Solve the Cross

You're a Rubix Cube - Luhan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘Luhannie - you’re hurting me!~.’ Jin cries out in pain, she’d never seen Luhan ever anything but happy; it terrified her to see him so furious.

 

Luhan tightens his grip, glaring at Jin. Rage bubbling up inside of him.

 

‘Jin, tell me what you’ve done.’

 

‘Some girls didn’t like the way she was hanging around you…so....’ Jin's voice became no more than a whisper as tears slid down her cheeks.

Luhan’s eyes widened in shock -

'What did you do!?' Luhan hissed, unable to breath.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

You start to calm down as you walked away from the classroom, feeling more like yourself; pushing your ear buds into your ears and putting on your favourite artist- Elvis. Pfffft, why did he want to know my favourite music!? And why is he so creepy and weird – my mother said, always look out for the popular boys…they’re the biggest s…

 

You rubbed your hand across your neck, trying to get rid of the memory of his hot breath touching your skin. You take a deep breath, trying to forget his words…

 

‘Boring.’

 

Why had that annoyed you so much…maybe because it was the truth…maybe you were boring…but why were you trying so hard to prove him wrong, why should you care what he thinks? You never cared what anyone else ever thought before…that’s why you always worked hard to be the smartest in class – you didn’t care if people didn’t like you for it – it was you’re dream to accomplish something in life, and you wouldn’t let people get in the way.

 

The school building was already behind you, you had left through the open gates, cycling back home slowly, contemplating. The sun was setting, the scenery around you absorbed the sun’s orange glow – you loved this time of day, it was the big sigh before the awakening of night life. Your mind turned back to Luhan…

 

But maybe you lost yourself along the way to achieve your dream…maybe you just drifted by through life….but that’s how Luhan felt, like he’d drifted, like he’d spent so much time trying to fit in…that he forgot to dream, to have ambition…you were so opposite but the same, maybe that’s why you didn’t like being insulted by him, because it was like looking at your reflection and speaking to it…hearing it point out your flaws it knows better than you. You turned up the volume on your playlist, flushing him out. You had gotten close to the small bridge crossing the river you always cycle past. You saw a girl: a girl who went to your school, she may have been in your class, but the girls in your school all looked the same, you couldn’t distinguish. Actually, there were a lot of girls blocking the bridge so you couldn’t get past. You cycled slower towards them, preparing yourself to cycle past as soon as they moved. But this was different, something was wrong. They were all just standing in a row…at least 4 or 5 girls standing there, they looked like they were holding something…pebbles?

 

‘Oi you.’ One said at the front. You took your earphones off and rolled your mp3 up, putting it in your pocket. Your bag was in your front basket, but you didn’t want to grab it and make any sudden movements.

 

‘Can I help you?’ You ask genuinely confused.

 

‘Yeah, stay away from Luhan, you’re nothing but bad trouble for him.’

 

‘Aish, this is really over that boy? You can keep him-‘

 

‘Don’t talk about Luhan like that!’

 

‘Well he comes up and talks to me, I don’t start it…’

 

‘Stop lying – we all know you’re a freak.’

 

‘Im not even going to stay here and listen to this.’ You turn around on your bike, but something hard hits your head.

 

You feel the back of your head, there’s some blood at your fingertips and realize one girl had thrown a pebble at you.

 

‘Get her!’ Someone yells. You try your best to peddle away, but someone else throws a pebble, it catches in the wheel, causing you to lose balance, you fall off your bike with a thud. One girl grabs your leg and you try to kick her off.

 

But other girls rush in to help, kicking you in the stomach; you can’t help but yelp as you’re winded by the hard kicks. Dirt gets kicked into your eyes – you can’t open them – you’re completely helpless. They’re all laughing and snickering at you as you feel yourself being lifted up, unable to move your arms as your wrists are bound together.

 

‘If this doesn’t teach you to stay away from Luhan, nothing will!’ A girl screeches in your ear. Your eyes fill up with tears, but you keep them shut as it’s painful to open them.

 

‘Here just throw her.’ You hear a girl laugh.

 

You feel yourself on the rail of the bridge, you can hear the stream underneath, praying its deep so you don’t break your back, you already know what they plan to do. You brace yourself, holding your breath.

 

‘Say you’re sorry.’ A girl hisses.

 

You refuse to say anything.

 

‘Oh you’re pathetic, don’t even think for a second Luhan cares about you – he thinks you’re as big a freak as we all know you are.’ Another girl says trying to hold in a laugh.

 

You stay silent.

 

‘Well, I guess she’s made her decision, happy swimming!’ Someone shoves you off the railing, your body drops and you feel yourself falling, making contact with the cold water hard. All you hear is a splash and the distant sound of laughing as you sink, trying your hardest to unbind yourself, you want to scream, but you don’t want to run out of air, a few bubbles escape from you.

 

Time is precious, you kick as much as you can, trying to reach

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter