Chapter One

Only Love

 

 

Chansung closed his eyes, passing his hands over his face to relax. A pile of documents spread over the desk and he sighed pressing the red button on the phone to call his secretary.

“When is my next appointment?”

Beep

A mature voice from a woman answered “In twenty minutes, you have to meet Mr. Jones who is here to see if sign the contract with our company will give him better profits than signing with Royal’s Company.

“Remember me again five minutes before the meeting.”

Chansung took the documents, reading them and signing the ones who he approved.

 

 

“Thank you for your preference.” Hyukjae bowed giving the change to the customer, a lady with cosmetics on the bags from the grocery store.

“Good afternoon” Hyukjae smiled to the next customer who waited for the cashier –Hyukjae— to told him how much he needed to pay.

The LCD set on the center of the market announcing the news.

Mr. Jones, one of the most important investor in business traveled today to Korea, while Royal’s Company and JYP’s will fight a cold war to gain the sign from this man, the one who get it will be the top in Korea’s business.

“Two thousand won; please.”

“Thank you for your preference.”

Hyukjae smiled, the chief in charge called him. Hyukjae tilted his head when the office door was closed.

“I can double your check.”

Hyukjae smiled, finally he was going to be promoted “Thank you!”

“Undress then.”

“Eh?”

Hyukjae blinked, the man tried to kiss him as Hyukjae kissed his shinbone, running.

“You’re fired ing .”

Hyukjae hiccupped, holding his tears, he glared the wide letters from the super market and wiped his tears away.

“.”

Hyukjae was kicking a stone sighing, he came to the capital to gain money, he promise his mother to be a successful man and sending her the bill to her medicine, even so, he barely could gain money and almost everything was send to her ill mother.

Hyukjae’s apartment was on the lowest cheap place, dirty walls, broken glasses, corrosive metal doors as he opened the door and entered, boiling some water to eat ramen.

 

 

“And the amount of the last three years exceed the 100 billion, just talking about our national chain of resorts, now, if we talk about the other business;  not including the one outside Korea, you can have fourteen percent of the whole amount, that’s only if you give your whole acceptance and rights to work with us.”

Chansung explained signaling the slide graphics.

“You can sign with Royal’s Company, but your benefits will be not the same amount or prestige than with us.”

Mr. Jones stood, saying he needed to think about it after hearing Royal’s company presentation.

“Take your time, you know where we are.”

 

 

“I was nervous…” Chansung breathed out watching the driver mirror, starting the engine. “I don’t want to spoil my father’s business.”

The smart computer on the car broke and Chansung cursed when he found himself on a dangerous neighborhood. He sighed hopping off his car, swallowing a non-existent lump from his throat.

His eyes traveling from the boy who glared him and smirk, to the woman who was trying to hook that man in a suit. Chansung eyed the stairs to those small almost at the point to casted down, there was not even a store and he smiled nervously to the man who just passed.

“Are you lost young man?”

Chansung blinked smiling and bowing to the old man “Yeah…”

“If you help me carrying these bags upstairs, I will tell you how to return home.”

Chansung watched the bags and nodded, taking them. After some minutes he was panting because the stairs were longer than he thought and the old man wasn’t stopping until they reach almost the most higher place.

“We’re here.”

Chansung smiled leaning on the wall, sweating and the old man grinned “I will treat you a bear.”

Chansung wanted to say no, but he nodded, his lips were dry.

It was on the news, the recorded program of the news about Mr. Jones and Chansung didn’t bother to watch them again as he set the bags on the old table and seated when the old man said him to.

“Life is hard, but I guess for you is okay, I can see.”

Chansung nodded slowly. He his lips when the can of beer was before him.

“Drink it all, is cheap and not high class like you seem to enjoy, but is fresh.”

“Thank you.”

“Granpa! I need to talk with… you?”

Hyukjae stopped on the door as his eyes were from the landlord of this place to the unknown classy man.

“Sorry, I can come later!”

Hyukjae bowed but the old man stopped him.

“He is lost Hyukjae, can you help him find his way, just send him to the outside of the neighbor and I will overlook your lack of payment.”

Hyukjae chuckled rubbing his neck and pouting. Chansung watched this man; he was slim, with small waist, and sharp jawline. Chansung nervously his lips again and opened the beer, swallowing more than half of the cold liquid, feeling nervous for some reason.

“I-I can go by myself, no need to bother someone, grandpa.”

“Nonsense. Hyukjae is kind, clumsy and sometimes a little stupid, but he will help you.”

Hyukjae pouted “I’m not stupid!!”

“Yeah, that’s why you always get jobs when people had double intentions with you.”

Hyukjae face went gloomy as he sighed and rolled his eyes “Well, maybe just a little.”

Chansung chuckled and Hyukjae blushed blinking, playing with his finger.

“Let’s go then.”

 Chansung bowed thanking to the old man who just waved his hand. Hyukjae said he will be no late as he walked downstairs.

“He is always so helpful and kind?”

Chansung asked and Hyukjae shook his head “No. He is just like that when he thinks that person is nice, so you must be a very good person.”

When they were in front of the luxurious car; Hyukjae passed it, shaking his head “This person is crazy, someone could have stolen it!”

The car beeped and Hyukjae opened his mouth surprised when Chansung smiled awkwardly “It’s mine.”

Hyukjae blushed bowing “I’m so sorry!!!”

“It’s okay, maybe you’re right, so, where I need to go?”

“Go straight, then turn to left, left again and then right, after a small park, turn again left, go straight and right after making a u-turn and then right again.”

Chansung nodded “So, first was left and then…?”

Hyukjae chuckled hopping on the car “I will send you there, c’mon!”

Chansung grinned, hopping on the car starting the engine “I will treat you a dinner after exiting this place.”

“No need.”