Chapter 4

A Tale of Two Jessi's
Day 2: Bah Hum-insect

 

Narrator POV

 

So our little Jessica avoided Tiffany during the rest of move-in day and made sure to sneak into their room late at night to avoid talking to the red head. This was much to Tiffany’s sadness since she wanted to confront the blond about earlier in the day. But no matter, the night passed and a beautiful new day began. Well, actually Jessica avoided Tiffany for a good part of the day since the two didn’t have classes together, but then came English…

 

Tiffany entered her English 403 class surrounded by a large group of admirers, because, obviously, Tiffany is hot stuff.

 

“Omigash! Tiffany! I love your new hair. It’s so perfect! Just like you,” squealed one of Tiffany’s fangirls.

 

“Tiffany! Please go out with me! I love you,” begged a fanboy.

 

“Fany! Just give me your used socks! I’ll treasure them forever,” begged another, but slightly weirder, fanboy.

 

A tan figure pushed through the crowd and stumbled toward the red-head.

 

“God, Tiffany, it’s almost like you’re more popular than me with all these fans,” chuckled Yuri.

 

“But we all know I am the ier and more popular beast around these parts.” With that said, Yuri winked at a few of Tiffany’s fans, and they all fainted.

 

“Thanks for getting rid of some for me,” said Tiffany as she found her way to an empty desk.

 

And what do you know, the fate gods shined down upon Tiffany as she found a sleeping blond girl as her desk partner.

 

“This would be a great time to wake Jessica and tell her about my sister,” thought the red head.

 

Wrong. Clearly the red head forgot to take her common sense pill in the morning as she tapped Jessica’s shoulder to wake the sleeping girl. Yuri’s eyes literally exploded in wideness as she tried to signal to the red head not to wake the Ice Princess. But…

 

“Jessica!” Tiffany shook the blond. “Jessica! Wake up, I have something important to tell you!”

 

 

Jessica POV

 

I was having a wonderful dream about eating ice cream and playing with life size cookies. As I was about to have a tea party with a teddy bear, I heard a voice call “Jessica!”

 

The voice. It sounds like an angel’s voice. Maybe the angel is in danger. I should go help her.

 

Then, violent shaking happened. The fudge chocolate ground beneath me broke into pieces from the earthquake. My feet found nothing to stand on but cold air, so I fell into a deep, black abyss.

 

Angel, I’m sorry I can’t save you.

 

And then I jolted awake.

 

I glared around, hoping to freeze the person who woke me with my ice vision. Then, red entered my vision.

 

What is with this red head and disturbing my peace!?

 

“Tiffany,” I said through clenched teeth, “What is so important that you would wake me up from my sleep?”

 

The girl looked a bit nervous. She twiddled her thumbs and handed me a card.

 

“My sister’s a psychologist, and she thinks you may have multiple personality disorder,” she blurted.

 

Crap, I hope no one heard that!

 

I clamped my hand over the red head’s mouth and hissed, “Stop talking so loud, I don’t want others to think I’m some freak.”

 

“mmmhmmm mrhmmm hremm” said the mouth beneath my hand.

 

“What?” I questioned, very puzzled.

 

Tiffany removed my hand. “I said, ‘I’m sorry, but I still think you should go talk to my sister.’”

 

I looked down at the card.

 

“Yoona Im. Psychologist, therapist, and self proclaimed genius. You can find me in the student health center” I read. “Haha, self proclaimed genius?”

 

Tiffany chuckled. “Actually, the card used to say ‘Yoona Im. Psychologist, therapist, dashing beauty, wonder woman, genius child, and professional alligator wrestler,’ but I made her shorten it and make it a little less…”

 

“Self-absorbed?” I filled in for her.

 

“Yeah, that’s the word,” she replied, smiling at me.

 

The world stopped for a minute when that girl smiled. I swear, it actually stopped. No joke. And during that minute, I found myself into the girl’s twinkling eye smile. Call me corny, but I think that eye smile took my breath away.

 

 

Narrator POV

 

Well, Jessica actually zoned out for a good five minutes grinning sheepishly at Tiffany’s eye smile, which kind of creeped the red head out.

 

 

Tiffany POV

 

Why is she staring at me like that? Is there something on my face?

 

“Is there something on my face Jessi?” I asked.

 

Jessica snapped out of her daze and shook her head furiously.

 

“NO! Nothing is on your face. It’s just that you have a beautiful eye smile,” she blurted.

 

Narrator POV

 

After hearing what came out of , Jessica’s eyes went wide in realization of what she just said, since she thought she was only thinking about the red head’s beautiful eye smile.

 

“Um, er, what I meant to say was,” Jessica fumbled over her words, slightly blushing, “You have a beautiful Thai dial. Yeah, your watch looks like something from Thailand and it’s really pretty.”

 

And then, realizing what Tiffany had called her, she asked: “Wait, did you just call me Jessi?”

 

Now it was Tiffany’s turn to get embarrassed. “Um, uh, hmm, you see, ‘Jessica’ is kinda a long name and I thought maybe shortening-”

 

Jessica chuckled at the red head’s attempt to cover up, and patted her on the head.

 

“Haha, it’s ok, Tiffany, I like it.”

 

Before Tiffany could say anything more, not that she could because she was so shocked to hear “Jessi” laugh, their professor started lecturing and the whole class went quiet.

 

Little did the pair know, a tall girl with a large fluffy pretzel half in , and her seatmate, a tan girl with luscious hair, had watched the entire interaction. Well, the tan one got a bit side tracked by some good-looking girls, but that’s beside the point.

 

After class, Tiffany had to rush to soccer practice while Jessica barely managed to drag herself out of her chair.

 

Jessica POV

 

The shikskin entered my vision as I pried my head from the desk.

 

“Wow, Sica, if you sleep like that in every class, I don’t know how you’ll graduate this year,” my friend wondered in amazement.

 

I raised an eyebrow.

 

“Soo, I’m ranked third in our class. That’s a lot better than a certain someone I know who loves food more than anything else in the world.”

 

Sooyoung grinned.

 

“You know me so well. Hey, we should go visit the frozen yogurt place now cause we both don’t have anything to do.”

 

“Actually Soo-”

 

“The girl actually has to come with me immediately so I can examine her vitals and question her other half,” chimed a voice that suddenly popped up next to us.

 

“AH!” I screamed, thoroughly shocked. “Why does everyone keep doing that?!”

 

The owner of the voice was a bespectacled girl with a dirtied lab coat. The girl reached out for my hand and started dragging me down the hallway.

 

“Hello, Jessica, right? I’m sure Tiffany told you all about me and how smart and beautiful I am, not to mention-”

 

“Downright creepish yah weirdo. Who da hell are you?” my mouth spat.

 

Unfazed, the girl giggled.

 

“Why hello there! Sooyeon right? I’m very glad to finally meet the both of you, now, if you’ll follow me to my office,” the crazy girl said.

 

“Hey, doc, can I come?” asked Sooyoung, whom I thought had probably ditched me to find food.

 

The psycho psychologist shook her head.

 

“Nope, sorry, only patients allowed in my office. However, you can sit outside and eat some of the candy on my counter or chat with my student assistant.”

 

We finally entered Yoona’s office. Sooyoung immediately attacked the candy bowl while I went inside the private office. Inside, I spotted a familiar raven-haired girl.

 

“Krystal? Is that you?”

 

The girl turned around.

 

“Oh hey, Jess, what are you doing here?”

 

“What are you doing here,” I asked.

 

“Hey, no fair. I asked you first.”

 

“Well I’m older,” I retorted. “Actually… I thought you were supposed to be in high school. Are you ditching school again?”

 

My sister rolled her eyes.

 

“Jess. I told you last month that I’d be skipping a grade and going to the same university as you.”

 

“Hey, I forgot. I was probably sleeping when you told me. Don’t give me that sass.”

 

“Ladies, as intriguing as this conversation really isn’t, I have to ask Krystal to leave to I may talk to Jessica,” interrupted the lab coat woman.

 

Krystal waved bye to me, and I sat down on a reclining chair with the psychologist sitting on her desk next to me. The typical therapy setup, minus the clipboard.

 

“Now,” the doctor continued, “tell me about you and Sooyeon. When did this start? Do you feel weird when this starts? I’m sure you know about multiple personality disorder, which I believe you may have a case of. Also, since you’re here, I’m working on a dream hypothesis about the id and how it-”

 

My body slouched involuntarily in the chair and my legs opened like a boy’s. My arm leaned on one of my legs and out from my mouth came: “Ah, bah hum-insect! Quit yappin’ granny. I ain’t got nothin’ you don’t already know righ’? You a genius, figure dis out will ya? I’m tired of being in dis proper body. I feel cramped in here behin’ all dis cucumber fear and red-head nonsense.”

 

After the monologue, I immediately regained control of my body, straightened my posture, and apologized for Sooyeon’s behavior. However, I couldn’t erase the shock that she had taken over my body.

 

“Actually, Sooyeon, I believe the correct phrase is ‘bah humbug.’ Now for Jessica. Let me guess. From your raised eyebrows and open mouth, I deduct that you, Jessica, are quite surprised that Sooyeon took over the body, correct? I’m guessing that up until now, only words have come from Sooyeon, not actions,” interrogated the doctor.

 

I nodded, afraid that Sooyeon could come blurting profanities if I opened my mouth.

 

“Alright, I don’t think you should be as afraid as you are since, personally, I think Sooyeon is a quite harmless other personality. You should feel lucky you don’t have a serial killer personality,” the doctor chuckled, and then said, “Wait here, I need to feed my chicken, Mr. Bagels, and then I’ll grab my brain wires so we can monitor your, erm, both of your brain patterns.”

 

She be weirder than dis whole situation.

 

I couldn’t agree with you more, Sooyeon. Wait, why am I talking to you? You don’t belong in my body!

 

‘Why am I talking to you Sooyeon?’ ‘You shouldn’t exist Sooyeon’ Yah know, dat’s mighty hurtful. I may just go jump off a cliff or sum’tin cause of yer meanness.

 

I’m sorry. I’m just overwhelmed by the situation. And it’s not helping that you’re a rather vulgar personality… Also, meanness, really, after all these years in college and the best word you can come up with is meanness?

 

Well sorry princess! I can’t govern wut type o’ person I is. Like da creeper doc said, be lucky I ain’t no serial killer nor crazy lunatic doctor. And gurl please, I weren’t da one in college. I slept through college, and let you do all da learnin’. Not dat you really did cause all you did was sleep too. Haha.

 

Ugh. I hate you. I can’t wait to surgically remove you or something.

 

Ouch. Yer really hurtful yah know dat?

 

They don’t call me Ice Princess for nothing.

 

“Jessica, Sooyeon, I’m back! Sorry for the wait,” shouted the psychologist of the spluttering and loud hum of her large, strangely shaped brain monitor.

 

“Um, Yoona, why is there a chainsaw attached to the supposedly harmless brain monitor?”

 

Yoona cackled, a bit evilly.

 

“Details, Jessica, details.”

 

 

To be continued.

 

 

A/N: There you go, updated :) I kind of rushed, so I hope there aren’t too many typos. Also, yay, slightly longer chapter!