Solve the four corners of the first layer, one by one

You're a Rubix Cube - Luhan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You arrived at school feeling quite calm despite everything that had happened the day before. You felt like nothing eventful would happen in the day which was a good thing, it meant you could spend more time studying.

You walked down the corridor calmly, then noticed the same group of girls from the day before giving you the dirtiest looks, but keeping their distance, knowing you were under Luhan’s protection now.

You shrugged a little knowing it was sort of his fault in the first place those girls had a vendetta against you. But you slowed your pace…

For some weird reason, it should have been a deterrent, you had your chance, you could have stopped contact with Luhan full stop back then…but you didn’t.  You furrowed your eyebrows; you couldn’t understand the feeling you had – you came to the conclusion that you were in fact just as bored as Luhan claimed to be. You were both so similar- he intrigued you just as much as he said you intrigued him.

You continued walking along the corridor slowly, absentmindedly, until you saw him. Luhan stood talking to his group of ‘friends’ chatting away happily, smiling brightly – but you could see right through his fake smile – his forced laughs. His eyes met yours as he spotted you. You looked down, afraid to go blind if you stared at him for too long. 

He left his group, nearly skipping over to you, acting cheerful.

‘Hey, how are you?’ He asked politely.

‘Good thanks.’ You mumbled embarrassed, realising people were staring, at least when you talked to him after school, there was no one else present to stand and watch your interactions.

Luhan noticed you looking over at the group of girls giving you evil looks.

‘They won’t be doing anything to you anymore.’ he muttered; glaring over at them with the utmost repulsion, you saw them shrink into the corner.

‘I guess being with you has some perks; protection from bullies.’ You muttered quietly.

‘What do you mean, you’ve been bullied before?’ Luhan asked confused.

‘Hasn’t everyone?’ you replied absentmindedly, putting one foot in front of the other while you walked.

Luhan watched you with sad eyes. He was so perplexed as to how a human being could go through so much and not tell anyone….the thought reminds him of his mother, it hurts, so he blocks the thought out of his mind.

‘But why are you trying so hard to be nice to me? You don’t need to bother; I’m not popular, talking to me doesn’t give you any benefit.’ You ask Luhan, intrigued for an answer. Luhan gives a slight chuckle before he replies:

‘I wouldn’t say that’s true.’ He stares at you, watching your reaction. 

‘But aren’t you going against your principles?’ You ask staring right back at him.

‘Huh?’ Luhan looks confused.

‘Well, the more you talk to me, the less popular you’ll become...’

‘What if I don’t care about my popularity?’ He replied shoving his hands into his pockets and whistling.

You ponder that question for a while.

‘Well, it’s up to you.’ You reply, concluding your results.

‘Well I think this is the start of something special.’ He replies leaning back and watching you eye him suspiciously, he chuckles and grins at the floor.

You feel yourself blush for the first time. You try to stare at anywhere but him.

‘Oh, by the way, here…’ Luhan remembers something, rummaging through his bag. He hands you a box, you realize it’s an Apple box.

You open it to find an I-pod, your eyes widen in surprise.

‘Yours dropped into the river and got ruined, so here's a replacement.’ Luhan said looking at a window.

‘I’ve...i've never been given a gift before, from someone outside of my family.’ you whisper, tracing your fingers along the box.

‘It’s not a gift; don’t think of it as a gift, it’s a replacement I owe you since it’s my fault what happened to you…’ Luhan scratches the back of his head embarrassed.

You can’t help but smile at the gift, Luhan feels his cheeks redden, surprised by your expression.

‘Thank you.’ You smile taking the I-pod out of the box.

‘I couldn’t put any music in for you because you never told me what you liked.’ Luhan states; looking everywhere but at you.

‘It’s still a secret.’ You reply happy at his evident annoyance.

‘Still a secret!? I think I’ve earned it.’

You chuckle to yourself, putting the I-pod in your bag. Luhan let's out a sigh but moves on.

‘Back to the other topic; if you don’t like it here, why haven’t you moved schools then?'.

I don’t want to have to move schools; it’s too much of a hassle anyway…’ You reply nonchalantly.

‘Besides, I have a goal or dream, or whatever you call it. I want to graduate and become a lawyer, so I have to just bear with it; those girls aren’t worth changing schools.’ You mutter looking over at them.  

‘You have... a goal?’ Luhan asks bewildered.

‘What, what’s weird about that, everyone does, I’m sure even that Jin girl does, even if it is to get rid of me…’

You watch Luhan stare at the ground, fists clenched.

‘What do you not have a dream or anything?’ You ask intruiged.

‘Well… I kind of just…forgot to have one...’ Luhan mumbled embarrassed.

You stared at him aloof, absolutely dumbfounded by the fact someone could be so busy trying to have friends that they would forget to have a dream.  

You were about to say something, but you noticed people in the classroom crowding around each other and whispering as you entered it.

‘I heard there’s two new students coming in today from another school – apparently they were expelled from their old school for being Yankees!!’ Girls excitedly jittered.

You shook your head, parting from Luhan and sitting on your allocated seat at the back, looking out the window. Luhan received an earful from his classmates on how new students were arriving and that they were riff-raffs Luhan would need to keep in place as class president.

‘Alright everyone settle down now, go to your seats and stop talking.’ Mr Wang entered the classroom, setting books on his desk. The classroom still had an air of excitement, people kept whispering to each other.

‘Alright well today we have two new students transferring here, boys, come in and introduce yourselves.’

‘BOYS!?’ Jin’s group squealed excitedly.

The class took a deep breath as two extremely tall boys walked into the classroom, or two supermodels, no one really knew.

The taller of the two had golden hair and angry looking brows and piercings up his ears. He looked so western you could have sworn he was American, he stood in front of the class full of confidence, but he looked like he didn’t see the need to be at school, shrugging it off.

The other one had bags under his eyes and black hair, piercings and feline features, his lips curled in a smile without him necessarily wanting to; it was halfway between sinister and adorable.

You sighed, of course they were both gorgeous, you couldn’t stare at them for too long either. You looked to see whether Luhan was as intrigued as you were; he was – but it seemed he felt a little threatened by them, and you couldn’t help but grin at that.

‘Ok well introduce yourselves and then sit down.’ Mr Wang said still busy with his papers.

Kris stepped forward, completely not arsed.

‘The name’s Wu Fan, or Kris.’ The blonde one said.

‘I’m Zitao or Tao.’ The black haired one said. Your eyes met Kris’s and you looked away, staring at a spot out the window.

You heard them walk down the classroom, their footsteps getting closer to you. You gulped hard as Kris took a seat right next to you, but he stared straight at the board. You tensed up, feeling your face burning as the whole class stared at you three goggle-eyed. Tao sat right in front of you, seeing as no one wanted to sit near you, the seats were free all around you. Kris leaned back in his seat, Tao turned round to give him a smirk, they both had some sort of in joke as they nodded over to the board.

You sighed feeling exhausted with all the drama and opened your textbook, refusing to look at either of them so you wouldn’t get distracted.

The bell rang signalling the lunch break, you closed your eyes and stretched your arms, trying to supress a yawn and failing. But you felt as if you were being watched. You leaned forward again onto your desk and looked up slowly.

The one with the bags; Zi Tao Kris called him; he was perching on the chair in front of your desk, staring at you smiling.

‘You look like one of my plushies – you’re cute.’ He cooed at you. He reminded you of a large kitten.

Your eyes widened, it took every ounce of energy in you not to let your mouth hit the floor, however most people in the classroom were doing just that.

You heard Jin scream ‘NOW THEM TWO AS WELL!?’ and rush out the classroom, her group chasing after her to cheer her up.

You gulped hard, looking back at this guy or boy, you still couldn’t figure it out. He looked badass, he looked like he could have been part of a gang, he had piercings and black hai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter