v.

Her Eternal Peter Pan

It had been 5 years; 5 years of longing; 5 years of loving; 5 years of waiting but Yoo Ara didn’t give up. She knew he would comeback eventually; either sooner or later. She patiently waited for the day to come and approach her.

            Yoo Ara had graduated from Kyunghee University; majoring in journalism and communication. She currently worked as a news analyst for a major broadcasting station; SBS. She was happy with her job. She kept herself busy with her bunch of works and didn’t even bother to enjoy herself like her fellow officemates suggested. She enjoyed working so much and that was enough for her.

            She looked at the watch on her wrist and realised she had been working late again. It was almost 10 p.m. She took out her phone that was put on silent mode during a meeting earlier from her handbag and she was completely baffled to receive tens of missed calls from Alice and Minhyuk. They had been trying to reach her ever since her office hour ended.

            She pondered either to call them back or simply ignore it. But then, she chose the latter because she already a plan ever since morning. She didn’t know why but her heart was so eager to go to a park where she always went with the late Baekhyun and Chanyeol.

            Without waiting for further ado, she grabbed her handbag on the table and made her way out of the office to go to her destined destination.

 

                                                                            -

 

Ara sat on a bench at the park alone. Back then, the park was loved by people but as time slowly moved, the park was no longer an attraction to people around. Only Ara loyally went there.

            Memories. That was the main reason why Ara kept coming there. When she missed Baekhyun, she’d come there. When she missed Chanyeol, she’d also come there...

            ... and cried like there was no end to it.

            5 years without Chanyeol; she learnt to love him earnestly. She loved him when he wasn’t around and regretted that she didn’t appreciate him during his faithful presence around her. His absence made her love him even more.

            She missed him badly but she kept herself strong. She was positive they would be together in the end. She vowed to herself she would wait for him even for 15 years; or 50 years; until the last of her breath.

            “Why do I miss you, Park Chanyeol? It won’t hurt this much if I learn to stop missing you,” she mumbled as her right made its way to the hanging necklace on her neck. She gracefully touched the wings-shaped locket. She bit her lips hard to prevent her tears to fall.

            Just then, a flying origami crane fell right besides her. Ara jolted in shock but she cautiously took the origami and unfolded it. She didn’t know why she unfolded the paper but she quickly knew when she read what the paper wrote.

Baby, don’t cry because my love will protect you.

              Before she could take it in mind, another origami crane came to her sight and kept coming like it was being launched by some machine.

I want to be a man to you; the one person to protect you.

You are written in my memories; a pretty girl that won’t get erased.

I don’t need a map my heart points me to you.

You’re a loved Tinker Bell; there won’t be Wendy or Jane in our story.

I want to be your eternal Peter Pan, dear Tinker Bell.

Throw away yesterday’s spilled and shaking love confession over the table.
Are you ready for love?

I might grow old, but my love for you won’t ever grow old.

             Ara didn’t even read the other tens of notes when she broke into tears at last. With teary eyes, she looked around her with aware eyes; so she could detect his presence.

             She gulped as she spoke, “I know you’re here. I know you’re the one who flies the papers to me. I know you’re the one who wrote it. I know you’ve come back. I know you’re listening to me. I know, I just know it all. Just appear now...” it took her a few seconds before she finally said it, “...Park Chanyeol.”

            There was a long silence surrounding her. Nothing could be heard; not even a breath except for hers. Her heart was pierced with so many questions. Why didn’t he appear? Did he still mad at her? Didn’t he love her?

            Ara waited for a moment and two. Yet he didn’t even come into her view. She grew saddened when she knew he wasn’t doing what she expected him to do.

           “Park Chanyeol, 5 years are more than enough for me. I can’t even wait for any second now. I want to see you badly. I want to hug you. I want to hold your hands and touch your face. I want to hear you sing for me. All I want is you!” she cried. She wanted to show him how much she needed him.

           Just then she felt a tall figure was towering her. Before she could turn her back around, her slender figure was pressed onto someone’s chest as she was cuddled from the back.

          “You don’t have anything to worry anymore because I’m here with you,” he said to her; or it was actually more to a whisper; a romantic one you must say.

           In one swift turn, she was facing the person that she missed the most out of everyone. She was loss for words at the moment when she took notice on how he had changed in these 5 years of not seeing each other. He became smoking-ly hot than before and not to mention, it seemed like he had grown a little bit taller and muscular than he was in his teens age.

            But there was still a thing which remained the same in her scrutiny. It was the looks in his huge yet mesmerising eyes.

            The feeling of love that was shined thoroughly his eyes.

            Ara’s unsteady hands slowly made their ways to Chanyeol’s good-looking face as she touched his face whilst her eyes were glimmering in tears. She stared at him with her bambi-like eyes.

            “It’s really you. You’re back for real,” she said; smiling even though her eyes were shedding tears. It was probably tears of joy.

            Chanyeol nodded his head contentedly. He was glad that she accepted his return well. “It’s really me, Ara. And yes, I’m back for you,” he uttered as he pulled her into his warm embrace.

            Ara whimpered even more in Chanyeol’s hug. She couldn’t believe that her man was back after a long wait. She was elatedly happy to be in his hug as her hands encircled his waist. How she wished the time would freeze at the moment because she didn’t want their hug to come to an end.

            To her dismay, Chanyeol broke the long hug. He squeezed her shoulders and made her look at him.

            “How much did you miss me?” there came his first question.

            Ara didn’t know what to reply. But her action afterwards overcame her mind.

            “This much,” she whispered as she planted a kiss on his right cheek.

            Chanyeol laughed with her mischievousness before asking again, “How many times did you miss me?”

            “It was uncountable so I guess this will do,” she placed a kiss on his left cheek as she grinned.

            Then Chanyeol showed a playful grin. “How much do you love me, Yoo Ara?” he tenderly required with his hoarse voice.

            It took her a second before she gave a quick peck for him on the lips. “That much?”

            “I don’t think that was enough to describe your love towards me, don’t you think so?” he teasingly asked as he pulled her body closer to his.

            Ara’s cheeks turned reddened at the sudden close contact between them. Then she thought of something.

            “This will explain my love towards you,” she pulled out something from her collar as she showed it to him.

            Chanyeol was stunned with the fact that she was actually wearing the necklace with the wings-shaped locket that he had given to her; or actually was about to give it to her but the item still arrived at her no matter what.

            “You still have it?” he asked as he smiled; enlightened that she actually kept it.

            “Of course I do. I wear it every day for 5 years already. I’ve never took it off because it shows my love towards you and it is the only thing that keeps me with you,” Ara meaningfully beamed at the male.

            “Then will you agree if I want to take you as my one and only wife?” Chanyeol expressively asked. It might shock her but he had been thinking about it for a long time. He wanted to make her as his queen.

            Ara blinked for a moment before her stunned face turned to an electrifyingly ecstatic expression. “Yes, I agree. I’ll be your wife so do take me as your wife.”

            Chanyeol gladly curled up a smile. It was like the happiest moment to be happening in his life to hear her say that she agreed to marry him. “Thank you, Ara. I promise that I’ll take care of you for the rest of my life. I’ll love you until the world comes to an end. I’ll make you as the happiest girl in the world, my love.”

            “I want to be your first and last. And trust me, you’ll be my one and only eternally so there will be none but you in my heart,” Ara truthfully said it to Chanyeol.

            Chanyeol gave a long kiss on Ara’s forehead as he declared something to her.

            “Peter Pan does not grow old, so does my love towards you.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Epilogue;

He clapped his hands like he just had finished watching a heart-warming drama on television. He pretended to wipe his virtual tears that didn't even exist in the first place. He wasn't Baekhyun the Diva for nothing.

“Finally, there’s a happily ever after ending for them. I wish they’ll be happy for eternal and I swear I don’t want to get into any of their argument after this. I want to rest peacefully. A freedom for Byun Baekhyun, at last! Woohooooo!” Baekhyun giddily jumped around in glee.

But he abruptly stopped when he saw his favourite noona was approaching him. He acted manly as he had a smug look on his face. He pretended to coolly fix his hair.

He whistled playfully when she walked to him as he raised his eyebrows. “Hey noona, are you free today? Want to have a cup of cappuccino with me?” he winked at her; a fail one.

She threw a disgusted look at him as she arrogantly replied him, “Too bad I have a date with my Ginger today. And let me tell you, I won’t ever accept your outdated dates. Be more creative yeah, lil kid?” she glared at him for the one last time as she flipped her peach hair.

Baekhyun crestfallenly sighed. He had tried for hundredth times but why didn’t this noona ever agree to him?!

“You’ll be mine soon, Kim Taeyeon!!! And I swear I’ll throw that silly dog away!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

The end! Drop your comment about what you think about this story so I'll be able to improve my writing when I'm going to write again soon :D I'm sorry if this story is a little bit boring and disappointing well I tried my best ;; Thank you for reading and viewing so does subscribing and commenting, I do appreciate it a lot! Hope to see you in my soon-to-be written story(perhaps) ;; Have a nice day! Goodbye (:

 

 

 

chanyeol-waving-ktjpop-31116238-500-216.