The Boundaries Are Gone

I Woke Up Married
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Choi Seunghyun and Tiffany’s Villa
Hannam-dong, Seoul
9.30 a.m.

 

“I’m sorry…” Seunghyun began. “I really don’t know what came into my head and I did what I just did…”

 

He covered his face with his hands.

 

For the nth time he repeated those words to himself.

 

Seunghyun was rehearsing what he’s going to tell Tiffany after he had kissed her the other day.

 

After they have kissed.
Passionately.

 

Seunghyun was in his room pacing back and forth, repeating over and over those words which  he had chosen as the final (and the most appropriate and simple) ones he was going to tell her.

 

He had many versions; and he had practiced so many times.


In front of the mirror.
While in the bathroom.
While lying in bed.

 

Now he was walking in his spacious bedroom, still saying  the same words over and over again.

 

Seunghyun must have kept his count.
He must’ve reached two hundred by now.

 

He sat at the edge of his bed and covered his handsome yet worried face with hands.

 

Why did he have to prove himself to be a Bingu to Tiffany?

 

Why did he have to kiss her?

 

Seunghyun’s not even sure if he was that attracted to her.

 

Maybe.
Maybe not.

 

He was not sure, but she was beautiful.


He found her eyes beautiful most especially… it smiles when her lips does.
And her lips… it was soft and sweet.
Her face was perfect…

 

Seunghyun was reminiscing how close he got to Tiffany, admiring her beautiful face.
And he touched that perfection, when he kissed her.

 

He smiled when he remembered.

But there he was, as Bingu as ever, not even sure if he even has a crush on her.


Seunghyun went back to being nervous when he realized how awkward it will be being face to face with her ‘alone’ after that ‘kiss’.

 

It could’ve been awkward the moment they pulled out (finally) from their kiss. But Grandpa Lee came to their villa and ate lunch there (and he almost caught them kissing); so they weren’t given the chance to feel all-shy to each other.

 

They ate lunch with Grandpa Lee and talked.
Seunghyun played chess with Gramps while Tiffany watched.

 

They can’t feel awkward or they’ll be asked to explain. And if they do, how do you explain something that should be happening in the first place?

 

A husband kissing his wife.
And the wife kissing him back.

 

Grandma and Grandpa Lee started to like Seunghyun now and had told Tiffany that maybe the two can consider their relationship to extend more than friendship. Grandma is guessing that they won’t divorce anyway so might as well give a romantic relationship a try. Of course, they’re still on Tiffany’s side but they don’t hate Seunghyun anymore especially that he’s giving Tiffany a home now.

 

A home where she feels safe, comfortable and happy.
Tiffany feels that way now in his villa.
In their villa.

 

Because they’re friends now.

 

Tiffany eats together with him some times. And she finally had meals with his family.

Mommy Choi cried when she first hugged Tiffany. She felt guilty having treated Tiffany bad all these time.

Now, she’s one proud Mother-in-law slash Girls’ Generation fan.

 

Although, secretly.

 

Mommy Choi can’t let Shin Min Ah know or let Seunghyun’s friends know. Tiffany’s fine with this anyway. She also had gotten a little friendlier, if not close, with Seunghyun’s sister, Hye Yoon.

 

AND

 

Mr. and Mrs. Choi Seunghyun had to make sure Shin Min Ah would never ever drop by their villa in case they are dining at the same time.

 

Seunghyun would call his girlfriend first on her whereabouts before he can decently (and peacefully) take a bite of his food.

 

They almost got caught when Shin Min Ah surprised Seunghyun one dinner; Tiffany ran as fast as she can to her room and pretended to be asleep. Seunghyun threw her plate, utensils and drinking glass in the sink. Of course, the china broke as well as the glass.

 

Shin Min Ah saw the broken plate and glass and had asked Seunghyun about it.
Seunghyun blamed the cat.

 

But.

They don’t have a cat.

 

Another time, he fell asleep in Tiffany’s room while they were watching a movie together. They started watching past ten in the evening and the movie ended about after two hours or so.

 

Tiffany fell asleep too and was awoken by Seunghyun’s phone ringing endlessly.

 

It was Shin Min Ah calling.

 

She was in the living room and couldn’t find Seunghyun in his room. She was frantic, worried and about to get mad.

 

She didn’t bother to ask Tiffany where Seunghyun is. As far as she knows, Tiffany and Seunghyun are still on the ‘hi-hello’ stage of their relationship despite being married. And regardless of having that knowledge of their situation, Shin Min Ah, still is jealous of Tiffany.

 

Tiffany panicked when she saw Seunghyun’s phone ringing next to her.
She panicked even more when she saw the owner of the phone sleeping next to her.

 

She went back to sleep.
She thought maybe it was just a bad dream.

 

But then, Seunghyun moved and shifted his position. He faced her and placed his arm on her.

 

In short, all she has to do is face him too and do the same, and they’re hugging each other.

 

Perfect.

 

Just forget the mobile phone.

Forget the freaking ringing mobile phone and it’s perfect.
 

Just perfect.

 

“Tabi...” Tiffany slightly shook him, “Unni is here…”

 

Honestly, Tiffany doesn’t want to call him Tabi.
For her, it sounded sweet.

 

And they were in bed.

 

Tiff + Tabi + Bed + Sweet
 

That’s not good.

 

 “Seunghyun…” Tiffany changed it to Seunghyun. “Unni is here…”

 

But Seunghyun sounded romantic…
At least for her.
 

When she calls her Seunghyun, she pauses… and her voice becomes a little soft.


Awww…

 

Seunghyun just had a different sound and feel… so different from T.O.P.

 

Seunghyun…

 

“TOP…” Tiffany had to change it again, “Your girlfriend is here.”

 

He slightly opened his eyes and nodded before closing his eyes again.

 

Tiffany handed his phone to him and he answered it sleepily, “Noona, I’m asleep.” And he ended the phone call.

 

He didn’t say where he was.

 

Shin Min Ah sent a message asking him and threatened to break up.
Seunghyun replied he was at Tiffany’s room.
Shin Min Ah only replied she was sorry and told Seunghyun to go back to sleep.  

 

Shin Min Ah was that scared that she made him mad, and Seunghyun might really leave her. And her message implied she was that confident that Seunghyun will never ever be in Tiffany’s room that night.

 

But she was wrong… because he was.
And he had fallen asleep right after he replied that he was in Tiffany’s room.

 

And Seunghyun now often says he likes movie nights.
Because movie nights are spent on Tiffany’s room.

 

Whom Seunghyun is not sure if he’s attracted to or not.

 

 “I’m sorry…” There he goes again, starting off with another repetition of what he’s going to tell his wife.

 

He stopped when he heard voices in the living room.

 

Tiffany’s and a guy’s voice.

 

He recognized that voice.

 

Mmmm.
Patrick.

 

The ex-boyfriend.
Who wanted to be a boyfriend again.

 

“I’m sorry…” He went back to his practice.

 

He closed his eyes. He couldn’t concentrate. As if he was going to deliver a five-page speech that he needed complete silence and no distraction at all.

 

Ah, Choi Seunghyun.

Good thing, you’re y and handsome.

 

Seunghyun went out.
He’ll feed the cat.
He had an excuse to go out of his room.

 

Why does he need an excuse for?

 

Oh .
They don’t have a cat. (again)

 

He’ll just a get a glass of water.

 

Ah, that Bingu.

 

“Anyeonghaseyo.” Seunghyun and Patrick bowed to each other.

 

“You’re here.” Patrick said.

 

“Mmmm.” Seunghyun smiled.
He wanted to remind Patrick that this is his house, so it’s not surprising that he’s there.

 

“So Tiff…” Patrick turned to Tiffany “I’ll probably be there two days after you have arrived. I’ll go to L.A. first then go see you in Vegas. Carol’s coming with me, I already spoke to her.”

 

Seunghyun listened to him intently. They were speaking in English so he had to listen really hard. And he had to work double time because he couldn’t find the cat.

 

.
The cat.

 

They don’t have one.
He had to remind himself again.

 

He went straight to the refrigerator.

 

Who’s not attracted to whom again?

 

Tee-hee.
Tee-Oh-Pee.

 

Someone doesn’t know what he’s doing.
Someone’s pretending to be doing something.
Someone keeps thinking they have a cat when they don’t.

 

Therefore…


Someone’s attracted to someone but doesn’t want to admit it.

Someone’s got a crush…

 

Tee-hee.
Tee-Oh-Pee.

 

“Right.” Tiffany smiled brightly. “I’m so excited to see Carol. I haven’t seen her for ages. She was in Toronto when I went home.”

 

Seunghyun always loved Tiffany’s American accent. He was never a fan of the language but he had admired how Tiffany spoke so fluently and ily.

 

He smiled when she said Toronto.
So y.

 

“TOP!” Tiffany almost shouted, “Beer? This early?”

 

Oh dear.
He was supposed to get water…

 

Someone smack that guy, Choi Seunghyun.

 

He closed his eyes.

Ooops.

 

He just shrugged. That’s why it tasted so different…

 

“Ah, don’t mind me.” He told her. Then he went back to the refrigerator to put the beer back.

 

At least, their next encounter after ‘the kiss’ was not so traumatizing-ly awkward again.
At least.

 

“Tiffany…” Seunghyun called out. He was still supposedly looking for something inside the refrigerator, “I’m sorry…I really don’t know what came into my head and I did what I just did…”

 

Oh…

 

Seunghyun said it.
The thing he was practicing so many times now.

 

Tiffany stopped… and blushed.

 

Patrick mouthed silently, “What did he do?”

 

She couldn’t tell Patrick Seunghyun kissed her… they kissed, can she?

 

“He… he... lost our cat.” She faintly smiled. “While jogging in the park…”

 

Holy cow.

 

Oh.
Make that holy cat.

 

Seunghyun who was still in the refrigerator, (you haven’t found what you’re looking for, handsome?) smiled when he heard Tiffany’s answer.

 

Number 1: For the record, Mr. and Mrs. Choi Seunghyun don’t really have a cat.
Number 2: Seunghyun doesn’t really jog and there’s no park near their place.

 

Their lies just keep getting better and better.

 

“TOP-ssi.” Patrick called him, (and might have done him a big favor; his handsome face might be frozen by now… and he’s just supposed to get water.) “Tiffany’s leaving for Las Vegas for their photo book shoot and I’m coming with her, I hope there are no issues with you. I hope you won’t mind.”

 

Seunghyun walked and joined them smiling.

 

“Hyung.” He was smiling handsomely.

 

Handsomely.


You know ‘handsomely’ as in girls would melt when they see that smile…
Shin Min Ah would often kiss him when she sees him smile like that…
2NE1 goes ‘Oppa…’ to him when they see him smile like that…  (with sweet and flirty voice; even Bom and Dara calls him that)
VIPs would often make GIFs when they capture it on BIGBANG video clips when they see him smile like that.

 

That handsome smile.
That handsome Choi Seunghyun smile.

 

Tiffany only glanced at him once.
She didn’t look at him again.

 

Because she knew that smile.

 

“Why would I mind?” That smile is still on his face.

 

That smile is not for Patrick of course.
Maybe for the cat.

 

Then Patrick laughed, “Oh well, I just wanted to ask… I know I shouldn’t. I know everything anyway. But still I wanted to ask. It’s going to be a week-long vacation, or maybe even more… depends. I’m taking this wonderful lady away for quite some time and I wanted you to know… you’re housemates after all.”

 

Housemates.
Right.

 

Patrick was right.
He was letting Seunghyun know because he and Tiffany live in one house together and nothing else.

 

“But you can come if you want.” Patrick smiled arrogantly and spoke as if he was daring Seunghyun.
He was not a bad guy but he always considered Seunghyun as competition.

 

Seunghyun smiled even more, “Why not?”

 

WHY NOT?

 

Then the smiled vanished.

 

Patrick’s.

 

 “When are you leaving?” Seunghyun asked Tiffany, “When’s the last day of your photo shoot?”

 

He didn’t even think about it twice.
He was coming with her.

 

.

 

Patrick wanted to take it back and say he was joking. He was seriously about to do so when Seunghyun got his phone and called Yang Hyun Suk (not just his manager, but the YG CEO himself) and told him he is going to Las Vegas with his wife. He had to ask Tiffany for the exact date again which Tiffany had no choice but to provide him.

 

Seunghyun said he is going with ‘his wife’.
He didn’t say Tiffany.
And he called Yang Hyun Suk.
 

That handsome smile never left his face.

 

 

The Sin City - Las Vegas
Nevada

 

Oh, hello there, Las Vegas.

 

Tiffany was so glad to be in the Sin City.

 

Whenever she is in the U.S. she feels free and at home.

 

Tiffany is originally from Los Angeles but she loves Las Vegas too. She was never fond of casinos (which the city is famous for) but its lights and vibrancy have always amused her. And now she’s back and she’s thrilled.

 

Well, maybe not so much.

 

Tiffany is having mixed emotions.

 

She’s happy that she’s home. Her dad and her sister are even coming to Las Vegas to see her. They are in good terms now. Finally they’ve come to realize it was not Tiffany’s fault and she was telling them the truth all this time. Her family doesn’t even know how to apologize to her at first; they were so embarrassed to do so. They have hurt her so much.

 

Daddy Hwang actually talked to his son-in-law first before he could talk to his own daughter. He was that embarrassed to his own child.

 

Tiffany also made amends with her SNSD sisters. She never hated them although she felt really bad towards them.

 

Who wouldn’t?

 

They left her when she had no one. Even her best friend Taeyeon… She didn’t believe Tiffany when she literally begged and explained everything to her.

 

But it’s all in the past now.

 

Why is she having mixed emotions now? Isn’t she supposed to feel happy now that everything's a-okay? Everything’s back to normal with her family and she’s friends with her friends…

 

She and Patrick are regularly seeing each other…
She and Seunghyun are friends…

 

Exactly.
The mix is just weird.

 

She goes on dates with her ex-boyfriend.
And just friends with her husband.

 

Now she is torn.

 

Months ago, Tiffany was always left with no choice.

 

But now, she had to choose:  Patrick or Seunghyun.

 

WAIT.

She considers Seunghyun now?

 

Patrick told her he will respect her decision. It’s her only free time and she can spend it anywhere and with anyone she wants to.

 

They have just finished their pictorial for the photo book, and the girls have made their own plans. Tiffany was staying in Vegas with Patrick and Carol (another childhood friend) and of course, with her husband in tow, the very handsome and hot Choi Seunghyun.

 

The eight other members confessed, (after having recovered from the shock of knowing Tiffany was married to the hot BIGBANG rapper) they too wished it was them, who signed that freaking marriage registration document.

 

They can laugh about it now.

 

On the first day of her vacation, Tiffany is now in a dilemma whether to go out with Patrick and Carol who both wanted to go out for a drive in the famous Las Vegas strip or stay with Seunghyun who wanted to just eat and explore the hotel. (He doesn’t want to go out; he said he was tired… Ah, typical Seunghyun).

 

Seunghyun made sure he appeared really handsome (but pitiful) when he told her, “I don’t speak English… at all.”

 

How can she say no?

 

To him, so handsome like that?

 

Oh.
Make that ‘to him who can’t speak English at all?’

 

“TOP…” He’s back to being TOP for Tiffany. “I promised Patrick and Carol…”

 

Calling him Tabi sounded sweet.
Calling him Seunghyun sounded romantic.

 

Awww, Miyoung, what has gotten into you?
People call him Tabi and Seunghyun…

 

“Okay.” He pouted like a kid, “I’ll just walk around the hotel by myself.”

 

And they went on separate ways.

 

Mr. Choi decided he’ll explore the Wynn Hotel (the hotel they’re staying at) alone.
And Mrs. Choi’s about to go out with the cute Patrick Jung and their friend Carol to hit the Las Vegas strip.

 

It could’ve been an amicable decision; no hard feelings… except that Seunghyun’s phone rang.

 

His ringtone: Hands up by 2PM.

 

Tiffany’s eyes widened.
Seunghyun winked at her.

 

The Bingu has prepared for the situation like this very well.

 

He even danced a bit (doing 2PM’s dance steps) when he walking away, leaving Tiffany gaping in disbelief.

 

Everyone put your hands up and get your drinks up…
Put your hands up, Put your hands up,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter