out for the first time.

"Yaaa!" I protested and he released his arms while his laugh became louder.

I want to walk to the bedroom to turn the heater but Minho caught my hand, "Where do you want to run?"

"The heater, silly." I chuckled, "Or you planning to sleep in the froze?"

But as I stared at him, oh I know the look. Then I said, "What? Trying to seduce me and that's why you're still kept the shirt on your hand?"

"So you do got seduced by this." He replied nonchalantly as he pointed himself.

"Really, this kid." I smacked his head playfully.

He puts both of his hand on my shoulder and then runs them down to my arms, my elbow, until it reaches my hands and then he took them to clung it to his shoulder. Then he just rested his hands on my waist before he pulled me close to him.

I'm not that short for a Korean, but I felt so tiny compare to him, especially right now. Although he never fails to make me feel somehow secured in his arms, no matter in what kind of situation we are. We're just staying like that as I'm playing with the chain on the back of his neck.

"I forgot to take it off on the shower, I hope it's okay to soak it in the water." He commented with still looking at each other's eyes.

What he's wearing i's actually a plain chain of necklace I gave him since he mentioned that he couldn't wear the couple ring that often, so then he hung it there with the necklace and just hide it behind his shirt wherever he goes.

"It's okay." I said with a smile, because it's stronger than silver and the material is water-proof. My fingers reached and then took it off as I always thought that a necklace can harm you when you sleep. I bent down to put it on the coffee table beside me. Then facing him again, I said, "You can have that back when you wake up tomorrow. You don't need the ring when you're with me, right?"

"But don't think you can give it back and say that is my birthday present." He pretends to threathen me.

"Shoot. My plan was ruined. Am I really that obvious?" I joked back at him.

He doesn't answer me right away, but then he lifted me without any difficulty like I was a child. I rounded my legs around his waist as his arms supported me.

His eyes tells all. The tireness I caught from before has changed into another stare, asking for something. I gave him a long kiss on the lips as my answer to that. My white shirt is so loose, that's why the right sleeves has dropped easily and my shoulder is exposed down to my upper arm

I can't held my laugh because it hits my mind how Minho kept grumbling to see me wearing an off-shoulder or too-loose sabrina top during my work. But obviously, his opinion would change into the opposite whenever I wear something like that when there's only just the two of us. I know that he actually likes it so much. That's why I often wears it, even when I'm working. Yes, I'm being as mischievous as I just want to somehow.

During he's walking to my bedroom as I'm still lifted in his arms, he buried his head on the crook of my neck, kissing my skin there as and when he stopped in front of the door, I already know that tomorrow I should wear which blouse to hide his work.

But who am I kidding, he's way too good for my sake, I'm not complaining. I open the door knob to prevent him from stopping what he's doing.

"Dammit, it is really cold in here." He mumbled without stop the kissing so I laugh between the ticklish of his warm breath, his kiss, but also his words.

"I told ya." I said as a blissful sigh slips from my lips, "Never had spent your time in here without the heater on before, hadn't you?"

"Think so. Never really care about it." He replied quickly without so much thinking as he reached something on my back.

"Well, I pretty much know why you didn't care." I still as I planted a kiss on his cheek slightly.

"Yeah, at least you're still willing to share your blanket." This time he's replying with a joke, and his hand on my back stopped, I don't know why.

"What kind of cruel person you think I am," I laugh but also slightly confused, "Or maybe you prefer I would just kick you out of the bed after-kyaah! Minho!! You-" I'm shrieking as he dropped me to the bed not as delicate as usual, but so playfully this time, and even with his weight, he also falls along with me as if he's as light as a little baby although he's still careful enough not to elbowed me.

"God, I think I just broke my ribs." I groan as rubbed my upper stomach.

His laughter broke, "Let me see it." as he used this opportunity to help me pulling out my white shirt as he gave me sign to lift my hand.

Then brushed his lips slowly on where my hand was; on my barestomach as if to check my ribs too, and as he rested his head on his hand, then staring at me, he said, "Now I assured you it's fine. Did you hurt somewhere else?"

"Yeah right, what do you want for your own pleasure." I said as I knew he might gonna do; exactly like what he did earlier.

He laughs loudly, "Fine. Tell me you didn't like it."

Well he's right, there's no way I don't like it. But I continued the act, "You and your way to ruin the mood." I chuckled and fold my hand while I'm still lying on my back.

"You say the mood is ruined?" He smirked on top of me as I get up slightly to kiss him on the lips. See? I changed my mind very easily toward him when it comes to this.

After a while the kiss become like we can't hold back our hunger, he pulled back just to catch an air to breath, then said to me, "Whoa, careful Noona. I love you too much to elbow you, but I do need to control myself not to broke you into two."

"Whatever Minho, just don't remind me that we haven't turn the heater on or you will end up sleeping without any blanket tonight." I stuck out my tongue.

"I thought we're not planning to sleep yet. But I'm not gonna let you freezing.." He said, "And as much as I love this blue lacey thing on you.." He hang his sentence as he rounded my waist and makes me arch my back as he pulled me close again.

While we locked our lips, his fingers move fast as he already succeed opening the straps on my back in no time. And just took it off of me without force but not that patient either before he toss it somewhere. For a second I was worried he would tore it. That is my favorite bra, honey.

Then he's staring at every inch of me with this look he never failed to give, from the first time for us, then in every time, even until right now. He makes me feel like.. Not I'm lucky because I was chosen by him, but it's the opposite, he makes me feel that he's happy because he's here with me. After that he looked straight into my eyes as if I'm the only thing he supposed to see in the whole world, and my mind goes blank from any troubled thoughts as if I only live for this moment.

Then as I thought he will bent down to kiss me, he actually turn away to pull the blanket to cover us. And maybe because for a split second I was like disappointed thinking that he turned away, he explained, "Just in case I can't give you enough warmth."

Dammit those cheesy words.

"Oh, shut up." I laugh as I clung my arms around his neck to pull him for a deep kiss and ready to melt into his love.

---

On the morning I wake up because of the light, but didn't open my eyes at first as I turned, wanting to seeking warmth from the one on my side only to feel an empty space and my fingers just run to a sheer sheets.

Normally it would be me who wake up first, since Minho is a heavy sleeper. So I moved and slowly open my eyes. Where the hell is he-

"You're awake?" I heard his voice as I squinted.

Minho is smiling at me, looking as handsome as usual, sitting nearly on the edge of the bed, facing me as he is fully dressed, wearing his pair of jeans and clean white shirt. In front of him, his laptop is open. And I saw a plate near the device. I even can smell hot chocolate.

What- am I still dreaming? I still pretty much feel drowsy by the sleep as I feel the chill of the air creeping on my bare skin and I realized I have nothing on me beside the blanket that cover myself but now it's only covered me up to the waist.

I shifted on the matress as I pulled the blanket to covers me up to my chest and talk to Minho as I rested my head to the pillow and closed my eyes again, "You have to leave early for the class?"

I felt that he moves closer on the matress and he kissed my upper arm, somehow I felt a bit strange as he's so neat already and I even can smell the soap scent on him, while I'm still in a morning mess.

When I open my eyes, he's sitting next to me and pull his laptop to face him, "That's what I told Manager Hyung; that I have an early morning class. But the truth is.. Not that early."

"Then surely this is not an every day view, Mr. Heavy Sleeper." I mumbled as then I forced myself to get up.

His hand caught me and pulled me in his arm. Wrapped in his closeness like this I forgot that I felt strange earlier. Rubbing my arms with his hand to make me warm, he used his free hand to continue browsing on his laptop.

I took a grip on his shirt as I buried my head on his chest. The familiar scent of him makes me calmed. He landed a kiss on top of my head and I sighed peacefully. Somehow I felt like a child, holding onto him and didn't want be apart.

After a while, I remembered that can't lazying like this because aside from the fact that Minho got no schedule and go to his campus for half of the day, I'm supposed to be working with Jjong and his ballad group. So I forced myself to get up but then I just sit dumbfoundly.

"Hm?" He asked me and a small laugh came out from him. Maybe because I pulled the blanket to covered me all up to my head so it's only my sleepy face he could see.

I looked around, then I even looked down to the floor, "Where the hell are my clothes? My bra, even my shirt..."

Minho shifted his stare to the laptop and reply with an easy shrug, "They're all dirty since I found them on the floor..... Yeah, so I put it all in the laundry closet." He hang his sentence even to make it sounds like there's an innocent tone in the way he speaks.

I throw the pillow lightly to him, "Yaa maybe because someone did throw them all carelessly to the floor last night."

He gave me an apologetic look as then I get up in difficulty because I want to bring the blanket along with me as I walked out from the bed, and I even pulled it with force a couple of times so Minho would get up a little bit since he sat down on a part of the blanket.

"Why so shy, Noona dearest? It's just me here." He mocked me as I was walking to the bathroom like a wrapped kimbap covering myself with blanket.

"Im freezing here wearing nothing, Minho honey." I was pretty annoyed as I used the sarcasm tone on the last word. But because of that, I think, he laughs at it.

After a couple of minutes freshen up washing my face and stuffs, I walked out from the bathroom still covering with the thick cover sheets, but- "What the- Minho!! You shocked the hell out of me!" I bumped into him who's walking from outside the room.

"Sorry." He grinned as I realized that he held a cup of coffee in his hand. I walked to my room followed by him. "I hope you have no policy to not bringing food inside your bedroom."

I took some clothes from the drawer as he sat on the bed, fixing his eyes to the laptop and let me put on clothes before I replied, "No, not really. You know I'm not a clean freak."

As I walked toward him, I took his sweater and wear it, he looked up and say, "Good, because.. Here." I frowned. He took the cup of coffee and giving it to me, "I hope it's not too bitter."

Then I sipped the warm coffee while staring at him. He made a coffee, for me? He's not really a coffee drinker in the morning but I think he made something for himself earlier. And..

"You always said that I can take the food inside the fridge at anytime, so.. I made some sandwich for us. Just ignore the mess, it tasted fine, I ate one." He offered me the bread on plate then my eyes just grew bigger as a respond.

"Wow." I comment shortly, "Why did I feel like I'm the one having a birthday?"

He laughs, "Speaking of that, aren't you supposed to say something to me or anything?" As followed with his sweet smile.

I give him a smile too, as I put the coffee on the bedside table, then sit beside him and embraced my arms around him, "Happy birthday, Minho. You know I always pray for your happiness even though I never said it out loud." I put both my hands of his cheek as I gave him a kiss with a loud kissy sound on the forehead, "Consider this as my small gift."

He patted my back and say, "Thank you Noona."

"And you know I love you." I added, not forget to say that even though I might have said it a couple of times in the past few hours.

"I know. I love you too." He broke the hug so he can see me. "Well, considered I had the small gift, and also another satisfying one already," he used a teasing tone, "I wouldn't say no if you're still willing to give more present, of course."

I chuckled, "You wish."

"Hm?" He asked, and his eyes getting bigger than they already are, "So you're saying that you didn't plan anything for me?"

I shook my head. Well, it's a lie, but whatever.

"Oh, okay." He just commented shortly as he turned himself to facing the laptop and give his back at me.

I laugh, as I hugged him from behind, "Don't be mad, Birthday Boy.. I do apologized. I promised I will come up with an idea. It's just that.. I got busy with the design things, and.. Even today, you spend the day on campus, before appearing the whole night on this award event."

"That's why, really, I can understand it." He said, and his tone does seem like he's fine with it.

I frowned as I try to move a bit forward to see his face, so he turned to see me and added, "Because I know I can just do something and can always makes you change your mind. To get what I want from you."

"Huh!?" I exclaimed, "Minho-ah!!" but then both of us is laughing.

After a while, still rounded my arms around him, I peeked over his shoulder to what he browses on the net, "So.. You haven't answer my question.."

"About what?" He asked without looking at me. But it seems that he got what I mean, "I felt so hype this morning that's why I wake up too early."

Then I said, "And you might want to check the fansites regarding your day." There's a lot of wishes on many sites as I can see he accesses right now.

"Yeah, it still only 8 o'clock but even with time difference, there's a lot of them." He pointed to the screen; Korean sites or even international ones. He often checked on some English-based fansites, Youtube or any website related to his group.

"You must feel sooo happy, right?" I rested my chin on his shoulder.

He nodded, "Although almost everyday I can see how they supported me, but it still overwhelming when I saw those congratulate words only for me on my birthday."

"Open my Twitter," I suddenly gave him the idea, "Who knows maybe you're trending." He laughs a bit but he followed my order.I agreed with what he said earlier, so then I said, "If I were you, maybe I would think that they were like.. So grateful that you were born in the world."

He looked at me and grinned, "You know you really sounded like my mother. She's just said those kind of words when she called me earlier. 'I thanked to God that I gave birth to a beautiful son like you.' Well, she always said that every year."

I replied with a laugh, "Of course, she's your mother!" Then I added, "And I think it's obvious, as we all feel blessed to have you."

He laughs a bit but continue to browse, call me selfish because I know he might be curious as today is his birthday but I was in state where I want him to be focus on nothing but me now, that's why I decided to win his attention again. I snuggled and kiss the back of his ear while whispering, "And better, I have you as mine."

He planted a lingering kiss on my cheek as he said, "Such a tease."

I used the same tease he gave me yesterday, "So you got teased by this."

He chuckled to my smirk-worthy jokes but to my dissapointment, he faced to his laptop again now even to his phone too."And just now, Jjong Hyungie sent me a message that there's already some package coming from the fans as my birthday gifts."

"Wow, they're fast." I replied.

"Yeah." He looks like a little boy as he was pretty excited about what his fans do on his birthday so I decided not to try to distract him anymore. Besides, I'm happy for him too.

I'm not saying this to compare him with my ex, but what I'm saying is that I never really care about Hae Jin's fans before, also maybe because fans of actors interact in a different way from idol's fans.

But to work with the boys, I begin to know their fans and how they really affected my boys. I saw how hard the 5 of them work, that's why as a team, even me, I'm pretty much happy myself to see the fans' appreciation. So the boys must feel even happier than me.

"And how about the boys? Did they already congratulate you?" I asked.

"Everyone, except Taeminnie." He said.

I frowned, "Baby? Why?"

Minho shrugged, "Maybe because he tends to forgot birthdays.."

There's no way Baby didn't remember since he and I talked about I'm throwing a small birthday party for his Minho Hyung. But then he added, "Or maybe because he knows that I spent the night here at your place. He wouldn't want to interrupt..? He mentioned it to me that he won't bother with birthday texts or anything."

My laugh burst as I understand what it means, "Omo, my precious Baby!! He's just too squishy I want to biteeee him and eaaat him!" There's a saying in our language that someone is too cute we would feel like to bite him/her. But seems that Minho thinks differently.

"Hey, hey! What are you talking about? Bite? Eat?? yaa, really this Noona! I can't be at ease even if my rival is Taemin."

"What??" I looked at him, "Eii, you and your thoughts."

He was joking of course, but then his stare is calmer as he looked at me, "And you know what makes this birthday is better than last year? Because I finally got the chance to spend it with someone."

"How about your school days?" I asked.

"On my birthdays, I don't have a girlfriend. Because even with my ex, I already broke up before the end of the year. It's also pretty much the same with my crushes." He laughed pitiful at himself.

So this is.. I murmured, "This is your first birthday with.." Not only with me, but with 'someone'.

He smiled sheepishly, "I guess my luck was bad when it comes to this one. But this year, I got lucky."

"Awww.. Minho." I don't know what to say, I just hug him tighter as I lean my cheek on his.

"That's why... I always have in mind, if the day finally comes, aside from getting something from her, it's more like.. I want to do anything just to keep her and make her happy enough so she will stay at least until me next birthday.." He explained.

My heart beats faster as suddenly, it's not only because I feel so damn happy and overwhelmed by his words, but I also have this burden thought. Will I still be by his side next year?

"Noona?"

"Y-yeah?" I was startled as he called me, turning his head to look at me.

"You looked.. Not pleased." He frowned.

"What? What are you talking about?" I laughed uneasily," it must be only because I was too surprised! In fact, who wouldn't be so happy to hear something like that?" Okay, I did sound so weird right now.

"Yeah? Well, good then. For a second I thought I said something wrong or anything." He smiled sadly.

"No! No. Really. I was just too overwhelmed by the thoughts that it was me who you spend your birthday with for the first time." I kissed him twice on his left cheek.

"And.. I don't know, I just thought that I gave you troubled feelings lately."

"Huh?" Wait. Did he knew about how I feel towards Euns-

"Yeah, I know that you never fond of cooking, yet you still brought foods or snacks you made by yourself for us. I heard from Mi Sun Noona that you did that just to make sure I didn't pass the eating time." Minho looked at me thankfully.

My assistants are too smart and to good at times. They even spilled out my secrets to this boyfriend of mine? Really. "Only because after you did the army's health check Manager Oppa mentioned you lose some weight.." I murmured.

"But still.." He said, "And.. Even though it is my birthday, if I spoiled the one I with more than I demand something for myself, then maybe if something happen in the future that makes you doubt me.. Something like that.. She will remember that no one can compare to her. Even I, myself, will lose to her."

"Yaa! Minho! Just stop this. Why so suddenly you make this sound so sad?" I blurted out.

"Sorry." He murmured.

I was right somehow. That Minho doesn't act like usual. But.. Maybe it's just me? Since he usually is sweet and understanding to me.

If I think he's slightly more spoiled than before, it's normal, right? To be spoiled to his girlfriend every once in a while.

If I think he was too mesmerized by another woman's beauty, well, I myself as a woman admits that Eunseo-sshi is really beautiful.

If I think that Minho acts a little bit different than usual, I think it's still normal because at least, his love is still the same, right?

So why would I have to doubt him?

He looked at me right now, so I tried to lighten up the atmosphere by saying, "Hey, talking about the first time.. Would it be great if you guys win something tonight on the award? It's not every year where you win an award on the same day as your birthday."

I succeed. A smile appears from his lips that I kiss after that. "That's also why I'm sure you can manage to look great on the performing stage with the clothes I gave to you. Because I feel that you will walk on that stage to get the prize too."

I added a bit, "Well, aside from the fact that my boyfriend surely know how to pose."

He squinted in curiosity, "I know that you always try your best to make me look good in any appearance, so it wasn't supposed to be my birthday present, right? The new-designed performance wardrobe?"

"What? Of course not! I might be your Coordi, but I'm not that stingy!" I laugh, "Although please don't held your hopes to high, I might just end up giving you a cake with candles or something."

Then suddenly he moves forward, I pulled myself backward because I was startled, "cake and candles would be fine."

"Good." I replied steadily.

But when his hand catches my bare feet, I squealed because of the ticklish feeling, "Yaa! Don't you ever-"

My words are stopped as he pulled me legs so I fell to the matress and laugh, "What?"

He moves closer as he puts the laptop aside, "Nothing, I'm just thinking how to get what I want.. I think? Like I said, a single cake would be fine, but you have to pay me for it."

"Oh you can't bribe me." I get up and moves away from him to tease.

"Maybe I can make you change your mind.." He smiled nicely -although I know it was an evil smirk.

"Minho, you can be late for class, Boy." I pointed my finger to him.

"So you do believe that I have a class today? I just go to the campus because I promised my friends to buy them foods on my birthday. Noona, Noona.. You're still my naïve Noona."

"What!??" I was torn between annoyed but cannot help to laugh.

Well, Minho ended up just caught me in his embrace and kissed me heartily by saying, "Stay with me on my birthdays and you can forget about presents.”

How I wish that would be many of your birthdays, Minho.

--

The boys’ won two awards that night, and I watch the performance only by television since I wasn’t there, but I satisfied with the wardrobe during their performance and I called Taeminnie as he sent me an instant message saying how happy he is.

And that’s how we confirmed that the surprise party would be held by the next day.

One day after that, we all supposed to gathered in the boys’ practice room, in Taemin’s request. All of the members, Managers, me and my assistants, and it seem to me that he also invited some of the F(x) members too since its also their practice room.

It’s before lunch that all of us, except Kibum, Jjong, Minho and Manager Oppa is here. From that girl group I saw only SNSD Jessica’s little sister and Luna, maybe the others were busy, I don’t know.

I can hear Taemin was questioning everyone per 5 minutes, "Hyung, did you see my phone? Oh no, Minho Hyung will get here in no time." Or then he said, "Mi Noona, where's my cell, what time is it? I need to see the time!"

Lee Oppa and Kang Oppa were in charge in balloons, while my assistants all were preparing the ribbons, confetti and even they divided the birthday hats. Actually, I was discussing all of this with Taemin, and he said was, “Ah, really, Noona! Of course we have to do this as cheesy as it can be, why, because it’s supposed to be my idea! And as much as I hate it, I have to admit that Kibum Hyungie was right, every time I planned an event, there should lacking of something. So here it is, it was lacking of taste, hahahaa!” Taemin even laugh so loudly to his own stupid but brilliant idea.

I don’t even understand how he can manage all of this but I think he already tell one of my assistant to help him without telling me first. Because I found that Eun-ah came with those birthday stuffs and say, “Taeminnie didn’t tell you?”

He didn’t tell me, yeah, but it was me actually who asked him to do this favor. I was so proud and thankful to my little Baby today.

“Oppa, what should I do with this?” I heard the girls from F(x) were talking to Onew, showing the card on their hands.

“Taeminnie, what should we do about these?” the Leader asked Baby while showing a pile of cards from fans that still came until today and Minho hasn’t read it yet. Also some of the cards that we wrote in a hurry earlier.

As the ‘Chief’, Baby looks a little bit too busy, because we didn’t have too much time left, furthermore, to have this party either since they have a schedule on the evening.

“Er.. um.. just stick it to the wall or something.” Taemin pointed out an idea, “Remember when Kibum Hyung got a surprise from that actress on Leeteuk Hyung’s TV show?”

Onew frowned but then clapped his hand, “Ah! Right, right. Kibum’s birthday party.” He explained about it to the girls, and also 2 of my assistants, then he turned to Taemin again, “Why did you come with the same idea, any other creative-“

“Hyung! What do you expect from me, if Kibum is the one who came with the idea, he must be so damn good at this. But it’s just me, my idea even for my girlfriend gift are just as cliché as the magazine would say!” Taemin answered as he looks a bit frustrated.

I was the one he pointed out to be in charge for the cake, so I was preparing the candle, and Taemin with his evil mind he even said that I should write the birthday message on the cake with icing by myself. I cant ask the bakery girl to do that, or else, Baby would be mad at me because it was his term when I asked what he wants in return by helping me with this.

Well, that is his term, and also to treat him ice cream every weekend for a month.

“Okay, okay. I guess, you’re right. I get it.” Onew as usual, he listened to the Maknae.

I looked at Taemin and then I asked him, “Are you okay?”

He turned to me with this puppy eyes and howls, “Noonaaaa, lazy Kibum Hyung hasn’t arrived yet…… what should I doooo? He should be here by now or Minho Hyungie would come first! And then we don’t have time to-”

I almost giggled if I didn’t owe him, but Taemin’s words got cut by the one he’s expecting to come.

“Yaa! Who did you call lazy, huh?!” Kibum chuckled as he walks into the room. Taemin grabbed the big package on Kibum’s hand as he just said, “This is what im waiting for!” and ignored the one who carried it.

“Key Oppaaa..” Luna runs to Kibum and the latter turned to her raising his eyebrows, “And what the hell happened with Kibum Oppa? It’s not that often you call my stage name.”

“Is that right that you pick Soo Jung to be your duet partner on the concert?”

“Yeah, you can ask her. Why?” Kibum pointed Krystal as she was there sticking the cards on the wall in difficulties together with the clumsiest member of the group Onew. ‘What a great choice of choice to let him doing that, Taemin.’ Is what Kibum must think when he sees that.

“Nothing, it’s just that I think it’s pretty cool.. your reason.” Luna shows a naïve smile.

Jjong patted Luna’s head and say, “Well, if you, Blondie, can be as cold as her, maybe it was you who got pick by Kibummie.”

“Oppa, at least im not trying to act to look cold, like Unnie.” Krystal mentioned her older sister as then everybody is laughing.

“How is this- Ah, really.” Taemin still mumbled as he sits on the floor so I tell Kibum, “Hey, can you help him?”

Kibum squatted beside Baby and say, “Taem, do you know how to use it? Here-“ he reached out but then Baby nodded, “Yeah I got this, I got this.”

The equipment is a projector, a movie projector owned by Kibum, that Taemin asked to borrow for this surprise party. Yes, since Taemin and I knows Minho’s hobby are sports and watching movie, we chose the latter because we cant just challenge him to what? Playing soccer with us?

So I came with this idea, because Minho cannot go to the movie theater recently, why don’t we bring the theater to him? With the projector that's put on the floor and in on the hand of my Baby, I gave him this small movie party.

Kibum said to Taemin, "Ya! Why did you unprepaired? You're the one who came with the idea, I thought-"

"I'm helping Noona on this, Hyung. It's actually her idea." Taemin mumbled as I was going to go back to the table and left them.

But I'm still hear Kibum said, "S-so you mean she gave him the surprise- Dammit, Minho, you're so dead, you Noona killer.."

I frowned, Taemin was interested too my Kibum said that, but he's too preoccupied. So I stopped and squating near them again, "Why did you say that?"

Kibum looked at me, between startled because he didn't realize that his blurted out words was heard by me, and then he seems hesitating of something.

"Nothing!" Then he decided to have that stupid answer.

With the look at my eyes, he said in a small voice, "It's just that-well, he acts stupid yesterday. Maybe because of Heechul Hyung too." And followed by a clumsy laugh. I actually am not satisfied with his answer, but I can't just drag him out to say something. It was beyond my limit of jealousy.

But apparently, my mouth works faster than my brain because after that I said, "It might be Eunseo Noona, isn't it?" I even used Noona instead of Unnie or -sshi.

Kibum usually will smirking to try avoiding situation where he's hiding something, and so I know my guess was right when he said, "No.. Well, yes, but it's just, ah Noona, really Minho must be just joking around because of he's protecting Eunseo-sshi from Heechul Hyung's mischievousness."And his answer bothers me. I have nothing against Heechul-sshi, but Minho kissed Yuri because of his game. Now Minho needs to protect a girl in national TV too? How good Heechul in games actually?

Taemin was still try so hard as Kibum helps him -more to runaway from my questions, but then Baby asked Jonghyun, "Hyungie, did you get all the movies?"

He asked, or more like ordered the vocal leader to choose a couple of movie titles; the new ones, and Minho haven't seen it or rather not that new but he hasn't seen yet. Baby made a good choice asking Jjong since he was like Minho's movie mate since their debut days.

I was just standing there, with the birthday cake in front of me and suddenly a tiny annoying thoughts came into my mind.

All that Minho said to me yesterday, could it be that he said it also because he felt a bit guilty? He did seems so restless first when he came to my place.

So what's exactly that he did on the filming? Why Kibum seems surprise, is that not coming from script? Hell, Minho did say he doesn't have script.

In the midst of my confusion, I heard Jjong answered Taemin's question earlier, "It's all in here." He patted his bag, "So hurry, before Minho gets here and-"

At the same time, there's footsteps and laughter outside the room so before we can do anything, the door is open.

"Yeah, Hyung, it's-" Minho said as Manager Oppa cut him by saying, "W-wait, I think we-"

But it's too late because Minho already saw everything inside the room although everyone are just stayed in their position since they got caught up.

"What is this?" Minho asked, but he's smiling, "Baloons? Birthday party.. For me?! Hahahaa.." He's clapping his hand excitedly.

"Nooo it's not supposed to be this wayyy!!" Taemin exclaimed as Manager Hyung said to him, "Taeminnie, why didn't you answer my call! I try to warn that we will arrive soon, the traffic is good today."

Maknae sighed heavily as then Onew patted his shoulder as he said, "Well, since he's here," he blows the paper trumpet and wear the birthday hat, "Let's start the party!!" Everyone cheers as two f(x) girls run to Minho with their gifts.

I'm still there and somehow I'm not that excited. But what am I going to do, can I just ask Minho? No. But if I'm not, he would just recognize that I feel annoyed only by looking at me.

Taemin is still mumbled but he hugged Minho to congratulate him, like his other hyungs. I make a cheer from where I stand because I don't feel like approaching him. I don't know. This is the worst feeling. Where you secretly throw a party for someone, but in the process, you feel that he just made a mistake towards you. Although I don't think that what Minho did is that bad, but still. I'm not excited right now.

And because we're just being distance everytime Managers and everyone is around, so I think Minho won't notice my expression right now. Besides, I pretending to be busy with the icing, until I heard Onew's voice talking to me with a small voice.

"Um.. Noona, I just heard that this is your idea."

I lifted my head and look at the Leader, "Yes, kind of."

He looks.. Disturbed. So I added, "Why?"

"Didn't I tell you to becareful? What if Manager Hyung finds out? Or A.M Hyung." He said.

"That's why I asked Taemin to borrow his name." I tried to explain. I don't know why Onew seems suddenly tense.

"Really, Noona, we can't lose our guard. And also because Minho became big-headed as he thought he's smart enough to hide his relationship. But don't you think that why it seems like it became too easy? Maybe it's better if you two just like Jjong and Eunjung Noona, although you have to live with the fact that-"

"Hey, hey. Easy." I waved my hand in front of the Leader and say, "What is it, why are you like this, Onew-sshi?"

He blinked as then he sighed, "Jjong didn't tell you? His act on 'kidnapping' Eunjung Noona that day was caught by Noona's Manager. And it's a little bit ugly then, since both Manager Hyung aren't actually get along so well."

"What?" I was startled. We were talking about when Jjong brought his girl to my studio that day.

Onew said, "I thought Manager Hyung also talk to you about this, well, at least to tell you not to allow this happen again since Jjong took his girl to your teritory, the studio."

I shook my head. Hm.. Somehow it came to me again, how I felt that.. "Actually, seems to me that Manager Oppa is avoiding me. No, it's more like he didn't bother about me being here."

"Whatever it is, just.. Well, please becareful. I really don't want anything bad happen.. Although he doesn't show, but it's enough with Jjong alone. He's just telling me about this, not even to Kibum so I guess Minho doesn't know either but I hope he would learn from his Hyung." To me, Onew looked quite upset about this. It's really the opposite to what I saw when we were on my studio that day.

Then he added, "Only if he can survive everything Jjong had experienced, Minho could have his confident."

To heard that, I knew the Leader is right. Up until now, Jjong had faced everything right away. From the scandal, got bad respond from the fans, struggle with internal problems and feeling with his real girlfriend, even every once in a while trouble with the Managers. All of them. That's why Onew, as the Leader or Hyung too, cannot say anything because Jonghyun passed the test.

But Minho and I? What do we actually face together? Not much. Since we're just trying too hide. And even when problems came because of that; the relationship was a secret. All of them, weren't exactly solved.

We were just like wanting to lost in our world as one when we're on it, but then getting all shakey when we had to face the world just as two acquaintances.

And what's exactly do we faced? Every test aren't really a test since we're not bravely tell 'the insider' of our world about us like Jjong and Eunjung did.Not necessary the fans, the insider I meant are the higher authority -you know who I meant, or another fellow celebrity.

Many realization comes to me as Onew and I just stood there in silence. Then I looked at him, he's actually still wanting to talk but then we both saw everyone walking towards us; towards the cake on the table in front of us, so then we stopped talking and blends with the others as they started to sing 'happy birthday' for Minho both in Korean and English.

I saw Minho's eyes are staring at me, I don't know whether Taemin just told him about me being party inventor or he just want to look at me, but he's smiling. I smiled back at him with a heavy feeling.

After he blew the candles, and my assistant cut the cake, the others gathered to start watching the movie.

Jjong had asked which movie Minho wants to see and he chose. As then he put the DVD on laptop and Kibum handled the projector, my boyfriend walked towards me.

He took the plate of slices cake and using the opportunity to talk to me, "I was told that this is was your idea. Thank you, I'm sooo happy I can kiss you now-"

"Don't." I cut his sentence as he laughs and didn't get suspicious maybe because he thought I did that to prevent him doing that in front of everyone.

'I know, I know." He beamed at me, as then I heard a twinkling sound coming from his phone.

He put one of the plate and took his phone from his pocket. We used the same cellphone so I know it was an instant message.

As he read it, he didn't reply and just put it again on his jeans then once again take the plate of cake.

"Not gonna reply it?" I said as I heard another twinkling sound. Must be another piece of message.

He smiled slightly, "Naah, we're just continue our conversation earlier. I will reply Noona later."

I frowned, why can't he talk in a complete sentence? Do I have to be the one who asked about the sender? Which Noona, Minho? I know that sometimes you talked with Boa, SNSD members or any comedian Noona. But usually you will just say it anyway. I feel so bothered as I just ask, "Who?"

I can see he raised his eyebrows a little bit, but then he answers as it was nothing, "Eunseo Noona. We're just talking about new places in Incheon." My intuition, no, my bad guess was actually was right.

"Oh, she knows Incheon, she came from there too?" I asked with a controlled voice.

Then Minho replied excitedly, "Yes! That's why we even haven't finished to talk when I supposed to go first because Manager Hyung told me that we have to leave."

What?

"I thought you were with Manager Hyung, talking about some show before you come here." I said.

He nodded, "Um, well, yes, but Eunseo Noona wants to treat me lunch because of my birthday, and won the award last night so.." He quickly added, "But Manager Hyung knew about this."

I found it weird. Manager Oppa knows but he allowed him to? Then I asked, "And he's okay with that?"

Once again, Minho gave me a nod, "Yes, since it was work-related. He was there too, with Eunseo Noona's personal assistant or coordi maybe, I don't know." He shrugged lightly.

Yeah, right. Work-related. I sighed. Is it Minho's fault that lately, I frequently compare myself right now to myself when I was dating my ex?

I was quite jealous when HaeJin Oppa acted an intimate scene or when he's getting close to his co-star in process to build a good chemistry. If it's not jealousy, it's more like I have a level of insecurity that a girlfriend usually have. Although later, my insecurity was wasted since he did really professional.

Now, with Minho, I only saw once with my own eyes, on the filming that day, but I know how he and Eunseo-sshi is different than HaeJin and his co-stars.

Minho and the actress have this great chemistry that already there, despite that they were based on no script. Even just by looking at them, they compatible with each other; the same small pretty face and pair of big eyes. Then again, born in the same city.

How is this fair? No, it's not fair. But who am I to judge? Son Eun Seo is one of new Korean sweetheart that according to what Kibum indicates, got the attention of the famous and good eyes Heechul, and worst, got taking care by Shinee Minho in national TV, genuinely.

While I'm his girlfriend. I'm not having this inferior feelings about how I look, because I know I can't compare myself to Eunseo, she's a celebrity, for God's sake.

It's just that, I'm being a stylist, no matter what, I would always going to be someone behind the screen.

Even if the secret girlfriend of Shinee Minho got uncovered, the reaction not only because he has a girlfriend, but also because his girl is anonymous; harsly speaking, a nobody. Im not saying this to mock my profession or people work the job like me, no, i love being a coordi, a stylist, but i know that people doesnt really appreciate our work that much.

Even if it's sounded like I have a prestigious position because of my designer's boss, and also the fact is I'm just a worker who has kept playing cat and mouse with Minho's manager who I worked for too.

But for Eunseo, Minho got an easy permission from Manager Oppa to have lunch with her. Great.

"-na." I heard, "Noona? Hey, Noona?"

"Huh?" I saw Minho was talking to me.

"I said, you're not jealous, are you? Not with Eunseo Noona." He laughs.

How ironic. I finally got jealous of someone but he thinks no way that I am.

And why can't I be jealous at her? Is it your way to tell me that I shouldn't be jealous? Is it means that you don't have a special feeling and I'm just being delusional? I do hope so.

Then what should I say? I ended up just shook my head and he actually didn't wait for my answer because he said, "come on, the movie will start soon. Mi Sun Noona, come on." He also talked to my assistant.

Stop this.I don't want to have this stupid feeling anymore. I don't. Shirreo. And everything I felt that morning, pretty much vanish into thin air, change into something really different by now. I felt angry at myself why I let myself to be in this situation to begin with. Yes, call me crazy but my pride was hurt. When Im stood by myself, I have a dream to fulfill, Im not used to cry. As much as I feel grateful that Minho makes me realized that I can be in love again, but falling in love with him reminds me on how I was when it comes to love.
 

My jealousy toward this particular person is not just makes me realize about my situation with Minho, but also about me being invisible, me being a coward, me being eaten by envy. And I hate being like this.

I sat beside Kibum which actually makes me sitting between him and Minho. Just to hear Manager Oppa said to both A.M Oppa, more like to tease Minho, "Seems that this kid got a new admirer."

"A very pretty one." Lee Oppa, who went to the filming with me that day, agreed. It's the first time I was annoyed by what he said to Minho, "Noona neomu neomu yeppeo, right, Minho-goon?"

And my secret boyfriend just replied by a shy smile. I know why he only can doing that in front of them, but my selfishness, my ego, my stubborness, all feels even uglier just now.

I never wanting to shout loudly until now.

Stop pairing him with any idols, any actresses. Stop making him play games for the single. Stop asking him to be in that marriage-dating shows.

Because Minho has someone.
Because it's me!

How I want to talk with my mother to share, or my sister.
But wait, I cant.
Because my mother didn't know I already have a new status after I broke up with HaeJin.
Because my sister mad at me after I tried to hide the truth.

About me being the girlfriend of Choi Minho.

Now I wonder the reaction if my mother finds out that her beloved daughter who always acts tough, became a secret girlfriend that have to hide herself only because she's falling in love.

Falling to the arms of the handsome and good mannered, the almost perfect young man that her daughter could asked for, a son that any mother would dream of. If only it wasn't this difficult. But now it has taking its toll.
 

******************************************************************************************************************************

 

 

 

hey!! im updating! omo. this chapter is sooooo long, hahaha

Noona have so many things in her complex mind right now, isnt she? SO... what will she do after this?

Thanks for tyatyonk88, reazzure, AiZaiYun for your comments! im happy you're still supporting the story although im still lacking here and there.

and especially for chasethestars, thank you so much for making me wake up and build the decision about the story in my mind. you gave me ideas and i finally got more compact storyline :) 

as you, my fellow readers can see, in this first half of the chapter everything seems smooth, while in the second half, there's something going on with Noona.  And from the next chapter, the main problem will be revealed. -i actually have this in my mind for a while, but thanks to chase, i finally got the idea on how to bring it up- and what is it? you have to wait and see! xDDDD

a glimpse for the next chapter:

-Son Eun Seo might be appear

-Jjong and his girl issue

-Noona will have a conversation with her boss

well, that's for now! thank you for always supporting One Day Series,

lovelovelove,

z.