Familiarize yourself

You're a Rubix Cube - Luhan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Tap….Tap….Tap…* you counted down the seconds until class ended while tapping your pencil onto the textbook; It was maths and you were bored out of your mind since you had already read through all the class notes during lunch so this lesson was pretty much pointless for you. Mr Wang’s teaching turned into background noise while you looked around the classroom, surveying the other students since you had nothing else to do.  

Most people looked half asleep; one boy looked as if he was going to fall off his chair he had leant back so much in his deep sleep, another girl had her hair covering her face so she could sleep without Mr Wang catching her. A group of girls on the right side of the classroom we’re whispering to each other, probably gossiping. One girl, (Zi-Jin her name was) glanced your way, but then carried on talking. You didn’t really care that most girls didn’t talk to you, or guys for that matter. You were a newly transferred student from Korea to China, so they hadn’t really warmed up to you yet, but you didn’t really care; you vowed to yourself you would just graduate with the highest possible score you could get and then leave ASAP to study law in America; it was your dream since before you even moved to China.

You sighed; your mind travelling to back old memories, really missing your best friend; Park Chanyeol back in Korea. You missed all your classmates and wondered what they were up to. Besides that, you were out of contact with Chanyeol since he decided to leave high school early and fulfill his mandatory service in the army. You paused, realizing he will have finished his service in just a month or two..had he forgotten all about you? You sighed as you had no idea where he lived now since his parents had moved to the suburbs.

You carried on looking around, glancing over diagonally ahead of you; Lu Han, probably the most popular boy in school, was sleeping with his head on the table, and Mr Wang hadn’t even noticed.  Lu Han, (or Han if you were really close to him) was undoubtedly very good looking, but you didn’t really see what everyone else saw, to everyone; he was the star of the school, an amazing football player, second in the school in terms of grades (since you were first) and an overall over-achiever at everything he did. He was captain of the football team and also had girls confessing to him left right and center, as well as his family being really well off, however you never really heard him talk about his economic situation or his family much during lunch when the pupils would crowd around him. Everyone always spoke so highly of him and thought he was the most polite, fun and kind boy in school. But what you saw was some guy who was trying just too hard to be good at everything – it made you question whether he was actually happy when you actually bothered to think about him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter