More Than Two

I Woke Up Married
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Onboard KE 901
Los Angeles to Seoul
8 p.m.

 

“Hell and back, you say?” Seunghyun smiled as he rested his head on Tiffany’s right shoulder.


“Mmmm.” Tiffany softly replied while she kissed his hair. “They’re never going to forgive us, Seunghyun. Grandma and Grandpa. They didn’t want to talk to me again. Grandma pushed me towards the door when I went to their house…it was… it was…”

 

Horrible.
Tiffany wanted to say. But tears got in the way as always.

 

And Tiffany never gets to finish her story. The story on how she went back to the Lees to apologize that she made them feel bad and she had hurt their family terribly. (But she’s not being one bit remorseful that she and Seunghyun are married again.) She thought everything was fine with the old Lees. Grandma had let her go when she told her the first time. They parted with tears but hurtful words were not spoken. Not until Tiffany wanted to apologize once more to the old couple whom she considered as her own grandparents. Gone is the caring and gentle mannered Grandma. Doting and extremely nice Grandpa is nowhere to be seen too. Tiffany had met new Grandpa and Grandma Lee; she met strangers. 

 

She and Kwang Jin are days away from tying the knot. It was literally just hours (okay, many, many hours away) before she finally gets to be legally Grandma and Grandpa’s  granddaughter the moment she and Kwang Jin exchange I do’s but that man, Choi Seunghyun was one step ahead.

 

Seunghyun registered their marriage in Seoul. Therefore, the one happening in Los Angeles between Tiffany and the poor software engineer, Lee Kwang Jin will just be null and void. And since everything came to light before it even happened, it saved everyone from relieving such a painful memory in the future; not that this one isn’t traumatic enough, because it already is; very, very much so.

 

Tiffany went back to the Lees’ house in Los Angeles with her face drenched with innocent and sorry tears. Sorry that she had hurt them but not sorry that she’s back to Mrs. Choi Seunghyun.

 

Sorry, not sorry.
That Tiffany Choi.

 

She didn’t know where to begin. First, she didn’t know whether to apologize or not. Because Grandma and Grandpa knew she’s still in love with Seunghyun. And they very well knew how they felt towards each other, (because that man, Choi Seunghyun had come upfront and admitted his feelings). And for goodness sake, he registered their marriage miles away, back in Seoul --- that alone is too much of a proof. 

 

Tiffany was trying not to say the word ‘sorry’ because it will backfire. She knew the old Lees would tell her, if she was sorry then she would break it with Seunghyun. But that is out of the options; no way. Hell and back remember?

 

Their relationship has been a long-running K-drama:

An unbelievable waking up married to each other Damsel-in-distress Tiffany and coldest of the cold Seunghyun living under one roof Dealing with second leads - regretful soon-ex Nichkhun and girlfriend Shin Min Ah Oh-so predictable falling in love with each other Losing their baby the next Sweet married life etc, etc. Under unbelievable twist courtesy of Kwon Sang Woo. Most bitter break-up in whole wide world. Tiffany runs after Seunghyun, he runs away a snowman, frozen-cold. Predictable again: Tiffany dies of heartbreak, lives again, she falls in love again…. With another man. Seunghyun tells the twist is just like in the movies and is not true and he loves Tiffany still… but sorry, she has become a snowwoman now. It’s Seunghyun’s turn to die of heartbreak, then lives again, then falls in love again… with another woman. Believe it or not, they’re still married. (Phew!) still not over. Mr. and Mrs. Choi Seunghyun fall in love again.  (still predictable, eh?) But Tiffany is already engaged to someone. So Seunghyun thinks of a way to get her, and he gets her for good.

 

Does she give up?
Will she give up?

 

Hell no.

 

Even if those people who cared for her at the lowest point in her life was cursing at her telling she was an ingrate, accusing her she used them for her own good, it never crossed Tiffany’s mind to give up that man, Choi Seunghyun.

 

The words thrown at her never pained her.
It was the tears that did.

 

Grandma was cursing at her. Grandma Lee was reminding Tiffany how she and Grandpa Lee were her only family when everyone left her. How they were there for her when no one trusted, when basically everyone she knew, even her family, abandoned her when she first woke up married to Choi Seunghyun. Grandpa was crying on the side, wordless.

 

At first, Tiffany was shocked that Grandma was able to utter these things. She knew the old woman can be  fierce and strong too; but she didn’t know she had the capacity to say such hurtful words. Then she realized, she made her say it. She and Seunghyun made Grandma Lee like that. They pushed her to the limits, to her limits. Just like any other grandparent, she would protect her grandchild too. And what they did to Kwang Jin was unforgivable; and to Grandma and Grandpa, it’s too disrespectful.

 

Grandma and Grandpa were right anyway. Tiffany owed them a lot. She couldn’t even fight and contradict whatever they say; or for this matter, since Grandma is the only one talking, whatever she says. They gave her a home, a shelter, a family… and she had hurt their most precious grandchild. She was a nobody, at her lowest, at her saddest, most depressed state – the Lees gave her warmth, a smile, hope when no one else was willing to give it to her. They loved her.

 

Tiffany was abandoned and the Lees got her.
And Tiffany just abandoned them in return.

 

But no, she ain’t abandoning Choi Seunghyun.

 

“Go away.” Grandma bitterly said. “Never come back. You were a nightmare Ms. Hwang. We wish we’d never met you. And never show your face again to us.”

 

Tiffany cried harder and harder. Still, never saying sorry. In fact, most of the time she kept silent and only cried in front of them, while Grandma blabbed away. Then Tiffany tried to hug her. Grandma pushed her away the best she could, while she continued to talk. Tiffany then, tried to approach Grandpa, but Grandma shooed her away too.

 

“Leave.” Grandma said in between her angered tears. “Go back to where you came from. Be sure to tell your kids what you have done in the past.”

 

“Leave.” It was Grandpa this time. An angry old man, crying, telling Tiffany to go away. “Go away.”

 

But finally Tiffany gathered her courage to wipe those sad tears away from her face.
She finally smiled in front of those two persons who are very, very close to her heart whom she knew she had hurt and have been hurting her too just now – but the love she have for them is still the same.

 
 

No matter what happens, they still are, her grandparents, and Tiffany’s going to love them like her own.

 

“I woke up married again, Grandma.” Tiffany smiled. “But I’m not crying this time. I’m not sad anymore.”

 

“Who are you?” Grandma, with a cold stare, asked.

 

“I am Tiffany Choi.” Tiffany smiled again. “My name is Tiffany Choi.”

 

With so much meaning, with so much weight, she replied with those words, with that name:

 

Tiffany Choi.

 

Then she left the Lees.
Still with a heavy heart, Tiffany went away, breaking down crying at the Lees’ gate.
She will never forget and she doesn’t think she will get over them either.

 

Later, she learned Kwang Jin overdosed with sleeping pills.
Wanting to go away and leave.
Tiffany understood; she understood very well.

 

…why Grandma and Grandpa wanted her to leave and go away.

 

 

Mr. and Mrs. Seunghyun’s Villa Rooftop
Hannam-dong, Seoul
5 p.m.

 

“I have a new house rule.” Seunghyun smiled. “No one enters the room if you’re fully clothed.”

 

“I will sleep outside.” Tiffany winked.

 

“Okay, I sleep there too.”

 

Then they laughed. Seunghyun then hugged her tightly and smelled her hair. Precious moments like these are what they look forward to during their days off. A lazy afternoon spent on the rooftop, talking about anything and everything under the sun with ‘no space’ between them. That ‘Tiff and Tabi’ time – it’s back and it’s back for good, for real and forever. 

 

“Did I already tell you, you’re the best thing that ever happened to me?” Seunghyun whispered, after kissing her head several times. “Mmm? Did I ever tell you that?”

 

Tiffany smiled; he already told her that. Many times he did; then she would pretend he hasn’t.

 

“Ah…” Tiffany held on to him more tightly too, “I don’t recall.”

 

Both of them smiling, holding each other tightly as they ‘flirt’ even more.

 

“Fine.” Seunghyun laughed, “You are the best thing that ever happened to me, Tiffany Hwang.”

 

“Choi.” Tiffany corrected, “The last name is Choi.”

 

“Ahhhh.” Seunghyun groaned, “That sounds sooooo good.”

 

“Sounds good, isn’t it?” Tiffany giggled. “I thought I wouldn’t be back as Tiffany Choi.”

 

“You never trusted me enough, Miyoung.” Seunghyun lifted her chin and kissed her lips softly. “And you flew all the way to L.A. to marry someone else while…”

 

“I hope they’re fine.” Tiffany sighed. “I wish there are certain things I can undo, but keep some. You know what I mean. I hope we didn’t hurt Grandma and Grandpa… and Kwang Jin but we’re still happy together.”

 

“You’re asking for the impossible, Tiffany.” He answered straight.

 

“Don’t you think I didn't know that?” She frowned. “Those are just part of my wishful thinking. You know what I’ve been through, right?”

 

“So if you were to choose…”

 

“Are we going thru that again, Choi Seunghyun?” Tiffany raised her eyebrow while she literally went on top of Seunghyun, shocking her husband, making his eyes widen and smile at the same time.

 

“Hey!”  Seunghyun said, then he covered his mouth for a bit, “We might fall off…”

 

“I thought you made this hammock?” Tiffany laughed, “This ain’t strong enough?”

 

The hammock shook quite uncontrollably without someone pulling it.

 

“It is…” Seunghyun nodded, his face a little shocked. “It… is…”

 

But Seunghyun couldn’t believe what he’s seeing next though; Tiffany’s taking her clothes off. It was quite difficult because they’re in the hammock, and well, she’s on top of Seunghyun.

 

“Let’s go down…” Seunghyun, now somewhat panicking didn’t get to finish what he was saying because he was cut-off by Tiffany’s kiss.

 

“Let’s see how strong this hammock is, baby.” Tiffany winked at him.

 

“You are always com… pli… ca…ted…” Seunghyun complained in between his naughty smiles.

 

“How can you complain so ily, Choi Seunghyun?” She laughed.

 

The man is handsome from head to foot.
Him complaining can be handsome too, no doubt.
Ho ho ho.

 

“And how can you talk so much while we…” Seunghyun tried to speak.

 

While…
While…

 

While…

 

 

 

“Damn you, Seunghyun.” Tiffany nuzzled his neck. “You really meant that new house rule?”

 

‘No one enters the room if you’re fully clothed’

 

The new house rule.
Damn, that one was made few hours ago.

 

Seunghyun laughed too much and too hard, he was holding his tummy in a matter of seconds. Tiffany had to hit him several times because he can’t stop from laughing.

 

“It was your fault.” He said after he finally regained his composure. He faced Tiffany and pinched her cheek. “Your fault.”

 

“My fault?” Tiffany’s eyes widened. “How could…”

 

“Hammock?! Seriously?” Seunghyun was laughing again.

 

Oh the hammock.
Darn, it was a hot afternoon.

 

“I wasn’t planning to do that.” Tiffany blushed and defended.

 

“You removed your shirt!” Seunghyun reminded her.

 

“You removed what’s under my shirt!” Tiffany then reminded him.

 

 “I did?” Seunghyun smiled, playing dumb.

 

“Pabo.” Tiffany hit his arm.

 

“But…” Seunghyun cleared his throat, “It could’ve been a different experience… I mean, in the hammock.”

 

Naughty Seunghyun.
You bad boy.

 

“But you carried me here.” Tiffany reminded him, again.

 

Tiffany Choi, you fox.

Then they both laughed.
And both cursed.

 

“!”

 

“You’ve been working out?” Tiffany, for the nth time that afternoon, touched his pecks, “These are firmer… I like it.”

 

Tiffany Choi, you fox.
You lucky fox.

 

“These too.” She traced his arms too. “And you look a bit tanner too.”

 

He just smiled and pulled her closer. “I was trying to keep myself busy, I went to the gym a lot, because I was missing you… I was missing you a lot.”

 

Darn, the words are better and ier than the pecks.
 

“Did you miss me, Tiffany Choi?” He searched for an answer in her eyes. His eyes did.

 

“How do you spell CHOI again?” Tiffany kissed his cheek.

 

“I M-I-S-S Y-O-U.” He replied with a kiss on her lips. “Make that all caps.”

 

“I miss you so much, Seunghyun.” Tiffany kissed him back. “I miss you so, so, so much. Sorry about –“

 

“Let’s try spelling Seunghyun this time.” Seunghyun smiled and went top of Tiffany startling her a little bit. He removed strands of her hair that went on her face, “It starts with S…”

 

Oh dear.
The flirting never stops.
From the hammock to the bed.

 

“You’ve become more flirtatious too.” Tiffany whispered. “I like it.”

 

“And you still talk a lot.” He whispered back. “But you still have the same game face… which I love… I love it a lot.”

 

“I love you.” Tiffany kissed him.

 

“I love you a lot.” Seunghyun kissed her back.

 

Those were the last words.
The rest will drive your imagination wild.

 

“Let’s say sorry when they’re ready to hear those words, Miyoung.” Seunghyun pulled her closer for a much tighter hug in the middle of the night. “When Grandma and Grandpa can look at us the way they look at us before…”

 

“Will they be able to do that, Tabi?” Tiffany whispered while a tear escaped her eye. “Will things ever go back the way they are? Between us and Grandma and Grandpa?”

 

“I hope so.” Seunghyun sighed. “But do I ever want to lose you again? Do I want to wake up married to another woman aside from you?”

 

Tiffany answered with tighter hug.

 

“Someday Grandpa and Grandma will accept our sorry because they know how much we love each other… and because they have met each other.” Seunghyun continued.

 

“Huh?” Tiffany asked, baffled.

 

“You know, they very well know that just as Grandpa is for Grandma, Choi Seunghyun is for Tiffany Hwang.” Seunghyun smiled.

 

Oh darn.
Bingu at his finest, er, at his sweetest.

 

 

YG Entertainment Building
Gangnam-gu, Seoul
10 a.m.

 

“Er, hello.” Tiffany bowed down twice.

 

Yes, twice.
And that bad boy, Choi Seunghyun was laughing on the side.

 

The people in front of her -  the ‘all-hail YG people yo!’,  were of course shocked in disbelief. Shocked is actually an understatement, to be honest. BIGBANG were the least affected because they knew of her existence right from the very start and they knew they were married once more but they didn’t know Seunghyun Hyung’s going to bring her in front of the family.

 

Yang Hyun Suk stirred the sugar canister, not his coffee, out of nervousness.

 

2NE1 kept their cool but each one clutched the hems of their skirts even if they are wearing pants. They too, knew of her existence, her role in Seunghyun’s life, but they never expected that this day would come. No, no, no. And hell, did they expect they will care, eh, eh, eh, eh. But they did.

 

Everyone else felt like they hit solid ground from the skies: Epik High felt low and so did Lee Hi who went Lo; Winner felt like losers. Akdong Musicians felt like singing Gangnam style instead of sunbae PSY. Oh corniest pun ever, but one of SM’s brand carriers is here in front of them, at their YG family meeting, (not to mention, the meeting that they look forward to every year, because it’s fun and bonuses, parties, travels abroad and tours were announced) and looks like she’s joining them.  The trainees, who are all present, whispered to each other, asking if Tiffany of SNSD will be joining as a fellow trainee.

 

Finally, Seunghyun came to his senses, went beside Tiffany held her hand and spoke, “My wife.”

 

Oh dear.
Drum roll, please.
That is if you can hear it because the heartbreaks from too many women around the world are too loud, the drum rolls are seemingly inaudible. The heartbreaks inside the room are more than enough. If they only knew.

 

“My wife.”

 

Tiffany Hwang smiles.
Choi Seunghyun stans die a thousand deaths.  

 

This ain’t new. In fact, most of YG people knew this already but they also knew they have split up and divorced. But what is this sudden announcement and sweet smiles on Seunghyun and Tiffany’s faces?

 

“You brats!” It was Yang Hyun Suk. “You got married for real?”

 

Seunghyun nodded, still with an excited and happy face on. His grip on Tiffany’s hand got tighter. “For real and forever, Hyung.”

 

Everyone groaned.
Choi Seunghyun, the cheesy type is a no-no. Even Tiffany rolled her eyes.

 

“I made her wake up married to me again.” Seunghyun told everyone. “This time I made it happen.”

 

“You’re not crying anymore, Tiffany?” Yang Hyun Suk had to make sure she wasn’t forced again or she becoming married is with her knowledge.

 

Tiffany shook her head, the smile never left her face. “Not anymore, Sajang-nim.”

 

“What happened to the better man?” The CEO probed. "Let me search Google..."

 

Tiffany looked at Seunghyun, and answered “Right beside me.”

 

“Get out of here you two!” Jiyong scoffed.

 

“I’m just re-introducing a member of the family.” Seunghyun told everyone.

 

“Welcome to YG Family, Unni!” It was Haru, Tablo’s daughter. “You are the prettiest in the family.”

 

No one reacted.
Seunghyun smiled.

 

Kids don’t lie.

 

The wife of the most handsome member of the family is the most beautiful --- it just makes sense.

 

No one even bothered contesting it.

 

 

Tazza First Movie Screening
Megabox Cinema
Coex Mall, Seoul
7 p.m.

 

Okay, the red carpet has been rolled off.
The actors and actresses, some idols and famous personalities are coming in one by one and having their photo op.

 

Normal movie screening.

 

Choi Seunghyun in tuxedo, handsome, y, hot, electrifying.
Another normal thing.

 

What’s not normal is Tiffany Hwang of SM Entertainment is in attendance. She is an idol; and no one is stopping her. And since it was almost rare that SM artist attends an event of a YG artist, press people had requested of a picture together.

 

TOPFANY picture everyone.
And it’s not just a screencap.

 

Seunghyun and Tiffany even bowed and smiled to each other before they gamely posed for pictures. After which, they have probably left a whole lot of spectators wondering what they talked about for a brief moment. Because Tiffany, with a faint smile, had to whisper something to Seunghyun; while he, on the otherhand, whispered back to her, smiling too. The whispering to each other took a lot of turns too.

 

People will never guess what.
But cameras captured those moments.
They can just create stories if they want to.
Shippers can ship.
Fanfictions can be written.
But they’ll never guess what.

 

“Seunghyun… I forgot if I turned off the TV in our bedroom…” She smiled faintly and whispered.

 

“Why were you in a hurry?” He smiled.

 

“I overslept.” She shyly admitted.

 

“You always oversleep these days.” He told her of his observation, still smiling, so as not to be obvious. “And always hungrier than the usual.”

 

“Me?” She asked while they began walking towards the cinema.

 

“You’re not pregnant, are you?” He smiled wide.

 

Great.
A great, appropriate place to talk about pregnancy.
Yes, there are no people around.
No press people around.
Go ahead, go on.

 

“I don’t think so.” Tiffany was definite. “I’m getting my period on the 5th.”

 

5th of August.
She didn’t lie about it.
But she forgot she missed her period during the 5th of July.

 

That forgetful fox.

 

“Oh, okay.” Seunghyun waved at one more camera and stopped Tiffany to pose for one last shot before they finally entered the cinema. “Too bad.”

 

One more picture.
One more family picture.
One more picture of them, seemingly and feeling, being just more than two.

 


SM Entertainment
Gangnam-gu, Seoul
11.30 a.m.

 

Tiffany was running too fast, she had no time to notice the stares of the people inside the building of  SM Entertainment. She never got to see that people were throwing pitiful glances at her. People in her company anticipated her arrival. The moment the news broke out and there were talks floating around that she has been summoned by the SM CEO.  Staff and artists from SM waited for the arrival of Tiffany Hwang; and they waited quite nervously.

 

The news.
It’s all over the internet that Tiffany Hwang is married.

 

Yup, it’s all out in the open.
She woke up married and everyone knows…  now.

 

 

“Drink first.” The secretary offered a crying Tiffany a glass of water.

 

Lee Soo Man was facing a huge glass window panel overlooking the city. His expression was too readable; if Tiffany was to say it loudly she could’ve said her CEO wanted to throw her out right that very moment, and right outside that glass window. She saw her CEO’s expression reflected on that window and she felt scared; she knew the moment he turned his face towards her, she would either be terrified or horrified – which both meant the same thing.

 

“How much more do you want to test me, Tiffany?” Lee Soo Man’s voice cracked. “We’re not done with this drama yet?”

 

Tiffany replied with tears; lots and lots of them.

 

“I was fine with TOP.” The SM CEO confessed. “I hate to admit it, but I like him… I liked him for you. When you guys split up, I was surprised I actually felt bad. Then you got engaged to another man… and now you wake up married to your ex?”

 

EX?
Holy ex.

 

“I don’t know what happened, Sajang-nim…” Tiffany replied; tears, snot, saliva and all. “I don’t know… I swear, I don’t.”

 

“I heard that one before…” Lee Soo Man faced her. Just as his reflection on the glass window, his face was shouting mad, angry and disappointed. “I heard that one already. Same voice, same words… did you sign another autograph?”

 

“Sajang-nim…” Tiffany stood up, “I’m married to Seunghyun… we got married again. That’s the truth… I don’t know what’s that with Nichkhun, I swear I don’t.”

 

Oh, Nichkhun.
Thee EX.

 

And holy cat, come again? She and Seunghyun are… married again?

 

Lee Soo Man stood frozen. It was moments before he can speak or move again. And when he did, he motioned his secretary who was there in the room (also crying with Tiffany) and told her to get him water too.

 

“What?” Lee Soo Man asked as he held his nape. “You are married to TOP again?”

 

Tiffany nodded. “My wedding with Kwang Jin didn’t push through because Seunghyun registered our marriage here. We’re living together as husband and wife, Sajang-nim. I love Choi Seunghyun…”

 

“And why is that everyone now knows that you woke up married to that 2PM boy?” Lee Soo Man slammed his fist on his table. “Why???”

 

Tiffany stepped back. She didn’t know too. All she knows is that, news had leaked out she and Nichkhun woke up married to each other. The details were exactly the same as what happened to her and Seunghyun. No changes, no alterations, no difference – except the guy isn’t Choi Seunghyun, it was Nichkhun.

 

From how they signed autographs separately on a piece of paper which turned out to be a marriage registration form. It was then filed in Gangnam City Hall, making their union legal. How she lived a sad life under one roof with Nichkhun. Her friends, even her family abandoned her. The Lees were even mentioned in that article that has been circulating in the internet. It was very, very detailed, complete and updated. It included major points such as Tiffany thought they were already divorced but were not; Tiffany’s relationship with Kwang Jin and her almost marriage with him were even mentioned. The only missing part, or maybe the intentionally omitted portion is that, how she is still married to Seunghyun, or in this fabricated case, to Nichkhun.

 

Something is up, or rather fishy. Tiffany is not in her clear mind so she couldn’t think straight and well. And of course, tears get in the way.

 

“I give up.” Lee Soo Man sat in his chair. “Anyway, Jin-Young said he was so shocked when he met a few press people, he said it wasn’t true but said you and Nichkhun were just dating… the lesser evil.”

 

 “Sajang-nim…” Tiffany’s tears dried up that instant. No way she is telling anyone she is dating Nichkhun again. She is married to C

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter