Chapter 6

Turning Point

“Good afternoon,” the workers greeted the old lady chirpily as well as a guy following behind her.

“Can I know where’s Krystal?” She asked with an amiable smile after she sat herself down at a table. The guy stood beside the old lady, his face was serious.

“Sulli, can you check if Krystal is still at the back?”

“okay Luna-unnie.” The girl named Sulli whispered back and quickly ran to the back of the café to call Krystal. They thought that it was some serious business issue since the old lady even brought someone like a bodyguard along. On top of that, the old lady looked wealthy.

“Soojungie, someone is looking for you.” Sulli said carefully. Krystal stood back up and turned around to look at Sulli with an incomprehensible look. “They don’t look friendly. I mean, the guy doesn’t look friendly.”

“Guy?” Krystal furrowed her brows as she tried to recall who were the guys she had met before, but sadly, there was hardly anyone other than her brother. Is it Amber? She thought but then she realised that the girl was in Bali with Suzy and her co-workers had recognised Amber already so they wouldn’t think that she was a guy.

“Just go, okay? If you need anything, shout for us.” Sulli urged and gave Krystal a weak smile as she was scared as well. The guy really looked intimidating.

Krystal brought her trembling legs forward and her heart was put at ease when she saw a familiar backview. “Mrs Liu.” She called out as she approached her.

Mrs Liu turned her head back and beamed a smile at Krystal, then she stood up when Krystal was about a few steps away from her and pulled her into a careful hug. “Aigoo, you have lost some weight.” She held her hands on each side of Krystal’s arms and looked at Krystal with much adoration.

“erm… is there something wrong?” Krystal asked carefully as she noticed the serious looking guy.

Mrs Liu followed Krystal’s gaze and then chuckled, “Taecyeon, you don’t have to look so serious. You’re scaring her.”

The guy named Taecyeon immediately bowed to Mrs Liu and gave a nervous smile at Krystal, he must be not used to smiling often. “Anyway, there is nothing wrong. I just came to visit you.” Mrs Liu added.

Krystal nodded and asked, “Do you want to have anything?”

Mrs Liu looked at the menu and said, “How about one cup of latte and one cup of milk with cheese cake. Taecyeon, do you want anything?”

Taecyeon shook his head and remained firm on the ground. Mrs Liu could only shook her head at her bodyguard’s stiffness and awkwardness. “Ok. Be right back.” Krystal smiled.

“Taecyeon, I want you to call the manager out for a moment.” Mrs Liu ordered him. Taecyeon bowed and went to the counter to request for meeting the manager. Luna called Yuri and Yuri immediately came out from her office as she thought perhaps the customers were unhappy about their service.

“Mrs Liu?” Yuri called out as she approached the old lady carefully. Mrs Liu responded and gave a smile at Yuri. “Nice to see you. How can I help you?”

“Yuri-ssi, as you know. Krystal has Liu’s baby and I want her to quit working. You know it is quite tiring for a girl at her age to work and study at the same time and on top of that, she is pregnant. So… can I request for it?” Mrs Liu asked, sounding confident that yuri would agree to it.

And of course, Jessica had already spoken to Yuri before and they planned for her to work this end of this week. But since Mrs Liu had already requested it, they would be more than happy to ask Krystal to stop working now. “Sure!”

“Great. And one more thing, I need you to tell Jessica-ssi that I will be asking Krystal to move in with us. Is that alright for you guys?” Mrs Liu asked.

“I don’t think it is a problem. I think we will be more at ease if there is someone who can take care of her when we aren’t around.” Yuri smiled.

Mrs Liu nodded with a huge smile plastered on her face and thanked Yuri repeatedly. Then Krystal came back with a tray of order and placed them on the table carefully. “Yuri-unnie, why are you here?” she asked when she noticed that her manager was sitting with Mrs Liu.

“Oh, erm, I will leave it for Mrs Liu to tell you.” Yuri said and pushed her chair as she stood up. She patted Krystal on the cheek before she left to her office again. Krystal stood there, confused as she didn’t know what Yuri meant.

“Have a sit, Krystal.” Mrs Liu said and pointed to the seat then Taecyeon helped to pull the chair for Krystal. Krystal complied as she didn’t want to be disrespectful. She knew that she needed to work but she couldn’t reject Mrs Liu as well. “anyway, don’t worry. I have already talked to Yuri about it.”

“About what?” Krystal asked, head tilted to the right as she didn’t know what’s going on.

Mrs Liu chuckled and said, “You are quitting your job and moving in with us.”

Krystal’s eyes went round and then she let the information slowly sink into her brain. “Oh…”

“I am sorry that I didn’t ask for your opinion first, but it is really for your own good.” Mrs Liu stated softly.

“But, Amber…” Krystal mumbled the girl’s name

“Don’t worry about her. She will have to take care of you anyway.” Mrs Liu assured and continued, “For now, just eat. My little great-granddaughter has to eat too.” She smiled.

Krystal smiled at the thought of her own baby and rubbed her belly before she nodded. “Thank you.”

 

 

 

It had been the third day since Krystal moved into the Liu’s mansion. She was still trying to get used to the living style and her surroundings. It was a bit scary when you were alone in a huge room. And not to forget that, she was sleeping in Amber’s room, since that’s what Mrs Liu had planned.

“Are you going to school now?” Mrs Liu asked when she saw Krystal being up so early. Krystal nodded and fixed her shirt, her belly was showing already and she couldn’t wear tight-fitted clothes.

“Nichkhun, send Krystal to school and drive carefully.” Mrs Liu ordered her chauffeur and Nichkhun nodded with a slight bow.

“It’s fine, Mrs Liu. I can go to school on my own.” Krystal said quickly as she didn’t want to trouble Nichkhun in the morning.

“I will get worried if you take public transport at peak hour, people push around. Krystal, bear a thought for this little baby here.” Mrs Liu pointed to Krystal’s belly and smiled at Krystal warmly.

Krystal debated within herself and then finally relented as she didn’t want anything to happen to her baby. “Thank you.” She said to Nichkhun and Nichkhun bowed without smiling. Why is everyone so scary here? She thought.

 

 

Krystal arrived in front of the school gate and Nichkhun went down to open the door for her which Krystal found it unnecessary. “Thank you.” She thanked Nichkhun as she stepped out of the car. It was a Mercedes and it caught many people’s attention.

“Wow…” They awed when they saw such a luxurious car in front of their school and as well as a handsome chauffeur. “Isn’t that Krystal Jung?” Some murmured which made Krystal felt extremely uncomfortable.

Nichkhun escorted Krystal into the school until she reached her classroom even though Krystal kept telling him that there’s no need for that on the way. But Nichkhun’s face was cold as stone and he didn’t respond to her. It seemed like it was Mrs Liu’s order as well.

People had to make way for Krystal and hence, all the attentions were on her as she received such special treatment. They wondered what happened to her. Did her parents win lottery?

After Nichkhun left, Jiyeon, Krystal’s ex roommate quickly went up to Krystal and asked for more information as she could possibly gossip about it later on.

“Who’s that? And why did you leave so suddenly?” She asked as soon as Krystal had taken her lecture materials out to place on the table.

“Erm… a chauffeur and… because I have to.” She replied vaguely and Jiyeon rolled her eyes at the reply.

“C’mon Krystal. You know that we all know that you are not from a wealthy family. So why the sudden change?” Jiyeon asked.

“I supposed she doesn’t want to entertain you, Jiyeon-ssi. So why don’t you leave her alone and let her be?” A deep voice asked out of nowhere and made Krystal and Jiyeon turn around.

“Go away Jonghyun.” Jiyeon waved him off in annoyance and said, “We’re just having some small talk. Go and mind your own business.”

“I don’t think she wants to talk to you though.” Jonghyun said and pointed to Krystal politely. Krystal kept quiet and was wondering who was that guy since she had never seen him before.

“Fine.” Jiyeon said and stood up reluctantly. Then, Jonghyun sat down beside Krystal and took out his lecture notes as well.

“Erm… thanks.” Krystal mumbled softly and Jonghyun stopped what he was doing to look at Krystal. Krystal fidgeted when Jonghyun kept looking at her.

“My name is Jonghyun, Kim Jonghyun. Nice to meet you, Krystal Jung.” Jonghyun said finally and reached out for a hand shake.

Krystal took it awkwardly and smiled at Jonghyun, “Nice to meet you too Jonghyun-ssi.”

“Yes Krystal Jung.” Jonghyun replied and looked back to the front when the lecturer walked in.

Krystal was wondering why did Jonghyun call her by her full name when he could just call her Krystal. Then someone pushed a small note to her and it was from Jonghyun.

Let’s have lunch together later, Krystal Jung. (:

Krystal smiled and looked at Jonghyun. She felt her heart skip a beat because Jonghyun looked like someone… and the someone is none other than Amber Liu.

 

 

 

Amber had finally returned from Bali and she just threw everything on the floor for the domestic helpers to sort out. Then, she collapsed onto her bed and closed her eyes. Why do my room feel different?

She jumped up when she heard the toilet being flushed. She anticipated whoever that was inside the bathroom and then her jaw dropped when it was Krystal Jung. “Why are you here?” She asked, with a look of annoyance.

“erm… I...” Krystal fumbled with the hem of her shirt as she didn’t know how to reply Amber. Should she say that she would be living with her and sleeping with her?

“Never mind. I will ask granny.” Amber stood up angrily and slammed the door behind her as she left. Krystal jumped up and felt scared that Amber was treating her so badly again. Would they even get along if they were sleeping in one room?

Krystal listened as she heard Amber shout, “WHAT? I AM NOT LIVING WITH HER!”

Her heart dropped.

“SO WHAT IF THE BABY’S MINE? WHATEVER.”

“…”

“GRANDMA! YOU KNOW THAT SUZY AND I ARE TOGETHER!”

“…”

Krystal couldn’t hear Mrs Liu’s replies and all she could hear was Amber’s shouting. “Do you really hate me that much?” she mumbled to herself and sat down carefully on Amber’s bed.

She jumped up and sat stiffly on the bed when the door flung open, revealing a furious looking Amber. She tensed up when Amber started approaching her and plopped herself on the bed beside Krystal.

“Don’t be too happy yet. I am not going to live with you forever. Don’t even think about sleeping with me on the same bed. My heart belongs to Suzy Bae. Do you hear me, Krystal Jung Soo Jung?” Amber asked coldly without looking at Krystal as she had her eyes shut.

Krystal took a peek at Amber and nodded sadly, then she realised Amber couldn’t see her so she muttered a soft yes with her cracking voice. Amber opened her eyes for a moment when she caught the cracked voice but then she shut them again as she reminded herself not to care so much about Krystal.

“I will sleep on the couch and you take the bed. Since you’re pregnant.” Amber said and took her pillow.

“I can sleep on the couch and you can sleep on your bed.” Krystal whispered timidly, not looking at Amber.

Amber stopped in her track and turned her head to the side a little, then replied, “Don’t pretend to be nice in front of me. It irks me. I will never fall for you no matter how hard you try.”

Then she slumped herself into the couch and shifted around until she got into a more comfortable position. Krystal just watched the girl blankly as she didn’t know what she had done wrong. Was being nice a sin? She felt her heart fall to the bottom when Amber treated her so bad. She thought Amber was nice to her when they were in the hospital but perhaps, Amber was just acting everything out of guilt.

The sad girl then climbed onto the bed and pulled the blanket up to her head, forcing herself to sleep the sadness away.

 

 

 

The disgusting puking sound woke Amber up and Amber threw the pillow to the other side of the room. “WHAT THE HECK!” She shouted and got up when the noise got even more frequent.

She stormed to the bathroom and opened the door roughly. Then, she realised it was Krystal. She had a very bad morning sickness and she could hardly stand up. Amber walked to the girl carefully and poked her by the back. “Yah, are you okay?” she asked, irritably but with some concern as well.

Krystal turned her head around weakly and smiled at Amber with half-lop smile. “I’m o-“ Then she lurched forward and puked out everything again. Amber’s face scrunched up at the sound and quickly went out of the bathroom as she couldn’t take the smell and the noise.

Don’t get her wrong. She was not a bad person after all. “Rebecca, can you make a cup of hot tea and send it to Krystal later? And, take her morning sickness pill to her.” Amber said to the domestic helper who was cleaning the kitchen. Rebecca nodded with a shy smile and carried on with her work.

Amber used the other bathroom to freshen up herself and to get ready for work. She pulled out a piece of paper from the table and quickly scribbled on it before she left for work.

“Ms Jung, your tea and your pill.” Rebecca served Krystal when Krystal finally came out from the bathroom. Krystal looked at Rebecca weakly and thanked her. “My pleasure. But it’s Ms Liu’s order.”

Krystal watched as Rebecca take her leave and she pondered on her words. Did Amber really ask her to send the tea and the pill? Then she noticed a folded paper under the tea cup when she lifted it up.

Don’t go to school today if you are not feeling well. Rest well. –AL

Krystal smiled and at the same time, felt a little frustrated as Amber was so extreme. She could just treat her so badly one day then turn so sweet the next day. She really couldn’t get the tomboy.

 

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTjtr_jIlOvs7Xw0IhDqwoOR images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTgw9aiB6mqlYDbGOsBzG1

;) 

 

of course is KRYBER!!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcROf1J50AxAKsVkBxFdpa0