Part 3

Never Say Never

It was Thursday. It’s been a day. I haven’t’ talked to him. I haven’t been sitting with him. I’ve ignored him. This is crazy.

“Hey,” I looked up and saw Junho standing over me.

“Hi,” I said.

“Have you talked to him yet?” He asked. He was talking about WooYoung.

“No.” I said.

“It doesn’t look like it.” He said with a smile.

“Well, I haven’t’ talked to him, so can you go away?” I asked. SooYoung walked to the table and kissed Junho on the cheek.

“Don’t tell him to go away.” She said. I rolled my eyes.

“It’s private.”’ I said, picking at my food.

“What’s wrong this time?” Yoona asked, sitting beside me.

“I’m gonna go now.” Junho said. He started for his table. I looked over at it. WooYoung was sitting there. He was looking at me. I blinked and smiled. He smiled back and looked down again.

“So, it’s him?” Yoona asked. I laughed.

“I don’t know what’s going on.” I said.

“He likes you, right?” Yoona asked again.

“How’d you know?” I asked.

“He told me.” She explained. I smiled.

“Yea, it’s complicated.” I said. SooYoung sat and looked at me dumbfounded.

“He likes you?” she asked. I nodded and smiled again.

“You know what? This is stupid! I don’t care if he likes me! He’s still my friend!” Yoona laughed and nodded.

“Bring him back over here! He needs to talk!” she said. I stood and an announcement came on.

“Don’t forget, Winter Formal is next Friday!” a cheerleader said. I slumped back down in my seat.

“Or not.” I said. I looked back to where WooYoung was sitting. He was picking at his food while everyone else was talking. I could make out Junho’s words.

“Winter Formal is the best dance of the year…aside from prom, that is.” He said. Great, they’re talking about Winter Formal.

“Ooh~ We should all go!” Yoona said.

“I don’t know…” I said.

“Well, whatever you guys choose, I’m going with Junho.” SooYoung said.

“I think I’ll just ask someone to go with me too then.” Yoona said.

“Well, what about you?” SooYoung asked me.

“I don’t know.” I said. I found myself looking back to where WooYoung was sitting.

“You should go with him.” Yoona said. I jerked my head back to her.

“Oh, no. As friends, sure, but not as a date.” I said.

“Hey, TaeYeon?” I looked behind me and saw Key standing behind me.

“Hey, Key.” I said.

“Um, I was wondering...do you wanna go to Winter Formal with me?” He asked. I looked back to the girls who looked as if their eyes were gonna pop out. Then I looked over to WooYoung. He was looking at me. His eyes seemed begging, yet intense.

“…sure…” I said, after a moment of hesitation. Key smiled brightly and thanked me.

“Why did you say yes?” Yoona asked.

“It’s not like anyone else is gonna ask me!” I said.

“Well, WooYoung looks bummed out.” SooYoung said. She was looking at WooYoung, who was talking to Junho. It was more likely that SooYoung was staring at Junho than looking at WooYoung.

“Oh…I’m sure he wasn’t gonna…” I trailed off when WooYoung stood and left the cafeteria. Junho looked at me and shook his head. He walked over and sighed.

“He asked you to the Winter Formal, didn’t he?” Junho asked me. He was talking about Key.

“Uh…yea.” I said.

“And you said yes.” He said. I nodded.

“Damnit.” He said. I furrowed my eyebrows.

“What?’ I asked.

“WooYoung…he was wanting to ask you.” He said. I should’ve known.

“See? I told you!” SooYoung said.

“Oh, well. Tell him that I’m sorry.” I said.

“Why don’t you? It’ll probably be better for you to tell him than me.” Junho suggested. I nodded and Junho walked away.

“I’ll see you guys later.” I said, and left in search of WooYoung. I walked out of the cafeteria and walked down the hall. I saw Junho standing in the hallway. He was staring at something. I stepped beside him and saw WooYoung talking to Tiffany. He was smiling. He was laughing.

“See you later.” WooYoung said. Tiffany nodded and walked away. I looked at Junho.

“I guess there’s nothing to apologize about after all.” I said. Junho looked at me and shook his head. I saw WooYoung turn our way. I smiled and bit my lip.

“TaeYeon.” He said.

“WooYoung.” I said.

“I’ll leave.” Junho said.

“See you.” I said. Junho nodded and walked away.

“Well, I see you’ve got yourself a date for Winter Formal.” WooYoung nodded.

“I guess you know I’m going with Key then?” I asked. He nodded again.

“Well, I’ll see you in class?” I said.

“Yea.” He said. I nodded and turned around.

-------------------------------------------

The next few days were rainy. Why wasn’t it snowing instead? Then I wouldn’t have to go to school…or at least I would have an excuse to not see WooYoung so much or Key.

“I hate rain.” I said as Junho pulled into the parking lot. Usually I drive, but I hate driving in the rain, so he’s driving.

“It’s alright.” He said. I sighed and pulled out my umbrella and got out of the car. The rain suddenly stopped, or got lighter and I saw snowflakes.

“It’s snowing!” Someone said. Everyone cheered, but as soon as they did, it started raining again. I sighed.

“So much for the cheering.” I said. I looked at my watch. We still had thirty minutes until class started. I leaned on the car and looked out. I saw WooYoung’s car pull in. He pulled in right beside me and got out of the car. We started talking a little more lately.

“Hey,” I said. He smiled.

“Hey, so are you ready for Winter Formal today?” he asked. I shrugged.

“Sure, but really, I don’t wanna go with Key.” I said. He laughed.

“Well, you can always stand him up.” He said. I laughed. He didn’t have an umbrella and his hood was getting soaked. I pulled him over beside me and put the umbrella over both of us.

“Thanks.” He said. I nodded and smiled.

“I guess, but I don’t wanna be mean.” I said.

“Oh look! There’s a soft side to Kim TaeYeon!” he said. I smiled and punched his arm.

“You can go back out in the rain if you want!” I said. He laughed.

“Nope, I’m good.” He said.

“Sophomore newbie!” someone called out. Everyone knew what that meant besides some of the freshmen. It meant there were sophomores who were new to driving in dangerous driving conditions.

“Well, how long until class?” he asked.

“About 20 minutes.” I said. I heard a loud tire squeal and headlights flashed right at us. I stood there frozen as a car was headed straight toward WooYoung and me.

“Look out!” Someone else called out. I couldn’t move.

“TaeYeon!” I heard. WooYoung grabbed my shoulders and pushed me out of the way, but it was too late, we were both hit as he jumped out of the way and I was pushed out of the way.

I felt water dripping on me and I heard a girl scream.

“Someone call 911!” a guy said.

“Jang WooYoung! Kim TaeYeon!” I heard. It was Junho. He shook me, but I couldn’t move. A sharp pain went through me when he did. And then, everything went black.

-------------------------------------------

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

There was a beeping noise beside me, and I felt someone’s hand over mine. I tried to open my eyes, but I couldn’t.

“Junho?” I heard. Someone had come into the room. The voice was familiar.

“Huh?” Junho said.

“You should go get some sleep.” I could tell the voice was SooYoung. I felt my eyelids get lighter and I opened my eyes. Everything was blurry at first and then it got clearer.

“TaeYeon?” SooYoung asked.

“SooYoung?” I asked. My voice was hoarse.

“TaeYeon!” Junho said, standing up.

“Junho.” I said. I smiled now.

“Oh thank God.” He said. I laughed.

“How long was I asleep?” I asked.

“A week?” SooYoung asked.

“A week and two days. Almost.” Junho said.

“Oh, that’s a long time.” I said. Then I remembered everything that happened. WooYoung……

“Wait, what happened to WooYoung?” I asked. Junho smiled.

“I knew you would ask.” He said.

“Look behind me.” He said. I looked behind him and saw WooYoung lying on the hospital couch, sleeping.

“Oh. Did he get hurt a lot?” I asked.

“No. You got hit harder. He was only asleep for three days. He got hit slightly, but you…” he said. I hadn’t noticed anything, but now I felt my right leg throbbing.

“Oh…”  I said.

“Yea, they didn’t hit you too hard, but hard enough to knock you out for a week and two days and fracture your leg.” He said. I looked at my leg.

“Wow…” I said.

“And what about the car?’ I asked. SooYoung and Junho looked at each other and laughed.

“It depends which one you’re talking about. Yours or the sophomores?” SooYoung asked.

“Uh…mine.” I said.

“Well, yours was literally destroyed, can’t say much for the sophomore’s car either. But the driver wasn’t hurt at all.” She said. I laughed.

“So, how long have you been here?” I asked Junho.

“Not nearly as long as WooYoung.” He said. I looked at WooYoung again.

“How long as he been here?” I asked.

“apart from the three days he was unconscious, right after they let him out, he’s been here all day and all night. I’ve only been here for two days. And not even full days. I got here two hours ago after I got off from taking WooYoung’s place at the sandwich shop.” He said. My jaw dropped.

“Oh! I forgot about the sandwich shop!” I said.

“It’s okay. Yoona, SooYoung, HyoYeon, and I’ve been filling in for both of your hours.” He said. I sighed.

“Thank you guys so much.” I said.

“Well, you should sleep for the rest of the night.” Junho said. I nodded and looked over to WooYoung. He had bags under his eyes and his wrist was wrapped.

“Oh, he fractured his wrist so he couldn’t do much. That’s why we had to fill in for him too while he watched you.” SooYoung said. It was like she was reading my mind.

“Oh, okay.” I said.

“Well, try to sleep okay? SooYoung and I are gonna leave now.” Junho said. I said my goodbyes and watched them leave. As soon as they left, I looked back over to WooYoung.

“Stupid boy. You should’ve gone home and got some rest. You look a mess right now. You didn’t have to look over me all day. That’s what the nurse’s job is.” I said. I felt tears well up in my eyes. One fell and I let it drop into my ear and back out.

“Stupid…” I closed my eyes and let the tears drop.

-------------------------------------------

It was Tuesday. And it was raining. But it was the last day of school before we got out for winter break, and the final bell had just rang.

“I’m sorry about Winter Formal.” I said. Key stared at me and smiled.

“It’s okay. I’m over it now.” He said. He got up out of his seat and walked up to Nicole, a new student. She laughed at something he said and they marched out of the class, holding hands.

“Wow…” I said.

“That was a waste.” SooYoung said. Everyone was scattered around everywhere in the school.

“Ha, I know.” I turned around and saw SooYoung and Junho, holding hands and talking.

“Oh…okay.” I sighed and walked away from the couple. I walked down the hall and found Yoona, when I got closer I could see her talking to a guy with blonde hair.

“Hey, Yoona.” I said when I got closer.

“Oh hey! Have you met Nichkhun? He’s new here!” She said pointing to the guy.

“Hi, I’m TaeYeon.” I said.

“I’m Nichkhun, but you can call me Khun.” He said. I smiled and nodded.

“So, wat are you doing after school?” I asked.

“Oh, I’m gonna get some lunch with Khun. You wanna come?” Yoona asked. She seemed to like his company.

“Uh, no thanks but thanks for the offer.” I said. I said bye and walked further down the hall.

“TaeYeon.” I heard my name when I reached the end of the hall and the stairs. I looked down and saw WooYoung looking up at me. I smiled and walked down to where he was.

“What are you doing here?” I asked.

“Nothing much, just trying to get away from the crowd.” He said. I smiled.

“Ah~ Everyone’s either going out with their boyfriends or hanging out with a friend after this, but me.” I said. WooYoung laughed.

“Well, I’m not everyone, am I?’ he asked. I looked at him surprised.

“You’re not doing anything later?” I asked he shook his head.

“Well, you wanna go hang at my house? It’ll be like old times.” I said. He smiled and nodded.

“Well then, let’s go!” I said.

-------------------------------------------

There was a strong silence as we both sat in the living room, sipping juice.

“So…” I said.

“So…” WooYoung said.

“I guess you were wrong. It’s not like old times when we used to talk about everything.” He said. I smiled and nodded.

“Yea, it’s just not the same ever since…” I trailed off.

“Ever since I started liking you…” he finished for me. I nodded and looked down.

“Yea I know. It’s just been hard for me. I’ve tried, honestly to stop liking you, but it still hasn’t worked.” He said. I became speechless. What do I say? Should I say to just forget about it? Or should I tell him maybe I’ll like him too one day? What am I feeling? What do I do?

“Oh…” Was all I could say. He laughed and looked at me.

“But you don’t have to worry about it.” He assured me.

“Oh…” I said again. The sound of a door opening came and Junho and SooYoung stepping into the house, followed by HyoYeon.

“Hey, man.” Junho said when he saw WooYoung. WooYoung nodded to him.

“Hyo!” I said. Hyo ran over to me and hugged me.

“Eeeep! Are you okay?” she asked looking me up and down.

“I’m fine now.” I said.

“And what about you? Are you okay?’ She asked turning to WooYoung. He smiled and nodded.

“Oh thank God!” she said. WooYoung and I looked to each other and laughed.

“Thanks for being so worried.” I said to Hyo. She smiled.

“How can I not?” she asked. She looked around and when she didn’t see anything, she became serious.

“Junho’s gonna break up with SooYoung.” Hyo said. My eyes got wide and I looked at her, then to WooYoung, and then back to Hyo.

“What?!” I said.

“Yea, he told me a while ago.” She said. I cocked my head to the side.

“But they seem fine to me.” I said. WooYoung nodded in agreement.

“I guess he just doesn’t feel much for her anymore.” She said. I nodded and slumped back down in my seat.

“Wow…I wonder why he didn’t tell me…” I then thought back to when Junsu broke up with me. WooYoung knew and he made me avoid Junsu for as long as he could because he didn’t want me to get hurt.

“Oh… I get why he didn’t tell me now…” I said. I looked up and saw WooYoung looking at me. I could tell from his eyes that he knew what I was referring to. Out of nowhere, SooYoung came running down the stairs.

“Did you know about this?’ she asked me. I shook my head.

“I just now found out. With you running down the stairs and asking me about it furiously. I’m sorry. If I did, I would’ve tried to either stop him, or told you.” I said. SooYoung nodded.

“I’m sorry I’m so furious.” She said with a laugh. She whipped some of the tears and a few more dropped. I put my arms out to her. She walked over and hugged me.

“I’m sorry.” I said. My left shoulder was getting wet, but I didn’t care. My friend was hurt and I had to do something.

“Aww, SooYoung.” Hyo said. She hugged SooYoung and me together. I glanced over at WooYoung who looked uncomfortable.

“Go talk to Junho.” I mouthed. He nodded and walked upstairs.

“I’m glad there’s someone here for me. Or two people at that.” SooYoung said pulling away from Hyo and me.

-------------------------------------------

I closed the door and sighed.

“That was a long while.” I heard from behind me. I turned around and saw WooYoung.

“Oh, yea. What time is it?” I asked. It was pitch black outside.

“It’s…10:47.” He said checking his phone. My jaw dropped.

“Ten forty-seven?!” I asked. He smiled and nodded.

“Oh my gosh! Time passes pretty quick doesn’t it?” I asked.

“To my understanding, yes.” He said. I rolled my eyes and slapped his arm.

“Eh, whatever.” I said.

“Haha~ Anyways, Junho’s kinda bummed. I don’t see why he’s so bummed. He broke up with SooYoung because he didn’t feel for her anymore, but he feels bad for doing it.” He explained. I saw Junho coming from upstairs and into the kitchen. His face was pretty red and he was stumbling.

“Are you drunk?!” I asked. Junho turned to me and then went back to looking in the fridge.

“Oh, yea. He is. He’s got like three packs of beer in his room. I guess he finished those off.” WooYoung said. And it was the first time I really saw it.

“You drank too, didn’t you?” I asked. WooYoung’s eyes got wide but then he nodded.

“It was two cans. Big deal.” He said.

“But…” I said.

“What else was I supposed to do?” he asked.

“I don’t know.” I said. I felt bad now. Junho came out of the kitchen with three more packs of beer (which I had no idea we had that much.) and sat down in the living room.

“Common.” WooYoung said. He turned away from me and walked over to Junho. I followed him cautiously. When we got close, I could already smell the alcohol.

“Oh my gosh.” I said trying to fan it away. Junho grabbed a can and opened it. He gulped down about half of it and sat there.

“You better stop or I’m gonna join you.” I said. Junho looked at me and smirked.

“Try me.” He said. I shrugged and grabbed a can, opened it and drank. WooYoung sat beside me and grabbed a can too. I guess he was petitioning against Junho with me.

“Well, join the party.” Junho said. I was amazed that he wasn’t slurring his words.

Soon, everyone had downed at least six cans. My vision was getting blurry and I was slumped over in my seat.

“You’re drunk.” Junho said. I rolled my eyes, or at least attempted it.

“No I’m not.” I said. My words were slurred.

“And you are too.” He said to WooYoung.

“And you’re not?” WooYoung said back to him. Junho was holding on pretty well.

“I don’t care. I’m going to sleep.” He said. Moments later, I was sitting in the living room with WooYoung.

“You know, I think I like you too.” I said. WooYoung’s head popped up.

The next thing I knew, his lips and mine were moving in sync. I felt him tugging on my shirt and felt a smile coming on my lips. We moved to my room and I reached into my desk drawer and pulled out a small packet.

-------------------------------------------

The sun was beaming into my room and I opened my eyes. I felt my covers wrapped around my body tightly.

“What?” I asked myself. I sat up and felt only a loose t-shirt on me. My head was banging and I was freezing cold. I looked around and saw my clothes scattered around. I immediately jumped up and pulled on some clothes, and then I cleaned the scattered clothes and sat back down.

“Did we use protection?” I asked myself. I lifted the blankets and made sure there were no signs of anything. I walked into my bathroom and looked in the waste basket. There it was, properly disposed. I sighed.

I heard my phone give out the signal for a text. I immediately ran over to it and checked it.

From: WooYoung

Sorry.

Sent: 9:34 a.m.

I sighed and walked downstairs.

“Hi honey.” Mom said. I stiffened and smiled.

“Hey mom.” I said.

“So, I saw your friend leave when I came back.” She said. I nodded.

“Yea.” I said.

“Did you use protection?” she asked. I stiffened again. She looked away from the TV and at me.

“Well? Did you? I’m not gonna punish you or anything. I’m just gonna ask this one question, do you love him?” she asked. I didn’t have an answer to that.

“Oh goodness.” She said. I sighed.

“Actually, I do. I just don’t know if it’s like that yet.” I said. I got up to take a shower.

“Oh and mom?” she looked at me again.

“We did use protection.” I said.

------------------------------------------- 

 


Oh~ And I've created aLivejournal, so I'll be posting lots of WooTae One-Shots there so go visit! -> http://luvfanfichome.livejournal.com/
 Okay~ Well, i've decided to do some PR's and just try them. I've started them on Soompi and Soshified too, so yea~ Here goes nothing...

Jnster: Hey! Oh, yea...well, at least you know I have a story now! haha~ And OMG! I kept yelling that when I was reading 'Taengoo's PREGO?!' Well...something like that...it kinda changes as the situation changed, but oh well! Same deal! haha~ Anyways, I'm glad you like it! THanks for the comment!

crushiee: hey~ did I update soon enough for ya? haha~ JUST KIDDING! And yea, I know Taeng is clueless. And I SO TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU! Having a guy best friendstart liking you would be amazing...well...as long as it was a decent guy best friend that you minght actually think about dating...haha~ JK! Anywho, thanks for reading! And the comment!  :

Taetaeii: ooh~ I'm glad you like the story and think it's cute! And I think I updated pretty fast, but I'm kinda sad it's comming to an end soon...hahaha~ that was a spoiler...anyhow, thanks for reading! Oh! And i like your username! It's cute!

wootaedaebak: Hehe~ I think I updated soon enough, and thanks for liking the story! I think it gets a little corny in the next few parts, but hope you like it! And Taeng might be a dork, but that's what we love about her!

ah_thien: Hi! ohh~ yes, Taeng is very clueless. He gave her so many hints! Haha~ and I made it that way so she did really seem dorky! Ha~ Thanks for reading!

kmluv2pm: Haha~ I had to make it exciting and expenseful because it is a short story, and it only has a few parts to it, but I hope you don't mind! And I see you around on a lot of WooTae fict around here! You must be a WooTae fanattic like me! hehe~ Or maybe you just like them. But it's the same difference. Ha~ Anyways, thanks for reading!

kmluv2pm  soHekmluv2pm  kmluv2pm