THE MEETING AND THE MISSION

EXO ACADEMY : THE FIRST YEAR

Monday  August 13th 2013

            It’s 9 o’clock in the morning and the rest of students of EXO Academy, despite of them still having their soul on the Sunday laziness, is having their breakfast on the cafetaria. The cafetaria is a bit crowded, you know with Monday being the first day of the week and the teacher usually getting a bit cruel ( homeworks and all ). In conclusion, everyone trying their hard to be their best today, eventhough some of them force to do so.

            Byun Baek Hyun, struggling between the sleepiness and an effort to keep his eyes open, is sitting calmly (if dozing off a few times could be said calmly ) in the most secluded seat he could find today. Monday is always hard on him, wake up at 6 in the morning, his homework half done and he needs to struggle to find the most secluded seat in the cafetaria, just to continue his sleep parade. He’s already taking a really comfort and promising position to doze off again when he feel a sof tap on his shoulders followed by a small yet full of authority voice.

            “ Byun Baek Hyun-sshi.” He turmed around to meet with the figure of the Principal secretary, Kim Ryeowook. A small frown appeared on his forehead and a big question of why the personal secretary of the Principal is taking his busy time to call him. Baek Hyun knows he’s not that popular ( though he try hard to make himself popular ), he also realize fully that he has been on blacklist file once ( it’s not make him popular too, instead he’s getting more unsocialized ) so he’s getting more suspicious. Ryeowook put his best smile, a smile that welcoming yet clearly show that he’s in charge here and give the so called nerdy in front of him a message from the Principal.

            “ Byun Baek  Hyun-sshi, I came here to inform you that your attendance is needed in Principal’s office.” The frown on Baek Hyun’s forehead is getting more visible, he clearly heard that Principal is calling him. A big why came to his mind.After the lights incident ( credit goes to his super lovely mentor), he had make sure that he didn’t caught himself in another trouble. God forbid him to see the embarrasment on his parents face when they being called to meet with his mentor and Student Representative. So why Principal need to meet him?. When he didn’t have any reaction from the young student in front of him, Ryeowook pout a little ( a little, he still need to maintain his image here ), is his choice of words is too difficult for Baek Hyun to understand? He thought. He didn’t expect to have a silence as the answer of his question.

            “ Whatever, I just need to make this simple. I still have twelve people to give the message, though.” He thought,” Baek Hyun-shii, in case you didn’t quite  understand of what I said before. The Principal need to see you on his office. And I hope you’re not late. It’s on 10 o’clock.” He smile, a strong yet firm grip on Baek Hyun’s shoulders to make the sure the latter catch his message. Baek Hyun confirmed with a small nod, a weak one because he still in dazed, trapped between his sleepiness and the news he heard recently. After made sure Baek Hyun got his message , Ryeowook tap his shoulders and shout a small hwaiting to encourage him. When the personal secretary’s shadow had dissaperead, Baek Hyun finally getting to his senses and realized one thing. His appereance is not quite ready to be classified neat. He catches the sight of his dishevelled uniform, his hair is a bit messy due to his constant position changing on the table, his eyes is droopy and there’s a small line of saliva on his chin. And a rush to the bathroom is enough to conclude that Baek Hyun is full awake by now.

                                                            ********************

            In contrast of the crowded situation in the cafetaria, the library is quite peaceful at this time. Several students who’s care enough about their homeworks and their training project were seen sitting in a few tables located in the middle of the library. Some were also seen to be searching high and low in the racks of books, having this difficulty of found the title the book they were assigned for. Zhang Yi Xing is one of them. He’s been crouching, he’s been tip toeing yet he couldn’t find the title of the book Professor Park assigned him for. He puffed in desperation, there’s a small part of himself that desperately crawling right now. For the punishment of not finding the books will be him must spend another time to learn with Professor Park. Seriously, what’s wrong with that greasy Professor ( greasy cause he once caught him talking more like flirting so romantically to this certain kind of school staff named Kim Junsu )?. Just because he didn’t have a mentor, though he’s already on his second year, doesn’t mean that he have enough free time. Wish that Professor understand about his schedule. But no, that Park  Yoo Chun decide to give him an assignment when he’s on the middle of writing a new songs for school choir.

            “ That greasy wide foreahead.” He murmured, small enough just for himself to hear, but no, fate decide to give him a taste of his own medicine. A cough interrupted his mission of being a good students , a small voice lace with authority greets him.

            “ I see you talking about Park Yoo Chun-sshi, Yi Xing-shii.” The face of Kim Ryeowook and his blinding smile caught him off guard. His brain totally gone freeze and half of his soul instantly left him. The personal secretary of Principal is standing in front of him. The personal secretary of Principal is standing in front of him and caught him badmouthing his taecher. I repeat, badmouthing his teacher. Cue the sound of his name being written on the blacklist files. Cue the image of him expelled from school and getting ship back to Mainland China. And also image of him in the market, try to sell the benefit of his power to heal the old and traumatized people.

            Yi Xing froze, Ryeowook still standing with his smile. Those smile, though he knows is mean no harm, yet Yi Xing found something dangerous and cynical about it.  With a stuttered Korean his brain still remember, he greet Ryeowook.

            “ Good.... Good morn...morning, Ryeowook-shii.” With every word, Yi Xing feel that his precious soul leave him. Why it always him? Why? Why?. He fixes his tie which suddenly feel so thight around his neck and its choking him. A cold sweat running down his temple, his palms drenched in sweat and he hopes for a big hole to swallow him right now.

            “ Good morning to you too, Yi Xing-sshi.”

          Yi Xing looked to his right and left, when he see that nobody’s around and the area is clear, he dare to grab Ryeowook’s hands and give him his well skilled puppy eyes ( he trained himself secretly for this). The latter look so flushed when he feel the smooth hands of Yi Xingtouched his hands. More flushed when he look up and found the most ultimate puppy eyes looked at him.

          “ Ryeowook-shii... I beg you. Please don’t tell anyone about what you heard earlier. Please.. please..”

         Damn those puppy eyes. Ryeowook felt his weakness kicked in, and there’s some image of his strong image were being pushed down by his fangirling image. Ryeowook blink, Yi Xing blink. And that’s the cue of Ryeowook’s strong image being pushed to the bottom of the deepest ocean.

        “ Alright alright. I won’t tell anyone about this.” He sighed in relief when Yi Xing let go of his hands. Those hands, though its soft, the grip is so strong he could feel his bone getting cramp. Yi Xing lean on the nearest bookshelves, currently he’s trying to calming down his heartbeats. Right when he almost hear his heart getting back to its normal state, Ryeowook next words didn’t give him any help to calm down again.

      “ But Yi Xing-shii.. I came here to send a message. Principal wants to see you in his office at 10 o’clock today.” And the next five minutes, Ryeowook have to deal with a hyperventilating Yi Xing.

 

 

           In short stories, Ryeowook succesfully finished his task for today. He had delivered the message to the twelve boy and he’s getting much variable reaction from them. He, himself, found that talking to Kris Wu is like talking to a mafia leader and talking to the third grade, Lu Han  is like talking to an elementary student. His favorite so far is the kid named Kyung Soo, Chan Yeol and Su Ho. Those three were so calm when they hear the message, though calm in Chan Yeol’s part is laugh and laugh like he’s on crack .

              At 10 o’clock, just like what Jung Soo told him to, those twelve boys ( suprisingly, Jong In or he preferred to be called Kai, come thirty minutes earlier ) had gathered in the west office, the office of the Principal. Park Jung Soo is sitting on his chair, his eyes move to inspect the boys. While he stand beside the Principal. He watched as the boys, who clearly didn’t know each other up until now, were having various expression at this moment. Some were suprisingly calm ( Jong In and Joon Myeon), some were nervous and is Do Kyung Soo  always have those I’m-so-scared-yet-I’m-so-curious expression?. Ryeowook couldn’t really tell.

         “ Good morning to all of you.” Jung Soo breaks the ice in the office. The boys greet him back, Jong In just nod in appreciation,” I see all of you has coming today. So let’s just start whatI’ve been dying to tell you.”

         “ Some of you maybe asking why I called you today. Well, the reason is because I choose the twelve of you to become the member of an organization I called EXO TEAM.” A cricket sounds, defeaning silence is engulfing everyone in that room. Jung Soo still keeping his precious dimple smile, he’s a bit oblivious to the situation.

          “ EXO Team? That’s so lame, Principal-sshi.” A deep bass voice coming from the right that belongs to the rebel, Kim Jong In echoing  in the spacious room. The kid who wore big spectacles named Min Seok  gasped. Of course, he as the third year were surprised of the frist year talking so directly to the Principal like that. Kris on the other side, just glare, or maybe not since he trying so hard to not getting so close to Chan Yeol.

       Jung Soo turned to Jong In, “ I appreciate your opinion, Jong In-sshi. But may I finished what I’ve been dying to tell to all of you?”. A scoff and a short nod is  the answer, so Jung Soo continued.

        “ This team is formed because one reason. It is to protect the academy as well as the people in it. Just so you know guys, apparently  this school image has been tainted by some people who didn’t know to use their power in a good way. The bad news is this people who called themselves The Black Force is a graduate students of this academy. “

       “ Our governmnet has been receiving the threat from other country, it’s to close our academy if the Black Force keep doing the dangerous thing to harm the civilian.” Joon Myeon raised his hands, “ Yes, Joon Myeon-shii?”

        “ So you want us to fight the Black Force?”

       “ But... Principal, some of us just a first year. What do you expect from us?” A terrifed expression from Kyung Soo and a small whimper from Zi Tao enough to makes the rest of the boys goes panic. Jung Soo sighed, he bit his lips. Of course he already considered this, but for God sakes, their power is the most powerful out all of the students. Even just the twelve of them, Jung Soo sure The Black Force will go down on their knees. Joon Myeon try to calm the situation down, he encourages the youngest line to not thinking so negatively like that, after that he tell the others to calm down too but yeah, it goes useless. Kris, feeling so fed up with all of this childish acts, decide to take the matter to his hands.

      “ YAH! Cut it out, will you?” His voice goes loud, and amazingly makes everyone calm themselves down and behaving like a good kid again. Joon Myeon gives a thankful smile to Kris, who just shrugged it off like it’s means nothing.

      After a while, after he had make sure that nobody will go panic again, Jung Soo decide to starts his explanation again.

    “ I know that some of you still a first year, “ he look at Zi Tao, Se Hoon, Kyung Soo and Jong In,” and didn’t have any knowledge of your power. But it doesn’t mean that I choose you, so you start to fight at this very moment.” Se Hoon sighed in relief.

    “ For this time, you can breathe properly because we have sent five secret agent to watch The Black Force. And while we didn’t have any crucial movement from them, it means that all of you still have  a chance to prepare yourselves.”

    This time, there’s a hand raised to the air, it belongs to the oldest one between the boys.

     “ Jung Soo-sshi..... May I know why you choose us? I mean, some of us just an ordinary students. Not sociable and we hide ourselves.” Jung Soo snorted, he can’t believe that the Weather Controller talking so unconfident like that. He looked around, imprint their faces on his brain because this faces will be the faces that he will forever memorized.

     “ That’s, Min Seok-sshi.... is the question all of you have to answer yourselves.” He smile secretly.

     “ So what you gonna do about us? Of course, we gathering here not only for some reason, right?”

    Ryeowook  glared meaningfully at Jong In, this kid need a serious training, in ethic department. How could he talks to Principal like that?. He’s way too blunt. Jung Soo just shrugged it off like it doesn’t matter to him. He had deal with Jong In’s bluntness too many times before.

      “ All of you will have a specific training according to your power. And all of you will live in the same dorm, especially made for the twelve of you. I think it’s best to be build some nice teamwork with all of you living together, right?” The sound of groan and desperate moan is the one Ryeowook and Jung Soo heard for the next few minutes.

    Chan Yeol found himself on the corridor after Jung Soo dismissed all of them. The rest of the mmeting goes blur inside his head, he only remember things like they have to team up to fight this Black Force, and by that means, they have to train together and live together. Well, Chan Yeol didn’t mind at all, he likes to talk to everyone. And he found in the last few minutes, he likes all of the boys. He found Joon Myeon and Kris is the appointed leader ( he likes Joon Myeon, though. Kris is always have this unwelcoming glare and he didn’t like it). He found that he could rely on this Baek Hyun, the two of them talks a lot after introduce each other. He also fond of Se Hoon, the first year kid. Seriously, that kid is too cute it should be illegal.

     He checked that he didn’t have any schedules for the meeting has dismissed him from half of his schedules for Monday. He only have a small lesson with his mentor this evening. Chan Yeol decide that he could walk to the park and stay in there. It’s been a while that he didn’t see the flowers in there. Later that he knows that someone is following him.

“ Man, you totally attracted to him.”

“ Shut it, you sly dragon. And I’m not attracted.”

“ Yeah yeah, talks to my paws then.”

“ Why are you awake? Usually you sleep like a log.”

“ Why I would asleep when I could feel the phoenix beside me? I miss her so much. You know, it’s been a while I didn’t see her.”

“ And you say I’m attracted to Chan Yeol.”

“ Yah! Me and Phoenix is just a bestfriend, you angry bird.”

“ You just not calling me angry bird, you dumb dragon.”

“ Hey, who’s you call dumb? If I’m dumb, I will not save yourself from jumping the building ten years ago.”

“ That’s an accident”

“ Cue the sound you smooching my paws then.”

“ Shut up, you dumb dragon. Just go to sleep. We have a meeting tonight with Yunho-sshi.”

“ Okay okay, no need to go so worked up. By the way, say my greetings  to Phoenix, okay?”

“ Just go!”

                                                ****************

 

       When he feel the calmness and peacefullness of the garden, tree branch were swinging left and right, wind breeze slowly, Chan Yeol could feel something tickling inside of him. The tickling feeling is familiar, like something knocks his chest gently. He hears the melodious voice inside his ears, it’s a signal that the legend creatures inside of him awake and wants to talk to him.

       He takes a deep breath and said, “ Good afternoon.”

       “ Good afternoon to you too, Chan Yeol.”

      The fire ceatures were fully awake inside of him, Chan Yeol could feel her movement, the breeze of her wings and her voice.

      “ I’m sorry I couldn’t let you out this time, Phoenix. We’re still in the school area.”

      “ It’s okay. I understand your condition.” She said.

     Chan Yeol smile contedtedly, Phoenix always be a nice companion to him. Though sometimes he’s scared about the creatures living inside of him, the Phoenix had assured him that if he keep his temper calm and low, the Phoenix will stay inside of him peacefully. Otherwise, if his temper were out of control, then the Phoenix will let out from his body. And it’s not a nice view to tell.

      “ Say Phoenix, do you like the dragon?” Phoenix cooed softly, a sign that she’s not understand, “ This morning, I meet with the dragon and his carrier. His name is Kris Wu.”

      “ I don’t like him, though. He keep this glaring eyes, and a scowl on his mouth. It’s more apparent when he look at me.” He pout. The Phoenix sent a small laugh,it makes his chest get tingling again.

       “ He’s just confused, I say. The Dragon is a arrogant creatures, and yes, he has every right on this world to be arrogant. You of course know that some traits of the creatures goes down to its carrier, right?.”

      “ So do you mean Kris is act like a dragon?”

      The Phoenix laughed, Chan Yeol totally misinterpreted her statement. “ What I mean, Chan Yeol-ah, Kris is act arrogant and he knows he has every right to act like that. “

       “ But he’s too cold~~~” the carrier whined.

       “ What do you expect then from the Dragon carrier? Of course he will act arrogant.”

       “  But... But... I want to talk to him. Unfortunately, he didn’t give me any chance.”

       “ Just give him time. The Dragon is not a sociable creatures. Why don’t you keep pestering him?”

      Chan Yeol think for a while, well he’s not called Park Chan Yeol if he couldn’t get everyone to be his friends. And Kris Wu is no exception.

       “ What if he get angry with me?”

       “ Nah~~ I don’t think so. I know the Dragon. He won’t let Kris get away from you and me.”

      A light laugh comes from the creatures and its carrier. Chan Yeol is so proud to say that he and the legend creatures get along so well, Phoenix is always understanding and always there to sharing everything to him. So ironic if we compare to Kris and the Dragon. Those two always have a different opinion, basically in everything. So, expect lots of arguments, throwing tantrums and riots

 

 

a/n : Annyeonggggg~~~ .....*bow*.... I'm sorry for the late update guys TT TT!!!!!! Work never give me any free time these days.... Btw thanks for everyone who had read and subscribed to my story.... It's such a nice feeling for me to know that my story has been accepted by all of you..... Thank you so much......