Chapter 34

Turning Point

"I am sorry Soojung-ah... So sorry... but please wait for me... please..." 

Lay overheard Amber talking to herself in the office when he turned back, wanted to ask Amber if he needed to photocopy the contract. He stayed behind the door, listening to Amber sobbing and he bit his lip. "Silly girl... I knew you're not that heartless." Lay chased the workers away from Amber's office, who wanted to inquire Amber about some stuffs. 

knock knock

Amber flustered when she heard the rap on the door, she composed herself and coughed, "come in." She was surprised when she saw Lay, returning so fast. "What's the matter?" She asked in a cold tone. Lay squinted his eyes and walked toward Amber's table, he hit the table with the end of the file as he looked at Amber without uttering a word. Amber was slightly annoyed by it and she questioned, "What do you want? Can't you see that I am busy here? Do you still want this job?" 

"Of course I want this job. But I want the old Amber back too." Lay said, he invited himself to sit on the chair in front of Amber's table, hands clasped together behind his head. "Anyway, you at acting." 

Amber's gaze froze and she pretended to be busy by looking through the documents and toying with the pen in her hand. "I am busy. Get out." 

"No, Amber. Look, I am talking as a friend right now. I don't care if you're going to fire me or not, but I have to say this. I know that you're planning on something but I don't know what is it. You don't mean to hurt Krystal. You want a revenge, right?" Lay figured out, eyeing Amber who seemed to be too surprised that Lay understood her. "I heard you sobbing when I walked back to ask you something." Lay added. Amber looked ahead, checking that everyone was out of sight and she stood up to draw the curtains and made sure no one could see them conversing. 

"Right. Since you know it, I don't mind telling you. Yes, I am planning on a revenge. I don't know why, but I want her to suffer. I know this sounds stupid-"

"No it isn't stupid. It is exciting." Lay smirked. 

"Whatever. But, you're now part of it. Are you willing to help me?" Amber asked, sincerely. 

Lay shook his head and Amber's heart dropped. "I won't help you, but I will help Krystal." 

"Really?" Amber was delighted and her face lit up. Lay chuckled and nodded firmly. "Thanks, mate. You're my best friend now." 

"What about my brother and Minho?" Lay joked, referring to Kai and Choi Minho. 

Amber chortled along and then she turned serious. "Oh, speaking of Minho, has Lee Minho gotten back to us?" She shifted her upper body closer to the table, with her hands clasped in front of her body. 

"Hey, I thought you have been looking through that pile of files?" Lay teased, eyeing the files that Amber was 'looking'. "I left a note, saying that Hoya would like to speak to you at 3pm. You're lucky to have me." Lay shook his head, hand covering his eyes and grinning. 

Amber stood up and gave Lay a knock in the head and said, "right, you will help me with Krys and I will... carry on with my plan. I am counting on you, mate." 

"Trust me." Lay grinned. 

 

 

 

Jessica was shocked when the lift door opened by itself, revealing an unfamiliar looking lady. As far as she knew, she did not invite anyone up and how did the lady have access to the house? "Who are you?" Jessica narrowed her eyes, her hands searching for something to attack on the lady who seemed suspicious. 

"Oh, good afternoon. I am Nana. Uhm, are you Krystal?" 

"You know Krystal?" Jessica interrogated, still having her guards up. Nana approached her and shook her head, holding her hand bag in front of her body awkwardly. "Then why are you looking for her?" 

"My boyfriend asked me to relay a message to her." Nana replied, looking scared when Jessica had her eyes scrutinized on her. 

"Who the heck is your boyfriend?" 

"Lay." 

"Lay?" 

"Yes. Amber's assistant, Lay." Nana explained in further detail, hoping that her boyfriend's name would ring a bell in Jessica's head. But Amber's name made it bad. 

"Amber? Amber Liu? Wow that jerk, what does she want now? She's asking someone else to check on Krystal and see if she's dead or what? Oh shoot, I shouldn't say this. Why are you here?!" Jessica snarled, folding her arms in front of her chest. 

Nana gulped and quickly bowed. "I am sorry if I have offended you in any way but I am just here to tell Krystal something." 

The commotion outside the room had already woken Krystal up from her nap. It had been the third day since she found out that Amber would be marrying Suzy, she had not been doing well, looking at the dark circles under her eyes and the cheeks that had sunken in. She got up weakly, giving a glimpse at the alarm clock and saw that it was already late noon. She heard Jessica raising her voice and she quickly got off the bed, hurried to the door and frowned when she saw an unfamiliar backview. 

"She will tell her personally if she's sincere enough!" She saw Jessica hissing at the girl. Krystal's eyebrows were knitted closely and she walked toward them. Jessica scoffed when she saw Krystal walking to them. "What are you doing? You're supposed to be in the bed!"

"Unnie, who is she?" Krystal asked, pointing at Nana who was looking at her.

"Don't mind about her, let's go back to the room." Jessica urged and pushing Krystal into the bedroom gently. 

"Wait!" They stopped when the girl shouted. Krystal turned back and frowned. "Are you Krystal?" The girl asked unsurely and Krystal nodded hesitantly. She did not know the girl and how did the girl end up in her house, asking if she was her? "Oh great. I have something to tell you." 

"No she doesn't. That jerk..." Jessica said and muttered under her breath at the last sentence, pushing Krystal into the room again. Krystal resisted and she looked at her sister sternly. "What?" Jessica asked when she saw the way her sister was looking at her. 

"It is about Amber, right?" Krystal asked Jessica. Jessica nodded defeatedly and Krystal sighed at her sister before turning to the girl who was still standing there awkwardly. "Who are you?" 

"I am Nana. Lay's girlfriend." Nana smiled and waved politely. Krystal gave a weak smile and she felt something in her chest as she knew that it concerned Amber. "Do you mind... if we have a talk? Alone?" Nana glanced at Jessica then looked away when Jessica was glaring at her coldly. 

Krystal contemplated but still nodded in the end. She wanted to know about Amber. "Unnie, can you..." 

"Arasso arasso. Call me if you need anything." Jessica patted Krystal's cheek and then walked to the sofa, not forgetting to give Nana a warning kind of glare. Nana gulped and managed to walk to Krystal with her wobbly legs. 

"Let's go in and talk." Krystal said, walking back to her room. Nana followed after and Krystal asked her to sit on the bed. "So... what do you want to tell me about?" She asked, playing with the edge of her blanket, her heart was beating fast since it was about Amber. 

"Look, this is the whole story. I need you to listen and ask no question when I am talking because it is a little confusing to me, too." Nana said and she continued when Krystal nodded. "Lay wants me to tell you that Amber is marrying Suzy." Nana raised her hand up when Krystal was about to say something. "I know that you already knew. Lay told me that. But, here it is. Lay can't tell you this personally because he is afraid that Suzy might find out about Amber's plan." Nana swallowed her spit and then continued. 

"Amber will be marrying Suzy, but it is her plan. Her company lost... I forgot the figure but billions of dollar when Suzy made Hoyeon?"

"Hoya." Krystal corrected her. 

"Right Hoya. When Suzy made Hoya terminate the contract and whatever, I forgot. Amber had to meet up with his brother, Lee Minho to have a talk and regain the contract. Hoya met up with Amber yesterday and apologised to her, saying that he was blinded by love and that the mistake will not be repeated. Amber has forgiven him, of course. But to regain the contract, a lot of procedures is needed and that causes ALNO's stock market to fall. Amber cannot forgive Suzy, though." Nana paused, waiting for the information to be absorbed by Krystal and Krystal nodded, urging her to go on. 

"So Amber made a plan. She will marry Suzy and have her revenge. But Lay did not tell me about her revenge plan. It sounds exciting but she did not say a word about her plan." Nana said. "Okay you can ask me questions now." 

"Why does she have to do that?" Krystal asked, not really getting the idea of Amber's revenge. 

"Oh, she wants to make sure that Suzy will learn her lesson well and back off forever." 

"That's not what you're supposed to do... revenge..." Krystal sighed, rubbing her temple. 

"Well, it is not a bad idea after all. After what Lay told me about Suzy, I dislike her too..." Nana said, looking at Krystal with sympathy. 

"Don't be. Can I talk to Amber?" Krystal asked. 

Nana shook her head firmly. "No. You're part of the plan now, too. You're supposed to act like you're out of Amber's life forever and still saddened by the news that they're getting married. That way, Suzy will have no doubt on Amber." 

Krystal chewed on her inner cheek as she did not know what to do. Nana placed her hand on top of Krystal's and assured her. "Do it for the sake of Amber. She is working for the two of you." Krystal looked away and nodded. "Great. You're not supposed to contact Amber or look her up in the company. You're supposed to stay at home, only. Just in case Suzy will find Hoya to do something stupid again. You know." 

"Okay." Nana smiled when Krystal agreed and she patted on Krystal's hand. 

"Anyway, Lay wants me to tell you that Amber wants him to tell me to tell you that she loves you." Nana said, grinning widely. Then she saw the confusion on Krystal face and she groaned silently. "Okay, Amber just wanna tell you that she loves you." 

Krystal nodded and her face flushed, she looked down and hid the smile on her face. Nana caught it and she giggled. "You're fortunate to have Amber. Don't be sad anymore, even though you have to act like you're sad. But since no one is here, you can smile all you want." 

"I will. Can you... please tell Lay to tell Amber that... I... I...." Krystal could feel her face getting hotter and she bit her lips as the words couldn't seem to roll out of her tongue. 

"That you love her too? Okay, I will." Nana smiled. 

"Thank you." Krystal said out like a whisper and Nana giggled at how shy Krystal was. 

"You're welcome. We're friends, right?"

Krystal nodded and they laughed together. Jessica who had been eavesdropping by the door, smiled when she learnt about the truth too. But then, she could not forgive Amber for making her embarrassed in front of so many people in the company. It looked like Amber still had to go through Jessica first before getting Krystal back.