Part 2

Never Say Never

We got to the restaurant and as soon as we went inside, Mrs. Jang threw aprons at us.

“Get to work, serve those people, take orders, everything!” I smiled over to WooYoung who did the same to me. We both grabbed a handful of menus and started off to the tables.

“Hi, I’m TaeYeon, may I take your order?” I asked. There were a few juniors from my school. They looked me up and down and smirked.

“Don’t even think about it.” WooYoung said. He stepped in front of me.

“You get someone else, okay?” I smiled and nodded. I approached a group of girls.

“Hi, I’m TaeYeon, may I take your order?” I asked politely.

“We’ll have three chicken sandwiches. No mayo or tomatoes.” I smiled and wrote their orders.

“It’ll be up in a minute.” I said. I scooted my way to a group of women.

“Here are your menus, order when you’re ready.” I said. I swung over to the café counter.

“Three chicken, no mayo or tomatoes.” I said. Mrs. Jang smiled and nodded.

“Two fruit smoothies, no sugar. One cucumber and tomatoes with four cheese, and spinach fro.” WooYoung said, coming up beside me.

“That’s a lot.” I said. He smiled and went to take another order.

“Miss?” I looked to a business man.

“Can I get black coffee, and a garlic premium roast with cheese?” I wrote it down and smiled.

“It’ll be up in a minute.” I walked to another table.

“Can I get a strawberry blend and a multi-wrapped sandwich?” a girl asked. I wrote that down.

“And can I get lemon supreme, no sugar, and a spinach dipped sandwich?” the other girl asked.

“It’ll be right here.’ I said. I walked to the counter.

“Order one, three chicken, no mayo or tomatoes.” Mrs. Jang yelled. I picked it up and dropped it by the tables.

“Garlic pre roast with cheese, order 1.” I said.

“Multi wrap and spinach fro, order 2.” I said. I walked to the stand and poured a cup of coffee, then blended drinks.

“One coffee.” I said, taking it to the man.

“Strawberry blend and a lemon supreme.” I said. I turned to get another order and saw WooYoung had turned around too. We faced each other, our faces merely inches away. I blushed and turned away.

“Sorry,” I said. I went to get another order.

-------------------------------------------

“Oh my gosh! That was a hectic day!” I said, plopping myself down in a seat. WooYoung groaned and seated himself too,

“Your father and I are going out t o a party right now, WooYoung. Will you please clean up and close up?” Mrs. Jang asked, coming out with a dress on. WooYoung grumbled.

“I’ll do it Mrs. Jang.” I said. She smiled sweetly and walked out.

“Get up Woo! I need you to help me clean, and then we can go to my house and chat. Come on!” I said trying to lift him up. He smiled and lay down.

“No~” He whined. I rolled my eyes.

“Come on~” I said. He finally stood and we cleaned.

Later, we closed up the shop and headed back to his car.

“Take me home!” I said. We got into his car and started for my house.

“You’re tired right?” I asked him. He smiled and nodded.

“Well, I guess you can go home today if you’re that tired. You don’t have to stay with me today.” He looked at me for a moment.

“No, I’ll stay. It doesn’t just help you, it helps me too.” I smiled and nodded.

“Whatever you like.” I said. We drove into my driveway. I got out of the car and unlocked the door.

“Junho!” I said. The lights were all off and I couldn’t see a thing. I walked into the living room and called Junho again.

“Lee Junho!” I said. I grunted and flicked on the lights. He was on the couch kissing SooYoung.

“Go away!” They both said. I laughed and looked back at WooYoung.

“Come on, let’s go.” I said. SooYoung’s head popped up and she eyed us.

“What are you doing here?” she asked WooYoung.

“Is there a reason to why I shouldn’t be here?” he asked. He grabbed an apple off of the kitchen counter and bit into it.

She shook her head, narrowed her eyes, “This kind of stuff just never happens…” she said. Junho pulled her back, and they started kissing.

“Those kids.” I said.

“He’s older than you.” WooYoung corrected as we got into my room.

“Whatever! He’s less mature than I am!” I said, trying to make a point. He sat on my bed and shrugged.

“Whatever you say.” He said. I smiled and sat beside him.

“So, what to do now?” I asked myself. He leaned back and laid on my bed.

“What are you doing?” I asked.

“I’m tired.” He said. I laughed.

“So, you’re gonna sleep? With a half eaten apple in your hand?” I asked. He nodded and closed his eyes. I sighed and lay down beside him. I heard the door fly open.

“What are you doing?!” It was Junho. I sluggishly sat up.

“Yes?” I asked.

“What are you doing in my house?!” He asked, pointing to WooYoung.

“He’s here with me.” I said. Junho rolled his eyes.

“Duh~ But I told him not to come!” He whined.

“Look Junho, as much as I love you, you can’t control what other people do.” I said. He laughed.

“Whatever. Look bro, you’re gonna have to leave. Our parents are gonna be here soon.” Junho said. I rolled my eyes.

“My mom and your dad won’t care that he’s here!” I said, matter-of-factly.

“How do you know?” He asked. I rolled my eyes and shut the door on him.

“What was that about?” WooYoung asked, sitting up.

“Nothing. Junho’s being s weirdo.” I said. WooYoung laughed.

“Junho’s always a weirdo.” He said. I nodded and agreed to that. He was right.

“You have a sister right?” I asked. He nodded.

“What’s her name?” I asked.

“SoonKyu. But we call her Sunny.” He said. I smiled. Sunny. That’s a cool name.

“Does she go to our school?” I asked. He shook his head.

“She goes to a private school out of Seoul.” He said. I nodded and lay down, right on my bed. He scooted himself up and sat beside me.

“I’m so tired now. It’s all your fault.” I said. He smiled. I closed my eyes and soon I fell asleep.

-------------------------------------------

“Yah, wake up.” I heard. It was WooYoung’s voice. I opened my eyes and saw him standing over me.

“Huh?” I asked. He smiled a little and then went back to the point.

“It’s time for work.” He said. Today was Sunday, and we had a morning shift.

“Oh…hey, did you sleep here last night?” I asked. He smiled and looked down.

“I guess we were both really tired.” He said. I nodded and got off the bed. I still had my clothes on from yesterday.

“I’m gonna go take a shower. You can go downstairs and…I don’t know. My mom should be up.” I said. He blushed.

“I haven’t met your mom or step dad, remember?” he said. That was right! My parents never let me have a boy in the house, but they always let Junho have his girlfriends over. I never even had a serious boyfriend like Junho did all the time!

“Oh, then can you wait for me?” I asked. He nodded and sat down on my bed. I took everything and went into the bathroom. I showered quickly and came out.

“Okay, sorry that took so long.” He shook his head and told me to go ahead.

“Hey mom! Are you up?” I said through the house.

“In the kitchen!” she said back.

“It’s okay. She’s not mean or anything. Just be yourself. Haha~ I’m talking to you like you’re my boyfriend or something, coming to meet my parents for the first time.” WooYoung smiled and followed me. I led him to the kitchen and peered through.

“Hey mom.” I said. She looked up and smiled.

“Where’s your friend?” She asked. I stepped around the corner and WooYoung followed. My mom’s eyes widened and then she smiled.

“Hi, I’m TaeYeon’s mother.” She said to him. He shook her hand and smiled.

“I’m one of TaeYeon’s friends. WooYoung.” He introduced. My mom looked to me and raised an eyebrow. I scrunched up my nose.

“He’s just a friend mom!” She smiled.

“That’s what they all say in the beginning.” She said. I rolled my eyes.

“Can you leave now?’ I asked. She winked at me and waved to WooYoung, then left.

“What was weird.” He said. I shook my head.

“You have no idea.” I sighed and took out some eggs.

“Eggs?’ I asked. He nodded. I made a plate of scrambled eggs and we shared.

“That was good, what do you put in it?” He asked.

“Oh, just a teaspoon of milk.” I said. He nodded and smiled.

“Ready for work?” He asked. I smiled and nodded. We headed out to the living room, crossing over to the front door. I saw my mom. She motioned for me to come to her.

“Hold on a minute.” I said to WooYoung and went to her side.

“He’s cute!” She said in a whisper.

“So?” I asked. She smiled.

“Are you being safe and using protection?” She asked. My jaw dropped.

“MOM!” I yelled.

“Hoho~ I’m sorry. Gosh. Okay. You can leave now.” I turned and heard her laugh. I rolled my eyes and walked out of the door.

“What was that about?’ He asked.

“She asked me if I was being SAFE and using PROTECTION! Like I was doing something inappropriate with you!” I said. I was gonna have to have a talk with mom. WooYoung chuckled.

“What?” I asked.

“Let’s go.” He said, getting in his car. I grunted once and got in.

-------------------------------------------

“So, what’s up with you and WooYoung?” SooYoung asked. I had SooYoung, Yoona, and HyoYeon over at my house. It was our annual start of the year sleepover.

“Nothing!” I said. Ugh~ Everyone’s been bugging me about this ever since Junsu broke up with me!

“There’s something between you and WooYoung?” HyoYeon asked.

“No. There isn’t!” I said once again.

“I can’t believe you transferred! Now you’re not in the gist of what’s going on!” Yoona said, finally changing the subject.

“I know! I miss you guys so much!” Hyo said.

“Wait! I wanna know what’s happening with you and WooYoung!” Hyo said. I rolled my eyes.

“Junsu broke up with me on the first day, and now everyone thinks I’m going out with WooYoung because I’m always with him.” I explained, eyeing SooYoung. She didn’t notice.

“Huh~ You and WooYoung are going out?!” Hyo asked excitedly.

‘NO!” I said. She laughed.

“I was just kidding. But that’s so cute!” she said.

“Huh?” I asked.

“If you two would go out! That’d be so cute!” she said again. I rolled my eyes for the billionth time this week.

“He was here before you came!” SooYoung said.

“Of course you would know who’s in and out of my house!” I said. She blushed and smiled.

“Hey,” I looked to the door and saw Junho peeking in.

“Yea?” I answered back.

“WooYoung left his phone.” He said, throwing me his phone.

“Oh, okay. I’ll get it to him tomorrow.” I said.

“Kay.” He said. He winked to SooYoung and left.

“You’re brother gets hotter every day.” HyoYeon said, staring at the door.

“Hey!’ SooYoung said.

“What?! It’s true!” she said. I laughed and felt WooYoung’s phone vibrate. It read home.

“Hello?” I answered.

“Oh, my phone’s with you.” WooYoung said from the other line. I smiled.

“It’s him! That’s why she’s smiling!” SooYoung whispered.

“Shut up!” I yelled.

“Yup, it’s safe with me!” I said. He laughed.

“Yea, can I talk to you for a minute?” he asked. I looked around at the girls and excused myself. I walked into the bathroom.

“Okay, free to talk now.” I said.

“Well, I wanted to talk to you about this girl.” He said. My ears perked up.

“What girl?” I asked.

“Well, I can’t tell you who, but I think I really like her.” He said. I smiled.

“Aww~ WooYoungie has a crush!” I said. I heard him laugh slightly.

“I can’t tell her I like her cuz she’s my friend.” He said. Ooh~ That .

“Oh, well, just try! You don’t know! Maybe she likes you too!” I said.

“She doesn’t like me. She just thinks of me as a friend.” He said. 

“Well, you never know. Just try.” I said.

“Well, who is it?” I asked.

“Someone. A friend. You know her really well.” He said. I thought of all the friends I knew really well. Huh?!

“Yoona?!” I asked a little too loud.

“No.” He said.

“Oh…well then, I have no idea.” I said. He laughed.

“Well, thanks.” He said.

“You’re welcome! I’ll see you tomorrow.” I said.

“Kay. Night.” He said.

“Night.” I said, and hung up. When I tried to push the door open, it bumped on something.

“Ow!” SooYoung, Yoona, and HyoYeon all said.

“What are you guys doing?” I asked.

“Nothing!” SooYoung said immediately. I sighed and we all went back to the center of my room.

“So, who was that?” Yoona asked.

“WooYoung…” I said.

“Ooh~ What did you guys talk about in the bathroom?” HyoYeon asked.

“Nothing. Just about some girl he likes.” I explained.

“OOH! IS IT YOU?! IT’S YOU! I KNOW IT IS!” SooYoung said.

“It’s not me…but it’s someone I know. One of my close friends, he says.” I said, wondering who it could be.

“Oh…well…who?” No one had an answer.

“Let’s just get off of this subject.” I said. The more we talked about it, the more I wanted to know and the more I felt like I would be jealous if I knew.

-------------------------------------------

It was Tuesday morning and I was driving myself to school for the second time this week.

“Hey, you’re going over speed limit.” Junho said beside me. I looked and I was going 70 miles per hour.

“Oh, sorry.” I said, decreasing my speed.

“What’s up with you these past two days? And why hasn’t WooYoung driven you to school, work, and back home? And why isn’t he coming over anymore? Is there something going on between you two?” he asked. I shrugged and sighed.

“I wish I knew too.” I said. Junho formed an o with his lips and looked back to the road.

I pulled into the parking lot and got out. I looked beside me and WooYoung’s car was pulling in too. I should talk to him now. I waited for him to get out of his car.

“Hey,” I said. It felt a little awkward. He looked at me and smiled.

“Hey,” He said. He didn’t look me in the eye as if he was hiding something.

“So, what’s up?” I asked.

“Nothing much.” He replied.

“Um…why haven’t you been picking me up, or sitting with me at lunch, or in class, and not coming to my house after school? What’s this all about?” I asked, I couldn’t hold back anymore. He sighed and his lips.

“I’m having a hard time.” He said. I nodded.

“Okay, well if you need anything, I’m always here for you.” He nodded and smiled to me.

“Thanks.” He said. I nodded again and walked to class.

-------------------------------------------

I pulled off and apron and put it on.

“It’s surprisingly not busy at all today.” I said.

“Yea, I guess today’s kind of a drowsy day. It looks like it’s gonna rain.” Mrs. Jang said. I nodded. I looked over to WooYoung who was sitting at the counter and staring off into space.

“Is there something going on with WooYoung?” I asked Mrs. Jang.

“I wish I knew too. He’s been really down or something. He’s not talking to me at all, except for ‘hi’, ‘bye’, and ‘love you too’. It’s driving me crazy.” She said. I nodded.

“He’s been like that at school too. All he does is sit and stare. He doesn’t sit beside me anymore, and he doesn’t come to my house or come to pick me up. All he does when he sees me is smile briefly and look away. It’s crazy. I really want to know what’s going on.” I said. Mrs. Jang smiled.

“He’s in a tough situation is all I know. Even if he doesn’t approach you, take care of him for me at school and when I’m not watching? I know you’re a good kid and a real good friend to him.” She said. I smiled and felt a little better. I need to watch out for my friends. No matter what kind of situation they’re in.

“Alright.” I said. Mrs. Jang smiled and patted my shoulder. I walked over to WooYoung and sat beside him. He looked at me briefly and then looked away.

“So, what’s going on?” I asked. He shook his head.

“Nothing.” He said. I rolled my eyes. I’ve been doing that a lot these days.

“I know something’s wrong. Or you’re in a dire situation or something. You’re not yourself and you know that.” I said. He sighed.

“I don’t know what’s wrong with me. I’m not supposed to like her! She’s just a friend and I’m just a friend to her, I don’t know why I’m falling for her!” he suddenly said. I smiled.

“Girl problems?” I asked, “That’s it?”

He looked at me and smiled.

“Yea. I’m going crazy because I like her so much. But she doesn’t even see it. She just asks what’s wrong every day, but doesn’t know that it’s about her.” I sighed.

“I guess that is frustrating. Maybe I could help, only if I know who she is.” I said.

“Guess.” He said. I smiled and nodded.

“I take that challenge.” I said.

“She’s…she’s a senior. She’s in our school. She has light brownish hair, and cute chocolate brown eyes.” He paused. I waved my hand for him to keep going.

“Okay…she’s in all of my classes.” My ears perked up.

“And…she’s on the shorter side, but I think she’s just perfect. She also sings really well.” He paused again. Everything sounded really familiar.

“Keep going.” I said. He smiled.

“She’s really smart, but really slow when it comes to guessing games, common sense, and people’s point of views. She also plays the cello and piano. She’s a math scholar and my best friend. I tell her pretty much everything and she does the same with me, I hope.” He said.

“Light brown hair and brown eyes…math scholar…cello…piano…best friend…short…” I looked at WooYoung. He was sitting with his back to the counter.

“It’s…” I started, when a group of three girls and five boys came in.

“Welcome!” I said immediately. WooYoung didn’t look at me the rest of the time we were at work.

-------------------------------------------

I stared up to the ceiling and listened to the rain.

“Me? Is it me? I play the cello and piano, and I’m a math scholar…I have brown hair and brown eyes…and I’m his best friend. He tells me everything and I tell him everything. I’m short and am kind of slow with some things, but was he talking about me?” I asked aloud to myself.

“I think it is you.” I quickly turned around and saw Junho standing in front of my door.

“What? What are you talking about?” I asked. He smirked and walked over to me.

“WooYoung likes you.” He said. I stared at him.

“You don’t know that.” I said.

“What’s the point of denying it, when he already told you?” He asked. I closed my eyes and rubbed my temples.

“I wanna be alone. I’m sorry.” I said. Junho stood up and left my room.

“Oh~ Why? This kind of stuff just never happens to anyone…so why me?” Ii asked myself.

------------------------------------------- 

 

Ooh~ second chapter! Yay~ but i don't have many chapters to go, like i said, it is a short story...a very short story...anyways, thanks for reading guys! And please, no silent readers!