Chapter 3

A Tale of Two Jessi's
Day 1.5: A New Friend

 

Narrator POV

 

…“Yeah, yah . Those words jus’ came from yer trap. Don’t act all surprised or whatnot. I’ve been hear fer years. Just decided to pop out and say hello today. So, howdy y’all.”

 

Jessica’s eyes were wide open in horror. In light of the new discovery, Jessica wanted to shoot herself in the face and face palm her embarrassment and fear away. Both girls just stood there is shock for a good minute or two. Finally, the awkward silence was broken when a bob of short brown hair peaked through the door.

 

“You ok there, Sica? I thought I heard some profanities coming from the room. Is everything alright?” asked the tall shikskin, holding a bag of chips in one hand.

 

Jessica POV

 

Oh thank god. Soo can save me.

 

Sooyoung scanned the room.

 

“Oh hey, Sica, you’re roommates with that red head who crashed into-”

 

I ran over to Sooyoung, and grabbed her arm. “Soo, I forgot I have to help you unpack! Let’s go to your room!” I dragged Sooyoung out of the room with me and sprinted away from my room.

 

After determining I had run enough for my lifetime, I skidded to a stop.

 

“Sica, why are you in such a rush? I mean, you even ran!” Sooyoung said in amazement.

 

I put my hand on the shikskin’s shoulder. “Soo, you’re not going to believe what just happened.”

 

“Shoot. I’m sure I’ve heard weirder stuff.”

 

“Well, I was unpacking my stuff-”

 

*munch* *munch*

 

“-and I heard someone enter the dorm-”

 

*munch*

 

“-and then I turned around to find the red head-”

 

*munch*

 

“Soo! Can you maybe eat your chips some other time?”

 

“Sorry, sorry. I’m just really hungry cause I missed breakfast.”

 

“Ok, well, as I was saying. The red head, Tiffany, walks in, and I was really shocked. She was nice about saying sorry, so I didn’t want to be rude-”

 

*munch*

 

“Quit yer choppin’! Can’t yah see I’m tryin’ ta tell you sum’tin here? Fatty,” my mouth spat.

 

 

“Um Sica… I know you’re cold, but I never guessed you were so blunt…”

 

“That’s what I’m talking about Soo! This voice just popped out of me at Tiffany, just like it did to you. It’s like my mouth has its own mind or something.”

 

“Well, well. Ain’t dis gurl a genius. Look sweetheart. I do have my own mind, but unfortunately, I has to share it wit’chu.”

 

“Help me Soo!!!” I begged, “I don’t know what’s happening!!”

 

Sooyoung’s eyes were open wider than they normally are, if that’s even possible. She thought for a bit and said, “Maybe you should see a doctor about this. I mean, this thing might be a medical condition.”

 

Before I could object out of my fear of needles, it took over again.

 

“Yo! Dis thing has feelings yah know. An’ her name be Sooyeon. An’ personally, I don’t like doctors, kinda like da Jessica gurl, right Jess?”

 

I was a little amazed at what the voice, er Sooyeon, just said. “Er, actually, Sooyeon is right. I’d prefer not going to the doctor’s office,” then, turning my conversation internally, “So, Sooyeon, can you maybe explain what you are, so that Sooyoung and I can understand what’s going on better?”

 

My brain tingled a little as Sooyeon dug through her memory.

 

“Yah know sum’tin, I ain’t quite sure what I am. I’m just as stumped as y’all are. All I know is dat I’ve been around in the back’a yer head fer a while, wanting to say stuff, but I couldn’t. Dat is, until today. Quite a mystery. But hey! At least yah got a new friend, dat’s good right? Cause I know Sooyoung here’s like yer only pal in the entire universe excluding yer sis. Haha,” my mouth started laughing on its own.

 

Sooyoung grinned at the joke. “You know, this Sooyeon is quite funny. Maybe it’s good that she’s around. She’s really blunt, but honest.”

 

I smacked my head. What am I going to do with my life…

 

 

Meanwhile…

 

Tiffany POV

 

After Jessica ran out on me, I recovered from my shock enough to digest what happened to me. And then…

 

*crash* *bang*

 

A blur of tan ran into the room and slammed the dorm door shut. Not long after, I heard knocking on the door. I stared at the tan blob that had just invaded my dorm.

 

*pant* *pant*

 

“Tiffany, please save me! Your sister’s trying to experiment some weird stuff on me again. I was taking a nap in the library and woke up tied to a chair with weird wires attached to my head. I think she’s trying to kill-”

 

I chuckled at Yuri’s terrified face. “It’s find Yuri. She’s just testing out her dream hypothesis on random people. I’d say you were just unlucky to be in her way.”

 

“Tiff! Now’s not the time to be laughing! Your crazy dorky sister may be out to the iness out of my brain! You know she’s been after the formula for iness for a while!” Yuri panicked even harder, thinking about how she could lose her iness.

 

“Geez Yuri, that’s not even possible. She only said that to scare you for another test.” I chewed on my lip, thinking back to the fiasco with the blond that had happened moments ago. “Actually, open the door, I need to talk to Yoona about something.”

 

Yuri started sweating. “Are you crazy!? If you let her in she might make my abs vanish or make me less attractive or-”

 

“Yuri, stop being so conceited and open the door,” I ordered.

 

“Ugh! Alright, but I’m hiding in the closet. Don’t tell her I’m here,” she muttered, hiding herself behind my hanged clothes.

 

I waited for her to get settled, and opened the door. No one was there, I looked left and right, searching for my sister, when suddenly, a tall pale girl with glasses and a lab coat on popped out from behind a soda machine with a dog with wires on its head.

 

“Amazing! Unnie! According to my sensors, the thought waves of this dog indicate that it has the ability to communicate using speech. Now, if only I could build a translator-”

 

Looking at the dog’s frightened face, I sighed. “Yoona, please put the dog down. Can’t you see it’s scared of you.”

 

Yoona looked down. “Oh, ok, whatever you say, unnie!” She grinned and freed the dog.

 

“Actually, now that you’re here, I have some questions to ask you.”

 

My sister tilted her head to the side, thinking deeply.

 

“Hey, where’s that tan friend of yours? I didn’t finish my testing on her.”

 

From the closet, I heard the chattering of scared teeth.

 

“Um, I don’t know, I think she climbed out the window or something, haha. Anyways!” I clapped my hands, “I have this friend, my roommate actually, and she’s supposedly kinda cold and quiet. But when I talked to her just a few minutes ago, she sounded all…” I paused, “Gangsterish, I guess is the best way to put it. And the weird part is, she was shocked she said those words too, like she didn’t control her words or something. Do you have some sort of explanation of this?”

 

My little sister pushed her glasses up and chewed on her lip.

 

“Hm, unnie, if I didn’t know any better, I’d say your roommate has a case of multiple personality disorder. Either that or she’s bat crazy, haha,” she chuckled at the thought of it.

 

“Yoona! Don’t use such vulgar language!”

 

Yoona’s head went down in shame. “Sorry, unnie.” But then she instantly perked up and excitedly, she started jumping up and down.

 

“Unnie! Could you introduce me to this roommate of yours?! I’ve always wanted to talk to a person with multiple personalities! Here,” she fumbled around her pockets, “Give her my therapy card and tell her she’s welcome to the campus health center anytime! I gotta go, someone might try to steal my pet chicken if I don’t get back to work. Bye!!”

 

I watched the girl run off. Shaking my head I thought How is someone so smart, so weird…

 

A head peaked out from behind my closet door.

 

“Psst! Tiffany, is the crazy lady gone yet?”

 

“Yuri, that’s not nice! And yes, the crazy lady is gone.”

 

I continued to unpack my bags where I left off. I should probably find Jessica and give her my sister’s card as soon as possible. She looked pretty worried about the weird voice.

 

A/N: Wow, I'm on a roll. Haha. Hope there aren't too many typos and that you guys are enjoying this crazy story :)