Part 1

Never Say Never

I stared out the window and sighed. When will the rain ever stop?

“Hey, can I come in?” I heard Junho ask. I nodded. He walked in and closed the door.

“So, what’s up?” he asked. I shrugged and turned to him.

“Nothing. I just want this rain to stop.” I said. He smiled.

“Same old TaeYeon.” He said. I smiled too.

It was the day before school started and rain was pouring down. I really don’t like rain. It’s gloomy and cold. It makes me feel alone and depressed.

-------------------------------------------

I stepped out of the car and looked around.

“Senior year, we’d better make this good.” Junho said behind me. He patted my back and started for his friends. Junho was my step brother. My mom got remarried to his dad. Simple as that. We were the same age. And it’s weird, I can talk to him about everything. Sometimes, I talk to him before my girl friends…strange…..

“TaeYeon!” I looked around and saw Yoona coming my way.

“Hey Yoona!” I said, pulling myself up…well my mood anyway.

“Are you excited for the last year of high school?!” she practically yelled. I smiled and nodded.

“Well duh~ I’ve been waiting for it for like, ever!” I said, trying to sound like myself. But honestly, I didn’t feel like myself. I felt like something bad was gonna happen as soon as I got to homeroom.

“Well, let’s go!’ She said. She pulled me inside. As we were about to turn the corner, I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned and saw SooYoung.

“Hey!” I said. She smiled and joined me and Yoona.

“So, how’s your life?” She asked. Why did she have to ask such critical questions?

“Fine, what about yours?” I asked. She shrugged,

“How are you and my brother?” I asked. She smiled and shrugged again. I chuckled and we walked down the hall.

“I guess I’ll see you in a little for biochemistry?” I asked the two of them, I was heading into homeroom, which they weren’t in. They nodded and waved goodbye to me. I waved back and turned and walked in. As soon as I did, I saw Junsu. He smiled to me. I smiled back and walked over to him. I looked over to WooYoung who had a grim expression on his face.

“Hey Junsu, WooYoung.” I said. I sat in between the two of them.

“I need to ta-“ I cut Junsu off.

“No, first, we have to compare schedules.” I said. I took mine out and waited for WooYoung and Junsu to take theirs out too. When they took theirs out, I gasped.

 “Oh my gosh! We have the same schedule!’ I said looking at WooYoung’s schedule. He smiled but his expression was still sour.

 “But…I don’t have any classes with you Junsu.” I said. He smiled awkwardly.

“So, what were you going to say?” I asked. He shook his head no and nodded over to the teacher coming in.

“Hello everyone, today is the first day of your senior year, don’t screw it up.” She said. She took her seat and we were free to go. I sighed and gathered my stuff.

“Okay, now you can tell me.” I said. WooYoung suddenly split me up with him.

“We’re gonna be late!” he said. He dragged me out of the class. I looked at the clock, and he was right. I looked to him and smiled.

“Thanks, we would’ve been late if it weren’t for you.” I said. He smiled and some of the bitterness in his expression had gone away.   

-------------------------------------------

I leaned on my palm and tried to keep myself awake. It was still the second period of the day, English. We were going over what we learned last year. WooYoung tapped my shoulder to tell me to wake up. I sat up and cleared my throat. He eyed me carefully and looked back up at the teacher.

“Alright, class dismissed.” She said. The bell rang right after she said that.

“Phew!” I thought I was gonna die!’ I said, getting up. WooYoung smiled.

“You wanna go get lunch at my mom’s?” he asked. I smiled.

“Sure, I haven’t seen your mom in a while.” I said. He smiled and led me out. We left the classroom and I saw SooYoung and Yoona.

“Hey, is it okay to take those two?” I asked. He nodded.

“Yoona! SooYoung!” I called. They looked at me and walked over.

“Yea?” they both asked at the same time.

“You guys wanna go eat at WooYoung’s place?” I asked. They nodded and we walked into the parking lot.

We all got in WooYoung’s new car and we were about to drive off when I saw Junsu waving his hands over his head in front of the school. I was about to say wait, when Woo stepped on the gas and we drove right out of there.

“Wait…” I said a little too late.

“What?’ He asked.

“Junsu was trying to get you to stop.” I said.

“Oh, sorry.” He said. I had the feeling he did that intentionally, but I shook it off.

-------------------------------------------

“Eeep! We’re late!” Yoona said. We hurriedly hopped into Woo’s car and drove off.

“Sorry guys!’ He said. We all laughed and said it wasn’t his fault.

When we got back to the school, we were sent straight to the office.

“So, were you guys trying to skip school on the very first day?” the secretary asked.

“No, we just went out for lunch, but we weren’t keeping track of time. That’s all.” The secretary looked away. WooYoung stood up and went up to her.

“Could you please let these guys go with a note? I’ll take the punishment. I got all of them into this. Please?” he said.

“No, WooYoung. You can’t do that. It’s all of our faults!” I said. The secretary sighed.

“You can all go. It’s the first day of school.” She said. She gave all four of us a note to take to class. We left in relief.

“Thanks for trying.” Yoona said to WooYoung. He smiled.

WooYoung and I entered our class and sat in the very back.

“Thanks.’ I said. He nodded and we didn’t talk the rest of the period.

-------------------------------------------

The last period ended and I started up.

“TaeYeon!” I looked up and saw Junsu standing at the doorway.

“Coming!” I said. I gathered my stuff and was about to leave when WooYoung grabbed my wrist.

“Yea?” I asked, turning around.

“Don’t go t-“ I cut him off.

“I’m sorry WooYoung. Junsu’s waiting for me.” I said. I turned and walked over to Junsu.

“Wait!” WooYoung called.

“I’ve been trying to get to you all day! Anyways, I just wanna get this over with. I have another girl in my heart. I’m sorry TaeYeon. It’s over.” I stood there, frozen. Junsu turned around and left.

“I told you not to go to him.” WooYoung said coming to my side. I looked at him.

“I’ll take you home.” He said. He took me out to his car.

“Thanks.” I said when we got in his car. He just smiled and drove out of the parking lot.

-------------------------------------------

When we got to the house, he watched me get out of the car.

“Do you mind if I stay?” he asked. I shook my head and headed up the front porch. I fumbled with my keys and as I did, I felt a teardrop on my cheek.

“Give it here.” He said. He took the keys from my shaking hands and opened the door. He took my stuff when we got to my room and set it down. He left to get something and came back with a glass of milk.

“Here, it’ll help.” He said. I took a sip. As the cold liquid slid down my throat, I actually felt better.

There was a long silence. He was waiting for me to calm down and talk.

“I know I’m not the best person to talk to, but I’m always here.” He said. I smiled.

“I’d rather be with you when this happens then with Junho.” I said. He let out a small chuckle and sat beside me.

“I guess that means you’re better now?” he asked. I thought about it a little and nodded.

“For some reason I’m over him already. Haha~ usually it’ll take me a pretty long time. Well, you know that don’t you?” He nodded as I finished the sentence.

“Well, I’m glad. I’m gonna be going now.” He said. I stopped him.

“Wait, I want you to stay. I feel like I haven’t talked to you in a while even though I’ve been with you all day.” I said. He smiled and sat back down.

-------------------------------------------

“Oh my gosh! He broke up with you?!” SooYoung yelled. I shushed her.

“Yes! For the tenth time!” I said.

“And you’re okay?” Yoona asked? I nodded. We were all sitting together at lunch the next day.

“Well, who were you with later?” SooYoung asked. I eyed WooYoung who was picking at his food.

“Him?” she asked pointing to him.

“What?” He asked, looking up.

“You were with TaeYeon after school?” SooYoung asked. He nodded and went back to picking at his food.

“Are you sure you’re ready to move on to someone else right after you got dumped? Because this kind of stuff just never happens!” She asked. I rolled my eyes.

“Whoa, TaeYeon and I are just friends!” WooYoung said. I nodded.

“Well, that totally explains why you went to her house, and you two talk all the time in classes, and between classes, and why you two are sitting beside each other right now…” She was about to go on, when Yoona stopped her.

“If they say they’re just friends, then they’re just friends.” She said.

“Thank you!” I said. SooYoung rolled her eyes and ate her food. I looked over at WooYoung at the same time he looked over at me.

“Well.” I said. He shrugged and smiled. I smiled and went back to talking to the girls.

-------------------------------------------

“TaeYeon!” I turned around and saw Junho coming my way.

“What?” I asked.

“Are you going out with WooYoung?” he asked. There was a worried expression on his face. I rolled my eyes. Everyone has been asking me that for the past two weeks.

“No, I’m not. Why don’t you go ask him yourself? He’s your friend too.” I said. He sighed.

“Oh, Okay. Because it’d be weird for my friend to be going out with my sister.” He said.

“Why would that be weird?” I asked.

“Yea, why?” I jumped as WooYoung came around from behind Junho.

“Dude! Stop sneaking up on me like that! Please!” Junho said. I laughed.

“I don’t know okay! See you later. And you.” He pointed to WooYoung, “Don’t come to our house today!”

“You can’t make him not come!” I said. Junho just stuck his tongue out at me and left.

“Well, you ready?” WooYoung asked. I smiled and we walked to his car.

“This is gonna be fun!” I said. He smiled and we drove off. 

------------------------------------------- 

 

Hehe~ My first time updating on Asianfanfics! yay~ I hope I get lots more readers! Thanks for checking this story out! And oh, I don't do PR's, just so you know.