Saturday Coffee

Don't Want to Be Alone

It was a cold Saturday morning. In an average sized room, there lied a small figure, covered in blankets, tossing to one side to the other. The room was pale blue, and tidy, few school belongings occupied a small space on the floor, and a school uniform hanging on the edge of a laundry basket. A grunt escaped from the mountain of blankets the figure was sleeping under, warmly, comfortably. The door creaked open, a short raven haired male with a faux - hawked hairstyle, crept inside quietly and carefully, not to awaken the figure that was fast asleep. Shortly after, when he was close enough to his prey, the male jumped on top of the figure

 

"Hey! Good morning Wooyoungie!" he soon grabbed a nearby pillow and playfully hit his younger brother to wake him up. The younger male groaned, sitting up annoyed and giving his older brother a glare. He was not pleased with the method his brother had to wake him up.

 

Why would you bother me this early in the morning? Can't I sleep in without any disruption from you?!””Its a Saturday too!” he took his hands and rubbed both his eyes to adjust his vision when Jay pulled the curtains open, for the sun's rays to shine through the window. Wooyoung blinked a couple of times, to watch Jay take a seat on the corner of his bed. "It's not healthy if you sleep in you know?” Nag, nag, nag.“Also your friend, Chansung, is downstairs." With that Wooyoung jumped out of his bed, and searched for some clean clothes to change into He must want to talk about the practice I've missed Wooyoung thought as he headed to the bathroom. Jay followed his brother behind him, and knocked on the bathroom door "You have to eat breakfast, don't just run off!"

 

"Good morning hyung" Chansung said, after biting into his banana. The tall younger male was sitting at the kitchen table, when Wooyoung entered the room.

"Morning Chansung, where's Junho?" he grabbed a mug from the cupboard, then filled it with coffee already prepared,which he assumed his grandmother already made.

 

"Junho hyung is busy today he wanted tell you that he will catch up with us later." he bit into his banana again. Wooyoung took a seat across from the younger male with his coffee in hand. Chansung looked at him with a curious look in his eyes "Where were you all this time hyung?"

 

A moment of silence formed between them and in a few seconds later, Jay came into the kitchen. It's like he's knows something's up that he just coincidentally is eavesdropping in the conversation.

 

Wooyoung never told his brother that he had tutoring every three times a week since Jay always expected him to be smarter than to be tutored. In that moment, Nichkhun's angelic face appeared in his mind. He wish it hadn't.

 

"Wooyoung where were you if you weren't with them practicing?" Wooyoung snapped out of it, when his brother added to the conversation. He should have told his best friends that he had tutoring in English (it had been a week anyway) but he felt embarrassed.

 

Two pair of eyes stared at him, both waiting for an answer. He puffed out his cheeks, then lightly sighed "I have tutoring for English three times a week that's why I've been missing practice" He said it. He finally let it out for his best friend and brother to hear. How else was he going to respond?

 

"Is that all?" chuckled Jay (who almost choked on his cereal when he laughed). Wooyoung puffed out his cheeks "I thought you got yourself into some serious with people from your school or been doing something against the law, but tutoring? Was that what you were hiding" his chuckles gradually turn to laughter. Jay couldn't contain it and Wooyoung couldn't help but feel pissed.

 

"Well at least I know that you're safe" Chansung stood up, throwing the banana peel in the garbage. "Junho and I were worried about you" he gave the older male a soft smile. It was that smile and concerned that made Wooyoung feel a little lighter, yet guilty of not telling them sooner.

 

...

 

As it turned into the afternoon, the three friends met up at a nearby cafe that was quite popular with teenagers today. The cafe was modern and had a french touch to it. It was reverently new; before it was an abandon empty place, until a young rich man had a vision to build a bakery here. Now the cafe is known by the variety of sweets, friendly environment, and best-in-town coffee.

 

"It's nice here, huh" said Chansung, analyzing the place as he took a seat.

 

"Sure is. The place must be crowed during the afternoon and special holidays" replied Junho looking at the menu of the cafe's. "It's nice to have something like this in the dull neighbourhood" Chansung nodded. Wooyoung never had the chance to go to the new cafe. He took everything in and admired it all. Even though he was the ice cream type, he would order something here just to see how it was. Junho waved for a waitress to take their order. They all ordered coffee and ordered desserts that contain something they each liked: Junho had strawberries, Chansung banana, and Wooyoung couldn't make up his mind and ultimately had ice cream in the end. Shortly after, the waitress came with their order.

 

"Yah~ look at this! It looks too good to eat!" commented Junho deciding whether to eat his or not. Chansung was already digging into his before he had the chance to say anything to the other. They soon all were enjoying eating their dessert.

 

"Down to business. Let's review what you have missed this pass week Woo." Junho said. They had their conversation on what he had missed during the week of Wooyoung hitting the books. After they were done, they stayed a little longer.

 

The bell above the door rang through the (somewhat) quiet cafe, knowing that another customer has come in. The customer was tall, well-toned, pale white skin, dark brown eyes, and dark auburn hair, entered along with a tall beast-like featured man "Hey Wooyoung I didn't know you came here"

 

Looking up from being his name called out in a distance, his eyes searched for the familiar voice, and targeted a smiling Thai man waving in his direction making his way toward him.

 

"Nichkhun hyung" Junho and Chansung looked at Nichkhun

 

"Hey Khun I'm gonna look for an empty table, okay?" Nichkhun looked back, nodding to his friend. Wooyoung was curious who that boy that seemed so close to Nichkhun Are they friends?

 

"Wooyoung-ah ! Have you been reviewing your notes? "Your english test is coming up soon. Start studying for it okay?" the edges of the older male's pink lips curled up, forming a smile to the now embarrassed Wooyoung.

 

"S-sure thing hyung, I'll get to it" his cheeks started to feel a little warm as he waved goodbye to the older male as he left to look for his friend. Why am I acting like this? The two younger males giggled as they saw Wooyoung's cheeks turn a flush pink, in return he gave a snort and a small glare, making them control their laughter.

 

...

 

His eyes were fixed on the ceiling of his room, flashbacks of his week came to mind, especially when it came to tutoring with Nichkhun. Something about the Thai made Wooyoung not himself, and made him feel more comfortable to act differently around him. The smile that would appear on his face whenever Wooyoung seemed humorous, that warm smile that seemed welcoming, and changed Wooyoung's perspective of him. "Yah! What am I thinking!?" he shook his head roughly in the air, and fell asleep feeling stupid that he was daring to think of that man. Yet a part of him wanted to continue thinking about the Thai Prince, without feeling that regret.