Part 6 + Epilogue

Never Say Never

I smiled as I felt WooYoung run his finger over my chin line.

“That tickles.” I said, shooing his hand away.

“Really?” He asked. I smiled again.

“No.” I said. He chuckled and caressed my back. I felt his warm hand over my bare body and smiled.

“We should get up.” I said, finally opening my eyes.

“Yea, we should.” He said, after me. I looked at him and laughed.

“I don’t want to.” I said.

“Well, we can lie here all day, or we can get up and go swimming with the whales. Which do you prefer?”he asked.

“I prefer lying here all day, but I think I wanna meet the whales.” I said.

We got up after that and washed up and got dressed. We started out and drove around the island for a while.

“This feels so awesome!” I said, throwing my hands up as we drove through the shoreline in the rented convertible.

“You should stop doing that in a tube top.” WooYoung said glancing over at me.

“Stop wanting to keep me all to yourself!” I said. I put my arms down and pulled up my dress.

“Is this car rented?” I asked. He nodded.

“I have a feeling many people had this car and they did what we did last night in it.” I said, lifting my hands off of the car seats.

“They clean the cars after they’re rented.” He said. I still thought it was a bit gross, but forgot it in a second.

“When do we get to swim with the whales?” I asked. WooYoung pulled into the whale center, but there was no one there.

“The whales are under inspection today…” I read the English on the front door.

“Well, we can go back to the resort or we can go look for something to do.” He said. I bit my lip and thought.

“I wanna go back to the resort. I’m worn out from last night.” I said. The memories of last night were like a dream.

“Let’s stop talking about last night, shall we?” WooYoung asked. I rolled my eyes and took his hand in mine.

“Sure. But I don’t get why you want to stop talking about it. It was amazing.” I said.

“I’m just afraid of us losing it and doing it again in less than 24 hours of the first time.” He said. I raised an eyebrow and looked at him.

“Really?” I asked. He looked at me for a second and shook his head.

“No. I’m afraid that if we try it again, that it won’t be as good the second time.” He said. I couldn’t tell if he was joking or being serious. Both answers seemed logical.

“Okay…” I just said.

-------------------------------------------

The next day was great. We went swimming with the whales, and went around to shops along the shore.

“Yah! Look! He looks like you!” I said. There was a stuffed animal on the rack. It was a fox, but I didn’t know what kind. It reminded me of WooYoung, so I bought one.

“I think stuff here is cheaper than they are in Korea.” WooYoung said. I raised an eyebrow and shrugged.

“Common, let’s get our fortunes read!” I said. WooYoung insisted we go to the candy shop first, but I dragged him into the fortune reader’s store.

“Would you like to get the fortune on one person, two people, or on the compatibility of your love?” the woman asked. I smiled in excitement.

“The last one.” I said. WooYoung looked uncomfortable, but he was holding in.

“Name.” She said.

“Jang TaeYeon.” I said.

“Jang WooYoung.” WooYoung answered.

“Age,” she said.

“25.” I said.

“25.” WooYoung said.

“Hometown.”

“Seoul,” I said.

“Busan.” WooYoung answered.

“How long in relation or how long married?”

“We got married two days ago.” I said. The lady looked up at the two of us and smiled.

“Well…I see that you, boy, love her like no one else. And you, girl, love him like he’s a star. And you love stars more than anything.” She said. My eyes got wide. I looked at WooYoung, and he had a smiled on his face now.

“Your love has multiplied, and you will never lose each other to another person.” She said, and she paused. I raised my eyebrow.

“What do you mean by our love has multiplied?” I asked. She smirked.

“You will soon find out.” She said.

“You were a very popular one amongst your group.” She said to WooYoung.

“And you were shy and small, and you were very smart, and still are very smart.” She said to me.

“Your love was meant to be. The heavens tied your strings, which is what brought him to Seoul. You.” She said pointing to me. I smiled and thanked her as we walked out of the shop.

“That was amazing. Hehe~ at least now we know that we’ll love each other forever.” I said. WooYoung smiled and nodded.

-------------------------------------------

The next week was strange.

“Hey, what are we doing today?” I asked.

“Well, I was planning to just go out to the beach. We haven’t been there yet. And then later, get you a massage.” WooYoung said.

“Oh, I think we should just stay home. I don’t feel that good. I’m nauseated.” I said. WooYoung walked over to me and placed his hand on my forehead.

“You’re not hot. I guess you’re just tired from the past week.” He said. I nodded and leaned back on the couch.

“Oh crap.” I said. I rushed to the bathroom and kneeled in front of the toilet and let it come.

“Whoa, you okay? Should I call a doctor?” he asked. I shook my head.

“No, it’s okay.” But it wasn’t. Right after I said that, I started vomiting again.

“You sure? No doctor?” he asked behind me. His voice was worried. I nodded and sat back after I was finished. I flushed the toilet and sighed. I stood and washed out my mouth and went back to the couch.

“Is today Monday?” I asked. WooYoung nodded and came to sit beside me. I counted out loud.

“Two...three…and…” my eyes widened and I stood up. I knew I had one somewhere in my bag. Yuri, or SooYoung, or Yoona, or someone should’ve packed one.

“Dangit.” I said after searching my bag.

“What?” WooYoung asked, coming up to me.

“Is there a first aid kit anywhere?” I asked.

“Um, yea. There’s one in the drawer beside the TV. But why do you need a first aid kit?” he asked. I rushed over and opened the drawer. Sure enough there was a first aid kit. I opened it and the first thing I saw was the pregnancy tester. I sighed and pulled it out.

“Why are you taking that out of the first aid kit?” he asked. I knew he was nervous. All guys were nervous when it came to their girlfriends or wives’ pulling out a pregnancy tester.

“My period was supposed to come three days ago.” I said. I saw WooYoung tense up.

“What’s the matter?” I asked. He loosened up a little when I asked him what was wrong.

“Nothing. I’m just nervous. To think…I could be a father already.” He said. I smiled.

“Well, if you have any complaints, take it out on Yoona, HyoYeon, and SooYoung. They were the ones who packed everything. But they didn’t think to pack a .” I said. He smiled and hugged me.

“I don’t have any complaints. Pregnant or not, I love you and that will never change.” He said. I smiled and pulled away.

“Okay, wait while I go check.” I said. A few minutes later, I walked out of the bathroom. I had a normal expression, but I didn’t feel normal.

“What?” he asked. I pulled out the tester. It read: Positive, three days missed.

“Oh my gosh.” He said. I laughed and hugged him.

“I’m pregnant!” I yelled. I guessed that WooYoung hadn’t recovered from the shock yet. He hadn’t moved yet, until he suddenly picked me up and twirled me around.

“I’m a father!” he said. I smiled and when he put me down, I gave him a long, happy kiss.

“We need to book a flight back. I don’t want you to be troubled in a foreign place.” He said. I agreed with what he said. After he booked tickets, I dialed up SooYoung, HyoYeon, and Yoona on three way.

“I’m coming home tomorrow.” I said. They three all asked why.

“Why? Nothing bad happened right?” Yoona asked. I smiled.

“Nope, but something really good happened, and that’s why we’re coming back.” I said. The line was silent.

“What could be so good that you’re coming back?” SooYoung asked.

“Well, I finally got what the fortunes teller meant when she said our love multiplied. And it sure did.” I said. I could tell all the girls were confused. They were all mumbling to themselves.

“What are you talking about?” Hyo asked eagerly.

“I’m pregnant.” I said. Everyone screamed and almost, just almost knocked out my eardrum.

“Okay, stop screaming!” I said. I turned to WooYoung. He was looking at me with a curious expression. The three were still screaming. I smiled and turned the phone on speaker. WooYoung jumped when he heard the girls screaming. I laughed and turned the speaker off.

“Okay, seriously, stop.” I said. They all stopped immediately.

“She’s right. It’s not good for the baby.” Yoona said. I nodded, that wasn’t what I was gonna say, but it worked.

“So, when are you gonna be back?”

“Do you know if it’s a girl or a boy yet? Can you tell?”

“When did you conceive it?”

“What are you gonna name it?” everyone was throwing questions at me.

“Whoa! Whoa! Stop! I’ll tell you everything tomorrow, for now, don’t say anything to anyone. Just tell them we’ll be back by 5.” I said. Everyone agreed and we hung up.

“I’m gonna be so watching for Junho’s expression when you tell him.” I said to WooYoung. He smiled and we drifted off into sleep.

-------------------------------------------

We walked out into the airport and the three girls ran up to us two.

“YAH!~” I quickly hid myself behind WooYoung, but that didn’t help anyway.

“How!” They all shouted at me.

“Hey! We’re married!” I said. They all took a step back and nodded.

“You have a point….okay, let’s go!” The girls dragged me out of the airport leaving WooYoung behind.

“Uhh…you know we left my hubby.” I said. They all stopped in their tracks and ran back inside, then appeared with him and all the bags.

“GO!” they rushed us into the car and drove out.

-------------------------------------------

“WHAT?!” Everyone yelled. I busted out laughing as Junho stood up and was going crazy.

“How could you dude? You promised!” Junho shouted. Everyone stared at him blankly.

“Promised what?” SooYoung was the first one to ask.

“Nothing.” Junho said cooly and stood back up again.

“We promised each other to get our wives pregnant at almost the same time.” WooYoung said. Everyone took a second to take that in and busted out laughing.

“STOP! It’s not funny!” Junho yelled.

“Yes it is! You’re not even married yet!” SooYoung said. Junho sat back down and SooYoung took his hand and soothed him while everyone gained back their cool.

“Okay~ anyway, so that’s why we’re back. She’s pregnant.” WooYoung said.

“Let’s celebrate!” HyoYeon yelled, standing up and doing a small dance.

“No. In order to keep the baby healthy, no alcohol or drugs is allowed. Nothing that will harm the baby, or the mother will be allowed near us.” WooYoung stated protectively.

“FINE!” HyoYeon yelled and sat down, pouting.

“Well, we’re off to our house…well my house, mom’s wanting to see us.” WooYoung said standing up. I said barely anything as we headed to his house.

“What’s wrong?” he asked as we pulled into the driveway.

“Nothing. I just…I don’t know…I feel the same, but I’m not.” I said. WooYoung smiled and got out of the car, then opened my door and pulled me out.

“Just don’t worry about anything. I’m sure it’s just the late affects of knowing that you have a baby.” He said. I smiled lightly and we walked into the house.

“Here comes my baby and his wife! Not to mention our grandchild!” His mother exclaimed. WooYoung sighed and rolled his eyes while I put on a smile. She walked over to us and hugged me first.

“It’s only been a few days and you’re pregnant already! I’m so excited!” She said.

“Don’t you mean you’re still too young to be a grandmother?” I asked. She squealed in delight and hugged me again.

“WooYoung-ah, I don’t know how you got such a great wife, but I’m glad you did!” she was in a real good mood today for some reason.

“We’re going to be going up now mom.” WooYoung said back to her, completely ignoring her comment.

“Good night mother in law!” I said as we started up the stairs.

“She’s so hyper!” WooYoung practically yelled when we got to his room.

“Well, she’s excited. Even more than me.” I said. WooYoung eyed me carefully and hugged me from behind.

“Is that why you’re so…down?” he asked. I shrugged.

“You’re stressed cause you don’t know how to handle being pregnant?” he asked. I sighed, knowing he was right. I nodded in response and he pulled me closer into his embrace.

“It’s okay. We’re gonna go through it together, remember?” he asked. I turned around and kissed him in response. I needed to be comforted, and that was one way that I could get comfort. To feel his hot breath and his warm lips. As I pulled away he smiled, still holding me close to him.

“What was that for?” he asked.

“I just needed some comfort.” I said. He smiled and kissed my forehead.

“I’m always here.” He said. I smiled and nodded.

-------------------------------------------

I opened my eyes and looked up at the ceiling. I didn’t hear the door open and screamed when WooYoung popped out from nowhere.

“Ahhhh!” I screamed.

“Whoa, sorry.” He apologized as soon as I stopped screaming. I felt the baby kick from inside and smiled.

“You scared her.” I said. He smiled and placed his hand on my 6-month bloated stomach.

“She’s so active.” He said. I smiled.

“I know. It’s kind of like you sometimes.” I said. He laughed and helped me off the bed. He led me downstairs and to the counter.

“Okay, I tried this time…but it didn’t end up very well.” He said. He placed a plate of American styled breakfast. I tried to hold in my laugh at the sight of burnt toast, not cooked eggs, and chocolate milk, but failed and burst out laughing.

“What?! I can’t cook!” WooYoung shouted. I walked over to him and hugged his side.

“It’s okay, sit. I’ll make some real food for you.” I said. I turned to the stove and cracked two eggs, cooked sausage, and toast. Then I put them all on two plates and served them with orange juice.

“There, it’s a lot better now.” I said, placing a piece of egg into his mouth. He smiled and gulped down the food. I watched him eat and smiled, not wanting any for myself.

“Seriously? You’re just gonna sit there and watch me eat?” I smiled and nodded. He sighed and pushed his plate away.

“What do you want?” he asked. I blushed bright red and smiled.

“I actually really, really want some kimbap.” I said, embarrassed. I had just woken up and I wanted kimbap. How great am I?

“Oh, well, I’ll just run down and get some. Wait here, okay?” he asked. I smiled and thanked him as he went out the door. I looked around the house and sighed. I hadn’t cleaned in a while, it’s just… I was pregnant for Pete’s sake! Oh forgive me Lord…it’s such a mess in here.

“BACK!” WooYoung shouted, running back in with a black bag.

“We need to clean.” I said. He looked at me stunned.

“Clean? There’s barely a mess!” he said. I shook my head and pointed to the dusty surroundings of the TV and a cup on the table. There were scraps of paper and plastic wrapping from constructing a baby crib.

“You call this NOT messy?” I asked, glaring at him. He smiled weakly and handed me the kimbap.

“Here, I’ll clean and you go eat, alright?” he said, I bickered with him for a moment, but agreed anyway.

-------------------------------------------

I swear…I will throw this pillow at the wall if this pain does not stop, and so, I did it. But instead of hitting the wall, it hit WooYoung as he was walking in from the front door.

“Ow, what was that for?” he asked, stunned. I tried to smile but squealed instead.

“Oh, okay. Good. Cause I thought I did something wrong for a second.” He said, smiling and walking towards me.

“They’re getting worse!” I yelled. He smiled.

“It’s only a matter of time. Remember my mom told us to wait until it was at least 5 minutes apart.” He said. I pouted but still nodded. Not fair…

“Well, at least it eased a little now.” I said. The contractions were getting far worse, but they were still about 20 minutes apart.

“Maybe you should go take a nice long bath or something.” He said. I smiled and nodded. He got up and headed for the bathroom. I sighed and stared at the wedding photo that hung above our TV.

“It’s all set, do you need any help?” he asked. I finally looked away and shook my head. At least I was able to walk. I stood up and walked over to the bathroom and when I opened the door, I felt the rush of hot air. I smiled and walked in, closing the door behind me. This is gonna be great. Soothing.

As I sat in the bathtub and listened to music, I felt another contraction coming on. This one came quicker than the last, but it was still about 15 minutes apart. Only if this labor thing came faster.

-------------------------------------------

I opened my eyes and adjusted to the light. It was pretty dark. The room was lit with a lamp and I could hear a light laughter coming from beside me.

“Hey, can you see me?” it was WooYoung. I smiled as he came into sight. I nodded and pulled myself up, with his help.

“Why are you smiling and laughing?” I asked, confused.

“I got to see her today. And hold her.” He said. I knew exactly what he meant. I wasn’t able to see her just yet, but they would let me in a couple of hours.

“How is she?” I asked. He smiled even brighter and there was a twinkle in his eye.

“She’s fine. Came out healthy and she’s doing well. You did a lot better than what the nurses thought. They thought you were gonna have a hard time because you’re younger than most mothers, but I told them no and you proved them wrong. Nice work.” I could see the proud look in his eyes. I smiled and nodded.

“I’m still tired, but I guess it’s from all the long months.” I said.

“Get more rest. After a few days, we can check out and watch her ourselves.” He explained. I smiled and nodded again.

“I can’t believe that darling princess is my daughter.” I heard his voice quiver and the next thing I knew; there was a streak of a tear on his cheek. I smiled and felt myself doze off.

-------------------------------------------

“No!” she yelled.

“Jang Seomin, come here right now. You do not go around calling other people stupid! It’s not the way I taught you and it is not the way you’re gonna grow up, do you understand, young lady?” I said in a raged tone. I hated to scold her, but it was the only thing I could do. She whimpered a little and nodded in front of me. I knelt down in front of her and pulled her into a hug.

“Now, go apologize to JunYoung and we can all go get some ice cream.” Her face lit up as soon as I said ice cream. She nodded and ran off to Hyejung and they talked for a minute and then hugged.

“I’m sorry Yoona. I don’t know what got into her.” I said. Yoona smiled.

“I think she was jealous.” She said. I turned to her and laughed.

“Is JunYoung playing with other girls?” I asked. Yoona smiled.

“Oh, just Kyungjin.” She said. My mouth fell open.

“That’s so not good. I can’t believe Junho had to have a girl. I just don’t get it.” I said.

“Don’t get what?” Junho asked coming up from behind me.

“Yah! Don’t do that! And I can’t believe you decided to have a girl! Now your child and my child both like JunYoung!” I yelled. Junho laughed.

“Oh, Kyungjin so has him.” He said. I narrowed my eyes and slapped his arm.

“We’ll see.” I said. I smiled and turned to Kyungjin, JunYoung, and Seomin who were all looking at me funny. I smiled again, awkwardly and kneeled down.

“Mommy, why did you slap uncle’s arm?” Seomin asked.

“I don’t like JunYoung!” Kyungjin yelled.

“But I like you!” JunYoung yelled to Kyungjin. Seomin burst out crying and ran over to the swings. I stood back up in confusion and stared at the chaos.

“Oh…” I said. Then, I felt a sensation to throw up and felt dizzy. I felt it again, this time almost throwing up.

“Hey, are you okay?” Yoona asked me. I smiled and nodded, but kept feeling the nausea.

“Actually, do you think you can watch Seomin for me for a little? I gotta go to the bathroom.” I said. Yoona nodded and I turned to go to the bathroom, but was caught off guard when I saw Junho eyeing me funnily.

“You…” He said. I made a face and pushed him aside and walked to the bathroom. That’s when I felt it for real and I got down to my knees and threw up.

“Oh no…what did I eat?” I asked myself. Just then I remembered the night with WooYoung about two weeks ago.

“Oh~ no.” I said. I kept thinking and knew it for sure. I was pregnant again.

“TaeYeon, are you in here?” I heard Yoona. I quickly flushed and washed out my mouth.

“Yea, sorry that took so long.” I said. Yoona smiled and nodded. Junho wanted to see you. I nodded and walked back with her to Junho.

“What?” I asked, slightly annoyed.

“You’re pregnant again, aren’t you?” He asked me. I made a face and denied.

“No! Psh! What are you talking about!” I said.

“Don’t lie…” He said it so sincerely.

“Okay, fine. Yea I am.” I said. Yoona looked at me wildly.

“It’s been only almost four years! You can’t just go around having kids like that!” I rolled my eyes and smiled.

“Junho, I get that you’re worried for me, but you don’t have to be. I’m perfectly fine. I have WooYoung to take care of me, remember?” Just then, I felt someone hug me from behind.

“Hey Tae…Junho, Yoona.” It was WooYoung, coming back from work.

“WooYoung, you got her pregnant again.” Yoona said without hesitation.

“Hey! A little privacy would be nice, and I’d really like to tell him myself!” I said. Junho glared at WooYoung and me.

“Okay, dude, what’s the deal, not like you didn’t get SooYoung pregnant.” I said. He loosened up and I knew why he was being like this now.

“Oh, Junho…I’m so sorry.” I said. He shook his head.

“No, it’s my fault. I’m sorry. I’m overreacting.” He stated. I could see the pain in him. Who said step brothers and sisters couldn’t feel each other’s pain and stuff like real sisters and brothers and twins could? I didn’t!

“Junho yah…” WooYoung chimed in. It had been almost four years since SooYoung left Kyungjin to him.

I thought she could make it, but it turned out that she was too fragile. She was too weak and selfish. The two of them had fought just before SooYoung’s water broke and SooYoung had no power left inside, so she ended up getting a c-section. But that was the last Junho heard her breath. She thought she didn’t need him, so she went to the hospital by herself to deliver it by herself, but she couldn’t do it. She just couldn’t do it. As soon as the baby was out, SooYoung’s heart stopped pumping.

Ever since, Junho was by himself. He would always come over and let Kyungjin play with Seomin and JunYoung. But I could see that he was lonely and regretful of what happened. He blamed himself, but I knew better than to believe that. I knew they were both being selfish and stupid. They had forgotten about their love, so they ended like this. But Junho still loves her. He loves her so much.

“Junho, We’re gonna go.” Yoona said. We were at a nearby park, letting the kids play until they got tired, but it was getting late for the kinds. Yoona was holding JunYoung’s hand and he was rubbing his eyes.

“Mommy, daddy’s here.” JunYoung said.

“Um, okay honey.” Yoona said to him.

“I’ll see you guys later.” She said.

“Bye bye auntie and uncle, and other uncle.” JunYoung said. I waved bye to them and turned back to Junho. Seomin and Kyungjin were now walking back to us. Kyungjin with a grin and Seomin with puffy eyes.

“Appa…” Seomin said. WooYoung picked out daughter up and walked back to the car whispering to her.

“Kyungjin ah, will you go with your uncle?” I asked. She nodded and followed WooYoung.

“Junho, I tell you this every day, but it’s not your fault. You need to stop blaming yourself and start forgetting. It was her decision, but you were both stupid. And you need to know that I won’t get hurt by WooYoung. He’ll never hurt me or leave me. And you also need to know that you still have hope. Common, go take a break for a week or so. Go on your honeymoon that you weren’t able to go on. Please, and if you want, take a friend. Please. I’m begging.” I said. He nodded and walked away from me.

“Book a flight for tomorrow. Kyungjin can stay with me for a week.” I said. He just kept walking and smiled, knowing everything would be okay. I walked to WooYoung, Seomin and Kyungjin.

“Kyungjin ah, auntie’s gonna watch you for this week okay? Your daddy has to go somewhere.” She nodded and smiled. Seomin and her were having a good time now.

“How’d you do it?” I asked. WooYoung smiled and rubbed my stomach.

“I told them they were gonna have a younger sibling and they went nuts.” I stared in disdain and punched his arm lightly.

“You’re evil.” I said. He smiled and kissed me.

“But you know you love it.” He said, kissing me again. 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Ahh~ i complied the epilogue and part 6 together. Part six was kind of short. hehe~ I hope you guys liked my short story! And don't worry! I'm in the process of writting a new fic! But i don't have much time to work on it eright now beause of school. Anyways, thank you guys so much for reading!