The Finale - I Only Know How To Love

I Woke Up Married
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The House of Taeyeon
Gangnam, Seoul
9 p.m.


“I don’t know Taeng.” Tiffany covered her face. “I don’t know exactly what I feel right now. I am a mess.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“I… I… I…” Tiffany whispered something before covering herself with her shirt.

 

“I cannot hear you.” Taeyeon suddenly become nervous. She saw Tiffany’s eyes before she had gone hiding.

 

“I think…”

 

“Don’t.” Taeyeon held her breath. “Don’t say it.”


Forget Tiffany’s eyes.
Forget her futile effort of telling her bestfriend in codes Taeyeon cannot decipher.

 

Codes?
What codes?

 

Kim Taeyeon doesn’t need any of them from Tiffany.
Because she had long been suspicious of her own bestfriend.

And Taeyeon hated her own feelings, her suspicion, and her doubts about Tiffany. She knew it was real right from the very start. I Woke Up Married changed Tiffany Hwang. She had become her character in that drama--reality-TV-show. She became that Mrs Choi Seunghyun that she reluctantly played before.

 

Tiffany never wanted that role. She finds the storyline too impossible, too dramatic and her character too poor and beaten, that lowest of the lowest of a damsel-in-distress. How can she wake up married one day, and no one believe it wasn’t her doing? Even in the storyline, her family abandoned her? C’mon.  That is way too impossible. Too unreal. Too fictional.

 

Yup it was fiction, my loves.
Everyone fell for it?
Dang, it was that good?
Woot. Damn good one hundred percent, eh?

 

And she woke up married to BIGBANG’s TOP and hated it every part of it? Tiffany herself rebelled against the idea. She isn’t a fan of TOP, never paid too much attention to him, but her mind agrees that the man is hot, no, HOT (make that all caps). But her character resisted his character. Tiffany could not comprehend that at all. If I Woke Up Married is part reality TV show, it is but justifiable, that Tiffany’s character would likely to be jumping on TOP, no matter how much he would push her away. Despite the presence of Nichkhun, he is still TOP, no matter what.

 

But all those trivial matters aside, Tiffany never wanted to play opposite BIGBANG’s TOP, (Uhm, when did anything Choi Seunghyun-related just fall in to the category trivial, hello?)

 

Tiffany thought they weren’t just going to match well, or they wouldn’t even match at all. She was too sure of it.

 

YG Entertainment and SM Entertainment were too pressured by the media and public after that much publicized fight between Lee Soo Man and Yang Hyun Suk. The two were caught up arguing at one music event and the story blew out of proportion. The media feasted on their supposedly heated argument, and it was in the news for quite sometime. It was caught by a camera, so there was ‘supposedly’ evidence of the fight. For the two parties to come clean and to prove to everyone else that it was just a normal, intelligent exchange of opposing ideas, they decided to be in one project together. Hence, I Woke Up Married is born.

 

Guess what that simple argument was?

 

A fan sign.
Heol for ‘normal, intelligent opposing ideas’.

 

A former actress wannabe wanted Lee Soo Man and Yang Hyun Suk’s sign. The two CEO were engaged in a conversation together with some famous personalities when that said lady approached them asking for a fan sign. The two childishly argued which one of them should sign first.

 

Yup, it started with someone asking for an autograph.

 

The fight and I Woke Up Married.

 

It was a drama but a bit of a reality TV show. YG Entertainment and SM Entertainment personalities star on it. Even Yang Hyun Suk and Lee Soo Man appear once in a while. Yoona was originally the actress to be casted, but she was still filming a movie when the production for I Woke Up Married began. Tiffany was the next best choice but she didn’t like it. Like what was mentioned, since she knew she was starring with TOP, she was immediately opposed to the idea.

 

“With TOP?” Her face was unreadable. “We don’t have any chemistry at all. I’m a paper, he’s an eraser.”

 

Her hairdresser laughed, “Got your point.”

 

“You know what I mean. He’s supposed to be a pencil.” Tiffany laughed too.

 

Tiff.
Funny comparison.
But oh, well.

 

“But he’s a handsome eraser, Tiffie.” The hairdresser had to remind her, “More handsome than the one made in Thailand.”

 

“Oh no.” Tiffany shook her head. “Definitely not.”

 

Tiffany also thought it will be difficult working with people from YG. And she can’t believe she had become a scapegoat because her boss was trying to save his in front of everyone while the YG boss is just chill. Oh well, a good soldier follows orders. Always.

 

She dreaded that Nichkhun has to be in it too. And he has to a play a role of bad guy; someone that he is not. But Nichkhun is excited for this project. He wanted to work with Tiffany,   so never mind that he gets to be a bad guy or even be the worst boyfriend in the world and beats Tiffany black and blue.  At least, Khunfany happens in the small screen. Shippers are happy.

 

Ah, shippers.

 

Tiffany’s friends were endlessly teasing her about this. Her friends are telling her that she is going to have them. She and TOP.

 

Those shippers.

 

“Like duh.” Tiffany rolled her eyes.

 

“Like you got all shy with each other back then.” Jessica reminded her.

 

Yes.
Jessica Jung.
They still kept in touch.

 

“When did that ever happen?” Tiffany was trying to recall.

 

“Some Gayo Daejun something.” Jess took a sip from Tiffany’s macchiato. “You couldn’t look straight into his eyes. The only guy you were shy in front of. Tee-Oh-Pee.”

 

“Ah…. I don’t remember.” Tiffany smiled.

 

She doesn’t remember.
And doesn’t want to remember.

 

 

She dreaded the first day because she never attended the script reading or even the initial meetings. There was one get-to-know-each-other dinner but she skipped that as well. Tiffany was begging off till the last minute.

 

She hated being the scapegoat.
She didn’t like anything to do with YG.
She wanted to keep it private with Nichkhun.
She didn’t want to involve her family in show business (her family is going to appear too).
She didn’t want to work with TOP. (No chemistry and she felt she will just add some bashers that are his fans).  
She was sceptical about the drama being a reality TV show at the same time. It was scripted, but the roles they play are their own selves. Tiffany as Tiffany herself waking up married to BIGBANG’s TOP, played by TOP or actor Choi Seunghyun, since this is a drama. The other supporting characters are played by those people related to them in their real lives, playing their own selves too.
She thought it was unfair that TOP had his own personal request approved.

 

But all of her apprehensions, disappointments, and frustrations vanished during the first day of filming. Just when she thought it was a start of bad working day for her, she was dead wrong.

 

“Hi.” He tried to hide his face and his smile from a bottle of strawberry milk he was holding.

 

Strawberry milk.
Tiffany’s favorite.

 

“For you.” He handed it to Tiffany, giving her a clear view of his damn handsome face and to-die-for smile. Tiffany wished the bottle remained to cover his (damn handsome) face… and his (to-die-for) smile.

 

“Hi.” Tiffany had no choice but to return that (to-die-for) smile with a smile. “Thanks.”

 

“I know it’s been years but we haven’t been formally introduced. I’m Choi Seunghyun.” The (to-die-for) smile is still on his face. “You can call me Seunghyun or Tabi... Or TOP. Whichever you prefer, I’m fine with it.”

 

“Tiffany.” Tiffany replied, “Call me Tiffany.”

 

“I’m actually excited to work with you.” He told her.

 

“Oh really?” Tiffany suddenly felt guilty. The (to-die-for) smile is apparently an honest one, she just realized.

 

He nodded while he got the bottle of strawberry milk from back from her, opened it and gave it back to her. “My girlfriend thinks she will never get jealous of anyone. I want to prove her wrong.”

 

Okay.
Lame reason.
But there should be another reason behind it.
A more sensible one.
A deeper one.

 

“What do you mean?” Tiffany’s expression changed, she was intrigued in an instant.

 

“You probably are the most beautiful woman I’ve worked with… I will work with, I mean.” Seunghyun told her, avoiding her eyes.

 

“What do you mean?” Tiffany repeated, this time sternly.

 

“I already said it.” Seunghyun was looking at his nails, then at the door, then at his nails once more.

 

“What do you mean?” Fierce Tiffany Hwang had to ask for the third time.

 

“I used to have a crush on you.” Seunghyun’s eyes were on hers when he told her. “Just a little crush.”

 

Awww.
Just a little crush.

 

Tiffany Hwang smiled.

 

That made her heart skip a little bit.
And his too.
 

 

AND…

 

She fell for him. She fell for him badly.

 

At least that is what Taeyeon thinks and feels… and is fighting.

 

She talks so much of him.
Tiff and Taeyeon time always included him.
Tiffany and him are always wired – phone calls, text messages, video calls – 24/7.  And they work almost every day, having the most intimates dialogues and skinship.
Nichkhun just gets the scraps, the losing end, the leftover of Tiffany’s time and attention.

 

Sometimes Seunghyun only calls to say her name over and over and over and Tiffany just giggles on the other end of the line, and then they’d hang up. Tiffany’s eyes would form crescents and her smile would never leave her face until she falls asleep.

 

“I saw the latest episode.” Taeyeon sounded nonchalant. She tried to fight it. Up the last minute, she was in denial, her loyalty still, and will always belong to Nichkhun, “Your acting is amazing. The kiss though, was a bit too long. The director wanted it that long, huh?”

 

Tick tock.
Tick tock.
Tick tock.

 

Taeyeon wanted an answer.
She wanted a YES from Tiffany.

 

Tiffany bolted from the bed. With her hair dishevelled, she sat down and looked at her bestfriend dead set with her expressive, beautiful eyes. “I’m in love with Seunghyun.”

 

“Stephanie Hwang.” Taeyeon removed the towel from her dripping wet hair and whipped it right across Tiffany’s face. Yes, face.

 

“Ouch!” Tiffany shouted.

 

“You!” Taeyeon’s eyes suddenly had tears. “I will say this… I will definitely say this… Oh my.”

 

Taeyeon’s panting.
She was catching her breath.
She was nervous.
She was shaking.
And she knew she had to say what she had to say.
And she had to say it that very moment.

 

“Nichkhun is proposing to you.” Taeyeon’s tears dropped as if right on queue. She stuttered but went on, “He had it all planned… He asked for our help. Your family knows this. After I Woke Up Married, he will ask you to marry him…”

 

Tiffany clutched Taeyeon’s towel. Say what? Nichkhun will what?

 

Marry?
Marry her?

 

“Taengoo.” Tiffany began crying herself. “Taeng…  I’m, I’m in love… I’m in love with TOP… with Seunghyun. I mean, please don’t ask me how it happened because it just did. It’s crazy I know.”

 

“Does he feel the same way?”

 

Tiffany nodded. “I am not sure. He has a girlfriend.”

 

“Wow.” Taeyeon smiled bitterly. “How can you keep this from me?”

 

“I’m sorry.” Tiffany hugged her bestfriend, “And help me please. Help me Taengoo. I’m not going to ruin a relationship but I’m not going to get married to Nichkhun.”

 

“Aigoo, how can your love life be the same? Reel and real?”

 

“I know right.” Tiffany smiled but tears were flowing from her eyes.

 

“But darn.” Taeyeon pinched her, “Those kiss scenes were hot.”

 

 Tiffany bit her lip.  “I kiss for him for real, Taeng. At least now, I do that. This probably is the best job that I ever got. I work with him every day, I kiss him. I hug him. And the best part of it all is, he looks at me in the eyes and tells me, he loves me. It felt so real.”

 

“It might be real, Tiffany.” Taeyeon sighed heavily and feeling more and more disappointed by the minute, “What’s your plan?”

 

“I’m actually not sure… Um, wake up really married to Seunghyun? Become Mrs Choi Seunghyun for real? I’m in love, Taengoo.” But Tiffany looked sad.

 

“I always knew you were.” Taengoo, this time initiated the hug. “TOPFANY is real. So real.”

 

 

“Hey.” TOP sat next to Tiffany who was playing with her phone.

 

“Hey, you’re early.” Tiffany smiled. “You’re supposed to shoot in the afternoon, are you?”

 

“I had breakfast with Ha Yul then I dropped her in her friend’s house but I have nothing else to do so I went directly…to…”

 

“Got it.” Tiffany had cut him.

 

Ha Yul.
The real girlfriend.

 

Seunghyun’s requested her not to be on the show; the only thing he ever wanted. The producers can even set his own fee, but just exclude Ha Yul being on I Woke Up Married. Needless to say, he wants her out of the limelight or all this bull.

 

“Our show’s almost done-“ TOP and Tiffany both said at the same time, awkwardly.

 

Darn.
Awkwardly.

 

After all those intimate scenes, the hugs, the kisses, the love scenes, the conversations and dialogues, they end up being awkward when just being alone together. They couldn’t even look at each other. No more eye contact. No more joking around. Tiffany is tensed; TOP is more tensed.

 

Oh.
Dear.

 

Tiffany calls him TOP again. Just when she was so comfortable in calling him Seunghyun. For a time, she called him babe.

 

A few minutes had passed and no one spoke. There were few people who passed and greeted them and that eased the tension a little bit. Neither TOP nor Tiffany moved from where they’re sitting. They remained motionless, seemingly waiting which one of them will make the first move. Side glances were precious and numbered.

 

Soon, Grandpa and Grandma Lee had begun shooting a scene, so the awkward Mr. and Mrs Choi Seunghyun were left on the spot where they can do anything and no one actually will give a damn. But still, they chose to do nothing. Pure silence. Tiffany continued to play with her phone while TOP was alternately biting his lip and glancing on his phone.

 

Until…

 

“Miyoung.” He called on to her.

 

Just that ‘Miyoung’ and the continuous deafening silence and killing awkwardness went on.

 

She stopped playing but didn’t look at him. “Yes?”

 

Soft yes.
And antagonizing wait came from Tiffany Hwang.

 

He took her hand and locked his fingers with hers. Finally. He finally looked straight into her eyes and asked her to go with him. She nodded without taking her eyes off his.

 

Not wasting a second, they were off to a drive to somewhere they both don’t know where exactly. Seunghyun was driving with one hand. His other hand was holding Tiffany’s hand – tightly, protectively and lovingly. This time, no cameras rolling.

 

They weren’t talking. They didn’t look at each other again. After about thirty minutes or so, their mobile phones began ringing alternately. Tiffany turned her phone off while Seunghyun gave his phone to Tiffany to do just the same.

 

Sorry, not sorry.
It’s the ultimate romantic road trip.
The elusive getaway.

 

No one should get in the way.
No one.

 

Tiffany kept her eyes on the window. Her mind’s afloat but her heart is jumping with joy. She was happy. She wanted this. She dreamt of this. And needless to say, she’d trade anything for this moment. Choi Seunghyun beside her – not just in television, but in real life. She wanted him so badly.

 

Tiffany needed him.
In her life.
For real.

 

 

Somewhere out there
4.30 p.m.

 

Suddenly, TOP pulled up to the side and opened his car door. He then opened Tiffany’s door, took her hand and led her out of the car. Tiffany can see a small Victorian house just a few minutes’ walk from the road. It was that type of house where they shoot cute Red Velvet MVs, sort of like that. No more questions to be asked, obviously, they are going there. Tiffany’s heart began smiling before her lips can.

 

Seunghyun apparently knew where to go. Whether it’s a good thing or not, Tiffany didn’t care anymore. All that matters to her is that he was with her. That alone suffices for Ms. Tiffany Hwang. She had braced herself. Her mind’s rebelling against the idea, but her heart’s fighting it. Her grip on Seunghyun’s hand became tighter as they came closer to the house. Tiffany might have many things on her mind right now, but she is so sure of two things: she no longer felt anything for Nichkhun and she loves Seunghyun.

 

She knew she is in love with Choi Seunghyun.

 

The moment Seunghyun opened the door of the house, Tiffany held her breath. She knew she had to. Next thing she knew, confetti was all over her head and her face. People close to her heart – her family, closest of the closest friends were all there.

 

Tiffany cried in an instant.
She cried hardest when she saw Nichkhun kneeling with a ring on his hand, smiling ear to ear.

 

This was a set-up.
The set-up Taeyeon mentioned; Nichkhun’s proposal. Seunghyun was even part of it.

 

OUCH.

 

Darn.
Bracing herself was all worth it.
She would’ve known, she would’ve worn a seatbelt.

 

Tiffany searched for Seunghyun. She lost him when the ‘surprise’ surprised her. She wanted to see his reaction. Is he as happy as everyone else? Is he fine about her getting engaged? When she found him, she tried to stare at his eyes, but he avoided her.

 

He’s good at it. Avoiding her eyes when he’s trying to hide his feelings.

 

‘Please take me away, Seunghyun’ Tiffany’s eyes pleaded. ‘Take me away’.

 

But Choi Seunghyun didn’t look at her.
He looked away.

 

Everybody was now cheering for her to say YES. Cheers and claps were too loud, Tiffany was becoming pressured to give an answer. She can hear her heart. Not that it was pounding out of happiness, it was breaking out of disappointment.

 

How can a girl be heartbroken in front of her proposing boyfriend?

 

Oh dear.

 

Tiffany knelt in front of Nichkhun, hugged him and whispered something to him.  The cheers, shouts and claps were louder this time. She gave him a sweet peck on the lips and got the ring. He never got to put the ring on her finger but Tiffany just got the ring. But Nichkhun smiled brightly afterwards and everyone cheered on still.

 

“Sorry, I have to go.” Tiffany bowed down and told everyone. With apologetic face and gestures, she had to excuse herself, and her handsome co-star, “I need to leave with TOP.”

 

There was some truth to that.
That she needs to leave with TOP.
Tiffany never lied.

 

 

The ride back to the filming site was too quiet, too lonely and too heart-breaking.

 

Seunghyun, still drove with one hand. The other hand held Tiffany’s. This time, he kissed her hand too many times too. A lot of unspoken words, feelings and heartache.

 

Choi Seunghyun pulled up to the side once more.  His breathing labored as he stepped on the brakes and turned the car engine off. Seunghyun stared intensely at Tiffany right after the car had made its full stop. Tiffany then shifted her gaze to Seunghyun as he removed her seatbelt quickly after he removed his.
 

But this time no more little Victorian house in sight.
No more waiting fiancé-to-be to propose.
No more waiting friends helping for a proposal surprise.
No more engagement ring to be given.

 

But most importantly…
 

No more hidden feelings.
No more warm hugs and fervent kisses unshared.
No more ‘I love you’s’ left unspoken.

 

No cameras this time around.

 

 

TaeTiSeo Press Conference
Bangkok, Thailand
2 p.m.

 

“It’s not Nichkhun?”

 

Tiffany shook her head smiling. The translator slash host had to ask her the same question three times. And she answered the same thing.

 

“I am not dating Nichkhun.” She replied, in Thai this time.

 

She spoke the language having dated Nichkhun in the past. She learnt, writing and reading the language to be able to communicate with Khun’s family and friends in Thailand back in the day. Now she finds it helpful that she is proficient especially she had explain to the Thai press and fans issue she had long need to clarify.

 

“Yes it is true I woke up married.” Tiffany spoke in perfect Thai. “The story about me waking up married is all true except Nichkhun is not the man I woke up married to.”

 

Either Thai fans and press gasped or they remained silent while their minds gasped.

 

“Khun Tasanee, let’s say you wake up married to a Korean artist one morning, who would you want it to be?” Tiffany smiled and asked the host. This lightened the atmosphere on a tense Taetiseo Thai Press Conference.

 

“I’m shy.” The host admitted. “TOP.”

 

Tiffany smiled, “Sorry, you have to choose another person apart from my husband.”

 

The wife said it first.
Oh dear.

 

 

The press conference wrapped up and Tiffany, Taeyeon and Seohyun proceeded to backstage. Tired as she was, Tiffany was all smiles in front of everyone.

 

“I did it.” She sighed. “I did it. Finally.”

 

But her eyes were different.
Her eyes were saying otherwise.

 

“Cut!” The director yelled. “That’s a wrap!”

 

Everyone cheered and applauded.

 

Seunghyun didn’t move. He did not smile. His eyes b with sadness just stayed glued to pair of eyes about to cry.

 

Tiffany’s.

 

This is goodbye. They both knew it was. No more reason for them to see each other or contact each other.

 

The final episode.
I Woke Up Married’s finale in Thailand.

 

Nichkhun was nowhere in sight after the finale of the drama. He kept quiet after the drama ended when everyone he knew expected he’d be all out declaring his relationship with Tiffany. Kim Ha Yul, meanwhile, was particularly wanting to get hitched, is posting too many leading pictures in her SNS, hinting about her relationship with Seunghyun.

 

Seunghyun, not minding everyone was looking at him and at Tiffany, slowly approached her and gave her a hug. “Take care, Tiffany.”

 

“You too.” She’s got tears on her eyes now, clinging on to Seunghyun.

 

“Wake up married to me in our next life, Tiffany Hwang.” He bumped his forehead to hers and smiled.

 

“Choi. The last name is Choi.” She smiled as tears finally fell.

 

“Yah. Don’t cry.” Seunghyun wiped her tears, “Don’t cry. Don’t make me take you away. Let’s not make our lives a living drama, alright?”

 

Tiffany nodded as she pulled Seunghyun to her, “Can I just be Kim Ha Yul-ssi?”

 

Seunghyun laughed. “Then I wouldn’t have a little crush on you anymore.”

 

“Take care, Seunghyun. I will miss you.”

 

 

Chanel
Gangnam, Seoul
4.30 p.m.

 

“Pink or red?” Ha Yul was selecting between two dresses.

 

Seunghyun was staring at the dresses but didn’t speak.

 

“Honey… Pink or red?” Ha Yul sounded impatient too soon. Even the ladies in the shop who were fangirling over Seunghyun were surprised.

 

Still, no words from Seunghyun.

 

“I’ll get both.” Ha Yul told the sales clerk.

 

“Tabi, honey, what’s wrong. Is something up?” She touched his forehead, “Are you sick?”

 

“Sorry. What were you saying?” Seunghyun suddenly paid his attention to Ha Yul. “I was just thinking about something.”

 

“What?” Ha Yul asked, “You can tell me. You seemed to be bothered these past few days.”

 

“Let’s go on vacation. Just the two of us.” Seunghyun smiled, “Let’s go on a honeymoon Ha Yul-ssi.”

 

“That’s so… so…” Ha Yul blushed. “When?”

 

 “Tomorrow.” Seunghyun held her hand, “Anywhere you want to go.”

 

“I love you, honey.” Ha Yul kissed him, in front of everyone.

 

“I promised to love you more, Ha Yul. I promise to you love more.” Seunghyun was telling himself. Convincing himself.

 

Random.
Surprising.
Romantic.
 

Kim Ha Yul’s loving it.
She’s loving it even more than her man.

 

Random – Choi Seunghyun.
Excited – Kim Ha Yul.
Romantic - none of them.

 

 

 

“I can feel it.” Ha Yul called her bestfriend. “It’s Will-you-be-my-wife-Ha-Yul?-time.”

 

 

 

COEX Sky Lounge
Seoul
11.30 p.m.

 

“I think it’s time.” Seunghyun emptied his beer bottle. His fifth.

 

“To go home?” Jiyong was pissed. Three beers down for the dragon and his hyung wants to call it a night. “Too early, Hyung.”

 

“No, I mean. It’s time for me to pop the question.” Seunghyun stared at the bottle across him intently. “It’s about time I wake up married for real.”

 

 

Seunghyun dialled her number. After a few rings, he ended it and didn’t wait anymore for her to answer. This has been the case always. He’d call and wouldn’t wait for her to answer. He would sigh and wonder what if she answered, what would he tell her? Then he would stare blankly at his phone and contemplate if he would give it another try.

 

On some days, he would dial and call again, and on some days, he would just stare at his phone blankly. On those times he decided to call back, he’d still hang up before hearing her voice.

 

Just the same, Seunghyun will regret not hearing her voice. He would still love to hear that bubbly ‘hello’ on the other end of the line. He terribly misses that. But he had no reason now.

 

 

While Tiffany had to control herself everytime that unregistered number calls her. This has always been the case. But she does not answer. Then she would sigh and wonder what if she answered, what would she tell him? Then she would stare blankly at her phone and wonder if she would give it another try.

 

On some days, she would, and on some days, she wouldn’t. On those times that Tiffany answers her phone, he hangs up even before she can speak.  

 

Hello?

 

 

Seunghyun did it.

 

He freaking-ly did it.

 

Saaaaaay what?

 

 

Tiffany Hwang’s Home
Gangnam, Seoul
8.30 p.m.

 

“I ran out of sugar… may I…” He scratched his head, a cross between feeling shy and flirting in the process.

 

“When did you move in?” If Tiffany’s lips can hide its smile, her eyes cannot.

 

“When will you move in?” Choi Seunghyun went for the kill.

 

Damn that invitation.
That question killed it.

 

“Seunghyun.” Tiffany suddenly became alarmed. The excitement of seeing him living next to her was nerve wracking. It sent her to the moon and back in a blink of an eye, but asking her to move in with him, was well, out of the Milky Way.

 

It seemed like they were back in the drama, but was really not.

 

“This is wrong.” Tiffany just had to say it. Conscience, guilt, good upbringing came knocking the next second.

 

But her answer killed it too.

 

Seunghyun nodded. “Yes it is wrong. Sorry.”

 

Choi Seunghyun moved back to Hannam-dong the very next day.
He never called her back again.

 

Ever.

 


And as he admitted to his closest of his closest friends, it’s the first time he ever asked  a girl to move in with him.

 

And the first time he cried over a girl.

 

 

And Tiffany asks for a break from SM Entertainment.

 

She said she will go home to America to rest and to see her family after that long and tiring TV series.

 

Pfft.
Define heartbroken.

 

She got a YES. That was her reward. I Woke Up Married was too successful, SM & YG is planning to do another one. Other entertainment agencies have been wanting to do their tie-ups as well.

 

Only Taeyeon knew the truth.
And Nichkhun will eventually find out later on.
Mrs. Tiffany Choi never got over her onscreen Mr. Mr.

 

Tiffany heard from her friends from YG (Yup, she has friends from there too) that Seunghyun already bought a ring for Ha Yul. That was her sign and she packed her bags. She is not regretting her decision of saying no to his offer of moving in together – that wasn’t a ring. That was an offer of sin, a temptation, an illusion of love.  They’re both in a relationship, that was just plain wrong.

 

They’re relationship started and will end in reel; that much she knew, that much she felt.

 

Tiffany packed her bags, said goodbye to Nichkhun and her love, her Mr. Mr. Choi Seunghyun.

 

 

When Nichkhun proposed and Tiffany knelt down and got the ring, she hugged him and whispered something to him. Nichkhun already knew what she was going to tell him. He knew from the very start. But he was persistent and the proposal in front of everyone was his last straw. He thought she might just give in for the very last time. That maybe in front of her family and friends, she might just say YES. She might have felt pity towards him.

 

But Tiffany said NO.
Tiffany still said ‘I’m Sorry’.
Things she already told him over and over and over.

 

People there present never knew it wasn’t the first time Nichkhun proposed. They didn’t know they broke up for the longest time. But Nichkhun still loves her a lot, so he still gave it a go. And truth to be told, he knew of Tiffany’s plans to go to America after I Woke Up Married. He still intends to follow her there, only she told him this too:

 

“I’m in love with Seunghyun, Nichkhun.”

 

 

Choi Seunghyun is everywhere.

 

Tiffany closed her eyes and rubbed her temples.

 

She was strolling downtown Los Angeles and all she can think of is that man, Choi Seunghyun.

 

She saw guys wearing pink.
Dogs (she immediately thought their owners named them Charlie).
Pineapple. (the hair).
Furniture everywhere. Chairs, tables.
Art.
Paintings.
People taking pictures.

 

E v e r y t h i n g.
Everything to her is Choi Seunghyun.

 

Useless things – still she thinks about Seunghyun.

 

That useless man, Choi Seunghyun.

 

“Arrgghhh.” Tiffany slammed her coffee cup. “I hate this feeling.”

 

She was alone and some people in the coffee shop looked at her.

 

“Sorry.” She shyly looked down.

 

Sorry?

‘I’m so sorry but I love you…’ A song played in her mind.

 

Tiffany closed her eyes.
She doesn’t want to fight it anymore.

 

Not fighting love.

 

Love?
Still it’s Choi Seunghyun.

 

 

Kim Ha Yul was uncontrollable. She throws whatever thing her hand can get hold of.

 

Unstoppable.
Mad.
Crazy.
Furious.

 

She and her friends are too old for that kind of games and dare but, they tried it anyway. It was nice to find out if what they show in dramas do happen in real life. So, lo and behold, sometimes they do.

 

Ha Yul and her friends tried ‘I Woke Up Married’ plot to her and Seunghyun only to find out Seunghyun is already married all this time. Ha Yul just had to learn about it the painful way. She tried calling her boyfriend, but she couldn’t get through his phone. Seunghyun is in Italy attending an art exhibit.

 

She tried calling his ‘wife’. She can’t get through her phone either, maybe she was still asleep, taking her time enjoying her break in America.

 

Ho ho ho.

 

Whaaaaat?

 

 

Ha Yul cried, shouted, cursed, and begged over the phone.
Yang Hyun Suk laughed, joked, sounded a bit nervous on the other hand.  
His parents sounded a bit concerned just because of Ha Yul.
BIGBANG just wanted to drink when he comes back.

 

All those mixed emotions poured over the phone conversations  -  Choi Seunghyun listened to it very intently. He listened to it word for word. He even took note of their breathing, their pauses.

 

Just like in the drama, everyone had participation. Everyone portrayed their roles perfectly. Just as he expected, everyone mentioned divorce.

 

But no, not Seunghyun.
Not this time around.

 

 

Funny how it was filed for real.

 

At least that’s what Kim Ha Yul told Seunghyun in between her sobs. His and Tiffany’s marriage certificate, which they both signed (it was shown numerous times in the drama) was indeed filed in Gangnam City Hall. They can just contest it just for filming this time around. But so funny that just like in the storyline, it was placed in a stack of marriage certificates for legal filing.

 

Ha Yul was registering hers and Seunghyun’s but cannot do so anymore because he is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter