Chapter 5: The One with the Announcement

The One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 5: The One with the Announcement

Darkness greeted her as soon as she had entered her home. She sighed, what could she have expected? This was the usual sight for her every day. Since her dad was a prosecutor from a famous law firm, he would only come home if his work permits. While her mom recently started another fellowship in a hospital which would mean that she was rarely home. Nayoung entered her bathroom and proceeded to open the shower. She sat on the bathroom tiles and placed her head on top of her knees.

Once she could feel the coldness seeping into her body, she did her best to take a quick warm bath. After she was done, she sluggishly wrapped her hair in a towel and changed into her pajamas. She did not bother to wait until her hair dries and went immediately to her bed. Soon enough, the tiredness from today’s event caught up with her and she fell asleep.

A click can be heard signaling someone’s return. Sehun opened his eyes and saw Kyungsoo entering the apartment. He stood and went to him asking, “Where is she? Is she fine?” The little boy nodded and took a closer look to examine him. “Do you mind explaining what had happened?”

Sehun sighed in relief and walked towards the living room where all the remaining boys sat. Jongin looked at Kyungsoo and looked back once more on Sehun. “You said you had an important announcement? Well, what is it?” He asked with a hint of impatience.

As soon as Sehun sat down, he eyed all the boys unknowing on how to break the news towards them. He exhaled deeply and closed his eyes. “Me and Nayoung… We broke up.”

Upon hearing the news, the boys, except Kyungsoo, was shocked. Sehun lied when he told Nayoung that she was only a bet made by him and his friends. Although his friends were popular and unexceptionally good-looking, they were not rude and were in fact, gentlemen. There would be times where people would say that they were cold and impassive, but it was just a defense mechanism that they use to put a distance between themselves and the people.

There was a lot of events that had occurred that made them the way there are now. They have been lied and used to before and, hence, they vowed never to let anyone come close anymore. However, Nayoung beca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter