Woke Up With No One

I Woke Up Married
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Nichkhun Palace’s in Seoul
8 p.m.

 

Nichkhun was drunk.
Very drunk.

 

He slammed his fist hard on the wall. The picture frame which holds his and Tiffany’s picture taken during their second year anniversary (they went on a trip to Paris) came crashing down to the floor.

 

He couldn’t believe what he just heard; what Tiffany just told him. Tiffany is married to another guy and there is no way that he is buying her explanation.

 

“How can you not know it?!?” Nichkhun shouted, and went charging into Tiffany. He went to hold both her arms forcefully and tightly, hurting her in the process. “You’re lying Stephanie, you are lying.”

 

His eyes were raging mad. And it was the first time that Tiffany saw him that angry. She got so scared she wanted to run away and seek help from anyone. Anyone including TOP that she vowed she’d never ask anything from.

 

“I told you.” Tiffany was crying when she repeated her explanation, “’We were both asked to sign autographs and it was a damn marriage registration form. That’s it. Why would I marry someone I don’t know?”

 

“Why not?” He shot at her, “Everyone wants to marry that .”

 

“Nickhy…” She cried even more, “You’re hurting me…”

 

He even tightened his grip on her arms.

 

“What?” Tears began falling from Nichkhun’s eyes, “I’m hurting you? And what exactly do you think you just did to me, Stephanie? You made a fool out of me! You cheated on me, you !”

 

He started to use foul words on her. Language they’d both never imagine hearing coming either from one another. She continued to cry hard while he still hurt her physically holding on to her tightly. His hands left bruises and marks later on. And so did a loud and hard slap that went straight into Tiffany’s face. Nichkhun was even startled he did that; hurting her physically, but he was so hurt and enraged he wasn’t able to control his emotions.

 

But poor Tiffany continued to beg him and repeatedly cried that she doesn’t know how she ended up married to the BIGBANG rapper.

 

“I just woke up married… I just woke up married…” She cried out so many times until her voice was almost gone.

 

But Nichkhun never listened. He couldn’t believe her reasoning. He was thinking Tiffany and TOP may be had a little something going on and the marriage was a thing they did out of impulse. It was a mistake they committed and they’re paying for it now. He is convinced that they both know what they got into.

 

When Tiffany tried to hug him, he pushed her quite strongly making the frail Tiffany hit a hard chair and made her lip bleed. Still she got up and beg some more. She didn’t change her story one bit.

 

She never got tired of repeating everything.

 

She begged him.
And she only got hit in return.

 

“I don’t want to see your face again.” Nichkhun shouted. “You cheating ! I loved you and lied to me. Go to hell!”

 

And that was his final words before he stormed out of his own house, leaving the crying Tiffany all alone, battered, desperate and broken.

 

She couldn’t stand up the third time she got pushed. Her whole body aches but the physical pain she is feeling is nothing compared to whatever her heart is experiencing right now.

 

She just lost Nichkhun and she is married to someone else. Her dad and her siblings are even mad at her. They too couldn’t believe that such thing could’ve happened. They think she was fully aware when she got married and now she’s regretting it and making up stories to get away with it. People in SM are throwing doubting looks at her. Same reason as her family; they refuse to believe that she didn’t know she married TOP.

 

For the people who knew she was married, no one believed her story. And everyone thought she had an affair with TOP and she’s just paying the price of being his wife.

 

Some considered her lucky though; she is married to the handsome and hot Choi Seunghyun. But Tiffany wanted to die. All people just literally turned their backs on her:

 

Her family.
Her friends.
People from work.
Nichkhun.

 

Her best friend Taeyeon cried when she told her. It took her some time before she was finally convinced about that story. Sunny, who was there with her when she signed the paper, could not remember so she didn’t believe her either. Yuri defended her friends too.

 

Tiffany remained in the floor crying her heart out, thinking about how her life turned upside down in an instant. She woke up married and woke up with no one.

 

Well, if she is married then at least she has her husband, doesn’t she?

A husband who does not want to acknowledge her at all. She can’t blame him.

Of course.

 

She managed to get up using the little remaining the strength that she has and left her ex-boyfriend’s house.

 

Ex-boyfriend.

They’re over.
That’s for sure.

 

She scanned his pad as if it’s the last time she’ll be looking at it. She had a gut feeling she’s right.

 

Tiffany hurriedly went home and continued to cry some more.

 

Alone.


 

 

Judge’s Office
Korean Family Court
Gangnam, Seoul

 

Seunghyun couldn’t help but notice the bruise on her face and the cut on her lip. That’s of course after seeing her eyes who obviously had cried a river probably for weeks now.

 

But he felt nothing.
He felt nothing for Tiffany Hwang.

 

They were sitting opposite to each other, with an aisle separating them. Beside them were their lawyers who were both pessimistic about their divorce proceedings. They were given heads-up information that the judge handling is very strict when it comes to celebrity legal separations and divorce.

 

Seunghyun overheard Tiffany telling her lawyer that she lost her step and landed on her face, hence her bruises and cuts. But her voice spoke otherwise; it was too lonely, sad and hurt that it seemed those were inflicted by someone else not by herself or an accident.

 

Seunghyun was not done with his analysis when an old woman in her sixties entered the room and their lawyers rose from their seats. He and Tiffany stood up as well and returned back to their sitting position only after the old lady, apparently the Judge (she was wearing a robe) told them to sit down.

 

“Is marriage a joke to you kids nowadays?” She removed her eyeglasses.

 

Her first question made a statement. She was a strict woman and no one messes with her.

 

“I am asking both of you.” She directed to Tiffany and TOP.

 

Both shook their heads.

 

“Good.” She said, “I’ve read your pleas, but I’m sorry I don’t buy it. Next time don’t just get drunk and register your marriage.”

 

What?
She thinks they’re drunk when they got married?

 

But before they can rebut what she said, she took it back, “No, I don’t mean you were drunk. But marriage is not a joke and not because you are celebrities and you have money you can get away with anything. Given the benefit of the doubt that some people just framed you up or made you sign a document, you are not children anymore and not be responsible for anything that you put your signature into.”

 

She continued while the two listened intently.

 

“If they were just autographs, why did you affix your real signatures to a legal document?” She told them, “Lucky it was a just a marriage registration, what if it was a document selling all your properties?”

 

Lucky?

 

Both Tiffany and TOP wanted to scream.
They could’ve been luckier if it was just their properties they were giving away not their singlehood.

 

“Besides, come to think of it… Look at each other.” She told them. “Look.”

 

It took them some time to do what the judge asked them to do. TOP and Tiffany glanced at each other.

 

Shyly.

 

“What do you see?” The old lady smiled, “That’s a sight to behold right? Not bad. Just imagine if someone else had signed instead of one another. It could’ve been a nightmare. You just have to look at the brighter side of it… at least your married to someone who’s good looking.”

 

At the moment like this, both TOP and Tiffany is still puzzled how can the judge still crack jokes when both of them wanted to shout and cry.

 

But she has a point.

 

Yes.
Not bad.

 

He’s handsome.
She’s beautiful.

 

Both of them realized that.

 

Oh wait.
They’re not supposed to realize that, are they?

 

“I’m granting you divorce.” She told them smiling.

 

They both smiled. Finally TOP and Tiffany managed to smile after how many weeks of agony.

 

The judge went on, “See me after one and half years and I’ll tell you when.”

 

.
The divorce she’ll give them is not now but…

 

“You have to live together as husband and wife.” She told them seriously, “Because you are. The law says so.  Live under one roof just like normal husbands and wives do. I will have someone monitor you so don’t ever think of cheating on me. Think about excuses or ways to get away with it and that one and half years will become a decade… You kids understand?”

 

They didn’t move.

 

The judge stood up and prepared to leave, “Don’t make it more complicated by having a baby. Keep your hands to yourselves.”

 

She cracked a joke once again.
The lawyers laughed.
Tiffany cried.
TOP closed his eyes.

 

She was at the door when she spoke again, making the two blush red, “By the way, you two look good together.”

 

They look good together.
And they are living together.

 

Oh dear.

 

 

Choi Seunghyun’s Villa
Hannam-dong, Seoul
 

Seunghyun counted her suitcases.

 

Fifteen.

 

She brought fifteen suitcases with her. And that’s not counting the boxes of her other things yet. Boxes of various sizes together with assorted paper bags. As if she will live in his house forever.

 

Cross out the word ‘forever’ first.

 

She will live in his house.

 

Seunghyun started singing Blue again.

 

They had prior arrangements before she moved in. They set-up a joint bank account in which they would deposit fixed amount of money together which will be used to pay food and utilities. Tiffany wanted to pay extra… She said to consider it rent since she is not related to TOP at all.

 

Her lawyer reminded her she is his wife and the Republic of South Korea recognizes that.

 

Tiffany realized that she had no choice but to get used to it pretty fast; that is, get used to being Mrs. Choi Seunghyun. She even changed her passport, driver’s license and other legal documents to reflect her new name:

 

Stephanie Choi.

 

She also puts in a new name to that blank next to Person to contact in case of emergency. It used to be her manager’s name, now it reads Choi Seunghyun. And TOP had to do the same, much to his disappointment.

 

She finally settled in his house. Tiffany couldn’t deny that TOP’s villa was one of a kind. It was even featured in the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter