Part 5

Never Say Never

There was a loud ringing and suddenly it stopped. I immediately opened my eyes and saw WooYoung, watching me from the edge of the bed. I smiled and laughed.

“What was that?” I asked.

“Your alarm.” He said. I looked over at a box and my red alarm was on it.

“Oh…ugh…what time is it?” I asked, closing my eyes again.

“Seven. You have forty minutes to get ready. We have to leave by 7:40. It takes twenty minutes to get to school.” He explained, unpacking my box of clothes. I looked up and saw that is was the small box.

“Wait! Not that box!” I said. I threw my covers off and ran over to him. But it was too late. He pulled out a bunch of bras and underwear.

“Dang…” I said. WooYoung looked at me and laughed.

“Why’d you say wait?” he asked. I sighed.

“I didn’t want you to see that.” I said. I felt my cheeks turn hot.

“Why?” he asked again.

“I don’t know…it’s embarrassing.” I said, shrugging and blushing. He stood up and walked over to me. He wrapped his arms around my waist and smiled.

“It’s not embarrassing when it’s your future husband.” He said. Then I remembered the wedding ring. I looked down at my hand. It was there.

“Oh…okay.” I said. I smiled now. He kissed my nose.

“Go wash up. We have 30 minutes.” He said. I nodded and pulled out some clothes. I grabbed a shirt and jeans, then a bra and a pair of underwear.

“I’ll be right back.” I said. I took a shower and came out, feeling refreshed.

“Hey, are you allowed to get this ring wet?” I asked, putting it back on. WooYoung looked at me and smiled.

“Yea, but I wouldn’t. It might slip off your finger.” He explained. I nodded and grabbed my purse and books.

“Okay, let’s go.” I said. When we walked out, Junho and HyoYeon were already sitting on the couch, talking with animation.

“Let’s go!” I yelled the two looked at me and smiled.

“Okay.” Hyo said, jumping up and grabbing her purse and books. Junho grabbed his small backpack and walked outside in front of me and WooYoung. We slipped out and locked the door. I did my best to hide the ring from Hyo and Junho.

“Hey, what’s that? Is it a new couple ring?” Hyo asked from behind me. I looked up at WooYoung. He smiled and nodded.

“Look!” I said. I gave her my hand. She examined it for a moment, and her eyes went wide.

“No way!” She yelled. I nodded.

“Common! We’re gonna be late!” Junho said from the car. I smiled and skipped off to WooYoung’s car.

“You’re not gonna ride with us?” Hyo asked. I shook my head.

“Okay, but we’re gonna talk about this sooner or later!” she said. I nodded and got into his car.

“Heat! I need  heat!” I yelled when I got in. WooYoung laughed and started the car. After a few minutes, my toes and hands were so warm, I wanted to kiss WooYoung for having such an awesome car.

“I love your car.” I said. He laughed.

“It’s the same as anyone else’s car.” He said, turning a corner.

“No it’s not! It has seat warmers!” I said. He smiled and nodded.

“You’re right. My car is awesome.” He said. I rolled my eyes.

“Hey, I don’t want a cocky husband.” I said. He smiled and nodded. We finally pulled into the campus, and I sighed.

“NO! I don’t wanna get out!” I said. WooYoung laughed. He got out and opened my door.

“Common.” He said. I sighed and got out. As soon as we got out of the small parking space, I hugged him tightly.

“It’s freezing!” I said.

“Let me see the ring!” Junho said, coming from behind me. I rolled my eyes and pretended not to hear him.

"Let me see the ring!" he said again. This time, Hyo came up from behind me.

"Let us see he ring!" She said. She was talking to both of us. I smiled and kept walking.

"Not now!" I said. I saw SooYoung up ahead. She was waiting for us.

"Hey!" I said. I waved to SooYoung.

"Dangit! It's the left hand!" Hyo exclaimed. I laughed.

"Stop! I said not now!" I said. SooYoung looked at the four of us oddly.

"What are you guys talking about?" she asked.

"It's the ring." Hyo said. SooYoung blanked out for a minute and then came back with her jaw hanging open.

"No way." She said, looking at me and then WooYoung.

"Yes way!" I said, then I pulled out my hand and let the ring shine in the morning light.

"Ohmigosh! It's beautiful!" SooYoung said. HyoYeon said nothing and just stared.

"How much dude?" Junho asked WooYoung.

"Eh...I don't know if this is okay for the girls to handle." WooYoung answered.

"Is is ridiculously high?" Junho asked. WooYoung nodded.

"Are you crazy? Your mom knows about this right?" I asked. WooYoung nodded and smiled.

"Don't worry. It's okay. My parents are the ones who suggested I design the whole thing." he said. I ceased my frown and smiled again, giving him a hug.

"So you designed the wedding rings and the engagement ring?" I said.

"Yes, but don't worry." he assured me again.

"We better get to class." SooYoung said. I looked over at Junho, wanting everyone to feel happy again. He saw me and smiled.

"Hey, hold on, I gotta talk to you." he said to SooYoung. I saw the tension in her shoulders.

"We'll catch up." Junho said. I smiled and walked by SooYoung.

"Loose the tension." I whispered to her. She smiled and I left the two.

"Thanks." I said to Hyo. She looked up and smiled.

"Can I move into your room now?" she asked. I looked up at WooYoung.

"Sure, but uh...It might be a little dangerous at night..." I said. WooYoung and I laughed while HyoYeon looked at us weirdly.

"Okay, but I just don't wanna disturb Junho." she said. I smiled.

"Of course you can move into my room." I said. She smiled and thanked me as we all took our seats. Junho and SooYoung came in and sat in their regular seats. SooYoung wore a smiled that lit up the whole room while Junho tried to look casual.

"Hello everyone, it's good to see that everyone is back from the weekend. I'm surprised no one has dropped out yet...haha, just kidding." the professor said walking into the class. He looked at everyone and stopped at me and Junho.

"Ah, Mr. and Mrs. Lee." he said. Junho and I both smiled.

"Good to see you two back after almost a week of absences. I'll expect you two to do much to catch up." he said. I smiled wider and nodded. It was good to be back.

"Actually Mr. Park." Hyo said raising her hand. He nodded for her to keep talking.

"I'm sure you said Mrs. Lee to TaeYeon, but she's gonna become Mrs. Jang soon." I felt my eyes widen and my jaw drop. Everyone in the class hollered.

"You're engaged?" Mr. Park asked. I felt my cheeks get hot.

"Actually...yea I am." I said. Mr. Park raised an eyebrow.

"I see. You leave my class for a week and you get engaged. How tremendous!" he said. everyone broke out laughing. I felt WooYoung's hand reach for mine under the table. I took it and put my fingers between his.

"Ahh, yes I see now. You were proposed to by Mr. Jang sitting beside you, am I correct?" he asked. I smiled again and nodded. Everyone hollered again.

"Well, I'm very happy for the two of you. Am I invited to the wedding?" He asked everyone nodded. I looked at WooYoung, not knowing the answer.

"Of course." he said. I smiled.

"Well, thank you. So, I would love to hear about your...proposal, but we're running out of time, so uh, remind me later." he said. I nodded. I looked at WooYoung when the lesson started. He smiled back to me and I felt a warm fuzziness inside me.

-------------------------------------------

Four Months Later

-------------------------------------------

School was out now and wedding plans were done. The wedding was in a week. And boy was I excited.
 

"Hey, common, let's go!" Yoona said from the car. I let out a sigh of excitement and locked the door.

"Coming!" I said. We were on our way to go pick out my wedding dress. I got in the car and smiled.

"Are you excited?" HyoYeon asked. I stuck my tongue out and nodded.

"Well, you ought to be. I'd be so excited too." SooYoung said.
 

We pulled into the parking lot to the dress shop and walked inside. There were elegant furniture and music playing in the background.

"Do you have an appointment?" someone asked. I turned around and saw a lady much older than me. I smiled.

"Um, yes. We have an appointment for 3:30?" Yoona asked. The lady looked into a huge book and smiled.

"I usually don't see younger people here for a wedding dress. You are my first." she said to Yoona. Yoona blushed and smiled.

"Well, it's not my wedding. It's hers." she said, pointing to me. I smiled. The lady put her eyes on me. She looked at me and then smiled.

"Well, I guess you are my first. So tell me, why getting married so early?" she asked as she led us into a smaller room. It was a room filled with wedding dresses.
 

"Oh, are you pregnant? You don't seem like the type to go around and sleep with young boys." she said. I smiled.

"No, I'm not pregnant. I was just proposed to at a young age, I guess." the lady smiled and stopped. On one side was a rack of long dresses and on the other, short dresses.
 

"I recon you should wear a shorter dress. I imagine this wedding outdoors, am I correct?" she asked turning to me. I nodded. She smiled and told me to go ahead. The other girls had already dug up a pile of dresses.

"Okay, two dresses per person!" I said. They all put at least three back and handed six dresses to me.

"I told them that I wouldn't pick." I said. The lady nodded and took me to a circular room with deep cream curtains covering it.

"My helpers should be here in a few minutes." she said. She led the other girls out and after a moment, I could hear them in the room beside mine.

"Hurry up TaeYeon! I'm dying to see you in my dress!" Hyo yelled from the other side.

"Oh stop yelling." I said. They laughed as two other women came in.

I tried on three dresses and decided to stop.
 

"I'm getting this one." I said. The women nodded and opened up the curtains for me to step out.

"Wait, there were three more!" SooYoung said. I nodded.

"I didn't wanna try those on. I already decided. And it's not any of yours." I said to the three of them.
 

The dress was snow white and strapless. It was tighter from the chest until the waist and then down was ruffled. around the top part were tiny flowers.

"Doesn't WooYoung have to come so you guys can choose on black tux or white?" Hyo asked. I nodded seeing WooYoung come up the stairs.
 

"And that's why I'm here." he said. The three looked behind them and saw WooYoung come up to me. I smiled at gave him a kiss as he wrapped his arms around me.

"Oh, well I guess we'll be going then." the others said. We said our goodbyes and let them go.

"That took a while. I tried on three dresses and it took me about an hour and half." I said. WooYoung laughed.

"Well, you found one?" he asked. I nodded.

"I didn't let the other girls see it though. I wanted it to be a surprise." I said, laughing.

"Well, are you gonna try it on for me?" he asked. I shook my head and pretended to zip my lips.

"It's a secret." I said. 

"So, is this the lucky man?" the lady asked coming from behind the curtains. I nodded.

"Well, you're one lucky boy, son. Your bride is beautiful." she said. WooYoung smiled and thanked her.

"Okay, so I'm assuming you're here so you can pick out what kind and color?" she asked.

"Actually, we already kind of had something in mind." I said. She raised an eyebrow.

"Ready and planning ahead. I like it." she said. She winked at us and went to get something. She brought a book of tuxedoes.

"Okay, look through and pick out what's closest to what you have in mind." she said. She left with us sitting there with the book.

"Okay, let's get started." I said.
 

We picked out the all time traditional black tux and left.

"Okay, that took way too long. I was supposed to go out with the girls today, but I guess that's not gonna happen." I said. I buckled myself in as WooYoung started the car.

"You wanna go out with me?" he asked. I turned to him and smiled.

"Is that a date?" I asked. He smiled and nodded.

"Okay. Take me somewhere." I said. He smiled and drove off.
 

-------------------------------------------

I fell asleep for most of the time, and when I felt the car stop, I opened my eyes.

"How long were you driving?" I asked him.
 

"A few hours." he said. I looked out the window. It was almost pitch black.
 

"Where are we?" I asked. WooYoung pointed in front of him. I looked out the windshield and saw waves crashing onto the shore. My eyes widened and I looked over at WooYoung. But he was already outside. I saw him come around the car and he opened my door. I unbuckled my seatbelt and got out. He took my hand and led me to the shore.
 

"I haven't been to the beach since..." I trailed off.

"I know. That's why I brought you here." he said. I smiled and sat on the sand.

"I can't believe we're gonna be married in a few days." I said.

"I can't believe I'm gonna be married to you." he said sitting beside me.

"What? Why?" I asked.

"Because, for all my life I knew you as just a friend. And all of a sudden, I like you. Then we both realize that we really do love each other, and now look at us. We're gonna get married. I just can't believe it." he explained. I smiled.

"I can't believe you didn't like me even before." I said. WooYoung laughed.

"I think we should stop playing the 'I can't believe' game." he said. I smiled and nodded.

"I sometimes think I'm really lucky...to have someone like you." I said.

"Me too. To be your boyfriend. I mean fiancée, it's a miracle." He said. I smiled and put my head on his shoulder. I hugged him and sighed.

"This is nice." I said. The stars were visible now.

"I love the beach. There isn't much light pollution, so I can see the stars really well. It's so pretty." I said.

"But not as pretty as you." he said. I pulled away from him and raised an eyebrow.

"Really? You're gonna be that cheesy?" I asked. He laughed and pulled me back into his arms.

"You know you like it." he said. I rolled my eyes and after a moment I nodded. I loved it.
 

-------------------------------------------

A week later

-------------------------------------------

"Okay, clam down. I'm the one getting married here, remember?" I told SooYoung. She was definitely more nervous than I was.

"Yea, I remember." she said. She hadn't moved a muscle since we got here.
 

"OMG, please, loosen up! It's TaeYeon's big day and you don't wanna ruin it!" HyoYeon said. I nodded.
 

"Okay..." she said. I smiled. Yoona entered the room with Khun following her.

"Hey, I thought it was no men allowed!" HyoYeon said. I looked at her weirdly.

"Since when?" I asked. She turned to me and blushed.

"Or maybe that was just what I thought..." she said.

"Well, Khun doesn't know where to go." Yoona said.

"Aww, always caring for your boyfriend." HyoYeon said.

"Oh be quiet. You're just jealous of everyone because we have boyfriends, and a fiancée when you don't." Yoona said. I smiled.
 

"It's not like I don't want a boyfriend. There's just no one good." Hyo said.

"Well, she did have a boyfriend. It just didn't work." SooYoung said.
 

"Yea, yea, yea. We all know the story." Yoona said. She walked over and looked at me through the mirror.
 

"You look amazing." she said to me. I smiled and thanked her.

"Okay! Where's Khun?" Junho shouted, running into the room. He sighed when he saw Khun standing there. He looked at me and smiled.

"You look great." Junho said. I smiled.

"Thanks. You do too." I said. He smiled and nodded.

"Alright. Ceremony starts in ten. Common Khun." he dragged Khun out and waved to the rest of us.

"He's a gentlemen." Yoona said.

"Hey, you have a boyfriend. Lay off of mine." SooYoung said.

"Okay, I’ll be going now. See you later." Hyo said. Hyo wasn't one of the bridesmaids. We could both choose two and decided to go with the two couples.

"See you!" I said. She smiled and walked out.

"We need to get her a boy after my honeymoon." I said. SooYoung and Yoona agreed.

"They're ready for you." Junho said. I took a deep breath and stood up. I looked in the mirror once again and smiled. I walked over to Junho. We walked out to the doors and got ready.

"I'm walking you." Junho said. I nodded and took another deep breath as the doors opened. We took the first step and I felt better. I looked up shyly at WooYoung. He was in his tuxedo and he looked way handsomer than I imagined. We walked down the aisle partway and Junho handed me off to WooYoung. I took his arm and smiled at our touch. I felt tension in his grip.

"Loosen up." I whispered. I looked to Yoona and SooYoung who were standing on the right side. I looked at Junho and Khun who were standing on the left. This was the happiest moment of my life.
 

-------------------------------------------

The dance floor was open. I smiled as WooYoung held out his hand. I took his hand and we made our way to the floor.
As we danced, more people started dancing. The first couple was Yoona and Khun, and then Junho and SooYoung joined. I smiled when I saw HyoYeon standing outside the dance floor, staring at the couples. I stopped dancing with WooYoung as the song ended. I was passed on to Junho.

"This is weird. Dancing with your brother." I said. He smiled and we danced as the song kept playing.

"Who should I dance with next...?" I asked myself.

"You should dance with Khun, or be respectful and dance with WooYoung's dad." Junho answered my question.

"Look at Hyo...she looks lonely." I said. Junho looked at her as we passed.

"I'll dance with her next." he said. I smiled.

"Oh what a gentlemen you are. I guess Yoona was right, but the Lee Junho I know isn't like this." I said. I never really considered myself a part of the Lee family. But now, I sort of did.

"You know, I have a really long name?" I asked. Junho laughed.

"If you count your dad's name, then yea." he said. I nodded.

"But I'm just gonna go with Jang TaeYeon. It's better than trying to call me by three different last names." I said. He laughed.

"You do that. I get to keep my name." he said. I rolled my eyes.

"You're not getting married anytime soon, so I wouldn't be talking." I said. He nodded.

"Sure." the song finally ended. I bowed and tapped Khun's shoulder. He tuned and smiled. I took his hand and we danced to the next song.

"Okay, all this formal dancing is making me tired." he said. I nodded.

"I think there's one more song and WooYoung and I are off to The Maldives." I said. Khun nodded.

"That's pretty fast." he said. I nodded.

"It's an eight hour flight, and we gotta get there by night." I said.

"I wanna get married soon too. You two look so happy." he said. I smiled.

"We are happy." I said. He laughed.

"Well, I wish you the best of luck on your marriage. But I think I threw the bouquet to SooYoung." I said. SooYoung who was beside us, dancing with WooYoung smiled.

"Thanks for the bouquet! I'm gonna get married soon!" She said. The four of us all laughed as the song ended.

"It is now time to say goodbye to our newlywed couple!" the DJ said. I looked up surprised.
 

"Really? I thought we had another song to go." I said.

"The ceremony took a little longer than we expected." WooYoung explained. I nodded and smiled. The limo pulled up in front of the hotel.

"Bye guys!" I said. Everyone threw rice and said their goodbyes.

"Phew! I think I have rice in my hair!" I said as the man closed the door behind WooYoung. I waved out the window, but I knew they couldn't see.

"I think I got some down my tux." WooYoung said. I laughed as the car moved forward and we were on the highway.

------------------------------------------- 

 

Oi, I'm so busy and I started school three days ago! AHHHH! I'm gonna die! And Being a freshman really is hard! erpppp!