01 | Intro.

The Boy who wanted Everything

Very Important Note: World War II, ended by 1945. By the time South Korea wanted independency and this made an war between both nations, North and South, starting in 1950 and ending by 1953, which is the time Jongin will come back. This story is a bit fictional but I will try my best to keep it real. Thank you all for reading. You need to know as well that Kai's birthday is on january's 14th, you'll understand later. 

 


As always, play this song mates.


It was raining outside, Jongin was in his bed, with a book over his face and only with his pajama pants on. Tomorrow it would be his birthday, his 18's birthday. Which would mean he had to go the war. That idea was making him frustrated, he wanted everything less to kill people, even if they were from the other nation. He could hear his mom crying on the other room, knowing she didn't want that future for him either. "Aish." He whispered under his book and took it off his face sitting on the bed, biting his lower lip out of flutter. He heard big airplanes passing over his house and looked out of the window "Americans." he whispered again and got the strength to get up, it was morning already and he had to go meet his father, who was probably in the farm. He thought he was lucky to live in the farm, far way from the main city but that didn't mean a thing, even if he tried to hide the guards would find him. He got his shirt and left his room, passing by his mother. "Good morning" he smiled to her, warmly and lovingly, as everyone who loves their mother smiles. His mother wiped her tears quickly and went to him, hugging him gently. "Good morning my dear son, your father is waiting for you. He needs to talk with you."

"Something's wrong mom?" he asked, raising a brow in perfection as he faced turned into a light frown. His mother simply shook her head, but he could see how pain she had hidden, now he knew. It was about war. He left his place, holding a piece of bread not feeling like eating but knowing he had to. He saw his father, still young, around 30 years now, jumping of his horse and patting the horse torso before noticing his son and smiling gently and warmly, approaching his son and hugging him tight "My son." Jongin simply smiled and hugged him back, patting his dad back "Father". He broke the hug and looked at his father, before looking up to the sound of airplanes passing above his head, his father analyzed his son expression, noticing how scared his eyes were, how he didn't want to go. He was only 17, he was a child. His father knew now he had made the right choice, he took a white paper out of his jacket pocket and gave to his son, who looked at him, blinking a few times. 

"What is this?" Jongin asked.

"Just read what is in there." His father said to him, Jongin did as his father said, he was lucky because even though Korea was a really difficult place at the time, his parents were able to teach him and his older brother how to read. As he started to read his eyes turned wide;

TICKET TO AMERICA

Departure | 13's January | 9:15 pm
Seoul Air Base

His expression was now confused as he kept glancing to his father, his hands shaking a bit, "You know son, I already lost your brother. Even though he's alive he will never be the same, if he comes back that is." he almost mumbled the last part and looked to his son again "The train takes off by 4 pm so you can get to Seoul at time. By then you will meet a man, he will take you to this airport, is a military airport, but there's still flights for those who desire to run away from the war. It's forbidden but, you will be able to do all this." He smiled bitterly and Jongin felt tears running down his cheeks as he knew he wouldn't have to go to war but because he knew he would have to leave his country, his land specially, his father and mother. "But.." there was a but. "That man has a daughter, a beautiful one. I want you to run away while the war is happening but as soon as the war is over you come back and you marry her." Jongin listened to everything and nodded, he couldn't disagree, besides marriage to him was just a game between both woman and man, a game to keep his blood still alive in earth, he didn't believe in love, for him that was not rational. "But father." still, even if he was grateful, wasn't it better if he just stayed?

"No buts." His father looked at him "Your mom made your bags already, after lunch you leave. No buts." he repeated and Jongin simply nodded, before hugging his father again as more tears would run from his eyes, he was so grateful no words could describe what he was feeling. His father hugged him back, holding him like he never did, knowing this could be the last time if something went wrong, if someone found him, if-- so many if's would pop out in his head. "Now go help your mother. I will finish here." he said breaking the hug and wiping his tears. And his son did as he asked.

 


 

The smell of the train was the same as when Jongin was a kid, he remembered the first time he took a ride of the train, along with his mother, father and older brother. To run away from Seoul to the country side. His family was rich, but still they all decided that running away was better. Money didn't matter much, nor the "color of the blood". Jongin looked at his father who was reading a card before giving to him "This is your new identification. Your name is now Kai. Never answer with Jongin. If someone asks, you are a country side boy who was called by Americans so you could help with flights as you are now an aviator. Don't forget to look confident when you lie." and before Jongin could reply the train arrived and his father pushed him to enter the train "I love you son.", he looked at his father and hugged him once again before taking steps back and waving "I love you dad" and the train left, Jongin felt his heart breaking as he took the seat near the window yet he couldn't help but to smile. He took his notebook and started writing, 

"My trip."

 

 


 

HI GUYS, so what do you think? Was this a good intro?
It's really hard to write based on history you know? Trying to make all pieces make sense together.
I searched a little before writing and I will keep on doing that.
I hope you guys liked it. Please comment bellow so I can know.